PDA

View Full Version : The more I see of animal suffering in the meat industry the more I feel like...

Bella
22-07-2013, 08:44 AM
The more I feel like ending my own life. Since I was 11 years old I've known and been aware of animal cruelty in the industry also in the experiments for beauty ect ect ect ect. I tried at the time to become vegetarian, not fully realizing or accepting into my head the core suffering. I thought becoming vegetarian would be a good idea, but I was not fully seeing it out as a life dedication of determination and will. This past year I felt I should become more aware of animal suffering, and saw bits and pieces of videos and photos on Animal Rights and Vegan is the Future ect sites .. they touched my heart and soul but I didn't feel I was doing much to change anything.

I tried repetively to tell my boyfriend I was becoming vegetarian but he to this day cannot fully understand. He is a meat lover. Although he is aware (not fully aware or accepting) and saddended by the reality .. continously saying to not show him any more videos or even try because it severely depressess him .. he cannot quite the meat.

Well. The more I came to accept the reality the more I have felt a hole cut out of my heart and left empty. The more I felt for these animals suffering the more I felt the pain of a million losses. The more I felt and desperatly wished to end the suffering the more I felt so desperate to die myself, because I can not accept that I live in a world of this cruelty where every second of my waking life these innocent babies these innocent mother pigs and cows these animals these babies are so brutually murdered. and i cannot change it. i cannot save them. i cannot take revenge on these men that do these things. i cannot sacrafice my own life to end all the suffering. i cannot do anything. i can only watch. they are so broken. they are so alone. they have no choice. they are born to be in so much pain. so much despair. there is no justice.

my heart i have never felt so much pain in my whole entire living body before my soul and spirit and heart and whatever makes me a human is just livid in betrayl of any hope of answers to why this is. why is this allowed. whats happening to these animals is as bad as what happened to the jews in the holocust. these animals have done no wrong. these creatures with their hearts and souls and spirits are born into this world just to be so beaten and scared and I CANNOT BEGIN TO DESCRIBE. AND IT IS HAPPENING. IT IS ALLOWED? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

How is this in any way okay. We as a human race are born to live our journeys and grow and spiritually develope but WHAT IS THE ESCUSE OF THE CREATOR OR SOURCE OF ALL. TO BE LETTING THIS HAPPEN. TELL ME. WHY

I would give up anything I would DO ANYTHING TO END THEIR SUFFERING

I am so so so broken in this soul over this I cant I CANT let myself even imagine anymore of their fear

How can anyone see the reality of what happens to them and not see there is no difference between baby PIGLETS and baby children. There is no difference between these animals and humans. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. AM I CRAZY TO BELIEVE THAT DON"T YOU DARE THINK SO. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THEY ARE PURE AND GENTLE AND KIND AND INNOCENT AND FREE OF SIN. AND HUMANITY DESTROYS THEM. HUMANITY DOESNT WANT TO DO ANYTHING OR WANT TO CARE BECAUSE THEY DON'T SEE THEIR OWN KIND SUFFERING LIKE THESE BABIES DO. THEY DON'T SEE TODDLERS AND NEW BORNS OF THE HUMAN RACE. SO THEY DON'T CARE. THEY ARE NOT AFFECTED.

WHEN WILL THEIR SUFFERING END. IT WONT END TILL HUMANITY DIES. AND I FIND THAT SO SICKENING AND REVOLTING AND PAINFUL AND I FEEL SO SO DISGRACEFUL TO BE A HUMAN WITH THIS AWARENESS.

I CAN SHED MY TEARS but my tears will not redeem me of the knowledge of their suffering because I am weak and useless to change it.

knightofalbion
22-07-2013, 12:27 PM
No, dear Bella you are not 'crazy'. Your soul is 'blossoming'.
In so doing one acquires heightened sensitivity and as such one becomes aware of the pain and suffering of others and one empathizes with their pain and suffering.

One has to be careful not to allow oneself to be overwhelmed by it all....

One can only live as harmlessly as one is able, and make the case for compassion when the opportunities to do so arise.

Seawolf
22-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I agree the way we treat animals is sick and wrong. It's a product of our industrialized society. There are many downsides to the modern world, one is the complete lack of respect for the earth. Which is a lack of respect for ourselves. Animals brutally murder each other to eat, but we do it without even a thought that it is a life we are taking. We are not like animals killing each other for food; we are animals 'processing' a 'commodity' for profit. We've lost connection to the earth and can't think beyond our business strategies. We've overpopulated the earth and must wantonly destroy without care to satisfy our ever increasing greed and hunger.

Bella
24-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Strong words with much wisdom to you both. Thank you for your replies. It gives a sense of comfort others do know how it feels.

tigereye
24-07-2013, 12:39 PM
With the population of humans expanding as it is, then no matter the expansion of industrial farms we cannot continue eating as much meat as we do. I do eat meat, but very rarely (like a couple of times a year), and it comes from a small local farm where the animals are all free range and treated exceptionally well.
We don't have enough land to feed that many animals - we should really return to a diet of vegetables and pulses, but the sad truth is that the more "developed" (read: rich) countries be one, the more meat they want to eat, because previously they couldn't afford it. The sad thing is not only are the animals treated worse and worse, people are becoming more and more diseased. There are plenty of scientific studies out there to show that this meat-filled diet is not good for us. In china, people used to be much more healthy (when they rarely ate meat) than those of us in Britain and America, but now, as their diet has become more like ours, more people are dying of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes etc.
Not only are we hurting the animals, but we are hurting ourselves, and we don't even realise it. There may be no difference between piglets and children - after all, we harm piglets and kill he pigs, while our diet (as well as us in the literal sense- remember Sandy Hook ) also harm children and kill adults. It works both ways. The pork industry is often not as bad now where I live, since they discovered the stress hormone ruined the meat to the point it was uneatable.

Arcturus
24-07-2013, 02:06 PM
if your b/f won't give up meat then he can go organic, as the standards are much higher. try persuading him to that end maybe.

fire
24-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Bella, I strongly recommend that you go to YouTube and look up "abraham the biggest missing piece". The message of this video makes a very strong and important point that applies to the perspective of the disc that you are currently spinning on.

To summarise the key point, you must first of all understand that our primary essense as pure beings is awareness: the ability to observe from an individual 'I am' perspective. We are all explorers and observers of what exists within this specific creation, as human beings here on earth. So we tumble about our lives and run into all sorts of contrasting experiences, whether we like what we see or not. But that is also where our ability to focus comes in, because we do have the power to deliberately shift our focus from one subject to another.

The most important part of this life experience, however, is that whatever subject we give our attention to, we activate the vibration of within ourselves. But if the vibration of the subject in question, as one's specific thoughts about it, is not in alignment with source's perspective, you tear yourself apart from your own source connection by allowing your mind to identify itself with those specific thoughts, which always feels disempowering.

Moreover, in your present situation, you are not only holding yourself apart from your source connection by focusing upon the cruelty and wrongs and your powerlesness about the subject, but also taking upon yourself the pain and burdens of every suffering animal that you choose to sympathise with.

But do you realise that sympathising with all of these specific suffering individuals is actually not benefiting any of them, and least of all yourself ? And furthermore, you also deprive yourself of any potential to be inspired and able to think clearly in a direction of possibly creating improvement.

As you realise this, I suggest that you simply move away from the subject, and brace yourself with the understanding that you hold compassion for animals, in your knowing that they deserve better.

But you will have to practice this now and put conrinuous effort into guiding your thoughts towards subjects that feel better to you, in order to break your present pattern of habitual thinking.

Another thing that may greatly assist you with this, is to look up another video on YouTube titled "The Pulse Technique" by Deb Cummings. This video features an energy transmission that will assist you by addressing, eliminating and clearing any undesired experience of your choice, by simply focusing upon it. You can replay it to address anything in your life that feels undesirable, and the energy will be working with every issue simultaneously, until the root cause of each has been permanently terminated. In preoaration, I suggest that you write down a list of the specific aspects that bother you the most about this subject, e.g. feeling powerless to it; the cruelty, wrongness and injustice of it; the pain in your being of it; etc.

I strongly recommend that you give this healing tool a try. The benefits are permanent, and your life might just change to an entirely different potential future timeline for you, as the energy works progressively to liberate you from within, than if you didn't act upon the opportunity.

Just be easy on yourself and practice your well-being. Your boyfriend is actually a very good example for you to follow.

summereve
25-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Have you thought of joining peta? There are some other companies in the us also who campaign for fair rights. I get emails to sign petitions. At least then you would be doing something positive.

It sound to me like you keep yourself well informed of the practisies used what about somehow sharing this knowledge in a positive way?
I agree it's hard to give up meat. I'm a former vegetarian. Being aware is half the battle. Most people do not think of the meat they are consumingas an animal. It's a commodity.
I think the health message now is 2 or 3 meat free days a week as optimum.
Even coming up with some good meat free dishes to impress family & friends could encourage them to reduce the amount they eat.
I think it's looking at it in small steps to reduce what's happening.

alamode
27-07-2013, 04:53 AM
The monetary system causes animals to be treated badly because its cheaper. When cost of goods sold are cheaper, that makes profits higher and makes more money. If there was no such thing as money and we lived in a world wide resourced based economy, all animals will be treated and killed humanely.

To grow crops, the organic farmer has to kill rabbits, gophers, and other animals to prevent them from eating crops. To grow crops, the conventional farmer has to kill pests and insects. No matter what, there is death involved in sustaining life. If you wanted to cause the least amount of death as possible, living off of pure vegatation, as I have just described causes lots and lots of death and would not be the way. It would be possible to live off of one single cow for a very long time consuming its milk and its meat, so that would cause less death than living off of pure vegetation.