PDA

View Full Version : scared to be deceived

kindheart
27-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Good evening!
I've finally come to realize, after much suffering, what it is that I want in life and in love. I've seen what I wanted, and for reasons out of my control, lost it. I've come to realize exactly what it is that I want, but the problem is I'm scared to ask for it, for fear that I will be deceived if it doesn't come... I'm stuck between asking the angels/god/the universe for what I want, which could lead me to get stuck waiting for something that may or may not happen, or not ask for anything and just take things as they come, although those things may not be as good as they could be if I asked for them...

Xan
28-10-2010, 12:38 AM
kindheart... This kind of expectation - that you will be deceived and disappointed - is a good one to release from your mind because we often get what we expect. Of course you can't just say "Okay, I won't feel that way anymore." We need a method for changing these kinds of patterns.

A really good one is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. There's a little article about it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

blessings
Xan

Greenslade
28-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I have to agree with Xan on this one. By all means ask, but don't expect to get. For every reason you might get it there's a reason why you might not, and that might be something you need to learn in itself. Not getting it doesn't mean deceit, it just means it wasn't meant to happen - somehow I don't think Spirit deceives intentionally without a good reason.

If it's going to happen it's going to happen the way it happens. I don't think it's a case of better or more, it's a case of just the way it is. But maybe while you're always wanting more, maybe Spirit thinks you'll never be happy with what you get even if you get it?

Gerryh
28-10-2010, 10:21 AM
If you ask from your higher self to get the essence of what you want, there is no reason in the world why you can't have it.If it doesn't materialise it is because you aren't in alignement with it.But it is already available to you in vibrational escrow.We are magnificent co -creators with god.
Wishing you all the best Gerry

kindheart
28-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm actually not asking for a lot, and what I've been receiving so far are problematic situations... it doesn't take much to please me, but I've decided enough, now I want better than what I've been getting. At the same time it's as if I feel like I don't deserve better... That's one more thing I need to work on..

Thank you so much Xan for this awesome technique. I had heard of it before, but I think now is the time to really get into it. However, I am realizing I have so many emotions to deal with! It would take me forever to do EFT for each and every one of them even more than a time or two a day... Where do I start?

Emmalevine
28-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I agree with the others. As for what you want, then let it go. Leave the outcome to the Universe by trusting that it wants what is best for you even if the best isn't what you asked. But it's truly okay to ask and put your intent out there.

Xan
30-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank you so much Xan for this awesome technique. I had heard of it before, but I think now is the time to really get into it. However, I am realizing I have so many emotions to deal with!

It would take me forever to do EFT for each and every one of them even more than a time or two a day... Where do I start?

This is a great question, kindheart. Start with something simple first, so you can see an immediate result and build your confidence.

Then look into what seems to be a core issue or emotion in your life and work with that one. Often once the most basic emotional pattern is released other ones go too... either automatically or easily with a little more work.

An EFT method that is very effective is to go into a significant event (or series of similar events) in your past... a particularly painful memory, for instance. For this one uses the Movie Technique --- running a movie of the memory in your mind while you tap through the acupressure point sequence repeatedly until all negative emotion about it is gone. It's not necessary to delve into all the pain of whatever happened, but just to watch it going on while tapping.

Please feel free to ask any other questions about using EFT, here on in pm.

blessings
Xan