PDA

View Full Version : My strange encounter with a pheasant!

justme50
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
In the meadow next to our previous property, which we sold last year, was a shoot where pheasants were bred for the purpose. I used to take my daily walks in the meadow, through which ran a river. Usually the pheasants would scatter to the four winds as I approached. One particular afternoon in the Autumn of 2011 I was on my way home when I encountered a male pheasant who didn't run away, but walked with me. Not only that it tried to engage me in conversation in 'pheasant speak'! When I got to our home I expected the pheasant to turn back, but not a bit of it. The bird accompanied me to our door and then stood watching us through the French windows for a hour or two. I was astounded at his behaviour and took a photo of the bird. Eventually he went on its way and I didn't expect to see him again. However a couple of days later when I was in the meadow there were a lot of pheasants, around and about who fled as I came up to them. In the distance I saw a pheasant running towards me, and there was my friend, who had plenty to say, I wish I knew what he was on about!:D This time the pheasant didn't come home with me. I only encountered him once more. I hope he didn't get shot the next time they had a pheasant shoot!:icon_frown: It was very strange, although there was probably a natural explanation for the bird's out of character behaviour, my wonderful personality, for instance!:D I joke that the bird was my late father in a new incarnation!:D

Ecthalion
04-07-2013, 11:03 AM
What a lovely story. And people deliberately kill these little personalities. :dontknow:

justme50
04-07-2013, 11:25 AM
What a lovely story. And people deliberately kill these little personalities. :dontknow:

Well it is the only pheasant I have met with a personality, usually they are the most stupid of birds, imo!

knightofalbion
04-07-2013, 11:41 AM
See 'Monster' in the Vegetarian and Vegan section.

He probably thought you were a god who he could trust and associate peaceably with....

He obviously hadn't learned yet....(about humans)

justme50
04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
See 'Monster' in the Vegetarian and Vegan section.

He probably thought you were a god who he could trust and associate peaceably with....

He obviously hadn't learned yet....(about humans)

It was a good job I wasn't looking for one for the pot!:D

Teal
06-08-2013, 10:09 PM
I used to see some prairie chickens. I loved watching them and yapping at them. They had some babies and they began crossing the highway. I yelled at them one day to stay off the road. The hen and the roaster yapped back at me. There were 3 little ones. I was thinking of getting a duck crossing sign. Someone said it was dumb because a semi would not stop to let birds cross the highway. I thought maybe I could move them up the road a bit or still that duck sign..
Sadly, I came home to find someone took the whole family out. I still get upset thinking about it. I got out of my vehicle and put their little bodies together and said a small prayer.

I moved and saw a new couple my love for watching them has returned.

RobMack
31-01-2015, 07:47 PM
These are the readings I mentioned, nature writes it down and spells it out for us, we need to absorb it and understand it - then act.. see my last thread on readings .. this is amazing what you have experienced.
No you need to learn to read the signs..
Rob

Tobi
01-02-2015, 01:07 AM
In the meadow next to our previous property, which we sold last year, was a shoot where pheasants were bred for the purpose. I used to take my daily walks in the meadow, through which ran a river. Usually the pheasants would scatter to the four winds as I approached. One particular afternoon in the Autumn of 2011 I was on my way home when I encountered a male pheasant who didn't run away, but walked with me. Not only that it tried to engage me in conversation in 'pheasant speak'! When I got to our home I expected the pheasant to turn back, but not a bit of it. The bird accompanied me to our door and then stood watching us through the French windows for a hour or two. I was astounded at his behaviour and took a photo of the bird. Eventually he went on its way and I didn't expect to see him again. However a couple of days later when I was in the meadow there were a lot of pheasants, around and about who fled as I came up to them. In the distance I saw a pheasant running towards me, and there was my friend, who had plenty to say, I wish I knew what he was on about!:D This time the pheasant didn't come home with me. I only encountered him once more. I hope he didn't get shot the next time they had a pheasant shoot!:icon_frown: It was very strange, although there was probably a natural explanation for the bird's out of character behaviour, my wonderful personality, for instance!:D I joke that the bird was my late father in a new incarnation!:D

That is a really charming story of your encounter, justme. Yes of course they are creatures as we are! Sometimes they might like to communicate.
I have been going to a neighbour's house for a long time, to look after a cat there. A beautiful male pheasant came on to my neighbour's lawn every single morning for about 4 weeks during late Autumn, early winter. He was not afraid of me, or the cat. I put suet balls (for wild birds) down for him every day, and he was happy to eat them with me standing there. He showed up every morning, then suddenly disappeared. (no! The cat didn't get him! lol)