PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

Belle
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
What is the best thing for blisters?

I'm upping the hiking and always when I do this, whatever the shoe, blisters emerge even if the shoe has rendered no blisters before. When a hiking jaunt comes to the fore, so the blisters multiply.

I have surgical spirit (ouch) and band-aid / Compeed is better.

But I was wondering what else I might investigate?

Tobi
03-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I have so much empathy!
Many years ago I got blisters. Now I do what no normal person would ever do -I walk in Wellies! In normal (cool) weather I wear ordinary ones. In hot weather I wear cut-down ones (just above the ankle bone) with white sports socks.
Never had a blister since.
They don't make my feet feel "drawn", hot, sweaty etc. Maybe because I wear cotton socks (?) don't know.
But some people may need arch-support insoles if they do this.

Another trick a Welsh Sheep farmer once told me is if you have to do a lot of walking, miles and miles every day, never soak your feet in the bath or shower! Only ever wipe them briefly with a wet cloth. As soaking them in a hot bath softens the skin.

Belle
05-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks Tobi

So I spoke to a few people and it is a release of emotional pain as much as anything. It's interesting the way body deals with things.

My feet were so bad and swollen I couldn't get shoes on for a few days! But healing now for the meanwhile.

Tobi
05-07-2013, 11:11 PM
That's not very pleasant Belle. I hope your feet are healing OK now. I always find skin wounds heal better after long deep sleep. Aloe Vera might help too.

It is SO strange, but after what I just said, now (haha) I have a tiny blister!
I had to walk 6 miles today (not much and I am used to that distance and more) -anyway I wore my little "cut-down" wellies, they are so light and I wore nice cool socks. Anyway after 4 miles I started to feel a tiny blister and immediately thought of you! And laughed at my philosophy!
It was meant to remind me of the pain in your feet! I haven't had one for YEARS!!

Belle
06-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Tobi i'm a great believer in the body speaking to you. Sure there are things like a common cold which does not need in depth investigation, or a flu when everyone is getting it.

But, a blister when you don't normally get one ...

So I was told that it was a release of water, a release of emotion? And how much better that it is like that rather than in an organ where it can fester.

Moreover, have a look at the position. Is it left foot or right foot - left for female, right for your male energy.

And have a look at a reflexology chart to see if something correlates to the position and if it is telling you anything about your body?

Maybe nothing, but worth paying attention to if you have done nothing different.

I'm walking wiht a degree of pain but only a small degree of pain.

I'm meant to be in training for a hike tho!! So shd be walking 5-10 miles a day.