PDA

View Full Version : censorship

Mart
12-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Hello peeps,

is there stuff that should be censored or does censorship cause all the problems in the universe?

Does censorship stop people taking resposibility for themselves and their emotions?

Would god ever be a censor?

Are heaven and hell the same place? (but seen from different perspectives)

Would an avator censor the truth?

What is the truth if censorship exists?

Why do we censor, is it because we feel sensitive about our own shortcomings?

Who will win the world cup?

Is Imogen boring?

Does Dan Brown like Kylie Minogue?

Who are better the jets or the giants?

Who's lorna doon?

What would a circle with a radius of pi look like?

How do you feel right now?

What if i called you a ****head how would you feel now?

Any answers?

Mart
13-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Hmmm, you have a lot of questions my friend, seek within, the answer lies without. Listen to me and you will have the joy of sacred sex, listen to my wise words and feel confused for it is in the confusion you will find clarity and boredom.

A circle with a radius of pi could never exist in physical form but it could exist as a void between physical parameters, excellent observation my friend and conkerbine, you have practiced the art of worthless thought well, i am proud.

Sad Chit Chat.

Mart
14-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi Mart and Mart,

Mart you have a lot of questions that could each be a thread on there own lol.

Mart I like your observations about boredom in confusion and clarity from chaos, but I thought you were belittling Mart a little and being a bit condescending to his fairly valid questions i thought. I don't want to cause any offence because I like your posts but you can sometimes be a little bit pushy in your views, and i feel i would like to defend Mart from your belittlement because i'm not sure he is strong enough to stand up to you himself.

Mart
15-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi you guys, may I add MY opinion to your thread. I think you are all missing the point. The fact is that there is no point, which i suppose will account for the fact that you all missed it because if there isn't one then how could you possibly get it, except for the fact that maybe not looking for the point is more of a point than anything tangible that you may find if you search the fruitless point search.

Mart I like your idea of a circle with a radius of pi, it's like you would know where it was in terms of it lying between two very tight physical parameters but it wouldn't actually exist as anything itself - almost like an illusion of something existing created by its absence in space.

But Mart I don't get your assertion that there is clarity in chaos, that just doesn't make sense and I don't think you should undermine Mart's self confidence by saying that you don't believe he is strong enough to handle himself - back off Mart.

Mart
15-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi I'm Mart, I'm a rocket scientist who dabbles in the occult so i know what i'm talking about and you should listen to my wisdom - aren't you all the same person?

dreamer
15-06-2006, 05:12 PM
my names Dreamer when the fancy takes me, I make spiritual peace tricycles for switched on clowns, so i know what i'm talking about - listen to me and you will find something spiritual that may leave you with an uneasy feeling when you go to the toilet but will subside into eternity.

Hi Mart, good to hear from you again, it's been a while. Yes we are all the same person with a billion different personas. As Mart said earlier in the thread, there is truth in everything, if there was not how could it be? Truth is what is isn't it, in this regards you are right Mart and you are wrong Mart but not really wrong for there is even truth in your wrongness. Mart I don't see how you can say what you said about the occult earlier, so what is my thoughts on that.

dreamer
16-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Yes that's right, I know what you mean.

Mart
16-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I know you do, but it's actually wrong, i was only messing. Who are you to give such an opinion anyway?

dreamer
16-06-2006, 07:22 PM
I am you you big fool.

Mart
16-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I know that, but who am I? That's the question.

peteyzen
19-06-2006, 12:04 PM
There is no I , thats the answer!

tiltjlp
19-06-2006, 07:47 PM
The original question posed was: is there stuff that should be censored or does censorship cause all the problems in the universe?

Clearly the dribble posted is this thread excluding my post should have been "self-censored" by those who posted it. All I can figure out is that Post Count is more important to some people that the quality of their comments.

John

Mart
20-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Your right John, I wish that Mart character would keep his mouth shut or his fingers shackled or something, the copious rubbish that he spouts is obviously driven by some mental defect that causes him to yearn for the approval of others by seeking attention or something. I think you have figured it right, this Mart guy is obviously just trying to win some sort of posting competition, what a loser.

Are you hearing this Mart, none of us want to read your boring ramblings anymore, get the message man - remember those who know don't speak - so you obviously know very little.

Thanks for making this point John, I'd been wanting to make it myself for quite some time but just didn't have the nerve to do it. Now we might get some peace for once.

Mart
20-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi whoever chooses to read this, I am so sorry for the offence I have caused, I never meant for my words to have caused so much consternation. I am really upset that I have bored you all, especially you tiltjlp. I will censor myself more in future and hang my head in shame for the rest of eternity.

I love all your posts and only wanted to join in. It is true, there is something wrong with me, if only i was a better person then things wouldn't be so bad.

Mart
20-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey John, don't be too hard on Mart, it is Mart who is the real culprit here. Poor old Mart obviously has problems but Mart knows what he's doing and so has no excuses for what he has done. I know you are an editor and there may be a compulsion to edit in your reality tunnel, but really Mart is a poor defenceless little lamb of a person, like I say if you want to utilise your rapier wit to cut anyone down to size it should really be Mart that you turn your attention to.

Your humble servant Mart.

eternity
20-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi Petezen,
There never was an "I" only humans allowed the ego to provide you all with one.
All is molecular,all is one.All vibrates at different rates to allow the materials one needs to live the human life and the experience of being a human.
At the start the ego was pure and simple.Fight or flight.As humans got more and more clever with knowledge then the ego kept up.
All humans see diversity rather than unity and this allows the ego to be very strong.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

eternity
20-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello Mart,
There is nothing wrong with you.
Please keep writing as you see fit.Do not ever hang your head in shame.
If your views do not suit any of us that is our problem not yours.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

eternity
20-06-2006, 02:14 PM
The only thing that causes all problems in your universe is mankinds feeble mind.
Technology is at a superb level and yet you have not kept up with the wisdom to use it correct as you all should have done by now.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

DASA
20-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Beyond the false-ego: the Soul

"For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain."

dreamer
21-06-2006, 07:59 PM
I like your dribble titlip it is funny (ha,ha not strange), do you like mine? Mart you are a dude, but i would say that wouldn't i with me being you an all. Yeeehaa!!

tiltjlp
22-06-2006, 12:11 AM
I like your dribble titlip it is funny (ha,ha not strange), do you like mine? Mart you are a dude, but i would say that wouldn't i with me being you an all. Yeeehaa!!

In all honesty, so far, no. I didn't come here to be entertained, but rather to exchange opinions and observations about spirituality and related topics.

John

dreamer
22-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Thats a shame John, then again maybe it isn't, I suppose it all depends on your point of view. From my perspective it seems that all is entertainment in this great experience, it even amuses me that you express such a serious opinion. All my life I was told to be more serious so maybe you have a point, but on the other hand all my life the people who gave me this advice never seemed to be too happy with their own life where as I was happy to be myself - a dribbling fool, who is serious about enjoying this experience.

I am sorry you didn't come here to be entertained, I am glad that you feel what I have written is etertaining (even if you rail against it so) and I suppose my advice would be the same advice you probably give to people who don't like your books - if you don't like it you don't have to read it. In the meantime I will continue to write dribble and maybe in time you will learn to enjoy it.

One question, if you didn't enjoy the post why did you read it? You are indeed an entertaining individual John, very amusing and I am enjoying this batting to and fro of ideas and opinions with you immensley. Cheers dude.

Mart
22-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Right on brother, I'm not gonna read your posts anymore - they bore me, thats some top advice, don't do anything you hate. Didn't that Jesus dude say something similar John?

tiltjlp
22-06-2006, 09:40 PM
One question, if you didn't enjoy the post why did you read it? You are indeed an entertaining individual John, very amusing and I am enjoying this batting to and fro of ideas and opinions with you immensley. Cheers dude.

That has to be one of the more amusing questions I've ever read. I simply don't understand why you and your fellow "entertainers" don't confine your dribble to the lounge, or one of the other more generalized parts of the forum. Why mess up the serious sections with inappropriate postings? But yes, as I learn who the clowns here are, I will ignore their posts.

John

dreamer
23-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi John,

maybe there is more wisdom in what you have read than you realise. You are sounding a bit George W about all of this, chill bubba.

Still I'm glad you found something I have written of worth, it is not that I am trying to wind you up, just responding in a natural way to what you had written. Sorry if I hit a nerve - but you know what they say, you only get angry at critisism if there is some truth in it.

All the best mate in whatever you do, and I mean that sincerely.

Mart
23-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I've just re read this thead and i liked it immensley, very entertaining and a fairly accurate skit on the circles one goes in I feel. Well done to all involved I feel, a job well done, although maybe not quite serious enough this can be worked on next time. 7/10.

dreamer
07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
The original question posed was: is there stuff that should be censored or does censorship cause all the problems in the universe?

Clearly the dribble posted is this thread excluding my post should have been "self-censored" by those who posted it. All I can figure out is that Post Count is more important to some people that the quality of their comments.

John

Hey John,

I am sorry to do this but you have been talking a lot lately about expressing opinions and I just wanted to remind you of how you introduced yourself to me on this forum. Maybe you could ease up a bit on laying down the law and remind yourself that you have been fairly provocative in the past. Whilst I would agree that nasty, negative comments should be policed and dealt with, in my opinion you are taking things too far.

tiltjlp
07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey John,

I am sorry to do this but you have been talking a lot lately about expressing opinions and I just wanted to remind you of how you introduced yourself to me on this forum. Maybe you could ease up a bit on laying down the law and remind yourself that you have been fairly provocative in the past. Whilst I would agree that nasty, negative comments should be policed and dealt with, in my opinion you are taking things too far.

Thanks for voicing your opinion as an opinion Dreamer. The reason things seem calm here is because the staff enforces the forum rules, and many of the problems don't appear on the open forum. There's a saying that rules are made to be broken. Well, the way I see it is that rules are made to be followed, and enforced. The proper enforcement of the rules is why it might seem they aren't needed, but I can assure you that they are needed. If everyone abided by the rules you'd never hear from me in that way, and I'd be delighted.

John

dreamer
07-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey John, you know I love you. Sometimes you are too nitpicking for your own good though imo.

cweiters
07-12-2006, 03:40 PM
All is spiritual in my opinion; the contrast in personalities are seldom seen or revealed. Most people have been conditioned to display the more acceptable side of self in public places. Just because I don't reveal this side of myself dosen't mean its not there or is less spiritual than the part of me people accept the most.
Thanks dreamer, Mart and Mart! Oh censorship is just another way of saying "Follow the crowd".

Love to all
cw

Enlightener
07-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Here's an experiment for you John, try NOT enforcing the rules for a week or even a month, whatever suits you, and see what happens.

Enlightener

kundalini
07-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I back up John 100% about the enforcement of the rules. As John and myself have both stated in the past, there is a lot that goes on in the background.

Kundalini.

tiltjlp
07-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Here's an experiment for you John, try NOT enforcing the rules for a week or even a month, whatever suits you, and see what happens.

Enlightener

Sorry, but that won't happen. I saw what happened when the rules weren't clearly defined and enforced. That's why I offered to join the staff in the first place. I can assure you that no one would be happy with the results.

John

BLAIR2BE
08-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Censorship encompasses morals, ethics, freedoms and much, much more. I do not necessarily agree with ALL of the rules or perhaps the level of enforcement for some of the rules. But some order is needed as we are human beings and humans don’t always take a mature or responsible approach to discussion and debate. Two buddies arguing the ins and outs of spirituality can get away with a lot (and should have that freedom), but this forum is public, and while freedom to express one’s self should not be suppressed we must realize anyone could be reading (young, inexperienced, vulnerable, etc.). So……

We would not have to be censored here at S.F. if we showed some maturity and respect (not saying that I always do; I’m human)

I do not believe censorship stops people from taking responsibility; those that choose not to, never will; those that do show responsibility probably always will

Heaven and hell are subject to individual interpretation (I do not believe in “heaven” and “hell”; not the classical definitions anyway)

An avatar would not censor the truth (what does this question mean?)

Truth is truth, regardless of censorship (or mabey in spite of)

Different people or entities censor for different reasons (duh)

I don’t follow soccer (football)

What is Imogen?

Who are Dan Brown and Kylie Minogue?

I don’t follow football

I don’t know who Lorna Doon is

A circle…?

Too full of pizza but otherwise good

I would still feel good (sticks and stones and all that)

tiltjlp
08-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Thanks for your insightful post BLAIR2BE. Actually, our staff isn’t censoring anyone, simply asking that everyone's Absolute Truth be presented as their Absolute Truth, and not as a Universal Absolute Truth that MUST be accepted by one and all. As you wisely point out, we have members and visitors from all cultures and backgrounds, as well as all levels of experience and inexperience. Playing nice and following the forum rules not only shows that a member has Class, but that they have Respect for each other. Our staff simply watches to make sure that everyone shows that touch of Class and offers each other at least Token Respect. Rules are a necessary burden required to assure that our forum is a safe and inviting place for everyone. Thanks again for your post.

John

BLAIR2BE
08-12-2006, 02:59 AM
you got class tiltjlp, no matter what they say about you;)

tiltjlp
08-12-2006, 04:59 AM
you got class tiltjlp, no matter what they say about you;)

Shhh, don't say that too loud, I'm supposed to be the heavy-handed bad guy here, remember? You seem OK too, in spite of our early misunderstanding. It's nice to have someone peek behind the rules and see that I'm just an aging, overweight, bald, toothless old coot who loves pinball, Blues, Zydeco, and Soul.

John

rose
11-12-2006, 08:27 AM
i just read this thread for the first time. mart....you are a comedy genius! please don't ever leave us. this place heals with humour.

i think you are very witty yourself john. i would just like to say...i don't think people are really trying for high post counts because they write them often. i can tell you are a pin ball whizz :D too used to being around competitive people and always looking out for it. i was always terrible at pin ball i admit. it takes a lot of skill and i am awe of people who can master it.

to mart again...some of the silliest people i know are also the wisest.

dreamer
11-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks Rose,

you are lovely too.

rose
11-12-2006, 10:36 AM
aww:hug2: i adore you dreamer :D where can i find one of these spiritual peace tricycles? i am interested in making a purchase.

dreamer
11-12-2006, 11:26 AM
I stopped making them, they were so good at creating peace everyone wanted one which started causing fights - sorry.....

rose
12-12-2006, 05:22 PM
lol....pure genius :hug3:

dreamer
12-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Genius nah....maybe madness a bit, but the good type without paranoiia. I do do love cookies, but they are illegal the government deems them to be class A narcotics so i keep them hush,hush, only for close friends and aquantainces. (not really ummm, i stopped them a while back too!!)

tiltjlp
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Thats a shame John, then again maybe it isn't, I suppose it all depends on your point of view. From my perspective it seems that all is entertainment in this great experience, it even amuses me that you express such a serious opinion. All my life I was told to be more serious so maybe you have a point, but on the other hand all my life the people who gave me this advice never seemed to be too happy with their own life where as I was happy to be myself - a dribbling fool, who is serious about enjoying this experience.

I am sorry you didn't come here to be entertained, I am glad that you feel what I have written is etertaining (even if you rail against it so) and I suppose my advice would be the same advice you probably give to people who don't like your books - if you don't like it you don't have to read it. In the meantime I will continue to write dribble and maybe in time you will learn to enjoy it.

I found this from almost six months months ago, and thought it might be enjoyable to reply to it again. I'm surely not against being entertained, but seriously, what's wrong with being serious now and again? And yes, it's all about a person's point of view, and being nearly twice your age, I don't feel a need to be entertained constantly, especially on a forum I expect to find a fair share of serious folks. And just because you don't apprecaite my sardonic wit doesn't mean it shouldn't have its place here.

Now, this question might be the most entertaining one I've ever read. How could I know if I'd enjoy a post unless I read it? In the six months since you posted that, I've seen that you do have a rare serious moment, and that I do find enjoyable and entertaining.

John

dreamer
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks John . . .