PDA

View Full Version : Some like it HOT - Yoga

LibbyScorp
30-06-2013, 08:01 AM
110 degrees. 40% humidity. Best sweat of your life.

... That is... Once you get past the point of feeling like you're going to die :)

There are usually 2 types of classes available. Bikram which is a series of poses held for longer periods of time and power vinyasa, faster paced movement upon breath, opening and closing each series of poses with sun salutations.

My advice: hydrate tons with water a week before you go. The more hydrated you are, the better the sweat with no sickness. Practice some yoga at home via videos/on demand so you have an idea at least of what to expect. It helps to have a large insulated frozen water bottle to drink during and rest on your forhead if you need a break. Scout out good new student deals. Many studios do 10 sessions for $10 or 20 for $20. Fresh fruit and/or smoothies afterward take on a whole new meaning of delicious!

What seems impossible is totally possible. The first few are butt kickers! But you get to this point of absolute power, grace and strength. Such a beautiful experience. Sweat out the toxins, stretch further than ever before from the warmth of your muscles, witness stress melting away giving a pep in your step and all the bad in your life less intense.

Now I just need to follow my own advice. It's been a while. Quit thinking about it and do it!

Share with me your thoughts or experiences with hot yoga! Do you like it? Are you intimidated? Let's talk :)