PDA

View Full Version : Living in a 'haunted' house

justme50
24-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Last year we moved out of our farmhouse, circa 1610, having been in residence for 15 years. During that time we experienced the most weird and wacky activity on a daily basis from almost the time we moved in until it all stopped abruptly in January 2008. If you can think of it in connection with a 'haunting' we probably experienced it. Footsteps on the landing and stairs, when no one was up there. Stains in the form of religious words, crosses and images on the walls, which came and went, replaced by different ones. Apparitions. The movement around the house of very heavy objects. Images on photos which weren't apparent when the photo was taken and much, much more. The house didn't have a reputation for haunting until we moved in, make of that what you will. The media took an interest in us, and beat a path to our door, which made life rather interesting over the years we lived there.

At first we thought we were the victims of a hoax, but that didn't really hold water. However, we never found the activity frightening probably because we believed in a natural explanation, even if science still has to come up with it.

primrose
27-06-2013, 06:54 AM
1610, wow I know we have no places that old here, anyway, it sounds like your farmhouse was haunted, though probably by harmless ghosts, why the activity suddenly stopped is interesting.

justme50
27-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't believe in the 'supernatural', I am of the opinion that when we die we cease to be, end of, I certainly hope so.

I do think the human psyche has powers which we don't yet fully appreciate, and can create all sorts of illusions and physical manifestations.

Rena
29-06-2013, 04:35 PM
. Stains in the form of religious words, crosses and images on the walls, which came and went, replaced by different ones. .

gosh, this part sounds like it was an evil presence. =(

how long have you been gone from this house?

justme50
29-06-2013, 06:14 PM
gosh, this part sounds like it was an evil presence. =(

how long have you been gone from this house?

The house had a lovely atmosphere, it didn't scare us. We only moved last year into a smaller property, after being in the previous one for 15 years as it was too big for us. The new owners haven't been troubled by any activity.

primrose
02-07-2013, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=justme50]I don't believe in the 'supernatural', I am of the opinion that when we die we cease to be, end of, I certainly hope so.

Im surprised you feel that way being on this forum.

For those of us who have had proof of an afterlife it's hard to understand,
Do you realize that most "ghosts" are those who don't realize that they are dead?

justme50
02-07-2013, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=justme50]I don't believe in the 'supernatural', I am of the opinion that when we die we cease to be, end of, I certainly hope so.

Im surprised you feel that way being on this forum.

For those of us who have had proof of an afterlife it's hard to understand,
Do you realize that most "ghosts" are those who don't realize that they are dead?

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I don't believe there is any proof that an afterlife exists.

starling
10-08-2013, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=primrose]

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I don't believe there is any proof that an afterlife exists.

With respect I think you need to get up to speed.

I asked my sister this a few years ago. She's a top scientist at a leading Universty (strong terms but they just happen to be true).

She obvioiusly didn't like being asked but she said that .... the sheer number of reports of experiences suggest something. That essentially is my pov. You just can't ignore the numbers.

It would be a very nice and easy conclusion to state that when we die, that's it.....kaput......no more . How, then do you explain past life regression, toddlers being able to recount war time experiences and details of spitfires etc etc.

Before moving to Bradford on Avon my folks rented a cottage at a village called Gastard. They don't talk much about it now but Dad (a total scientific sceptic) goes VERY quiet on the subject.

As the poster above said, I'm surprised to see you posting here.

Stevo
10-08-2013, 08:41 AM
If you don't yet believe in the afterlife read the first hand accounts of thousands of worldwide Near Death Experiences at nderf.org, if you want to investigate the afterlife further before concluding that it doesn't exist.

astralsuzy
10-08-2013, 10:05 AM
My husband still would not believe in anything even if he read about near death experiences. He would say they were hallucinating.
As for justme I do not understand why she/he would want to be on this forum as she/he does not believe in it.

primrose
10-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Justme50, you hav'nt answered as to why you want to be on this forum if you are not a believer?

Remnantique
15-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Guys I don't think he has to believe in an afterlife. I do personally but I've seen a few people here who believe in spiritual powers and astral worlds but not an afterlife. He's entitled to his own opinion. If you think about it there could just be a phenomenon which occurs upon transcending into death which causes hallucinations which could explain all the nde's, not good to hear but it's possible lol

Fairyana
15-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I think we should respect those that come here and don't believe in afterlife. I mean, we're all free to express ourselves in these open forums.

It's very interesting all that happened in the haunted house, and I do think that perhaps some things can be explained in materialistic terms. However, it makes scientific sense that consciousness comes before matter and that can explain so many things that materialist science fails to explain. I do believe your house was haunted as well.