PDA

View Full Version : happiness

wingsofanangel
14-06-2013, 09:30 PM
i feel my happiest and inner calm when i,m by the sea or sitting in a grassy field with trees. I have a place where i like to go some how the air feels different there to me fresher somehow i always feel good when ive been there and im reluctant to leave. I also feel at peace when i look out at the sea and i feel i could stand there forever :smile: i need to find more time to do these things i treasure them so much

amy green
14-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Nice post!

I associate inner calm with serenity more than happiness but I resonate with what you say about being in a natural setting to experience this. Being beside the sea and grassy meadows sounds idyllic to me also :smile:

Alas I am mostly housebound, being a full time carer but I can still achieve that serene calmness sitting in the garden on a pleasant day. Just being there .... absorbing my surroundings .... fully present in the now.

wingsofanangel
15-06-2013, 10:06 AM
thanks :] yes i have started to enjoy my garden more now i have a few projects i would like to do in the garden

muileag
15-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm also an "ocean person" :)
I'm also a "sitting up against a gnarly tree gazing at mossy stone walls across windswept fields" kind of person ;)

For me, and I would venture to say most people, immersing oneself in nature is a way to connect with positive, peaceful, restorative energy which infuses you with joy and serenity.

Thank you for the positive post -- have a beautiful day :)

wingsofanangel
19-06-2013, 11:33 AM
thank you :]

Tobi
20-06-2013, 12:12 AM
That's what gardens are for, amy. Especially on gentle summer mornings...so peaceful.

I go into my back field, to look for the deer, or walk in the orchard, both a kind of extension of my garden. Best times....about 6am or about 9.30pm right now. Or in winter when it's a frosty morning!
Those are the places I will miss when I leave this world. No matter how beautiful the astral spirit world is....I shall always miss the orchard and the field here!

muileag
20-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Those are the places I will miss when I leave this world. No matter how beautiful the astral spirit world is....I shall always miss the orchard and the field here!
I'm so grateful for all my senses that make it possible for us to experience this Earth :smile:

tealily
20-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Ocean therapy, yay! Add me to the "wave-watchers" list :) I spent an hour there today. Bliss!

wingsofanangel
24-06-2013, 04:58 PM
yes nature is beautiful and everyone should feel and enjoy it

Emmalevine
27-06-2013, 10:22 PM
I love sitting in my garden watching the leaves of my horse chestnut tree sway in the breeze. The simple things are so beautiful.

Cosmical
27-06-2013, 10:30 PM
its scientifically proven that the ocean calms the brain down! so no wonder :-)