PDA

View Full Version : What is psychic protection?

Mystik
10-06-2013, 04:21 AM
While looking at some spiritual books on amazon(particularly those that mention the topic of positive energy and how to avoid those with negative energy)I cam across a book or two that talk about psychic protection. I'm guessing it doesn't have much to do with psychics. So what exactly is it?

Sye34
10-06-2013, 07:36 AM
psychic protection is protecting yourself against 'subtle' energies that may be detrimental the the peace and harmony of your own energies. That is emotional/mental/psychic energues either from people, places or potentially even you! I have read a few books on the subject and I'm reading one by William Bloom called psychic protection which is positive, informative and reassuring.

Mystik
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks. That's pretty much exactly what I thought it was.

My question now is does anyone know of any workbooks rather than just regular books where you read it and that's it. I'm looking for something that is interactive that can help me achieve my goals regarding this. Thanks.

Ivy
11-06-2013, 10:08 PM
What are your goals regarding mystic?

Mystik
12-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question. What are my goals? I'd say I want to protect myself from energy vampires. I want to figure out how to respond to negative people without being baited into an argument or getting sucked into their reality. I have a book called "the Power of I am" which is pretty good so far but it's not a work book.

Jenny Crow
23-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I don't know of any recent books that would give you actual exercises etc. but there's an older book by Dion Fortune called Psychic Self-Defense that in chapter 17 gives you 'methods of defence'.

Jenny Crow

Neville
23-06-2013, 10:20 PM
A somewhat arcane manuscript (by today's standards) was published by the late Dion Fortune , an associate of Gerald Gardner(more of whom in other threads).

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/religion.occult.new_age/Dion%20Fortune%20-%20Psychic%20Self%20Defense.pdf

This will hopefully bring to bear some of the reasoning why protection is necessary and some of the consequences of neglecting protections.

Jenny Crow
24-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Yes, that's the book I was speaking of Neville

Jenny Crow

desert rat
21-08-2013, 02:08 AM
I have a Llewynn book tittled psychic self def. ( or close to that ) If asked I will find it and post a isbn # I also see methods on you tube , but I have not watched them so I dont know if they are any good .

primrose
24-08-2013, 06:13 AM
In the meantime, just imagine yourself wrapped in a bubble, or having a White light surrounding your body. This has worked for me. I can't add anything regarding books.

Native spirit
26-08-2013, 09:08 PM
:smile: Psychic protection is visulising a sphere of pure white light around yourself nothing can penetrate this sphere,if people are sending negative thoughts your way.you can do two things the first is you visulise a mirror in your hands sending the energy back to the person sending it to you,the second is to do as the first but always send good energy to the person never evil thoughts , i have done this myself and it does work.

Namaste