PDA

View Full Version : A good book on spirituality

MalibuDan90
10-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. My name is Daniel I am new to the forum and I am new to this spiritual word. I have spent countless hours trying to grasp everything I can from the internet and have found myself for the first time realizing how much everything is beginning to make sense and why I feel things the way I do. My dilemma now is where do I go from here? I decided youtube wasnt the best option and I should opt for a book.

Anyways I am looking for a book that covers spirituality. I think understanding terminology, basic ideals, and principles will help me decide what I want to focus on further and continue expanding. Taking on everything at once has started to become confusing and overwhelming for me and after a few days I can already sense that I am pushing my spirituality away because im going overboard on information.

If you have something in mind that can help me really explore the spiritual world in sort of a overview. Or maybe just a book that has helped you understand the spiritual world please share it with me.

Also if anyone is willing to talk or answer some basic questions from time to time and kind of walk me through this path I would love to discuss all sorts of things from crystals to spirit guides and meditation and more.

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts,
Daniel

Cosmical
22-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Everyones idea about 'spirituality' is different. What do you mean by the spiritual world? There are so many perspectives and things to talk about.

It would be far easier to find the area you're interested in most first and then stem from there. One book I would recommend however is A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, he speaks about the ego and gives so much great advice on breaking free from it & awakening.

There is also 'Be Here Now' by Ram Dass which is an amazing book.. and does cover many areas of spirituality in a really unique way.

Crystals are a lil' special interest of mine so if you feel like talking to someone just send me a PM! :-) Much love