PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Uncle IV.

Bob23
08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Well it was a beautiful sunny day today so I decided to have a walk round to my uncle's house. As I was walking down the garden path leading to his front door my uncle was on his way out to greet me...or so I thought.

"Have you come to wish me farewell then?", he asked. His question took me by surprise for a moment untill I realised he had a back~pack on, shorts and walking boots to match, and many maps rolled up under his arm!

"Erm...where you going to Uncle?", I asked.

"I'm off on a big adventure...just to see what all the fuss is about", he beemed back at me.

"Where to then?", my curiousity persisted.

"I'm off to find home!", he said with a wave of his hand as he strode past me.

"Eh...but Uncle, you're home already though!", I giggled at him.

He stopped, turned around, and smiled at me saying, "Yeah but that's just too simple for an adventurer like me...and besides", he tip toed back to me and whispered, "I can pretend to forget that and hope a mansion has been built in it's place when I get back!"

I watched him walk up the street and disappear round the corner.

A few seconds later he rang my mobile phone and said, "God I'm miserable, this seeking **** is really making me suffer...tell your Aunt I'll be back in time for 'Coronation Street' tonight OK!"

I laughed out loud and noticed my Aunt standing in the door~way of their home, "That'll be the third time this week", she said through her smile, "he just loves to pretend though!"

Home all along,

Bob23. :icon_lol:

Bob23
09-06-2006, 11:57 AM
My Aunt said that the last time my Uncle went off on one of his jaunts it was to meet a Guru in the next street. The Guru would teach my Uncle how to find home if he sat at the Guru's feet every week for the rest of his life. My Aunt put a stop to all the nonsense when she found out there was a weekly subscription for all this apparent 'knowledge' the Guru would impart...she went round to the enlightened one's house and after eventually clambering her way through the crowds of devotees she came to a throne where the Guru sat. But instead of there being a Guru sat on the throne, all she found was a huge and very well polished mirror all the devotees where looking longingly into.

One of the long serving devotees approached my Aunt and said, "Do you have a question for his holiness?"

And my Aunt answered, "Not one that hasn't already been simply answered!"

She thought about asking the devotee, "Who was asking who?", and then she noticed my Uncle standing at the back door of the ashram pointing at his watch.

"Oh yeah", she re~membered, "it's time for 'Coronation Street!"

Bob23. :wink:

packwidget
11-06-2006, 03:25 AM
Interesting story - did this really happen? Are you a writer? That's what I do. I write visionary fiction.

Bob23
11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Hello Packwidget,

Did anything really happen as we tell the story to ourselves! :D

I'm not a writer, as such, more a tapper of keys.

I'd love to see an example of your own fiction if you'd like to post some.

Nice communicating with you.

All the best,

Bob23. :smile:

petal
20-06-2006, 06:55 PM
This has made me laugh, what a good imagination you have Bob, thought provoking too...something must have happened to me....!
am I right in thinking that those who peered into the mirror were looking for the answers within? that deep inside us all lurks a guru? or have I gone too deep and the answer is simpiler?

Petal

Bob23
20-06-2006, 09:11 PM
This has made me laugh, what a good imagination you have Bob, thought provoking too...something must have happened to me....!
am I right in thinking that those who peered into the mirror were looking for the answers within? that deep inside us all lurks a guru? or have I gone too deep and the answer is simpiler?

Petal

Hello Petal,

Yes, it made me laugh to!

And if it's beneficial for you to think a certain way regarding the story then carry on thinking in that beneficial way!

You ol' Guru you!

:home: