PDA

View Full Version : I Believe in Ghosts

Child of God
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
If you are a Christian (and even if you aren't)then everyone knows that Ghosts are real. They can try to doubt or hide it but in reality they are. Example: God is the Holy "Ghost." The Bible SPECIFICALLY states that. In reality, he Bible just stated that Ghost's are real. If you look up the definition, Ghost's are entities that haven't made it to Heaven or Hell. So, therefore, all forms of Ghost's are real, whether it be a Demon, an Angel or any other form of a Spiritual Being.

Tobi
05-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes there are Ghosts.
Some of them are temporary Ghosts. For reasons of free-will, some choose after their passing, to remain close to loved ones for a time. It is their prerogative. Usually when they have finished what they need to do, or the 'pull' to move deeper into spirit becomes so strong, they move away, quite happily, and continue on their way naturally. These ghosts can be full of love, or occasionally, can not really know quite what to do next, or are temporarily unwilling to go anywhere. Sometimes tremendous loyalty to someone still living physically can make a Ghost do this.
Some Ghosts get stuck, but many times natural desire for the more fulfilling Spiritual state, or spiritual helpers will aid them on the best course for their evolution.
(I don't mean "energy-residuals" -which can often be mistake for ghosts -when I'm talking about these, I mean living Souls on the astral)
As for "Heaven" or "Hell"...these are not distinct 'black-and-white' states, in my opinion. There are constant and fluctuating states of Being and Becoming in every living Soul, with traces of both, and there are grades of bliss (on the one hand) and Shadowlands (on the other) from the slightest, to the most extreme.
Even where you "end up" after passing -isn't rigidly defined. As Souls go to the state of Being where they sort of average out spiritually. The place they most resonate with in their vibrationary pattern. As these things can be changeable, and can also fluctuate, after they have progressed spiritually, they may change location!

onetruebeliever
06-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes, they are real. I have several in my home who have crossed over and come here at will. My gatekeeper spirit and her brother were the first ones I communicated with. They are actually relatives and like it here with us. My Dad and his teacher/helper have visited as well. He is working on his healing/progression.

It stands to reason that if the men who wrote the bible saw, felt and interacted with spirits, they would put that in there. Since a ghost or spirit or whatever you want to call them are not often seen and communicate telepathically, it makes sense that the holy ghost would be presented that way.

Intuitive
21-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh, yes. Ghosts are definitely real. These spirits... these Earth-bound creatures.. They are absolutely real.

However, I don't believe that the Bible saying "Holy Ghost" alone proves their existence. Translation between "ghost" and "spirit" can easily be confused.

Bhagavad Pita
21-06-2013, 04:55 PM
If you are a Christian (and even if you aren't)then everyone knows that Ghosts are real. They can try to doubt or hide it but in reality they are. Example: God is the Holy "Ghost." The Bible SPECIFICALLY states that. In reality, he Bible just stated that Ghost's are real. If you look up the definition, Ghost's are entities that haven't made it to Heaven or Hell. So, therefore, all forms of Ghost's are real, whether it be a Demon, an Angel or any other form of a Spiritual Being.
The Bible has no credibility for me. There is no reliable evidence for ghosts.

Animus27
21-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Correction: a TRANSLATION of the Bible states that. The Greek word is pneuma which can mean breath or spirit (not the same thing as a ghost). In Latin it is spiritus, which again can either mean breath or spirit.

In archaic modern English, the language the King James Bible uses, the word ghost doesn't have the same connotations of a visage of a dead person, but can refer to a disembodied being.

In the Bible, there's no references to any kind of souls not making it to Heaven or Hell. That is a popular, but unbiblical belief. In the Old Testament there's sections that state there is no afterlife of any notable variety. Such as Ecclesiastes and Psalm 6:5

In the New Testament a person is immediately judged and either enters into Paradise (Luke 23:43) or a place of torment, where they await the final judgment when they'll either be resurrected in the Age to Come, or they're destroyed in the fires of Gehenna. The dead wandering the earth is a nearly universal belief, but it's not in the Bible, and using the Bible to argue it, is fallacious.

Demons and angels are a different thing, though, lol.