PDA

View Full Version : How exactly does an oraqle work?

violetlines
31-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Ever since I was 12 I've had this oraqle book called "A Magical Fortune-teller for Teenage Witches". It just has a bunch of questions you can ask it, then with the question in mind you turn to this page that has 9 oraqle symbols on it. You pick the one you're most drawn to, or have your hand hover above them and see which one it goes to. Once you have the symbol and question matched, you can turn the page which will have your answer on it. OK SO THAT PROBABLY didn't make much sense so I apologise. There's also an adult version of the book called 'Titania's Oraqle' which I'm thinking of getting but I'm not sure. Basically I don't know how it works and would like your advice on it please.

I just want to know how this oracle works. How can you be so sure about it? What is making us pick the symbols? Is it our subconcious, is it our guides, our higher self or what? Should you take what the oracle says with a pinch of salt or seriously? I'm new to this whole thing and I don't know anything about it so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

missrachel300
01-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Is it our subconcious, is it our guides, our higher self or what?

I would say all of the above. Lol. Its like an act of 'co-creation' with the universe.

I think becoming more 'in tune' with your intuition will result in clearer and more sure results. It should also allow you to be able to discern whether a reading is substantive or not.

In my own experience, it has taken practice and observation, but I get a certain 'emotional resonance' and 'inner calm' when I am seeing important symbolism through oracles(or any kind of divination).

Its very subjective, so I think each individual will develop a bit differently with oracles.

I hope some of that helps!

violetlines
04-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanking you :)