PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so different?

TheSenin
22-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Lately I've been feeling disconnected from the rest of the world. It happened around the time I turned 18. I don't know what happened but one day I realized I'm not like a lot of society. I care a lot for other living things? I can almost feel emotions of other people. Kind of like when other people are happy I'm happy and when they're sad or angry it's the same thing. It even happens with tv shows like when someone is crying I feel there emotion. It's gotten to the point where I can't watch gore because it hurts me even though it's fake. Am I just a really sensitive person? I've read about empaths but my cases are not as extreme as those I've heard. Any help on my situation would be greatly appreciated. Also I've been thinking of seeing a psychic for guidance any thoughts? Thank you.

TheSenin
22-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I've also read a lot about indigo children and I have an uncanny relation to the idea of a humanistic indigo child.

Angelstar
22-05-2013, 07:03 PM
there are many people starting to realise there is more to life than the physical,you are becoming aware of your spiritual side,the deeper part of yourself.You do sound very empathic,and some times it feels as if you have the weight of the world on your shoulders.Many people will sense the change but reject it out of fear and super Superstition.l feel that is why many people like your self are drawn to sites like this one as they can talk to like minded people,without the fear of being ridiculed,as many will understand your feelings as they to will have gone through the stage you are at.

immortal coil
22-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Research the term "Starseed". It's something I highly resonate with, and I'm much like you when it comes to being "different".

Draenevyre
23-05-2013, 01:09 AM
I've been feeling similar things... I personally resonate with what's called a "crystal child", but my low self esteem and self doubt pops up and thinks: "am I wishing to be special, so I try to put myself into these bubbles of definition?"

I may be a crystal child/adult (20 is on the brink of both), and I may be just human like everyone else, but whatever I can do, I can do independently of a title.

immortal coil
24-05-2013, 06:09 PM
I've been feeling similar things... I personally resonate with what's called a "crystal child", but my low self esteem and self doubt pops up and thinks: "am I wishing to be special, so I try to put myself into these bubbles of definition?"

I may be a crystal child/adult (20 is on the brink of both), and I may be just human like everyone else, but whatever I can do, I can do independently of a title.

You are special, and so is everyone else. The thing to remember, is that every soul ends up in the same place eventually. We all make the transition from students to teachers and vice versa. The only delineation, the Indigo/Lightworker/Starseed's time to shine is now. They have reached a certain point of mastery, to which they enter into service to mankind/Mother Earth.

And you're definitely right about defying labels and just being yourself. It doesn't matter what you are, you can still do great work on this planet.

mary01
28-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi TheSenin

Grounding or working on your chakra's may help e.g. healing and making sure they are not too open will help protect you from the energy you are picking up around you. People can unintentionally and intentionally drain you energy. Also look into reiki.

l would take on board what the other people in this thread have shared. I hope this has all been of support to you.

And meditate, this with practice can give you a break from all these feelings. It can also give you clarity strength and empowerment.

Though you have youth (oh, to be 18 again! sigh :smile:) It is not an easy age.

Take care.

Vie Belle
07-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I am older, but I have had the experience for my entire life of being "too open" somehow. I'm not into the labels too much. The term "earth angel" has come up numerous times, but whatever. I went to a Reiki healer last summer who suggested I use a Pink Yarrow tincture (can get on Amazon) that I have found very helpful in ridding myself of others' energy. He uses this after a session. Even my son, who is not much into the metaphysical has found it helpful. He tends to take on other people's energy very quickly. He was very surprised about how helpful the yarrow was. I also have some chakra healing tapes that are helpful as I am not good at "visualizing" myself.

I also understand the feeling of disconnection as I have been in the midst of an intense awakening experience for over a year. It is not easy to be on a different path than others, but it's okay to be different ;-)

Best wishes.

Ginger_Girl
10-06-2013, 06:18 AM

Even Star Children - Indigos, Crystals, etc. - are "just human like everyone else". They are simply humans who have evolved spiritually to a higher understanding; or at least this is my belief.

I believe that it takes many lifetimes to reach this level of spiritual insight and sensitivity. Whether you are or are not a Crystal Child, you would do better to assume that you ARE than to assume that you ARE NOT. This goes for everyone else as well. Self doubt can only hinder you. At least assuming that you are here for a specific purpose will help to guide you for a time, if not for a lifetime.

Humans like to categorize things and labeling yourself Crystal or Indigo will fill that desire, but otherwise, the most important thing any of us can do is attempt to be and become the most enlightened and loving/kind person we can be.

fire
10-06-2013, 06:44 AM
TheSenin: it seems to me you may have experienced a rather swift event of a self-realisation, where a stronger point of connection was established between the mind and your heart.

The reason this would make you feel disconnected is either because you have realised one some level that you are of a different origin than most human beings, and / or your level of awareness is now on a different level than those around you, and you no longer match vibrationally.

At the same time, it is also a statement per se that the path of your heart is a path you can only walk alone. Because your journey to self-realisation and integration with love is a personal one that is unique to you.

psychoslice
10-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Your no different than anyone else, we are all different in our own way, that is what makes life so special, your no better than anyone else, in fact you are everyone else, we are all ONE. Don't let your ego make you think your special, that is separation of who you are.