PDA

View Full Version : oils for depression

Belle
21-05-2013, 03:57 PM
my moods are shot to pieces, partly because of circumstance, partly because I'm picking up on a lot of energetic changes within the atmosphere / spiritually and partly because of own personal shifts.

So, what can I use in my weeny meditation room to calm me down and soothe my troubled soul?

astroboy
21-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I usually prescribe Evening Primrose Oil to both genders as it calms down the nerves.

Belle
21-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Ah - I can't take that as I'm epileptic. But thanks. I was looking more for an aroma, something to linger in my home.

innerlight
21-05-2013, 07:55 PM
my intuition, or perhaps the voices in my head, are telling me lavender oil...

psychoslice
21-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I love lavender or rosemary oil.

fire
21-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Try something cooling, uplifting and fresh like mint, maybe ?

Basically, though, if you have any experience with a variety of scents, I would suggest you go with your favourite; one that always has felt particularly good to you. I think that that experience alone may have the best psychological impact.

Topaz
21-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Geranium x

Belle
22-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the thoughts, I've invested in an aromadiffuser and will try different scents to lighten the mood in my home and hopefully that will infiltrate into my consicous!

Ivy
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I like grapefruit and tangerine for when i'm low. When I was training, my teacher once compared them to containing all the sunshine of where they grow.

Grapefruit and lavender make a pleasant blend, however grapefruit is a strong high note...so I would do one drop of grapefruit to 3 drops lavender xx

thescentedlotus
09-06-2013, 04:29 AM
try neroli oil

Corina
19-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Geranium and Cinnamon works for me. Peppermint is nice too. You should go to a shop and smell all the oils before you choose one.

overtherainbow
01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I agree, one persons favourite smell repulses someone else, so it's best to make your own mind up!

Subatomic
19-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Ah....uplifting are tangy fruity scents, forest berries and strawberry for example. The tangier the better, though I'm not a fan of orange. maybe it reminds me to much of depressing Christmases? And Nag Champa is my ALL time fave. It mixes with almost anything. It makes me almost ecstatic!
When I'm nervous, any rose scent, natural or synthetic, will relax and ground me immediately. i can fall asleep to rose like a baby....vanilla will do the same.

Song and Emotion
29-01-2014, 12:47 AM
It depends on what you want really?
When I'm feeling low and stressed out I like to use lavender. I know it's a pretty commonly recommended scent, but that's because it works really well! I might also mix it with a natural rose if you have it, but that gets pretty flowery sometimes. Personally, frankincense calms me down, but I'm kinda weird.
If you're feeling drained and empty, I love love love lemon! It's so peppy and fresh. It can be kinda overpowering sometimes. You could also use pine or something else acidic and fresh.

Clover
29-01-2014, 12:51 AM
I recommend a Citrus smell. Especially,during or after a hot shower.The strong sharp scent will really pick you up. I used a lime and tangerine bath scrub that just smelled so good like I was in a tropical island.Something about that sharp citrus essence that wakes you up.

Belle
29-01-2014, 07:21 AM
I've got a citrusy shower gel -the trouble is it's in a line as I'm inclined to buy when I don't need!!

Luckily, it's not a must at the moment, or even a need. The more settled planets are making life easier.

Thank you tho - good food for thought for future.

livingkarma
29-01-2014, 07:42 AM
You might want to try Bach flower essences (liquid) ...
They're available at health food stores ...
Large variety for just about anything you can think of ...
Their best seller is Rescue Remedy for stress relief ...

Belle
29-01-2014, 07:09 PM
You might want to try Bach flower essences (liquid) ...
They're available at health food stores ...
Large variety for just about anything you can think of ...
Their best seller is Rescue Remedy for stress relief ...

That stuff is amazing ! In really bad times I've been known to have the pastilles, spray and the drops!

LillyMoon
29-01-2014, 07:14 PM
I would not partly recommend oils. But i would recommend lavander incense as when you let it burn you lie down and it starts to make you relaxed and really good about yourself.