PDA

View Full Version : My first lucid dream, back in October 2010

Jayme
13-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Came across a post about my first lucid dream on another forum, from back in 2010! Thought it would be fun to share it.

---

I was lying in bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, and stretched as per normal. Things were blurry, because I didn't have my glasses on. Stepping out of bed, I walked over to my door which seemed a lot farther than it usually is. I didn't know what time it was. I opened the door and glanced out, and it was extremely dark. "I can't see a thing", I thought. My light switch is right beside my door, so I turned to it and pushed it with my finger. Nothing happened.

"That's strange.." I said. "Maybe the bulb has blown, or...I'm dreaming!" To make sure, I did a nose plug reality check. Yep, there's my first Lucid Dream.

I kept pinching my nose and breathing. It was unbelievable. It felt different, my nose felt small. I first thought that I might not be pinching hard enough because I just woke up and was tired, so I almost slipped back into the dream state. I didn't let this happen though. I was very happy, but of course darkness would not do. How was I supposed to enjoy my Lucid Dream if I couldn't see?

I closed my eyes and stuck my arms out. Taking a deep breath, I screamed "Light!" as loud as I could. I opened my eyes, and surely enough the room was lit up like it usually would be! I was content and took a step out of my room, expecting the light to let me see my hallway like it usually would if it was dark and I had my light on with my door open. Sadly, as soon as I stepped out of my room the light went away. I shrugged it off and walked a bit down my hallway.

I stopped in front of the bathroom. I debated going into it and looking at myself in the mirror, but decided against it because I didn't want to wake myself up from shock or fear. However, I did look a bit into the bathroom, and at the walls. There was shapes and lines, and they were colorful. It was like they were popping out at me. I could feel my dream eyes open wide. I kept staring. I blinked and decided that I wanted to try teleportation. I thought maybe I would go see one of my dream character friends.

I tried to get to a friend, by doing the same thing I did before. I closed my eyes and put my hands out, trying to get to her room. I saw a flash of an area that looked like part of her room, but was still in my hallway. I tried a few more times.

But sadly, I forgot one thing you must always do in an LD. Anchor yourself. I didn't focus on keeping myself in the dream or improving the clarity. Instead I jumped right in expecting to get what I want, which was a big mistake. After a few times of trying to get to my friend, I lost lucidity and woke up.

----

I can't believe how long ago that was... I haven't had many LD's since then anyway :(

Gracey
13-05-2013, 05:23 PM
What else would you like to do in a lucid dream?

Jayme
13-05-2013, 05:31 PM
So many things! Back when I had that dream I was only 15 years old, and was just starting out. I really want to try flying, and meeting my dream guide. I also want to discover who or what I was in a past life and talk to my subconscious :)

Gracey
13-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Flying is super fun, I also like swimming in the ocean. I also like becoming tornadoes in an open field. I like to travel in outer space and experience all the different feelings of movement.

Have fun with it, you could always put a mental note into your subconscious or ask your guide to meet you. Just do this once or twice and let the emotion and thought go.