PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mr Whitmore

beansi
28-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi
Now I wonder where I got the idea that you're a Star Trek fan! :smile:
so you may be the one to ask about a character 'Q' from it. You see, someone described a friend i know as being like 'Q' from star trek, but i didn't get the chance to have it elaborated on & was very curious at this remark. Would you be able to describe a person like Q to me, please if possible...........owe you one!

Oh,have i got this right ....that you like to collect UFO or sci-fi theme ideas for stories? well perhaps I can return the favour later.....

Mr.Whitmore
28-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi
Now I wonder where I got the idea that you're a Star Trek fan! :smile:
so you may be the one to ask about a character 'Q' from it. You see, someone described a friend i know as being like 'Q' from star trek, but i didn't get the chance to have it elaborated on & was very curious at this remark. Would you be able to describe a person like Q to me, please if possible...........owe you one!

Oh,have i got this right ....that you like to collect UFO or sci-fi theme ideas for stories? well perhaps I can return the favour later.....

Hi beaner

I actually only care/watch old episodes and movies with Kirk and Spock....they weren't of my generation as a kid...but we got the reruns a lot as a kid. My playtime as a kid included the enterprise and kirk.....a lot!

He connects with me....can't explain why.

so here is a little on Q

Q is a fictional character who appears in the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, as well as in related products. In all of these programs, he is played by John de Lancie. The name "Q" also applies to all other individuals of the Q Continuum.

Q is said to be omnipotent, and is continually evasive regarding his motivations. His home, the Q Continuum, is accessible to the Q and their guests, and the true nature of it is said to be beyond the comprehension of "lesser beings" such as humans so it is only shown to humans in ways they can understand.

Beginning with the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Q became a recurring character, with pronounced comedic and dramatic chemistry between himself and Captain Jean-Luc Picard. He serves as a major antagonist in the beginning of The Next Generation; however, over the course of The Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager, Q evolves into an antihero during the early seasons of The Next Generation and later into a full-fledged hero by the beginning of Voyager. Gene Roddenberry chose the letter "Q" in honor of his friend, Janet Quarton.[1][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_%28Star_Trek%29

I am eagerly awaiting your story...........and hope that helps.

beansi
28-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated :smile: but less so on your use of my name! Not Beaner lol .......but Bean si ....its irish gaelic

About that story...i,m sure i said theme IDEAS!....LOL

Mr.Whitmore
28-04-2013, 10:52 PM
lol......sorry Beansi.....are you Irish?

You mean you posted the ideas on this forum.....speak woman!!

beansi
29-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Hi me again, :smile:
Its Irish bloodline on both sides!....Mr.Whitmore you've got me stumped! what do you mean 'have i posted the ideas on this forum' are you referring that my ideas are masculine, rather than feminine as you sussed i was a female or do you mean have i posted the story ideas on this forum?
I can see the irish streak working here, i bet your thinking.....lol

Mr.Whitmore
30-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Well, I assumed by your previous comment that you meant your thoughts on the subject were posted before on the forum somewhere....but...sometimes I post quick without thought....picking up on your "thoughts" maybe?

I knew you were Irish

so....how about an Irish tune.......to help your "stories" come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAowBz_jCY

beansi
30-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Do tell, what subtlety did i reveal for you to think i was irish? Your irish tune is fit for a jiggariroo! lol & your time-travel ride as Capt Kirk would say 'To go boldly where noone's gone before'!......lol He is probably your 'future self' & that's why you're drawn to him.

I cannot do stories on here, i get logged out so it def has to be theme/idea,the rest is up to you! :smile: but i do want a percentage if you do all the hard,gritty work & sell it!.....lol

I'll try to get idea on this(ufo) page, also left a message in energywork for you & could check out on nature page..('Parrot is a .......).

Mr.Whitmore
30-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Your text says your Irish...........

Will respond later to the rest.

Btw, when doing long posts.....copy paste your reply before pressing submit or you will lose it!

amy green
30-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Btw, when doing long posts.....copy paste your reply before pressing submit or you will lose it!
If you forget to do this and get "server is too busy", all may not be lost - press F5 button on keyboard (more than once or twice to be sure) and you may well find your post retrieved once service is restored.

Mr.Whitmore
30-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi Amy..you posted at 1:11

Congratulations!!!!