PDA

View Full Version : Can you relate?

steph_simpson89
27-04-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm brand new to this site and I'm loving it already, by coming on here I'm truly hoping to find who I really am, or maybe who I could be.
I'm not too proud to say that I do need some help and guidance though and that is what finally brought me here.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this so bear with me, like i said, i'm new lol.

For all of the 23 years (that I can remember) that i've been on this earth i've always had a fascination with spirituality and felt there was something more, something that I was missing and finally a few months ago I seriously started looking into many things, chakras, vibrations and frequencies, astral projection and lucid dreaming, consciousness and the pineal gland, meditation, the universe and synchronicities, and many of the things that go with them.

I felt drawn to this learning because I have always wondered about the capabilities we all might possess and wondering if feelings and thoughts I've always felt within myself could be more than coincidence..

Since I can remember I've always felt really in-tune with people, be it meeting a new person or 'vibing' off somebody I know I have always been very aware of their mood, mindset, motive, and a lot of the time I instinctively seem to know what they are really thinking or feeling regardless of what they tell me.
When I was younger I was able to will a few things to happen but brushed it off as coincidence, I very rarely have that happen to me now, I hope I didnt ruin that part of me.
I have always had very vivid dreams that I can generally remember when I wake up, dreaming amazes me.
I've always had a soft and open heart, I feel and react to bad or horrible things in this world differently to most I know, that may be that I was raised well but I feel other people emotional pain so strong it hurts sometimes.
I never bought into the whole 'çutting others down to feel better about myself' egotistical mindset that a lot of people my age seem to have had bred into them.
I get good and bad feelings about things or people sometimes that usually turn out to be pretty correct though I am guilty of suppressing those feelings sometimes for fear of being wrong or ridiculed.

I'm sorry to go on and on I've just never written any of this down.
All of this may be nothing, but it may be something and i'm hoping someone can advise me on my best step to harnessing these feelings to their proper potential or if they might mean that I could be capable of more than I am yet to understand.

I'd love to hear if you can relate to this or have any advice or similar stories or feelings that you may have had so I can continue fine-tuning my human experience :)

Love to you all.

running
28-04-2013, 12:08 AM
I can totaly relate. Don't doubt yourself. And it comes back so no worry's. I shut myself down as a child cause I thought it was bad. It comes back. And then some. I wish you the best on your journey!

running
28-04-2013, 12:09 AM
And no need to be sorry! Everyone deserves support!

There's a moderator named Native Spirit that mentioned spiritual churches to me. I believe meaning ones that can help you with these things. Not a typical church but ones that have meditation and such.

I'm a trucker so for me its out of the question. Perhaps there's one near you.

VesicaPhoenix11
28-04-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm brand new to this site and I'm loving it already, by coming on here I'm truly hoping to find who I really am, or maybe who I could be.
I'm not too proud to say that I do need some help and guidance though and that is what finally brought me here.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this so bear with me, like i said, i'm new lol

Hola! Welcome my Leo sun sister (I peeked at your profile). I have absolutely no guidance to give you, other than my perspective when it is asked for which may or may not have any bearing on your path, but I do welcome you as a fellow traveler who already has all the answers within and is looking for how to tap in to that. *smile* I'm sure others will have guidance and help for you around here if you poke around enough, many well meaning souls abound on these boards. Having a community to interact with is invaluable....

I'd say your in the right place, spiritual development sub board, and while this could perhaps be in the welcome, introduce yourself area - it fits here just as well.

For all of the 23 years (that I can remember) that i've been on this earth i've always had a fascination with spirituality and felt there was something more, something that I was missing and finally a few months ago I seriously started looking into many things, chakras, vibrations and frequencies, astral projection and lucid dreaming, consciousness and the pineal gland, meditation, the universe and synchronicities, and many of the things that go with them.

I felt drawn to this learning because I have always wondered about the capabilities we all might possess and wondering if feelings and thoughts I've always felt within myself could be more than coincidence

I can relate to this; I also have always had an inherent feeling that something was missing from the world that was explained to me as a child and I kept looking and looking until I began to catch glimpses of a world that did make intuitive sense to me. Then I set about exploring it - as you seem to be on the verge of as well. *smile* What a wonderful place to be at - the whole world is your oyster or whatever you choose to see it as...

Since I can remember I've always felt really in-tune with people, be it meeting a new person or 'vibing' off somebody I know I have always been very aware of their mood, mindset, motive, and a lot of the time I instinctively seem to know what they are really thinking or feeling regardless of what they tell me.
When I was younger I was able to will a few things to happen but brushed it off as coincidence, I very rarely have that happen to me now, I hope I didnt ruin that part of me.
I have always had very vivid dreams that I can generally remember when I wake up, dreaming amazes me.
I've always had a soft and open heart, I feel and react to bad or horrible things in this world differently to most I know, that may be that I was raised well but I feel other people emotional pain so strong it hurts sometimes.
I never bought into the whole 'çutting others down to feel better about myself' egotistical mindset that a lot of people my age seem to have had bred into them.
I get good and bad feelings about things or people sometimes that usually turn out to be pretty correct though I am guilty of suppressing those feelings sometimes for fear of being wrong or ridiculed.

It sounds like your a bit of an intuitive empathy - someone who "feels" others and the world in general and who intuits (knowing without knowing how you know, just a sense for things) their place in the world and how to act in it. I really like what you said about willing things as a child - I do not think you can ruin that in yourself but I do think as children we are subtly taught that it isn't possible so we shove it to the unconscious parts of our self. It can be revived though.

I'm sorry to go on and on I've just never written any of this down.
All of this may be nothing, but it may be something and i'm hoping someone can advise me on my best step to harnessing these feelings to their proper potential or if they might mean that I could be capable of more than I am yet to understand.

I'd love to hear if you can relate to this or have any advice or similar stories or feelings that you may have had so I can continue fine-tuning my human experience :)

Love to you all.

No worries, I admire your openness and your enthusiasm, please go on and on. *smile* That is one of the ways we learn about ourselves and the world, by interacting with others and sharing our own perspective and experience....

I do not give advice if I can at all help it (it slips out sometimes though), not my gig, but I will say my perception of human capability is it isn't a hocus-pocus sort of thing, we all have these inherent abilities but some of us are more naturally in tune with them than others for a variety of reasons. You, and everyone else, has the ability to fine tune their human experience (I do really like the way you said that *smile*) in order to grow and become what they are... its as natural as breathing.

Again, welcome and may you find what it is you seek. :hug3:

Greenslade
28-04-2013, 09:04 AM

No shame in being a Newbie, and welcome. Standing at the door of an unexplored world? I remember those times, they were good.

This is as good a first step as any, and it sounds like you're wise enough to use your own discernment. That's a pretty good start. I cut my teeth in forums such as these and met people who helped me understand. Sometimes there's nothing worse than having your head full of all kinds that you can't sift through. Say what's on your mind, throw it onto the table and stand back. It also sounds like you're an empath.

Fine tuning your human experience? I'd say just be aware most of all, and find your own truth. Other than that there's a whole list of different subjects people talk about in here and I'm sure most would point you in the right direction. It depends on where you want to go next, what are you'd like to explore.

RainbowAngel
28-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I just want to say hello and welcome. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying about yourself. If you ever fancy a chat feel free to message me about anything i like to talk :) i agree with greenslade ^ using your discerment and just follow what feels right to you :)

steph_simpson89
29-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Thank you all so much, your input has helped more than you know.
It's so refreshing to be able to speak and hear from people who get it and don't think I'm losing the plot lol.

The first thing I did after reading these comments was to look into the term 'Empath' as I had never come across the word in a spiritual sense before (empathy I know as the feeling, but not that people could have a sensitivity toward it) and its actually blown my mind.
I definitely think I have the traits of an empath and to read about it and to have all of these things I've experienced and never understood finally explained feels like such a relief.
It's even helped me realise that its something I got from my mother (who's always known but not known too) and that my 4 year old has it too, he's such a sweet and sensitive little boy and I'm so happy that he's going to be able to grow up being aware instead of confused like I was.

I have a whole new world to explore and now I know where to start.
Thank you all again, I've got a smile on my face :) :hug2:

RainbowAngel
29-04-2013, 06:20 AM
:) i never knew about empaths till i joined here. All my life i knew i was diffrent in this sense and have been made fun of and called over sensitive. But now i know and understand myself so much better. And to be able to accept it and know that im not alone is the best feeling ever!!! Just accepting it and understanding it has made a diffrence to my life. Im glad you have too! :)