PDA

View Full Version : Ways of Receiving Information from Higher Self

turtlelover111
25-04-2013, 04:04 AM
I have been watching many videos lately by Teal Scott (youtube channel TheSpiritualCatalyst) and have come across one of her ideas and am curious about it. She explained in a few different videos how people generally receive information from their higher selves through 4 main ways, and everyone has a dominant way in which they get this information: mentally (through images or words in the mind), physically (through bodily sensations), emotionally (the person will feel what they are being told), and the way of "just knowing". it is the last way in which i feel that i learn a lot of ideas and concepts; I feel as though, when I need that information, i already know all about it and why it is so but I don't remember having read it or been told it anywhere before. I just know. Sometimes it makes it difficult to explain my ideas to others because I am not the best with words and I do not have any references to show them when I want to get an idea across. Does anyone have any further information or personal experience with this kind of thing or any of the four ways of receiving information? I'd be glad to hear any contributions.

amy green
25-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Yes I too am familiar with the "just knowing" connection to higher self. It feels intuitive - readily available when the mind is open/receptive.

I used to have this image of the higher self being above me, i.e. outside me as a conduit. However, a recent insight I had was that it was accessing my sub conscious. I believe that we know it all when we come into the world but, somehow, it gets lost; hence why it feels like we have always known this info.

I use my higher self primarily when I help those with emotional problems. It is effortless and always provides the most helpful directions/solutions.

turtlelover111
25-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Ahh yes! I find that most of the time, I don't really pride myself on being a great advice giver but lately I have come to realize that I have some pretty fantastic advice when people ask me for it. Usually to do with emotional issues or relationships. It's like you said, effortless and usually great solutions or insight on the issue.

Have you ever had difficulty with things you are helping people with because they don't see the validity in what you say? Maybe I'm just around people who are stubborn about visible proof in front of them in order to believe something, but I have not been able to reach these types of people for this reason. Perhaps it is the way it's meant to be, but I am curious.

immortal coil
25-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I have experienced several ways:

1. Gnosis or just "knowing"
2. Clairaudience: Hearing voices upon falling asleep. Usually gibberish.
3. Lucid dream states: Hearing your own voice in your head. Hard to explain.
4. Song lyrics upon waking up in the morning. Only had this a couple times.

turtlelover111
25-04-2013, 05:14 PM
those are very interesting ways that i haven't all heard of! thanks for sharing.

I have had, in the past, times where there is a commentary in my head that goes on for at least 10 minutes about things happening in my house that I can't see, and I thought I could hear what was going on (faintly, through the walls of my house) but when I went to see what was going on nobody was there at all. This all seemed fairly ridiculous to me, and I figured it was my ego just being restless because the things it was saying seemed to be judgements. Does that sound accurate? I don't think it's the same type of voice you mentioned, even though it is my own voice.

Simon_Templar
25-04-2013, 05:24 PM
i guess its a level of being profound in the correct sense where we totally resonate and feel something, this happens me in time

Ivy
25-04-2013, 05:36 PM
I 'feel' intuitively, just know, have visions and hear.

Perhaps this realisation about inner knowing is an opportunity to walk away from youtube spirituality and begin exploring what is within you x

turtlelover111
25-04-2013, 05:37 PM
i guess its a level of being profound in the correct sense where we totally resonate and feel something, this happens me in time

could you elaborate on this please? i don't quite understand

turtlelover111
25-04-2013, 05:41 PM
I 'feel' intuitively, just know, have visions and hear.

Perhaps this realisation about inner knowing is an opportunity to walk away from youtube spirituality and begin exploring what is within you x

you know, that makes very good sense. now that you say that i think that i am scared of that inner exploring you talk about, it is more comfortable to believe that other people are right instead of myself. Which, now that I say it/type it, I can see that it is silly to believe that. I should always be trusting myself over others. Shouldn't I?

amy green
25-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Have you ever had difficulty with things you are helping people with because they don't see the validity in what you say? Maybe I'm just around people who are stubborn about visible proof in front of them in order to believe something, but I have not been able to reach these types of people for this reason. Perhaps it is the way it's meant to be, but I am curious.
Do you mean things like law of attraction? Well, most of my recent help is actually here, e.g. via private chat and PMs, so that hasn't been an issue. I can see that might be problematic though. Generally speaking, I work with their belief system and provide support, an opportunity to explore and vent (if necessary) and help them gain clarity with their direction. (I have developed intuition and can quickly tell those who relish the attention but have no real incentive/interest in changing. I tend to work with those who are motivated to overcome their predicaments).

Out_of_Here
25-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Does anyone have any further information or personal experience with this kind of thing or any of the four ways of receiving information? I'd be glad to hear any contributions.

There's only one right way as Jesus pointed out long ago. Believing in God. You should concentrate on God and the information will come from everywhere because God is the Universe.

amy green
25-04-2013, 06:20 PM
There's only one right way as Jesus pointed out long ago. Believing in God. You should concentrate on God and the information will come from everywhere because God is the Universe.
What do you know of the higher self? Are you so sure that it is not connected to God?

Out_of_Here
25-04-2013, 06:26 PM
What do you know of the higher self? Are you so sure that it is not connected to God?

What do you know about God, if you are so sure that it is connected to the higher self. Funny.

Ivy
25-04-2013, 06:33 PM
you know, that makes very good sense. now that you say that i think that i am scared of that inner exploring you talk about, it is more comfortable to believe that other people are right instead of myself. Which, now that I say it/type it, I can see that it is silly to believe that. I should always be trusting myself over others. Shouldn't I?

Intellectual knowing creates a sense of safety. If we dwell there it illiminates the unknown...because in our intellect, only that which we have learned about exists - we don't even need to experience it to know it.

Whereas the inner voices don't always make sense, they can be illogical and the intellect will want to fill in the apparent gaps to create something it can understand.

Its not so much about trusting yourself over others. Your intellectual self will be as misinformed as mine, or anybody elses. It is more about trusting your inner feeling/inner voice, rather than your intellect, to guide you. The trick is in discerning the difference.

Not so long back, I felt a nagging feeling to reply to a thread. It was the kind of thread I would normally walk on by without a second glance...but there was just something about this thread that created a feeling that rose within me. So I trusted the feeling and wrote what came to me. The first response to my reply was that I hadn't said anything new. But I trusted and continued the conversation, sharing what came. But the next response was again telling me that I'd said nothing new/nothing of any significance. So I figured (intellectually ofcourse) that maybe the feeling was a misinterpretation....maybe there was nothing to come from this thread...and I said as much. But with that the person opened up a much more personal and emotional story than the one they had shared originally. For them it had opened up an emotional block...but what they shared wasn't so far from my own experiences...so it gave me a different angle to reflect upon. So you see, my intuition saw into that unknown space and opened up what was there. No amount of intellectual understanding of psychic abilities or metaphysics could do that.

Simon_Templar
26-04-2013, 10:21 AM
could you elaborate on this please? i don't quite understand

I receive enlightened thinking at moments of unusual appreciation of time, and even at what might be considered only a deja vu there is something je ne sais quoi ... I live in an eternal ever present but there must be something more to it which i am discovering with the help of this board, like unusual synchonricity. Sometimes in my soul I know whats about to happen short or long term, or that i have lived this present before and for lack of any real guidance I always hope (tho not always successfully) for decent change.

I could write tonnes but I'm not sure what to say! HTH

turtlelover111
27-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Intellectual knowing creates a sense of safety. If we dwell there it illiminates the unknown...because in our intellect, only that which we have learned about exists - we don't even need to experience it to know it.

Whereas the inner voices don't always make sense, they can be illogical and the intellect will want to fill in the apparent gaps to create something it can understand.

Its not so much about trusting yourself over others. Your intellectual self will be as misinformed as mine, or anybody elses. It is more about trusting your inner feeling/inner voice, rather than your intellect, to guide you. The trick is in discerning the difference.

Not so long back, I felt a nagging feeling to reply to a thread. It was the kind of thread I would normally walk on by without a second glance...but there was just something about this thread that created a feeling that rose within me. So I trusted the feeling and wrote what came to me. The first response to my reply was that I hadn't said anything new. But I trusted and continued the conversation, sharing what came. But the next response was again telling me that I'd said nothing new/nothing of any significance. So I figured (intellectually ofcourse) that maybe the feeling was a misinterpretation....maybe there was nothing to come from this thread...and I said as much. But with that the person opened up a much more personal and emotional story than the one they had shared originally. For them it had opened up an emotional block...but what they shared wasn't so far from my own experiences...so it gave me a different angle to reflect upon. So you see, my intuition saw into that unknown space and opened up what was there. No amount of intellectual understanding of psychic abilities or metaphysics could do that.

Reading this just put the biggest smile on my face!! I love it! (: You explained yourself to me with the example of you doing that very thing, hehe just makes me giggle. Thank you so much! This is definitely a new perspective for me to see things from and I am very glad you decided to share your intuitive knowledge with me :hug2:

turtlelover111
27-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I receive enlightened thinking at moments of unusual appreciation of time, and even at what might be considered only a deja vu there is something je ne sais quoi ... I live in an eternal ever present but there must be something more to it which i am discovering with the help of this board, like unusual synchonricity. Sometimes in my soul I know whats about to happen short or long term, or that i have lived this present before and for lack of any real guidance I always hope (tho not always successfully) for decent change.

I could write tonnes but I'm not sure what to say! HTH

Thanks for sharing that, I totally get it! I have experienced similar things, I get totally giddy over the numerous synchronizations throughout my days. It's also a way I can tell how high my vibration is; more neat "coincidences," higher vibration!