PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing the Higher Self through AP

abikisses
22-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm very new to AP and am wanting to clarify some things if anyone has any ideas please...

It is good to have a location in mind as I understand it before attempting...

My intentions are to experience my higher self and go to my spiritual home, I would like to see if I have a residence. Other things too but these are forefront.

Not consciously remembering these things, I don't know how to locate or visualise these... is intent enough?

Blessings
Abikisses

:hug2:

Apakhana Akshobhya
22-10-2010, 10:54 PM

- Yes, I think so. I try to just get into the room surrounding me. I've found that, for myself, visualizing too much is like projecting into an idea of a place and becomes a lucid dream when I actually intend to remain as objective as possible - so it's a bit counter-productive to get carried away with visualizations for me. I hope other people are different though.

As per my experience with other things, I'd say intent is the most important factor, especially when dealing with the astral. If this is truly where our emotions come from then then more you "feel it" the stronger the practice can be made.

Good luck!

Xan
22-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm very new to AP and am wanting to clarify some things if anyone has any ideas please...

My intentions are to experience my higher self and go to my spiritual home, I would like to see if I have a residence. Other things too but these are forefront.

Not consciously remembering these things, I don't know how to locate or visualise these... is intent enough?

No, intent is not enough, abikisses.

The higher self and 'home' is a higher level of consciousness and vibrational frequency and we can only go into dimensions out of body that we are prepared for through spiritual work.

Meditation is the way to raise your awareness and frequency.

William Buhlman's book "Adventures Beyond the Body" is very informative as well as very inspiring about experiencing these higher spiritual levels.

Xan

abikisses
23-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Hello Xan

I have read William Buhlman's books and found them very inspiring and informative thank you. In fact since reading them I had two AP but could not gain control.

I was under the impression from Buhlman's books that anything was possible so long as thoughts were in the right order. That was why I thought of experiencing my higher self as that is what most interests me.

Are you saying Xan, that I should be trying other things before I attempt this? What would you recommend please?

Blessings
Abikisses

Xan
24-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Yes... I suggest two things... more meditation practice to deepen your awareness, and more ap practice to gain more control. Being in a hurry won't help really.

Xan

Apakhana Akshobhya
26-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Being in a hurry won't help really.

+1. Lol. That has been a critical thing for me.
If you rush something like astral travel you'll force it away.

Intent is still very important, I have to say. Yes there are other things too but if there's no will or fervency then things are going to be lackluster.

As far as the higher self goes I think that if any experience, astral or otherwise, lends itself to beholding one's Being in absence of the ego then it's entirely possible to commune with one's Higher Self.

I'm just saying that anyone expecting astral projection to be the only conduit is a bit of creating an obstacle.

Catherine
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello,

In order to experience the higher self/Silent Witness, you must increase your wakefulness. The neurotransmitter that regulates most wakefulness is Serotonin. 95% of Serotonin is in the intestines, so you will need to eat as little as possible to reserve that energy. Norepinephrine contributes to alertness.

Beyond 16 hours wake-time significantly stimulates serotonin release in the suprachiasmatic nuclei, which control the action potentials of the circadian rhythm.

Good Luck

abikisses
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Hello,

In order to experience the higher self/Silent Witness, you must increase your wakefulness. The neurotransmitter that regulates most wakefulness is Serotonin. 95% of Serotonin is in the intestines, so you will need to eat as little as possible to reserve that energy. Norepinephrine contributes to alertness.

Beyond 16 hours wake-time significantly stimulates serotonin release in the suprachiasmatic nuclei, which control the action potentials of the circadian rhythm.

Good Luck

Hello Catherine

Thank you for responding to my thread... is there any chance you could say more on this subject please? I'm intrigued by your thoughts!

Blessings
Abikisses

Catherine
02-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello,
You're welcome.

The light-transducing ability of the pineal gland has led some to call the pineal the "third eye". The pineal gland synthesizes and secretes melatonin Only in darkness. Serotonin is the precursor to Melatonin.

When Serotonin is upregulated in the brain, the primary benefit is increased conscious wakefulness. When the body falls to REM-sleep with accumulated serotonin concentration, the melatonin synthesis is therefore upregulated as well.

You may read from other sources, Melatonin supplements can enhance vivid dreaming. However, you must raise the baseline of endogenous Serotonin in order to experience the higher consciousness of dream capacity.

Any pointed questions are welcome.

In my experiences of prolonged sleep deprivation and use of flourescent lighting when sleeping, rapid descent to the REM dream state is possible in as little as 30 seconds including immense lucid control.

abikisses
02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Hello,
You're welcome.

The light-transducing ability of the pineal gland has led some to call the pineal the "third eye". The pineal gland synthesizes and secretes melatonin Only in darkness. Serotonin is the precursor to Melatonin.

When Serotonin is upregulated in the brain, the primary benefit is increased conscious wakefulness. When the body falls to REM-sleep with accumulated serotonin concentration, the melatonin synthesis is therefore upregulated as well.

You may read from other sources, Melatonin supplements can enhance vivid dreaming. However, you must raise the baseline of endogenous Serotonin in order to experience the higher consciousness of dream capacity.

Any pointed questions are welcome.

In my experiences of prolonged sleep deprivation and use of flourescent lighting when sleeping, rapid descent to the REM dream state is possible in as little as 30 seconds including immense lucid control.

That's very interesting, thank you. Some years ago, I had insomnia, I had not slept in some two weeks, I was weak and drained but still could not sleep. A friend of mine offered me one of her sleeping tablets which she had brought back from Hong Kong. The tub they were in stated it was Melatonin. I had very vivid and deep sleep that night. So what you are stating makes perfect sense :smile:

What is the experience of flourescent lighting?

Blessings
Abikisses