PDA

View Full Version : Honey

Podshell
16-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Which ones have you tried ?

Also a few questions I have regarding honey.

The change in taste and smell when it goes from clear to set, what is going on there?

I am not sure either if it is temperature that causes these different states and does it ever become its set form in the beehive, if so do the bees have a different use for it? Do all types of honey set? are some always in the set state?

Tabby94
18-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Manuka Honey, and MGO Honey. Both 25 umf rating. I recommend.

Belle
18-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Manuka Honey - I take a bit of it in boiling water and cinnamon. Really good stuff.

I forget the rating it is and I've no idea what the rating means but it is expensive!

Tabby94
18-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Manuka Honey - I take a bit of it in boiling water and cinnamon. Really good stuff.

I forget the rating it is and I've no idea what the rating means but it is expensive!

Yeah it is. But apparently Manuka, MGO, Pure Raw Honey are the only real honey's available. The supermarket Honey is just glorified syrup.

Arcturus
20-07-2013, 09:27 AM
should be organic as well if poss, no sugar feeding etc. honey is still good food for bacteria so shouldn't be overdone and according to auyerveda, should not be heated, if it's being used therapeutically. they say honey is antibacterial but that's it's concentration in the jar--in the body that concentration of sugars is markedly reduced and so it's not actually anti-bacterial in use.

mantraspaadpt
10-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Hello Everyone,
Honey is very useful for eyes, skin, hair, overall health, acne treatment, and weight loss/diet. Honey contains waxes, sugars, and traces of minerals.Apply pure honey to your face and permit it to line till dry.Almond and honey moisturizes the skin and improves radiance and smoothness.

sesheta
10-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Here's a link with some interesting info:

http://honeyo.com/honeyhealing.shtml

Tobi
11-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Honey is very healing, and has been my almost staple food during a horrible virus I have just had.
However....while munching my way through organic honey and garlic cloves....I realised it is hard for the bees when we take their food. They need it for their survival. Even when sensitively harvested, we are still taking what they need.

I am therefore sorry. I had forgotten honey was not vegan.

Lynn
11-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Hello

The honey that a Dr recommended to me to help with me asthma was local organic unpasteurized. That way ye are getting the antibodies from the bee's and the pollens that are natural to your area.

Make sure to go to the honey farm that way ye can see first hand how they are with their bee's and setup. If they want to hide their operations then they might not be that ethical.

Lynn