PDA

View Full Version : Longish story about Borley Church

Yvonne
13-04-2013, 03:03 PM
when my children were small (about 30 years ago) one of the things we used to do to get out when money was short was to visit old churches. We live not far from Borley rectory/church so obviously it got it's turn. We parked at the front of the church and walked up the (as it was then) shingle path and into the church, after a few minutes we all (my husband and myself, my sister and her husband and the children) heard someone walking up the pathway and into the porch and the door handle rattled but nobody came in, my brother in law hurried to the door thinking someone couldn't manage to turn the heavy ring/handle and opened the door...and there was no-one there, he went out of the porch in order to inform the visitor that the door was open but there was not a single person in sight??? We all felt more than a little uneasy about the whole thing, in fact, I was so afraid I bought a copy of the Nun's prayer that was for sale in the church lol,( I laugh now) The story doesn't finish here....When we returned to the car the doors were still locked but behind the front passenger seat was a pyramid of large pebbles about 8 or 9 inches high!!! Impossible as I said the doors were locked.. Still there is more, many years later I joined a new paranormal investigation group and we all discussed why we were interested in the group and one man told of a visit to Borley church as a teenager who had just got his first car and took his mates to Borley for 'a laugh' They wandered around the churchyard but before they went inside a local called out to them and told them the churchyard was not a place to hang around and that the villagers had had enough of groups of 'kids' messing about in and around the church and rectory, so, tails between legs they returned to the locked car and right behind the front passenger seat was a pyramid of large pebbles about 8 or 9 inches high!!! I had forgotten our experience until
I heard Mark's and I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and you should have seen his face when I told him I had experienced the same. Anyone else had this or something like it happen at Borley?

TieWolf
05-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Wow! Sounds like an intense experience. Maybe spiritual symbolism with that pyramid of pebbles? I'm not familiar on symbolism, but spirits do things for a reason, whether its to convey a message or just have a good laugh (for themselves!).

I've had my fair share of spirits, and as blunt as this will sound, I'm kind of tired of them since I now regularly smudge my home when they keep reentering.

Would be cool to know more about the history of the building of that church to get an idea of the time period it was built and maybe a poor placement for a church in that it was disruptive to other spirits in that area?

Like a tootsie pop, the world may never know. :)

Yvonne
15-05-2013, 07:06 PM
You will have heard of Borley Rectory and its world famous stories but what isn't famous worldwide is that the church is far more active and always has been, visitors are no longer welcomed as the villagers got no peace from ghosthunters.