PDA

View Full Version : A revalation to me!! Sensitive people.

RainbowAngel
08-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Hello. I would like to share something i have come to realise! In the hope it might help others. I have struggled all my life with negativity. I have been told numerous times by others that i am over sensitive which i used to feel was a bad thing. When i see people hurting others it has affected me very deeply in the past. I could not understand why these things happen or why people feel the need to hurt others. I struggle and still do today with the negative news on t.v. I very rarely watch it now because it normally brings me to tears. I have been hurt badly in my life and have now come to realise that it is due to lack of love and understanding and fear that people behave the way they do. And hurt others as they are just reflecting the pain, hurt and insecurities that they feel in themselves. It still does upset me very deeply hearing about war etc but that is not a bad thing!!! :) i am not ashamed. So now i have come to realise that being 'over sensative' is not actually a bad thing. Infact i feel very greatful that i am blessed with being sensitive i have feelings and can relate to others a lot better now. I am greatful that i could not ever purposly hurt anybody as i would only be hurting myself. And to me now that is a gift i am proud of. To some of you this could be old news but to me this is the start of a new life and i feel so much more accepting of myself now. So if people call me 'over sensative' now i thank them :) love and light xxxx

missrachel300
08-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Sensitivity can be a wonderful gift. :)

It can often be undervalued and under-appreciated.

Selenphina
08-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Yes, it is a gift. I am this way as well. Although it is not always easy having such strong feelings, I consider myself to be very blessed that I do and that I have such empathy for others. It is sad to me when people seem like uncaring zombies. But I wonder if they only block out their feelings because it is easier to deal with life that way.

RainbowAngel
08-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Im not sure Selenphina maybe it is because they have been through so much hurt that they block it out? Or maybe they just hide their emotions believing it is a sign of weakness?? But people that kill or emotional torture others i have no idea i cannot comprehend it at all. Im just so thankful that im not like that. I agree Missracheal300 it is a blessing :)