PDA

View Full Version : Clearing blocks

Kydilee
03-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi there,

I was hoping someone here could talk about or point me to another area on the forum one the topic of (how to) clearing of emotional blocks.

I know about EFT, but I"m not sure I've had much success there. I was wondering if there are other techniques others have tried.

Particularly, I'm trying to clear whatever i"m blocking myself with from loosing weight, and from finding a decent paying job/career/being entitled (allowed to have) a good life.

Doing a forum search didn't show much, I may not be using it correctly. Thanks!

Gem
03-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi there,

I was hoping someone here could talk about or point me to another area on the forum one the topic of (how to) clearing of emotional blocks.

I know about EFT, but I"m not sure I've had much success there. I was wondering if there are other techniques others have tried.

Particularly, I'm trying to clear whatever i"m blocking myself with from loosing weight, and from finding a decent paying job/career/being entitled (allowed to have) a good life.

Doing a forum search didn't show much, I may not be using it correctly. Thanks!

Ya want to lose weight and get a good job right? and think emotional blocks prevent that?

Kydilee
04-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Yes I think that's part of me holding myself back.. believing that I'm the "ugly one" in my family and so making myself fat/not able to loose weight/look good, and also the belief that I'm not worthy/smart enough to have a decent job/career.

I feel I have some blocks around these issues that I'd like to get rid of. I'm looking for others that may have had similar issues and success in clearing these things permanently.

amy green
04-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Yes I think that's part of me holding myself back.. believing that I'm the "ugly one" in my family and so making myself fat/not able to loose weight/look good, and also the belief that I'm not worthy/smart enough to have a decent job/career.

I feel I have some blocks around these issues that I'd like to get rid of. I'm looking for others that may have had similar issues and success in clearing these things permanently.
Hi Kydilee - sounds a lot like self-sabotage to me. Awareness of this will help stop it further in its tracks.

You creating this thread is an indication that you're now ready to combat this and move on. Low self esteem can be fairly deeply ingrained.

You could start by empowering yourself maybe, i.e. try affirmations (there is a section on this). Reclaim your virtues too, i.e. acknowledge and celebrate all that you know is great about yourself.

Positive thinking will go a long way to helping you also. Be mindful of the nagging, negative tape playing in your head about yourself and address that. Good luck! :smile:

Gem
04-04-2013, 03:58 AM

yeah right, 'ugly one' doesn't exactly ring out high self esteem and it does imply not worthiness... so that's an excellent insight you made there.

I don't know how to clear this permanantly, it might be best if you decide on that. Do you have any ideas about what you might need to do?

dreamt
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM

It can be kind of a chicken and egg thing when approaching a problem like this - trying to figure out the original cause etc, in order to work towards a solution long-term.

In making a start, maybe consider if it would be best for you to start with 'the inside' or 'the outside' - and then take first steps in one area or the other.

For some people, focusing first on improving their appearance by such things as healthy eating, exercise, new clothes etc can help or be a first step to deal with self-esteem and increase confidence to achieve in other areas of life.

For other people, it could make more sense to start with internal beliefs and go from there. Or else starting with getting very active in what they want to do in the area of career, study, talents (etc). Then achievement in this area makes them feel good, leading to making better lifestyle choices as they then feel deserving of health, good outward appearance etc.

These are just examples but there are other places to start too, depending on your own interests, what you love to do, find joy and meaning in etc.

In my own case I haven't had a weight issue, but I can relate to what you say about feeling at times blocked in getting from A to B. I am addressing this this year in my own way, so I can't recommend anything as such, except to just remember your own value and that you belong on this planet, and that you will be supported in whatever choices you make for yourself.

Also, to echo what has been said, it would be good to come up with a new description of yourself in how you imagine yourself in relation to your family, grouping etc.

There's a lot of useful info here on this site. I'd encourage you to take a look round and see what you're drawn to explore.

I wish you well on your journey:smile:

perfect earth
17-04-2013, 03:08 AM
I think listening to yourself is the way to go. All things change, virtues included. We change much faster when we breathe. Just try sitting in acceptance, not for the sake of change or anything else, but to allow all aspects of yourself to breathe.