PDA

View Full Version : What happened to "My Posts"

Miko
21-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Before the site crashed, there was a "My Posts" link, did that go somewhere? Is there anywhere I can view what topics I post on, because I keep forgetting where I posted :P

This "User CP" looks confusing too, it used to say profile, right?

Kaere
21-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Yes, these things were add-ons that disappeared after the crash. Our technical person does know about them and is working on finding out how to re-add them. You can search your posts from your profile ("See all posts by...").

UserCP used to say Accounts & Settings I believe.

Miko
21-10-2010, 02:24 AM
thanks for the info Kaere, at least I know how to get to it now :)

Drella
25-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Couldn't you just add something in your programming that allows users to find their posts?
How hard is it, sorry to sound rude I don't mean to come off that way, but I'm a new user and I'm finding it very difficult to stay on this site and enjoy finding my way around. It's quite difficult as the newb to track your posts for replies etc...
Again, I didn't mean to come off as rude.

Rumar
25-10-2010, 12:19 AM
They have to go to either vbulletin.com or vbulletin.org and have to install the modification or hack (whichever one) through the actual system itself, it isn't like just downloading something and voila it's on the board. They have to go INTO their systems (MySQL sound familiar to you?). It all depends on what it is.

Edit: You know what it takes to install just a skin for the board? You need to re-install everything you added into the system for the new skin as well. All that work could take hours to make sure it's all in there.

Silver
25-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Couldn't you just add something in your programming that allows users to find their posts?
How hard is it, sorry to sound rude I don't mean to come off that way, but I'm a new user and I'm finding it very difficult to stay on this site and enjoy finding my way around. It's quite difficult as the newb to track your posts for replies etc...
Again, I didn't mean to come off as rude.

As mentioned by Kaere, you can go to your profile and click on 'see all posts by'.
I've done it, it's practically the same thing. This was a MAJOR crash and has had to be piece-mealed back together, and it's a slow process to put things back the way they were. I'm no teckie, but I know it's not a simple matter to slap every little detail back the way it was. Please, do be patient.
Thank you.
Silvergirl

Drella
25-10-2010, 05:37 AM
I did apologize for coming off strongly, but I guess people ignore details.

Drella
25-10-2010, 05:39 AM
They have to go to either vbulletin.com or vbulletin.org and have to install the modification or hack (whichever one) through the actual system itself, it isn't like just downloading something and voila it's on the board. They have to go INTO their systems (MySQL sound familiar to you?). It all depends on what it is.

Edit: You know what it takes to install just a skin for the board? You need to re-install everything you added into the system for the new skin as well. All that work could take hours to make sure it's all in there.
When did this crash take place and you may want to consider the amount of sarcasm you use, it comes off as quite offensive and this really isn't making it a good experience to be on here.....?

Kaere
25-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Hello Drella,

The crash happened about three weeks ago now. Our volunteer staffers and technical people are doing everything they can to get things up and going the way it used to be but we did lose over three years worth of improvements. Rumar was not being sarcastic - just trying to explain that what we're dealing with isn't as easy as we'd like it to be. It's been a stressful time for everyone who considers SF as a home away from home.

I think we all miss the My Posts option, but you can search your posts from your profile as well as by using the search function. A little awkward perhaps, but it works.

Drella
25-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Hello Drella,

The crash happened about three weeks ago now. Our volunteer staffers and technical people are doing everything they can to get things up and going the way it used to be but we did lose over three years worth of improvements. Rumar was not being sarcastic - just trying to explain that what we're dealing with isn't as easy as we'd like it to be. It's been a stressful time for everyone who considers SF as a home away from home.

I think we all miss the My Posts option, but you can search your posts from your profile as well as by using the search function. A little awkward perhaps, but it works.
I've managed just recently to find my way around, but I won't lie, it was a challenge. Thanks for replying.

Rumar
25-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Which version of VBulletin are you fellahs using anyway, might I ask?

Kaere
25-10-2010, 08:42 PM
No idea Rumar - that information is all with the technical people. Not really necessary for the rest of us to know :)

rus11
26-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Another way to know you are up to date on threads you are part of is to.....

Top Left - click account settings

Left Side - click edit options

Look at.... Messaging & Notification / Default Thread Subscription Mode and change to Instant e-mail notification. And click Save at bottom.

At least this way you will get up to date e-mail responses in the threads you are a part of. If you havn't done this already of course!

mikron
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Greetings SF i hope that things get fixed I seem to have lost over approximately 2000 posts and i can see a few and there missing information and also closed

Please repair Namaste

mikron

Rumar
07-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, to know the version of VBulletin will be useful to know which modifications and hacks can be put into the forum.

Another way to know you are up to date on threads you are part of is to.....

Top Left - click account settings

Left Side - click edit options

Look at.... Messaging & Notification / Default Thread Subscription Mode and change to Instant e-mail notification. And click Save at bottom.

At least this way you will get up to date e-mail responses in the threads you are a part of. If you havn't done this already of course!
Yeah if you're that desperate, but the instant e-mail notification setting will get VERY annoying right away, especially if you rely on e-mails for work or are waiting on a specific e-mail from somebody, all the notifications from each single post in the thread you posted in? This also goes for the welcome threads as well and other threads where you don't exactly wish to be updated on.

rus11
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Just a suggestion, I have seperate e-mail addresses for work, personal and recreational. If too many e-mails annoyed me I'd say life is pretty good.

Kaere
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Greetings SF i hope that things get fixed I seem to have lost over approximately 2000 posts and i can see a few and there missing information and also closed

Please repair Namaste

mikron

Greetings mikron,

I lost over 8000 posts - they're not coming back unfortunately. Our backup was for May 2007. We're all started over.