PDA

View Full Version : Medication and Hallucination

merrie
01-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I hope this is posted in the correct category.

Is it possible for a person taking a anti-depression drug to have hallucinations at night of "spirit visitation"?

It is occuring almost nightly with a variety of visitations.

Better known as Jo
01-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Merrie,

I haven't had any experience with seeing spirits while taking anti-depressants but I have while taking sleep medication.

I have always felt spirits but have told them that I don't want to see them because it scares me. Only when I take the sleep meds to I occasionally see one, the most recent being my father.

Do they communicate with you?

merrie
01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi Jo,

I am not the one taking the meds. It is a family member. Although I did hear '"voices" when I took Tramadol. I never took it after that. Scared me.
I am not an advocate of meds unless absolutely necessary. The same with alcohol I do not drink. Seen too much of that in the family and the changes in their personality.

Surprisingly, the family member's personality is much more even and easier to deal with when on the anti-depressant. Hallucinations are considered a side-effect of the meds.

Teal
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
This person needs to share their concerns with a doctor. Did they hear and see things prior?

psychoslice
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Yes I agree with Tealtwist, I have been taking anti-depressents and anti-psychotic drugs for years and I don't see these things, where as before taking the drugs I did, so yea I think you need to let your doctor know.

WYN123
07-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I've had this recently but on no meds, if I could find the U tube vid of ajhan brham who also experienced visitations, it may help. I too have been told I should inform the doc are you kidding he will think I'm nuts as well. any way the experience all though intense has faded.

WYN123
07-07-2013, 05:11 PM
agh sorry mis read again read as meditation not medication.

passnthru2
20-10-2013, 05:26 PM
a lot of medications cause lucid dreaming.. waking hallucinations with antidepressants can be very hazardous.. get them to a doctor. problem is that 86% of antidepressants are prescribed by GP's who know nothing about dose's.. or mental illness which is a term created to sell a questionable product.

Pharma has created one of the worlds worst tragedies to male money

i'm now reading

'Healing Lost Souls:releasing unwanted spirits from your energy body.

fascinating

cheap on amazon