PDA

View Full Version : On numerology, names and luck

qwerty
31-03-2013, 06:37 AM
My mum went to see a numerologist who suggested that she change her name because according to the numerologist's interpretations, her name meant that she works hard but her efforts goes unappreciated, which I thought was true to some extent. So the numerologist suggested a name for my mum based on her calculations, and told her to write it 100 times (i think) so that she'll identify with the new name.
I'm not sure if the practice of changing names in order to better one's luck is familiar with you, but what do you think of it?

ravenstar
31-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I've never heard of this and would caution against it. The vibration, value and significance of one's name is of great importance in understanding and discovering who we are as well as who we will become. This is like an astrologer telling a person to change their birth date because they have so many challenges in it.

Change your thoughts, change your life are words used by such greats as Wayne Dyer and many others. Everyday has new potentials and opportunities to be had, it's up to the individual to grab and make the most of what we're offered. It is us who are to take advantage of our name so we can improve ourselves through its strong and weak points. Changing one's name in the midst of life could send a person into utter chaos, cause extreme anxiety and even health problems. I myself would not recommend it.

mparkes
31-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi qwerty

I have to admit this is a new one for me. I could see changing your name if you just wanted to (not sure all thats involved)... however... I agree with ravenstar on this one, I would not rush out and change or do anything based on what someone advises. I thought that was kinda weird.

My mum went to see a numerologist who suggested that she change her name because according to the numerologist's interpretations, her name meant that she works hard but her efforts goes unappreciated, which I thought was true to some extent. So the numerologist suggested a name for my mum based on her calculations, and told her to write it 100 times (i think) so that she'll identify with the new name.
I'm not sure if the practice of changing names in order to better one's luck is familiar with you, but what do you think of it?

qwerty
31-03-2013, 10:36 PM
I thought that was kinda weird.
Yeah, I understand that it'd be weird for anyone who hasn't heard of anything like this before. But if I'm not wrong – correct me if I am – it's not all that uncommon in Asian countries (I am from one, but hey, I can't be sure of everything :p). I've also a relative who changed her daughter's English name (some Asians choose to have English names for their children), and she's doing fine.

I've never heard of this and would caution against it. The vibration, value and significance of one's name is of great importance in understanding and discovering who we are as well as who we will become. This is like an astrologer telling a person to change their birth date because they have so many challenges in it.

Except you can't change your birth date because it's stuck with you forever. Also, speaking of vibration in names, do you think changing something simple like an online username would somehow alter the way the user impresses upon others?

Change your thoughts, change your life are words used by such greats as Wayne Dyer and many others. Everyday has new potentials and opportunities to be had, it's up to the individual to grab and make the most of what we're offered. It is us who are to take advantage of our name so we can improve ourselves through its strong and weak points. Changing one's name in the midst of life could send a person into utter chaos, cause extreme anxiety and even health problems. I myself would not recommend it.

Yeah, the numerologist also advised my mother to think positive thoughts in addition to the name change. She's actually undergoing cancer treatment now, and I think she's doing great.
Personally I think this name changing thing is a way to psychologically give oneself a new start, which is similar to how people give themselves new resolutions during new years. So I don't necessarily see it as something negative.

mparkes
01-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Qwerty
I agree! Certainly not a thing wrong with changing one's name.
Who knows, it could be going on a lot more than I realize anyway! AS you mentioned in the asian countries. I should probably not venture into numerology ethics or whatever haha. I do refer to number meanings a lot, however all of that is sorta personal preference anyway what they mean.
1's can be beginning, they can mean nothing. I mean it is totally up to the person. Blessings !

Yeah, I understand that it'd be weird for anyone who hasn't heard of anything like this before. But if I'm not wrong – correct me if I am – it's not all that uncommon in Asian countries (I am from one, but hey, I can't be sure of everything :p). I've also a relative who changed her daughter's English name (some Asians choose to have English names for their children), and she's doing fine.

Except you can't change your birth date because it's stuck with you forever. Also, speaking of vibration in names, do you think changing something simple like an online username would somehow alter the way the user impresses upon others?

Yeah, the numerologist also advised my mother to think positive thoughts in addition to the name change. She's actually undergoing cancer treatment now, and I think she's doing great.
Personally I think this name changing thing is a way to psychologically give oneself a new start, which is similar to how people give themselves new resolutions during new years. So I don't necessarily see it as something negative.

ravenstar
01-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi qwerty,

I am sending healing prayers for your mom, bless her, it sounds like she's a real fighter and to hear you say you're proud of her warms my heart and I'm sure it does everyone else. I hope she chooses a name that makes her feel good and sounds right and resonates with her. May it serve to inspire her and help her on her journey to wellness.

I'm sure that changing one's username does have some impact in the way one responds to forums and chat rooms. A shy person may pick a name that sounds more confident and outgoing and a more aggressive person a name that tones this down a bit.

It's so wonderful your supporting your mom through this, blessings to you both :hug:

qwerty
03-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Hi qwerty,

I am sending healing prayers for your mom, bless her, it sounds like she's a real fighter and to hear you say you're proud of her warms my heart and I'm sure it does everyone else. I hope she chooses a name that makes her feel good and sounds right and resonates with her. May it serve to inspire her and help her on her journey to wellness.

I'm sure that changing one's username does have some impact in the way one responds to forums and chat rooms. A shy person may pick a name that sounds more confident and outgoing and a more aggressive person a name that tones this down a bit.

It's so wonderful your supporting your mom through this, blessings to you both :hug:

Thank you so much, ravenstar~ Many blessings to you, too :hug2:

RisenPhoenix
03-04-2013, 07:18 AM
I just got a free name report from the kabalarians website and it told me my first and last name combination is, to sum it up, restrictive. Especially my last name. The site also offered suggestions for a more balanced name that will also balance with my date of birth. I gave it a bit of the side-eye but then couldn't truthfully deny that I've felt the restrictions described and sadly witnessed them in family members who share the name.

I have already been sick of my last name but reading that just really makes me look forward to marriage and when ill get to change it completely. When and if that time comes I'm going to get another report. I can't see myself changing my name before or without getting married.

missrachel300
04-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Hmm... I'm not sure about the name changing thing. Although, I do sometimes pay attention to numerology when creating user names and such. lol.

But, I tend to think that the vibration of each number can carry a more positive expression and a more negative expression.... depending on how a person utilizes the energy.

Also, its important to realize that there are different interpretations for numbers. If you go to another numerologist, you will likely get a different slant.

Best wishes to your mother. I hope she has a successful recovery.

Eltanin Sadachbia
20-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I have had interest in Numerology for a long time, and I don't see how changing a name would do any good.

You calculate your numbers from birth... Your birthday, your birth name...

Some vibrations can be calculated using nicknames, or the name you go by, but those are external and/or temporary for the most part, as far as I have studied.

I think changing a name would be more of a way to ignore, deny, or neglect issues that you really need to take charge of. Each number has positive and negative sides, and if you find the negative is in more control, then it is a sign that you should take a proactive stance in asserting the positive forces of that number vibration.

I mean, you can't just change your address and think that the bill collectors will forget who you are. You might have a reprieve for awhile, but when they find you (and they will) you have that much more interest to pay off... I think our numbers represent Karma that way.

Jenny Crow
21-07-2013, 04:23 AM
There's a book written by Linda Goodman entitled "Linda Goodman's Star Signs" and she uses the old Chaldean method of numerology. She goes into lots of detail about numerology and gives the meanings of the numbers and also suggests that when a name works out to a number that may carry with it certain difficulties then it would be a good idea to change the name.

If you need to choose a name for a business you're starting it would be wise to use a name that brings with it certain vibrations for success and luck.

Jenny Crow

elizabethjoseph
06-05-2014, 01:03 AM
This is the most interesting thread. I know it's old but I'm new. I got fed up with my life as it was and so decided to change the spelling of my name. I had a numerology report done back in 2011 and pulled it out last week or so. Everything that happened was written there. So I am wondering, when they do read your numerology report...don't they go by your full birth name anyways? I will never know if changing the spelling of my name helped 'fix things' or not but certainly saying goodbye that concretely with something close to physical as I could get, helped me think of letting go of the past and start something more positive and different. As a man thinkith and all that. I believe it to be true. Things are certainly better this half of my life but I don't know that I would attribute it to changing a names letters as much as it was to positive thought and law of attraction and such.

qwerty
03-08-2014, 06:14 AM
This is the most interesting thread. I know it's old but I'm new. I got fed up with my life as it was and so decided to change the spelling of my name. I had a numerology report done back in 2011 and pulled it out last week or so. Everything that happened was written there. So I am wondering, when they do read your numerology report...don't they go by your full birth name anyways? I will never know if changing the spelling of my name helped 'fix things' or not but certainly saying goodbye that concretely with something close to physical as I could get, helped me think of letting go of the past and start something more positive and different. As a man thinkith and all that. I believe it to be true. Things are certainly better this half of my life but I don't know that I would attribute it to changing a names letters as much as it was to positive thought and law of attraction and such.

Thanks for sharing! Yeah, I think the both are closely related (changing name letters and thinking positive). Even for people who don't really believe in numerology and things like that, I'm guessing it has that psychological effect of allowing the person to feel like they're given an opportunity to start anew or change their life for the better.