PDA

View Full Version : African and Native americans are connected to each other ?

girlsearching
24-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi i'm girlsearching this is one the thread sections were i have never posted before. so i was just carious about our heritage in general i say our hertiage because my father who is a muslim who studies upon african history is teaching me that native amercians and africans one in the same meaning we are descendents from africa. now i know that some people may not be agree to this and also i know that the majority of african americans claim to have cherokee in them. witch i mean if they do than they do but not evey afican american has cherokee blood in them. they only say that because they are unaware of any other tribes. For example i have found out that i have Black Foot native in me witch i thought was cool. So i was wondering could anyone help me on this ? do you think that we share the same culture .? there is alot about my history that is kept from me and the public eye, our history did not start with a slave ship. It's important to find out the truth .

Thunder Bow
24-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Any American of 3rd or 4th generation or more, probably has some native blood in them.

psychoslice
24-03-2013, 09:27 PM
We were all natives at one time, in fact we are all natives as earthlings.

girlsearching
24-03-2013, 11:27 PM
We were all natives at one time, in fact we are all natives as earthlings.

really thats interesting.

girlsearching
24-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Any American of 3rd or 4th generation or more, probably has some native blood in them.
so it depends on what generation you are born in.

Native spirit
25-03-2013, 04:06 PM
:smile: We are all one it doesnt matter where you come from .

Namaste

Thunder Bow
25-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I tend to agree with all the other posters here. Genetic heritage has nothing to do what culture system your part of. "Culture" is a learned thing.

Raven Poet
26-03-2013, 02:20 AM
I agree that culture is learned. But I also believe in blood memory - that memories and knowledge of my bloodline ancestors live in me, as does everyone else's. Why else would I dream in Ojibwe? I never learned that language; racism and discrimination cut many Indigenous peoples of North america off from their culture. Why else would one's Spirit name evoke many memories not of this lifetime? Many of my people say the same thing about their Spirit names.

I also agree that everyone is Indigenous - and there are various theories about original homelands. Our Elders tell me that the Ojibwe were placed here on Turtle Island by Creator - this is our homeland. This is one of the ancient oral teachings that have survived since time immemorial.

I have not heard any teachings about Africans and the Anishinaabe of Turtle Island sharing lineage - but there are many, many different nations of North American Indigenous peoples, so maybe another nation has this teaching. It might be hard to find out "for sure", for there are hundreds of nations and communities. But it would make for very interesting research!

LadyImpreza1111
12-04-2013, 06:40 PM
I really think that the main way they are really connected is that those are two different cultures who are still not being treated right in this day and age. However, their blood lineages are from two different places. The first Africans here were brought here as slaves and Native Americans were the first inhabitants of the United States long before white people ever set foot on U.S. soil. It is possible as time went on, more and more races mixed, but it never started out that way.

A particular example I can think of as far as a race that began with African and Indian roots are the cultures of Puerto Rico, Cuba, and possibly the Dominican Republic. I spoke to a guy from Cuba and he described the origin of Cuba as being similar to that of Puerto Rico and I believe he said the same about the Dominican republic.The people living there can trace their ancestry to Spain, Africa, and the Indians who lived on those islands long ago. Puerto Rican for example is a blend of African, Spanish, and Taino Indians and from what I have heard, Taino Indians......like Mayans or Aztecs have been said to have gone extinct. Some heritages exist today because of the intermingling of African, Indian, and other heritages, though.

girlsearching
18-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I really think that the main way they are really connected is that those are two different cultures who are still not being treated right in this day and age. However, their blood lineages are from two different places. The first Africans here were brought here as slaves and Native Americans were the first inhabitants of the United States long before white people ever set foot on U.S. soil. It is possible as time went on, more and more races mixed, but it never started out that way.

A particular example I can think of as far as a race that began with African and Indian roots are the cultures of Puerto Rico, Cuba, and possibly the Dominican Republic. I spoke to a guy from Cuba and he described the origin of Cuba as being similar to that of Puerto Rico and I believe he said the same about the Dominican republic.The people living there can trace their ancestry to Spain, Africa, and the Indians who lived on those islands long ago. Puerto Rican for example is a blend of African, Spanish, and Taino Indians and from what I have heard, Taino Indians......like Mayans or Aztecs have been said to have gone extinct. Some heritages exist today because of the intermingling of African, Indian, and other heritages, though.

LadyImpreza1111 thank you for the in depth explination. I would love to oneday go to egypt and also travel to the pacific islands samoa and tonga as well. I like learning about were we come from. Someday i want to study antropolgy. I also think that Puerto ricans and Dominicans also have our bloodline in them as well. alot of african american history is unknown to us or is not taught in schools. They make it seem that africa was always this weak undeveloped place, and they live in huts.

Niebla0007
18-04-2013, 11:26 PM
I would expect most people are familiar with the work of Spencer Wells when it comes tracing DNAs, races, and evolution.
His most popular work being the The Human Family Tree on National Geographic on TV and the NG magazines showing *how all of us can trace our ancient origin back to the cradle of humanity, East Africa.
It is amazing how it has been shown that regardless of the racial color, there's the underlying genes found in some individuals who's had no idea they had as it is far removed with the way they look like.
Then, there's the Legacy of Genghis Khan's gene.
*Furthermore, of an interest is the genes found common between Native Americans and a certain type of Asians - Southern Altaians to be precised.

WmBuzz71
18-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm Native Canadian and found it funny that my spirits within, is that of an African male(Adam), and a Celtic woman(Enya). I have found out this by the visions I had during meditation.

I also had another vision where I was in some kind of holy place. There was some white people dressed in white, in some sort of church. I then looked outside and seen the ground covered with water, and this Native riding a chariot wearing a white robe, come storming through the gates. behind him there where a bunch of Native people all wearing a white robe, with some sort of red ribbon ties around their neck, walking through the water holding candles. This seemed like it was in the desert of some sort.

This leads me to believe that the Native people are one of the ten lost tribes of Israel.

LadyImpreza1111
19-04-2013, 07:48 PM
LadyImpreza1111 thank you for the in depth explination. I would love to oneday go to egypt and also travel to the pacific islands samoa and tonga as well. I like learning about were we come from. Someday i want to study antropolgy. I also think that Puerto ricans and Dominicans also have our bloodline in them as well. alot of african american history is unknown to us or is not taught in schools. They make it seem that africa was always this weak undeveloped place, and they live in huts.

Some parts of Africa do still struggle and probably do live in huts.

girlsearching
25-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Some parts of Africa do still struggle and probably do live in huts.

thats also true.

Zepar
27-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm choctaw, comanche, and cherokee. Native americans were said to come from east asia/siberia so I would assume native americans are more tied to asians rather than african americans.

WmBuzz71
28-04-2013, 05:02 AM
I'm choctaw, comanche, and cherokee. Native americans were said to come from east asia/siberia so I would assume native americans are more tied to asians rather than african americans.

Look into the lost tribes of Israel, I believe they were of different colors and races. Jacob had 12 sons, from two wives, and two slaves. I believe the children of Israel, is that of the spiritual people who scattered to the 4 corners of the Earth, before Jesus and religion came into the picture. Blacks, Maori's, Australian aborigines, Celts, Greek Spartans, North American Indians, Asians, etc.

Out_of_Here
28-04-2013, 05:34 AM
It's important to find out the truth

The previous African I talked with said that recognized Alexander Magnus in me. The last African offered his girldfriend to play with. Natives, however, keep telling to get the hell out of their land. So, I guess, African and Native americans are connected no way.

WmBuzz71
28-04-2013, 10:37 AM
The previous African I talked with said that recognized Alexander Magnus in me. The last African offered his girldfriend to play with. Natives, however, keep telling to get the hell out of their land. So, I guess, African and Native americans are connected no way.

Doesn't mean that they didn't get along, that they weren't connected. Do you think the Asians, and Native Americans got along, when the Natives had to cross parts of Asia to migrate, to N. America? We are all cut from the same cloth of different patterns and colors, don't you think that God hopes one day we put aside our differences, and reunite that cloth?

Out_of_Here
28-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Doesn't mean that they didn't get along, that they weren't connected. Do you think the Asians, and Native Americans got along, when the Natives had to cross parts of Asia to migrate, to N. America? We are all cut from the same cloth of different patterns and colors, don't you think that God hopes one day we put aside our differences, and reunite that cloth?

I think that Native American went out of Atlantis, not any Asia. Europeans as well. Do you know there were encountered white Natives? And the Jew Ancestors theory is just plainly disgusting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W77t3vzS5qA

LightofOurAge
07-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Lots of interesting replies here. One thing I have read several times is that during the colonial days, some African slaves escaped their "masters" and were taken in by Native tribes in the southeastern states, and intermarried with them. The Seminoles of southern Georgia and Florida, especially.

Time
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
All modern humans are evolved from homo sapiens, from africa. Thats about as far as the "relation" goes genetically. We spread out towards india and SE asia first, then europe.

Sibearians/asians crossed the bearing straight in pulses, some by boat before the melt, some during, some after. Native americans, that means inuit, canadian/american, and central/south american natives are all genetically ASIAN

Jebbie
27-05-2013, 01:27 PM
In learning the history of Florida I learned that run away slaves mixed with the Seminole and Miccosokee/Creek. There is an old African American fort in North Florida called Fort Mose that was also inhabited by Seminoles. My paternal great grandmother is believed to have been a result of one of the these mixtures. She always denied being Native American, but her features tell a different story. On my maternal side there is talk of Native American blood too. This has never been traced so I really don't know. There were also some Native Americans who held Africans slaves. This is a little known fact that I just found out about last year. I only wish I could have gotten my great grandmother to open up about her origins before she died. While I agree we are all one, I am always curious about my family history.

Juanita
31-05-2013, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=Jebbie]In learning the history of Florida I learned that run away slaves mixed with the Seminole and Miccosokee/Creek. There is an old African American fort in North Florida called Fort Mose that was also inhabited by Seminoles. My paternal great grandmother is believed to have been a result of one of the these mixtures. She always denied being Native American, but her features tell a different story. On my maternal side there is talk of Native American blood too. This has never been traced so I really don't know. There were also some Native Americans who held Africans slaves. This is a little known fact that I just found out about last year. I only wish I could have gotten my great grandmother to open up about her origins before she died. While I agree we are all one, I am always curious about

Juanita
31-05-2013, 05:06 AM
OOPS sorry about that.....I just want to make a comment....Before the internet, if you wanted information, you looked in the encyclopedia....Now, information is at your fingertips in seconds--anything and everything that you might want to know--so don't guess--look it up..

Native Americans are descended from Asia--all parts of Asia, as they migrated North... All human beings have a percentage of DNA that is African...Native Americans and African Americans did intermingle, but many Native Americans from The 5 civilized tribes owned African American slaves......There were free African Americans, especially in the North, before the slave trade..... The End....:-)

elisi
02-06-2014, 04:55 PM
it might not be well known but the cherokee were a very advanced nation. some were very wealthy and had plantations. many had black slaves. there was a lot of interbreeding. that's one source for the mixed heritage.