PDA

View Full Version : The Divine source of LOVE

silent whisper
24-03-2013, 05:49 AM
As spiritual beings in a physcial body, we do get a choice as to how we view our divine essence.

The experience here in the physical reality, allows us to experience the divine essence our own way.

How we interpret it, perceive it to be in us is just how it is.

Allowing everyone their own view is an ever changing evolving space one with the divine essence in us.

How you see the world today, might just take a turn deeper into the divine light of seeing tomorrow.

Never say never.

Being open to receive does assist the process.

silent whisper
24-03-2013, 06:47 AM
The drive to quickly divide the world into us and them is so powerful in people at times, that one wonders if it arrives through the space of their own deep seated need.

Your own prejudice and bias in the space of differences, most surely come from that need to belong in some way, fit into the world as it is. Not wanting to see through rose coloured glasses, not wanting to acknowledge divine love of itself, alone in itself, would mean letting go of separation both within and outside of you.

The chains you hold on yourself in seeing the differences in any space of this reality, only chain you.

A way to lift your self-esteem is to be part of a distinctive group, like the winning team. Another is to play up the qualities of your own group and denigrate the attributes of others so that you feel your better in some way, or the group you side with is better.

Often this can be done in subtle manipulative ways, or openly depending on how you seek to direct it and maintain control.

Its sad really that with the seeing and awareness that all life is one, those who seek to bring groups and others masks off their face, just to make it ok in their own minds, really are only masking their own agenda.

If divine love enters your heart, you accept all of yourself as you are. Their is no separation of seeing in you, even if it is there, exists in the world. To honour all life, you honour all spectrums of life in you and outside of you.

The unknown scares many. Holding separation and ideas about the world in us and them mindsets only reveals your own ways of keeping those stagnant ideas alive.

To the open free mind, it just is.

There is no battle to fight, there is no separation.

There is divine love.

Making peace with your own seeing and view is really about making peace with your own family ties, making peace with you.

Love may not have been divinely shown to you in all your pain and suffering. But divine love is waiting for us all. Whichever way your spirit has chosen for it to be felt.

In my own connection to the divinity of love in me and all life, there is no shadow of doubt in me that you will experience this love at some point of your journey. It may be now, it may be at the end times of your life, but you will experience at some point along the way.

And as you look back at your own judgment and self doubt, you will smile and think to yourself. All those do gooders..they were on to something. :)

All those connecting to divine love, this is what they were trying to share.

And when that moment of connection comes to you...you too will be free...to feel it too.

On that note...my penship turns to a new cycle of love.....and ends here and now...

take care all you wonderful souls and enjoy the ride from here on in...enjoy your life fully....love all your life and what you do...love and be loved.

Open your heart, free your mind, and let yourself shine..:)

silent whisper
24-03-2013, 06:54 AM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/crazytromboneman/freedom.jpg

Ivy
24-03-2013, 08:08 AM
The drive to quickly divide the world into me and them was so powerful in me at times, that one wonders if it arrived through the space of my own deep seated need.

My own prejudice and bias in the space of differences, most surely come from that need to belong in some way, fit into the world as it is. Not wanting to see through rose coloured glasses, not wanting to acknowledge divine love of itself, alone in itself, means letting go of separation both within and outside of me.

The chains I hold on myself in seeing the differences in any space of this reality, only chain me.

A way to lift my self-esteem has been to be part of a distinctive group, like the winning team. Another has been to play up the qualities of my own group and denigrate the attributes of others so that I could feel better in some way, or that the group I side with is better.

Often this can be done in subtle manipulative ways, or openly depending on how I sought to direct it and maintain control.

Its sad really that with the seeing and awareness that all life is one, when we sought to bring groups and others masks off their face, just to make it ok in their own minds, we were really only masking our own agenda.

When I allowed divine love to enter my heart, I accepted all of myself as I am. Their is no separation of seeing in me, even if it is there, exists in the world. To honour all life, I honour all spectrums of life in me and outside of me.

The unknown scares me. Holding separation and ideas about the world in me and them mindsets only revealed my own ways of keeping those stagnant ideas alive.

There is divine love.

Making peace with my own seeing and view is really about making peace with my own family ties, making peace with me.

Love may not have been divinely shown to me in all my pain and suffering. But divine love is waiting for us all. Whichever way our spirit has chosen for it to be felt.

In my own connection to the divinity of love in me and all life, there is no shadow of doubt in me that I will experience this love through my journey. It may be now, it may be at the end times of my life, but I will experience at points along the way.

And as I look back at my own judgment and self doubt, I smile and think to myself. When I thought others were do gooders..we were on to something. :)

I am connecting to divine love, this is what I’m trying to share.

And when that moment of connection comes to me...I feel free...

On that note...my penship turns to a new cycle of love.....and ends here and now...

I will take care of my wonderful soul and enjoy the ride from here on in...enjoy my life fully....love all my life and what I do...love.

Open my heart, free my mind, and let myself shine..:)

I've changed it just a little because it was beautifully written...but I is the word of experience...you is a word of seperation.

i use 'you' when I'm reflecting upon myself...but when I can say 'I' is when I've truly accepted it all..past...present and future.

All the best xx

Gem
24-03-2013, 12:48 PM
The drive to quickly divide the world into me and them was so powerful in me at times, that one wonders if it arrived through the space of my own deep seated need.

My own prejudice and bias in the space of differences, most surely come from that need to belong in some way, fit into the world as it is. Not wanting to see through rose coloured glasses, not wanting to acknowledge divine love of itself, alone in itself, means letting go of separation both within and outside of me.

The chains I hold on myself in seeing the differences in any space of this reality, only chain me.

A way to lift my self-esteem has been to be part of a distinctive group, like the winning team. Another has been to play up the qualities of my own group and denigrate the attributes of others so that I could feel better in some way, or that the group I side with is better.

Often this can be done in subtle manipulative ways, or openly depending on how I sought to direct it and maintain control.

Its sad really that with the seeing and awareness that all life is one, when we sought to bring groups and others masks off their face, just to make it ok in their own minds, we were really only masking our own agenda.

When I allowed divine love to enter my heart, I accepted all of myself as I am. Their is no separation of seeing in me, even if it is there, exists in the world. To honour all life, I honour all spectrums of life in me and outside of me.

The unknown scares me. Holding separation and ideas about the world in me and them mindsets only revealed my own ways of keeping those stagnant ideas alive.

There is divine love.

Making peace with my own seeing and view is really about making peace with my own family ties, making peace with me.

Love may not have been divinely shown to me in all my pain and suffering. But divine love is waiting for us all. Whichever way our spirit has chosen for it to be felt.

In my own connection to the divinity of love in me and all life, there is no shadow of doubt in me that I will experience this love through my journey. It may be now, it may be at the end times of my life, but I will experience at points along the way.

And as I look back at my own judgment and self doubt, I smile and think to myself. When I thought others were do gooders..we were on to something. :)

I am connecting to divine love, this is what I’m trying to share.

And when that moment of connection comes to me...I feel free...

I will take care of my wonderful soul and enjoy the ride from here on in...enjoy my life fully....love all my life and what I do...love.

Open my heart, free my mind, and let myself shine..:)

I've changed it just a little because it was beautifully written...but I is the word of experience...you is a word of seperation.

i use 'you' when I'm reflecting upon myself...but when I can say 'I' is when I've truly accepted it all..past...present and future.

All the best xx

Freaky man :icon_eek: I didn't think that sounded like you.

BlueSky
24-03-2013, 12:57 PM
As spiritual beings in a physcial body, we do get a choice as to how we view our divine essence.

The experience here in the physical reality, allows us to experience the divine essence our own way.

How we interpret it, perceive it to be in us is just how it is.

Allowing everyone their own view is an ever changing evolving space one with the divine essence in us.

How you see the world today, might just take a turn deeper into the divine light of seeing tomorrow.

Never say never.

Being open to receive does assist the process.

Being open to 'divine essence' is not being open at all. In much the same way, it is like saying 'be open to be able to become invisible or fly'.

Being open, truly being open has no expectations. Being open 'to' something does.

Would you agree?

BlueSky
25-03-2013, 11:40 PM
SW,

My apologies.......I have no right challenging what is sacred to you.

I hope you return as a result of this apology. I'll be leaving now.

Peace and love.

amy green
25-03-2013, 11:56 PM
sw - this is so sad. I have only just noticed that you have deactivated your account....and such a beautiful thread. :hug3:

I know it's been a hard struggle to be accepted/acknowledged in your own space. There is such scepticism here and your energy is so gentle.
The higher you fly, the less people can see you. :angel13:

Spread your wings, enjoy your liberation - but I hope you will return when you feel it is right.

Sending you my love....:hug:

trixiewilbury
26-03-2013, 01:00 AM
SW, I really see where you are coming from. I think what we need to strive for is to embrace and respect the many routes that people take to find their Source of light and love. Whatever they call it, however they feel with. There's a lot who get stuck on the "right" and "wrong" of spirituality even when we all agree. It's healthy I think to discuss our experiences but too often I see us caught on spreading around "can't" "isn't" "won't" and "shouldn't" to those who are eager to share their experiences and moments of clarity.

It's good for gaining perspective but people can be so critical and confrontational even when they don't intend to be.

Because the truth is within us, you may be onto something, and it might just be time to move onward and upward.

Ivy
26-03-2013, 06:53 AM
moving on doesn't have to be sad. It can mean the next phase of a persons journey.

SF is an internet forum...it wouldn't be healthy for anyones spiritual journey to revolve around it alone. So why not be happy for SW for finding her freedom.

amy green
26-03-2013, 11:10 AM
moving on doesn't have to be sad. It can mean the next phase of a persons journey.

SF is an internet forum...it wouldn't be healthy for anyones spiritual journey to revolve around it alone. So why not be happy for SW for finding her freedom.
Of course moving on has a healthy connotation. Perhaps you have not considered what ensued here to make that decision necessary - this is what saddens me and also to have lost yet another spiritually advanced person.

I am glad that she is now free of that situation.

Lynn
26-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello

We all have our times when its best that we have a break that we leave behind the computer and open the door to new things coming in.

I have been here for a long time now seen SF though many changes and even crashes, and I have many that were once here that are in many ways still here as they are with me in conversations off SF. They found what was needed here and moved forwards.

I have seen so much growth from many over the year's here that I have got to know on a deeper and more personal level. Too I know that there is always a time when one does need to move to something new or one never fully grows. We learn or share what we can and we move forth its not a bad thing its a good thing. Doors are meant to swing both ways open and closed and then some slightly a jar.

Remember that SF is but one ripple in a huge pond of explorations. There is I feel no one that is more advanced than another just that how it is put forth might feel different. We are all one in that connection of Light.

Lynn

Ivy
26-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Of course moving on has a healthy connotation. Perhaps you have not considered what ensued here to make that decision necessary - this is what saddens me and also to have lost yet another spiritually advanced person.

I am glad that she is now free of that situation.

It's not something I would speculate on. We each travel our own journeys and each will face challenges along the way.

The readings between me and SW recently were about change...so that's why I'm not sad that she has chosen a change.

amy green
26-03-2013, 05:04 PM
It's not something I would speculate on. We each travel our own journeys and each will face challenges along the way.

The readings between me and SW recently were about change...so that's why I'm not sad that she has chosen a change.
I am not disagreeing with you, i.e. the timing was obviously right.

I just experienced initial sadness on learning she would no longer be posting here for the foreseeable future; this is a natural reaction. I am sure many will feel her loss here too. The divine source of love is a poignant thread to leave us with.

I wish her well and feel she is very resourceful.

Ivy
26-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Perhaps an interesting thread could be made to explore those feelings and why they are within you x

amy green
26-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Perhaps an interesting thread could be made to explore those feelings and why they are within you x
What feelings are you referring to? Initial sadness? As explained, I feel this is a natural, immediate reaction.

However, yes the lack of tolerance here for differing view points does also sadden me. I have no doubt that it does so for many others too. It's more about disillusionment with how I perceived spiritual people would be towards each other. I don't think a thread on this is likely to change anything - I just need to lower my view/expectations of how 'spiritual' people realistically behave. I have been gradually doing this now for the past few months. I practise mindfulness.

To clarify - I am not sad now for sw since I realise it was timely (as mentioned in my post above).

Ivy
26-03-2013, 05:21 PM
What feelings are you referring to? Initial sadness? As explained, I feel this is a natural, immediate reaction.

I am not sad now since I realise it was timely. Did you read my post above properly since I did say this?

Yes, but I also read your thread just a few hours earlier asking if I had considered what situation had ensued to make the decision necessary...you said it was this thought that had saddened you.

Although you may have reconsidered and looked at it anew, your thought has the potential to show you how thoughts and feelings connect and reflect where you are within yourself.

The way I live my life, that would be a key to looking deeper within myself and understanding the internal pathways I tread.

I realise that we tread different paths...but understanding that what we see on the outside has the potential to reflect the pebbles along our own path, is certainly something SW had some recognition of.

amy green
26-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Meadows - I see you replied before I had fleshed out my post above.
(Sorry - I often realise there is more to say after I have posted).

If you read my post above now, I think you will find that it answers your post.

Ivy
26-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Just speak how you see...speak how you find - that's what your own development is in and that's what shows you.

There's no such thing as a spiritual person...or every such thing as a spiritual person.

Where is this oneness in judgement and expectation of other people? It's not, oneness is about working on the one you can work on. All one, alone...and when you share your ownsome in the moment...in the honesty of what comes, it shows all your own weaknesses and all your own strengths...and it shows when you deal with them and when you change too.

None of us look pretty when we are tangled in the web of our crysallis...but if you watch for lonmg enough...you see change.

Don't judge...but look at what you see, share your perceptions honestly...and look at how you can change you too.

Emmalevine
26-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi Silent Whisper

I'm sorry you've left but hope and trust it was the right decision for you.

I for one resonate with all your words and think they were beautifully yet powerfully expressed. I feel the truth in them. I appreciate others may not.

Amy's right you have a gentle energy and I will miss that.

Take care of you and thank you for your inspiration!

amy green
26-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Just speak how you see...speak how you find - that's what your own development is in and that's what shows you.

There's no such thing as a spiritual person...or every such thing as a spiritual person.

Where is this oneness in judgement and expectation of other people? It's not, oneness is about working on the one you can work on. All one, alone...and when you share your ownsome in the moment...in the honesty of what comes, it shows all your own weaknesses and all your own strengths...and it shows when you deal with them and when you change too.

None of us look pretty when we are tangled in the web of our crysallis...but if you watch for lonmg enough...you see change.

Don't judge...but look at what you see, share your perceptions honestly...and look at how you can change you too.
I don't really welcome you inaccurately assessing myself. If you knew me then you would know that I am VERY honest. I am a realist and discern rather than judge. My expectation was about an unrealistic association I had with spiritually focused people and assuming members here would all be spiritually focused. I clearly see now that this is not the case at all. Hence my on-going adjustment. Many here are disappointed with the disrespectful interactions. It seems you either do not notice this or is it that you choose not to acknowledge it?

I don't know how well you knew sw - suffice to say she thanked me for supporting her over certain on-going situations here (this is what I have already generally mentioned). I am glad that she is now free of those situations. Wonderful! I will say no more on the matter.

Out of respect for sw - if you still wish to continue this matter, I suggest you PM me.
I am mindful that we have strayed wildly off topic.

Ivy
26-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I don't particularly enjoy the way you bite my head off for trying to avert someones leaving speech from becoming a show of pity.

But that's my say..you carry on. I'm not interested in Pm'ing anyone.

amy green
26-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry you read it that way...I felt love whilst I typed it. I had no objection to your posts per se but you have misjudged me.
I am happy for sw's freedom - you seem to miss that.

Oh well - your perception I guess. Sorry to have unintentionally rattled you.

Ivy
27-03-2013, 06:40 AM
The good old perception game :smile: . The problem with using it is that your perception of my perception is an interpretation of my perception...it's not what I actually think or feel. So the your perception thing goes round and round in circles, and I don't get involved. It's pointless.

I'm coming from a different place, with different experiences...and through those, I've developed a different view.

And I've spoken up on forums, and been attacked for doing so. So perhaps I'm able to understand the experience from the lessons the learning and development that came from that period in my life.

I'm not rattled that you have a different opinion, nor am I trying to read your mind, though I do read your emotions. I'm simply offering you a different perspective.

amy green
27-03-2013, 10:48 AM
The difference with perception here is that you are guessing my emotion (of my post that you originally addressed) i.e. 'pity'
whilst I have the benefit of KNOWING directly that what I was experiencing at the time was predominantly love for sw.

Anyway this is becoming tedious and trivial now - shall we leave it here? I ask that we respect and honour sw. The divine source of love is such a wonderfully inspiring topic for a thread.

Neville
27-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I do hope this nice thread stays nice.

Gem
27-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I do hope this nice thread stays nice.

I was just thinking... let love goe the way of contention as it is wont to do, because when we take what's everyday and blow it up like a big balloon, it either bursts suddenly or slowly deflates back it's relaxed state.

I know there is a strange tendancy to pretend that because we're 'spiritual' we're blessed with PHD's in psychology, and then go on to call our judgements intuition and our indifferences love, and I'm glad the shibang reveals itself in its own time, so allow it to decend into the frey so we can see what it is once the robes come off.

Neville
27-03-2013, 11:53 AM
so allow it to decend into the frey so we can see what it is once the robes come off.
I hold a different view.

In my experience when things are allowed descend into a fray , hostility and ill feeling ensue. So I'd rather hope that things did not become hostile.

Thus my sentiments remain wholly unaltered.

Gem
27-03-2013, 12:24 PM
I hold a different view.

In my experience when things are allowed descend into a fray , hostility and ill feeling ensue. So I'd rather hope that things did not become hostile.

Thus my sentiments remain wholly unaltered.

That's what we tend to see once the luvvy duvvy stuff wears a bit thin ay? Maybe 'The Divine Source' is just a bit too hard to live up to coz we're only human after all.

amy green
27-03-2013, 12:37 PM
That's what we tend to see once the luvvy duvvy stuff wears a bit thin ay? Maybe 'The Divine Source' is just a bit too hard to live up to coz we're only human after all.
Of course we're only human and it's possible to be spiritually focused and have disagreements. Spiritual development is a work in progress as I see it.

The divine source of love is something beautiful and powerful to tap into; I don't profess to be connected to it constantly.
Indeed, that sounds like a tall order - but one to aspire to I feel! :smile:

Ivy
27-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Lol, excuse me...but I've never bothered getting involved in frays on SF and have no intention of starting now.

I make a point of not getting involved in games. When it gets silly, I shut up and go my own way...and I've done that many times...and several times just recently.

Sometimes, with space, people come back and say, ah ok, I understand what you were saying now...or even, yep, I see it for myself now.

I spent so many years doing just what this thread talks about...trying to highlight the obstacles that people were creating in their own lives...following the reflections into my own...and taking on the criticism and even personal attack that comes from connecting and sharing that way.

And I've written in a coupla places that I don't feel the need to do it now - I understand and respect when others do it - but it's not the way I'm guided at the moment.

Yet, I'm not going to start playing social games or say things just for the sake of appearing 'nice'. I don't say anything that doesn't come straight from the heart (or the head if I'm feeling intellectual). I'd be going backwards if I did.

But it makes me laugh that despite usually being the one to step back and bow out...nobody notices.

skeptical
28-03-2013, 04:18 AM
The drive to quickly divide the world into us and them is so powerful in people at times, that one wonders if it arrives through the space of their own deep seated need.

Your own prejudice and bias in the space of differences, most surely come from that need to belong in some way, fit into the world as it is. Not wanting to see through rose coloured glasses, not wanting to acknowledge divine love of itself, alone in itself, would mean letting go of separation both within and outside of you.

The chains you hold on yourself in seeing the differences in any space of this reality, only chain you.

A way to lift your self-esteem is to be part of a distinctive group, like the winning team. Another is to play up the qualities of your own group and denigrate the attributes of others so that you feel your better in some way, or the group you side with is better.

Often this can be done in subtle manipulative ways, or openly depending on how you seek to direct it and maintain control.

Its sad really that with the seeing and awareness that all life is one, those who seek to bring groups and others masks off their face, just to make it ok in their own minds, really are only masking their own agenda.

If divine love enters your heart, you accept all of yourself as you are. Their is no separation of seeing in you, even if it is there, exists in the world. To honour all life, you honour all spectrums of life in you and outside of you.

The unknown scares many. Holding separation and ideas about the world in us and them mindsets only reveals your own ways of keeping those stagnant ideas alive.

There is divine love.

Making peace with your own seeing and view is really about making peace with your own family ties, making peace with you.

Love may not have been divinely shown to you in all your pain and suffering. But divine love is waiting for us all. Whichever way your spirit has chosen for it to be felt.

In my own connection to the divinity of love in me and all life, there is no shadow of doubt in me that you will experience this love at some point of your journey. It may be now, it may be at the end times of your life, but you will experience at some point along the way.

And as you look back at your own judgment and self doubt, you will smile and think to yourself. All those do gooders..they were on to something. :)

All those connecting to divine love, this is what they were trying to share.

And when that moment of connection comes to you...you too will be free...to feel it too.

take care all you wonderful souls and enjoy the ride from here on in...enjoy your life fully....love all your life and what you do...love and be loved.

Open your heart, free your mind, and let yourself shine..:)

Forgive and let go, what has happened in the past is done.
There is only now, what is to come
In each moment you are reborn
Free of all that came before, free to soar
You have only to listen to the story so it can finish

Silent Whisper moved on to continue in her own journey of personal and spiritual growth...for her...for me we see them as one. I too shall be moving on as I am preparing to soar too...on the edge right now of doing so. She and I go way back and are linked in our journeys; indeed, I came here for her at her invitation and had an interesting time here. I shall check in from time to time.

Gem
28-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Lol, excuse me...but I've never bothered getting involved in frays on SF and have no intention of starting now.

I make a point of not getting involved in games. When it gets silly, I shut up and go my own way...and I've done that many times...and several times just recently.

I also refer to the games quite often.

Sometimes, with space, people come back and say, ah ok, I understand what you were saying now...or even, yep, I see it for myself now.

I spent so many years doing just what this thread talks about...trying to highlight the obstacles that people were creating in their own lives...following the reflections into my own...and taking on the criticism and even personal attack that comes from connecting and sharing that way.

'You statements' are generally going to invoke defensiveness, so are detrimental to communication. At times, people make claims about their paranormality and use that as an authority to assert validation of 'you statements'. People do take things on board and such communications can not be called 'sharing', as the the communion implied by communication is replaced by authorative telling.

And I've written in a coupla places that I don't feel the need to do it now - I understand and respect when others do it - but it's not the way I'm guided at the moment.

Yet, I'm not going to start playing social games or say things just for the sake of appearing 'nice'. I don't say anything that doesn't come straight from the heart (or the head if I'm feeling intellectual). I'd be going backwards if I did.

Well, anyone can say what they want within reason, but I don't say much because in the past people have used it to assert emotional and psychological conditions... out in public too... and where they say 'be open' I'm not convinced thats good as a general rule; there's circumstances where openess is safe and circumstances where openess is dangerous. Basically, people can open to the degree they feel comfortable with, in the interests of safety.

But it makes me laugh that despite usually being the one to step back and bow out...nobody notices.

Sometimes a quiet exit is the best option too.

Ivy
28-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Sometimes a quiet exit is the best option too.

Yes, but sometimes the situation seems to invite noise.

This thread is full of melodramatic speeches and responses that Shakespeare would be proud of.

I'm not sure it is the way to go given what it leaves behind. But that's something to ponder on.

amy green
28-03-2013, 11:02 AM
skeptical - thanks for reminding us of sw's closure post. It is most apt. :smile:

So you feel it is also time for you to take wing and soar; ah well, I believe everything unfolds as it should.

I wish you both peace and love on your journeys. Fly high and free. :hug3:

Lynn
29-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Hello

Please remember that there are many reasons why accounts status is changed. It is not fair to discuss member's that are no longer here.

Lynn

SF Admin

skeptical
29-03-2013, 02:42 AM
skeptical - thanks for reminding us of sw's closure post. It is most apt. :smile:

So you feel it is also time for you to take wing and soar; ah well, I believe everything unfolds as it should.

I wish you both peace and love on your journeys. Fly high and free. :hug3:

Yes, everything is indeed unfolding just as it should.
I wish everyone peace, joy and love on their journeys too. Thanks!

Gem
29-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Yes, but sometimes the situation seems to invite noise.

This thread is full of melodramatic speeches and responses that Shakespeare would be proud of.

I'm not sure it is the way to go given what it leaves behind. But that's something to ponder on.

It's only called "LOVE". What does it mean to write the word in capital letters? There's a reason it's capitalized; it's obvious, so all I can say is what they tell, 'LOVE', is just invoking imaginary dreams, and then there's the actual feeling, love.

amy green
29-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Typing in capitals is merely about emphasis/emotional impact.....you know, like FUN!!!
How can you read something more/hidden into that? :dontknow:

Ivy
29-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Typing in capitals is merely about emphasis/emotional impact.....you know, like FUN!!!

I'm not commenting on what Gem has said as I don't know what he is seeing as obvious. But with regards to what you've said here...you're right, the way in which love is being used in this thread evokes emotion.

But divine connection (love if you like) isn't an emotion...it's a feeling. It's beautiful, it's blissful, it's still, it's immense...it can be described with many words, including love. But, when I touch on that divine essence...all emotions, thoughts or perceptions are quiet.

So when it's spoken about in this tone...it evokes the emotion and a dream or expectation of what that connection will feel like...but by creating knowledge of 'it'...it often blinds people to their own experience of it.

amy green
29-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm not commenting on what Gem has said as I don't know what he is seeing as obvious. But with regards to what you've said here...you're right, the way in which love is being used in this thread evokes emotion.

But divine connection (love if you like) isn't an emotion...it's a feeling. It's beautiful, it's blissful, it's still, it's immense...it can be described with many words, including love. But, when I touch on that divine essence...all emotions, thoughts or perceptions are quiet.

So when it's spoken about in this tone...it evokes the emotion and a dream or expectation of what that connection will feel like...but by creating knowledge of 'it'...it often blinds people to their own experience of it.
Is it creating knowledge or sharing an experience of what divine love is? Either way I feel that a shared, positive description here would not exactly hinder someone's direct contact with the overwhelming sensation of divine love!

Gem
30-03-2013, 02:59 AM

I'm not that naive, that's why. Meadows refers to 'the game' and I think it's obvious too.

Gem
30-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Is it creating knowledge or sharing an experience of what divine love is? Either way I feel that a shared, positive description here would not exactly hinder someone's direct contact with the overwhelming sensation of divine love!

It makes a grand description which invokes an imaginary LOVE, and distracts from love.

Ivy
30-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Very often, as you say, it's simply someone wanting to share their experience. And that is beautiful and as it should be.

But this thread also touched on the realisation that people weren't learning, as well as the hope that one day they would look and see the stars in the sky...and more significantly, see the light in those who were trtying to lead them to it.

Ofcourse we should share our experiences as we discover them. But there are other lessons to be learned in doing so. One is not to imagine ourselves the guide or guru...or to imagine others in that role. It's a character, a role of illusion in the drama we create life into.

When we create that role, others will join us, because it makes 'sense'...it fits the conditions our human minds want. It provides the characters and feelings that human minds aspire to (which is why melodrama works). People can spend their entire lives living in that reality, on the stage...and never meet themselves or others in the naked wholeness.

There is always another step to take...and I'm happy for those taking it even if it means they feel the need to leave to let go of the character they've created.

Ivy
30-03-2013, 09:01 AM
I had an urge to stick this here...it's a poem written from my own realisation...

A Comedy of Errors

The gift given fades in memory
Rots into the ground,
out of sight and sound.
The word is lost from context in time.
A comedy of errors,
a sign
to mark the path.
In the illusion of looking back
See not how far youve come,
or how far yet to go
seek to understand the character
you play in this travelling show.
For Brighton pier we'll return next year
to stand upon this stage,
timeless as shakespeare,
regular as the tide.
The script repeats as the players refine
In the quiet of the wings
the waves heard, chhhh upon the stones,
as the players word
grinds upon the soul.
And one day when even age is old
and many a tale has been resoled
upon Brighton beach, barefoot we'll stand
making footprints in the sand

For those who don't understand my way of writing... the poem says that we stand on this stage and play our parts as honestly as we can. Others will see our errors and laugh at the fools we are. And we will move on and, as we understand the character we played, we may laugh at our comical errors too. But, we will refine the character and get up on stage again to try it out...knowing with each new awareness that we will be laughed at and heckled as the fools in costume that we are. But that journey grinds away the ego and strengthens the soul.

For those not in the UK, Brighton beach is made of pebbles - the metaphor being that over millenia pebbles are ground into sand.

As for the players waiting in the wings...we meet ourselves in the quiet space off stage. And the footsteps on the sand - we don't guide in our foolishness...but others hear and see the imprint of our lives and use it as they will.

God-Like
30-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Me likes Meds .

x daz x

amy green
30-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm not that naive, that's why. Meadows refers to 'the game' and I think it's obvious too.
It seems equally apparent too to me that you disbelieved in someone's sincere spiritual state, finding it more comfortable to dismiss it as a game. (Surely not relating to what is being shared, or disbelieving it to be true, doesn't mean someone is being pretentious?) Rather sad.....:icon_frown:

If you are referring to role playing, then this only becomes operational as a game if participants play otherwise it doesn't even qualify to be called a game since it doesn't even get started. Also it is easy to dismiss someone as being a guru if they share unwanted wisdom. I know sw has disputed this label. That said, I think it would be respectful to drop the matter here since she is no longer here to defend herself.

sound
30-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I had an urge to stick this here...it's a poem written from my own realisation...

A Comedy of Errors

The gift given fades in memory
Rots into the ground,
out of sight and sound.
The word is lost from context in time.
A comedy of errors,
a sign
to mark the path.
In the illusion of looking back
See not how far youve come,
or how far yet to go
seek to understand the character
you play in this travelling show.
For Brighton pier we'll return next year
to stand upon this stage,
timeless as shakespeare,
regular as the tide.
The script repeats as the players refine
In the quiet of the wings
the waves heard, chhhh upon the stones,
as the players word
grinds upon the soul.
And one day when even age is old
and many a tale has been resoled
upon Brighton beach, barefoot we'll stand
making footprints in the sand

For those who don't understand my way of writing... the poem says that we stand on this stage and play our parts as honestly as we can. Others will see our errors and laugh at the fools we are. And we will move on and, as we understand the character we played, we may laugh at our comical errors too. But, we will refine the character and get up on stage again to try it out...knowing with each new awareness that we will be laughed at and heckled as the fools in costume that we are. But that journey grinds away the ego and strengthens the soul.

For those not in the UK, Brighton beach is made of pebbles - the metaphor being that over millenia pebbles are ground into sand.

As for the players waiting in the wings...we meet ourselves in the quiet space off stage. And the footsteps on the sand - we don't guide in our foolishness...but others hear and see the imprint of our lives and use it as they will.

Yep ... I know Brighton Pier and its (You call that a?) beach lol ... I spent many hours wandering the streets of Brighton ... always felt very liberated in that 'place/space'.
Comedy of Errors ... I enjoyed your poetry ... its intelligent and insightful ... with the greatest of respect (and a certain affection) you remind me of someone I know ... dont get too close ... dont be too nice or I will cut you down to a size which fits ... lol ... I wonder what that comment will 'earn me' lol ...

Ivy
30-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Yep ... I know Brighton Pier and its (You call that a?) beach lol ... I spent many hours wandering the streets of Brighton ... always felt very liberated in that 'place/space'.
Comedy of Errors ... I enjoyed your poetry ... its intelligent and insightful ... with the greatest of respect (and a certain affection) you remind me of someone I know ... dont get too close ... dont be too nice or I will cut you down to a size which fits ... lol ... I wonder what that comment will 'earn me' lol ...

Sound, I always appreciate honesty. When people see me all coccide, I correct them...but when you hit on something that is relevant for me, I accept it as honestly as I reject the ****.

It's interesting though...the expression 'cut someone down to a size that fits'...is more often 'cut someone up to a size that fits'....recently, I came across someone who went on about perceptions and emotions like no one else had ever considered the role of emotion in their life...but I felt a feeling/a connection...and if I feel that, then I trust that that person is capeable of meeting me on a much deeper level. But it was up to me to let them in to that space.

And yes, one might see on the outside that I 'cut them down to a size that fits' because I reject the first connection and ask for something deeper....but when someone meets that deeper level...they're far from cut down in my eyes.

Ivy
30-03-2013, 11:22 PM
It seems equally apparent too to me that you disbelieved in someone's sincere spiritual state, finding it more comfortable to dismiss it as a game. (Surely not relating to what is being shared, or disbelieving it to be true, doesn't mean someone is being pretentious?) Rather sad.....:icon_frown:

If you are referring to role playing, then this only becomes operational as a game if participants play otherwise it doesn't even qualify to be called a game since it doesn't even get started. Also it is easy to dismiss someone as being a guru if they share unwanted wisdom. I know sw has disputed this label. That said, I think it would be respectful to drop the matter here since she is no longer here to defend herself.

Amy, It's cofusingvto read your replies...as it feels that you're mixing mine and gems words up as if they've come from the same perception. They havn't...and asked by de management...I am not directly discussing SW, but am simply discussing the general topics of the thread.

amy green
30-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Do you have to be spiritually focused to be in contact with the divine source of love?
I would say no - I believe that anyone in love - in that special, magical place - is connected to it. :smile:

Gem
31-03-2013, 04:34 AM

I just recognize the game, it's all up in capitals anyway, followed by a huge 'you statment' then a bit of coercive 'open up'... and I'm here to say people love just fine and open as they feel comfortable doing.

Ivy
31-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Do you have to be spiritually focused to be in contact with the divine source of love?
I would say no - I believe that anyone in love - in that special, magical place - is connected to it. :smile:

Nobody leaves our divine connection, and nobody enters it. It's just there/we are just there...always and forever.

Our focus gives us moments of simply being aware of that connection...when we shift our focus to more earthly experiences we remain as connected as we always were. Letting go of the need to prove we're still connected is another step in the journey.

If you're in love, thats lovely...enjoy. but it has no greater connection to divinity than any other of your human emotions - they are all for your embrace as the divine mother.

amy green
31-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Nobody leaves our divine connection, and nobody enters it. It's just there/we are just there...always and forever.

Our focus gives us moments of simply being aware of that connection...when we shift our focus to more earthly experiences we remain as connected as we always were. Letting go of the need to prove we're still connected is another step in the journey.

If you're in love, thats lovely...enjoy. but it has no greater connection to divinity than any other of your human emotions - they are all for your embrace as the divine mother.
Yes (don't faint) - this rings true to me! So, whilst connection is always there to the divine source of love, FOCUS is frequently/commonly lost e.g. in negative thoughts and acts.

I suppose the example I gave - of those in love - indicates a much stronger connection. Whilst focus reinforces the connection so that the experience of love intensifies, I would suggest that being in love goes one stage further. This experience doesn't feel like a question of focus (since focus can fluctuate and generally requires mental application/direction), but of being directly bathed/immersed in the direct energy source of divine love; a conduit.

Ivy
31-03-2013, 09:07 PM
If being in love makes connection stronger...how are we simply connected always and forever?

If the divine source is the divine source of love ...what is the divine source of hate?

etc

We are all simply divine...all of the time, from the first birth to the last death.

There are no oppositions...no love/hate...no stronger/weaker...no seperated/immersed. These are the constructs of our minds, they are the game of life that we play and what differentiates one from another.

amy green
31-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Meadows - so you now state you don't believe in the divine source of love. :dontknow:

I think it's sad that you view love as merely a construct of the mind. Love has a very real, tangible transforming quality
in the world e.g. in the form of compassion. Some would say miracles occur in the name of love. For me, it has a beauty and purity that sets it apart from other emotions. It can feel sacred indeed!

Also I would argue that intensity exists i.e. weak/strong. What we focus on, grows - a LOA. You can test this next time you have a physical pain or experience a sense of elation; by focusing on this feeling you will find that the sensation magnifies.

I know that it is taboo to judge - but there is such a thing as discernment.

Gem
01-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Love is the love which is felt. What is the source of that feeling?

Ivy
01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Meadows - so you now state you don't believe in the divine source of love. :dontknow:

Had you listened to my words, you would have seen that I speak about a divine connection...or a divine source. I simply don't attach love to it.

Nor is it diminished in my eyes by simply calling it divine. I connect and feel a beauty that I can't describe...and it is sacred to me. It's saved my life more than once.

It couldn't make that connection any deeper, any more all encompassing to attach love to it. I don't have a need to make that connection.

I think it's sad that you view love as merely a construct of the mind. Love has a very real, tangible transforming quality
in the world e.g. in the form of compassion. Some would say miracles occur in the name of love. For me, it has a beauty and purity that sets it apart from other emotions. It can feel sacred indeed!

Before you have walked in my shoes, it is narrow to think it sad for me to not attach love to divinity...ie it's a discernment based only upon what you've experienced yourself.

To say that something is a construct of the mind is not to underestimate its effect in the world. Your addition of 'merely' isn't how I describe or view emotion.

If you saw the shadows of love...the posessiveness, the murder and the painful attachments people create to it. It may help you to understand why I choose not to use the associations of love, to describe the feeling of divinity.

Also I would argue that intensity exists i.e. weak/strong. What we focus on, grows - a LOA. You can test this next time you have a physical pain or experience a sense of elation; by focusing on this feeling you will find that the sensation magnifies.

Yes, I agree that intensity of focus exists. But my point was again, that this focus is the way the human mind works...we are all as connected to divine energy as one another. Not everybody's life lessons are about focussing upon that energy...but everybody is as connected.

It's just an idea...but it may be that your life is about discovering love...and perhaps this is why you see love as sacred.

I know that it is taboo to judge - but there is such a thing as discernment.

From what I'm reading, at the moment Amy you are expressing your opinions and discerning the world in comparison to them. I respect them as your opinions, your views from where you stand.

But have you never stood anywhere different and seen the view change as you experience life from a different angle?

he wisdom within discernment is based upon the realisation that what we see one day may be different the next. This enables you to accept differences and to put forward your own voice without judging others with your emotional reaction (ie sadness) to their situation.

amy green
01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Meadows - of course I am interested in other view points. That is how a forum operates. Being a realist, I subject my flexible/adjustable views to ongoing assessment when evaluating differing opinions. Thank you for clarifying your views.

Yes, clearly, human love is often tainted; however the divine source of love is pure (but I accept that you don't believe this). I am not on a journey of discovering love. I have just found it to be the most beautiful experience I have ever constantly been affected by. (I say this as someone who has also suffered very severely from it too).

We must agree to differ at this point. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

sound
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Sound, I always appreciate honesty. When people see me all coccide, I correct them...but when you hit on something that is relevant for me, I accept it as honestly as I reject the ****. Yeah I know ... I get that about you ... people like you 'help' keep other people honest ...
Coccide ... in Australia we would spell that 'c o c k - e y e d, and it would mean a bit 'crooked' ... you are a straight shooter though, and its refreshing :) ... i need that because I tend to get things a bit skew-iffed at times, and then run with whatever conclusions i draw, which are often emotionally charged ...

..... because I reject the first connection and ask for something deeper....but when someone meets that deeper level...they're far from cut down in my eyes.Beautifully articulated ... ... I need to learn to do that minus the agitation ...

Ivy
01-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Thankyou Sound...and it makes more sense to spell it ****-eyed lol...I don't know where I got that spelling from :-) xx