PDA

View Full Version : ARTHRITIS/JOINT PAINS & REMEDIES

glad
16-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Has anyone had any degree of success taking Glucosamine for arthritis/joint pains?
After taking anti-inflamitories for years, I read about 6yrs. ago that these drugs actually stop any new growth in human joints. If this is true, it's no wonder these complaints are described as progressive. Taking these drugs would then mean that no improvement was poss., although they do treat the symptoms.

I questioned my doc., who confirmed that this could actually be an unfortunate side effect of NSADs.
Unfortunate?. I'd been taking the jolly things for yrs., in total ignorance.
Thats's where Glucosamine comes in, the doc. actually told me about it. Now, he didn't state that it worked, but he did say that he had read some very good reports about it.

The bottom line is that after stopping the NSADs, taking Glucosamine, and adjusting my diet slightly, I have found a real, life changing improvement, which has actually shown on X-rays.

So, back to my original question, has anyone tried this stuff or had any success with any other product, diet or exercise?

Ancestral
17-10-2005, 10:24 PM
You might ask your doctor about trying Glucosamine, Chondroitin, & MSM tablet I have taken MSM for my joints and I do not have as much stiffness nor pain but with any new herbal even you should consult your doctor because it may not me right for you. I do need to get the one with all three again because of my being double jointed and I know they say that is impossible but until they rename the condition I am sticking with it. Exercise does help and I have not tried a good diet yet. I would like to send you healing as well if you wish and not sure if I was any help at all. I hope you will find your answers soon, take care. :)

glad
19-10-2005, 09:14 AM
ANCESTRAL
MANY THANKS FOR TAKING THE TROUBLE TO REPLY AND YOUR KIND OFFER TO SEND ME HEALING.
I ACCEPT THIS WILLINGING. WOULD THIS BE REIKI, OR SPIRITUAL HEALING?
I ALSO AM DOUBLE JOINTED, THOUGH THIS IS ONLY MY ARMS. DO YOU THINK THERE COULD BE ANY CONNECTION BETWEEN THIS AND ARTHRITIS/JOINT PAIN?
I WENT TO THE LIBRARY AND DID A BIT OF RESEARCH TO TRY AND FIND A DIET TO LOWER CHOLESTERAL, AS I PREFERRED NOT TO TAKE THE PRESCRIBED MEDICATION. I THINK MOST COMPLAINTS ARE BEST TREATED NATURALLY, WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
I FOUND THE NEW DIET IMPROVED OTHER COMPLAINTS AS WELL.
I AM VERY NEW TO THIS COMPUTOR LARK, AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL AS I CAN'T EVEN GET THE ICONS ON TO MY PAGE.
KIND REGARDS

glad
19-10-2005, 09:15 AM
ANCESTRAL
MANY THANKS FOR TAKING THE TROUBLE TO REPLY AND YOUR KIND OFFER TO SEND ME HEALING.
I ACCEPT THIS WILLINGING. WOULD THIS BE REIKI, OR SPIRITUAL HEALING?
I ALSO AM DOUBLE JOINTED, THOUGH THIS IS ONLY MY ARMS. DO YOU THINK THERE COULD BE ANY CONNECTION BETWEEN THIS AND ARTHRITIS/JOINT PAIN?
I WENT TO THE LIBRARY AND DID A BIT OF RESEARCH TO TRY AND FIND A DIET TO LOWER CHOLESTERAL, AS I PREFERRED NOT TO TAKE THE PRESCRIBED MEDICATION. I THINK MOST COMPLAINTS ARE BEST TREATED NATURALLY, WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
I FOUND THE NEW DIET IMPROVED OTHER COMPLAINTS AS WELL.
I AM VERY NEW TO THIS COMPUTOR LARK, AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL AS I CAN'T EVEN GET THE ICONS ON TO MY PAGE.
KIND REGARDS

Ancestral
19-10-2005, 10:39 AM
You are welcome and yes I have been told arthritis can be caused by being double jointed and one other problem I have is TMJ which also affects my jaw and neck. It was spiritual but I have a friend who may be able to help me send Reiki as well. If you have not tried Reiki that does work for me and I would recommend you to see if it does work for you. I too hate medications also and trying to get myself healthier. :) Well take and looking forward to hearing from you.

lexscotland
16-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Have disvovered after many years of pain - that the solution is walking - and taking cod liver oil capsules - three years ago could not walk - ankles practically crippled me - but did -cos I could show them and wouldnt let it grind me down, evfery strep was like the little mermaid story - walking on broken glass - it had been worsening for years- started taking cheap - in every shop - cod liver oil multi capsules - not a pain after a few months- got a dog 2 years ago and now walk 6 miles a day - apart from a slight creak - no problems at all - can touch my toes - still creak - but that's through lack of usage lol - neck which I could feel creak every time I moved it - now nothing. It's worth a try

Ancestral
17-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Have disvovered after many years of pain - that the solution is walking - and taking cod liver oil capsules - three years ago could not walk - ankles practically crippled me - but did -cos I could show them and wouldnt let it grind me down, evfery strep was like the little mermaid story - walking on broken glass - it had been worsening for years- started taking cheap - in every shop - cod liver oil multi capsules - not a pain after a few months- got a dog 2 years ago and now walk 6 miles a day - apart from a slight creak - no problems at all - can touch my toes - still creak - but that's through lack of usage lol - neck which I could feel creak every time I moved it - now nothing. It's worth a try

Can I ask you a question does Cod liver oil work like MSM, Glucosamine, and Chondroitin, by keeping the fluids and cartilage healthy? I am mainly curious and I am for finding whatever works for you. I am double jointed which makes my joints stiffen and due the air that gets caught in joint. Also have TMJ and I cannot spell it let alone say it. Any way thanks for the info.

Tiy
21-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Glad,

I get very stiff aching joints myself...I don't think it's bad enough to go to the docs so I decided to try a bit of crystal healing. I programmed an amethyst pendant to ease my joint pain and after wearing it for a couple of days it did seem to work....I thought maybe it was coincidence but after removing it the pain came back....so obviously I put it back on again (or I carry a small amethyst tumblestone if I don't want to wear the pendant) While I am wearing or carrying the programmed amethyst my joint pain does actually ease...not sure if this works for everyone but it's worth a go I'd say.

There's also the good old tried and tested copper bracelets...I wear one of those too. It works for me.

Sorry I can't be more help! :D I hope you find the pain relief you are looking for.

AsIDream
03-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Would you believe that there are inflammatory foods? Yes. Carbohydrates. Fresh, unprocessed food is best with plenty of greens for their calcium content. Also consider Calcium lactate. It is better than calcium citrate in that it goes directly to the bones without several transitions which thus reduce the nutrient load. Be sure to consult your doctor as to whether it may interact with prescription drugs.

AsIDream

Ascended Master
04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Hi glad
My sister had wrist problems - as Dad had severe arthritis - and she used to wear wrist supports most of the time. I gave her some healing and since then she's had no pain at all.
It hurt for a few days, but I asked spirit to keep working on it until it was done (once the treatment had finished), and Bob's your uncle. Pain gone?
Shocked the heck out of me it did, but here she is, more than a year later, without a bean of discomfort.
From experience, I'd urge anyone to go for healing.
And if ancestral fancies a bit of support on this one, I'd gladly oblige.
With love and light,
AM

AZCowGirl
06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
If you are going to use Glucosamine make sure it is Glucosamine Sulfate and at least 1.5 grams...

Glucosamine Sulfate...Helps generate the viscous (Synovial) fluid that lubricates joints, is used to build cartilage, manufactures connective tissue, shown in clinical studies to promote joint health! :smile:

MSM...helps with inflammation, nourishes strong connective tissue

Vitamin C...helps with the synthesis of two primary components of connective tissue, collagen and glucosamine sulfate

Boswellia...helps with inflammation (ayurvedic herb)

I found a product that has all of the above plus manganese and minerals
and it works...when you are pain free it makes it easier to then deal with the real cause...:icon_eek:

Natural anti-inflammatories include mangosteen, MSM, celadrin, omega 3's, GLA, boswellia, organic flax, salmon and primrose oils, fish oil and cod liver oil...

When estrogen levels start declining, many women experience what is commonly called menopausal arthritis. But what women are really experiencing is increased inflammation. Remember inflammation not only causes joint pain but also increases the risk of colon cancer, Alzheimer's, rapid aging, heart disease and more. Take bio-identical hormones!

Lousie Hay "Heal you Body" has many insights...PS I have this book and more listed on my web site...

The mental patterns that cause most dis-ease in the body are CRITICISM, ANGER, RESENTMENT and GUILT.

Arthritis...feeling unloved. Criticism and resentment...start to LOVE yourself
"I now choose to LOVE and APPROVE of myself"
***if you don't love you how can anyone else...

Arthritic Fingers...a desire to punish. Blame. Feeling victimized...I now see with love and understanding

Inflammation...FEAR. Inflammed thinking...my thinking is peaceful, calm and centered

Joints...represent changes in direction of life and ease of these movements.
I easily flow with change...

daisy
06-08-2006, 10:33 PM
i tried glucosomine sulphate for repetitive strain injury in my elbow it did help

Awi Gaya
29-09-2006, 05:24 AM
I am happy to see this post, I posted above stating that I have developed joint pains since breast feeding, at the present I take advil :( I will try the cod liver oil....be well all of you,..sending reiki to all,..and visioning healing fluids to our joints!!

mikron
29-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Yes I have taken that in the past for my knees and it does work , the liquid kind is the best to take ! but I have not taken it in years I practice mirco cosmic orbit meditation . search the forum and you can get more information on that !

Has anyone had any degree of success taking Glucosamine for arthritis/joint pains?