PDA

View Full Version : Radical self-honesty ...

sound
11-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I get annoyed and I sometimes get impatient and indignant and impersonal ... that's a start ...

I don't have a problem acknowledging that stuff ... and most times I don't have a problem acknowledging that I sometimes struggle to acknowledge my blinkers ... I am ignorant to the plight of others sometimes ... I dont always understand how others think and feel ... I am not always prepared to actively listen and step outside my own orbit ... I can act in very selfish ways and can be oblivious to the needs of others at different times.

Spiritual speak is all very well but what about radical self-honesty ... how sweet the sound (of honesty ... and absolutely no reference to self, as sound, is intended there - honestly lol ) ...

Is it not easier to work with the 'whole' truth? ... what is the 'whole' truth?

LIFE
11-03-2013, 01:30 PM

Good question. I don't know...but I do know it contains a lot that we, as human beings, would rather sweep under the cosmic rug and pretend doesn't exist.

I dont always understand how others think and feel

How could you? You and they occupy separate "mind-space".

"Separation" seems to be the ultimate naughty word around here, but that doesn't change the fact that it exists on many levels.

sound
11-03-2013, 01:51 PM
How could you? You and they occupy separate "mind-space".

"Separation" seems to be the ultimate naughty word around here, but that doesn't change the fact that it exists on many levels.

I know, yet some people would disagree and argue that they are an 'empath', and privy to your experience, inside and out ... while i understand, and indeed experience that some people have very well developed empathy, they are still filtering and interpreting through their own experiences/prejudices/conditioning/programming/understanding and the rest ...

amy green
11-03-2013, 02:14 PM
To acknowledge feelings just addresses honesty. It's admirable but just a preliminary step if there is an interest in spiritual development/growth. If the negative (unwanted) feelings keep arising then it could be argued that it may be beneficial to look into what the cause is in order to gain better understanding, insight and to learn/heal from it. I find that a situation may keep presenting itself until the lesson has been learnt.

sound
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I agree with the statement about repetitiveness ... my experience has taught me that if i am continually presented with the same situation, then there is something about it that i need to acknowledge and be open to what ever is being revealed in that 'moment' ... right here, right now, whilst typing out this response, i am experiencing an understanding that i may be missing out on something due to 'refusing to see' ... so there you go ...

Gracey
11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
I get annoyed and I sometimes get impatient and indignant and impersonal ... that's a start ...

I don't have a problem acknowledging that stuff ... and most times I don't have a problem acknowledging that I sometimes struggle to acknowledge my blinkers ... I am ignorant to the plight of others sometimes ... I dont always understand how others think and feel ... I am not always prepared to actively listen and step outside my own orbit ... I can act in very selfish ways and can be oblivious to the needs of others at different times.

Spiritual speak is all very well but what about radical self-honesty ... how sweet the sound (of honesty ... and absolutely no reference to self, as sound, is intended there - honestly lol ) ...

of course it is easier to work with the whole truth. i would say the whole truth is to acknowledge ones fallacies along with virtues. the question for me is, can i accept myself as i am?

Ivy
11-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I work with radical self-honesty...I use the reflections around me to see it also.

I do it because when all 'others' are gone and we are alone...it really is all we are. But I understand with some compassion, the fear of being seen in true honesty. And sometimes, in my true honesty, I hide away what's inside because I feel a need to protect myself. In other circumstances I open up so very much.

But when I am hiding myself away on the outside...I'm honest about it inside and it helps me to not lose sight of inner journey.

Naturally, because I understand that fear within myself, as well as the kind of dangers it relates to. I recognise that others may be fearful too. It tends to be those who are over-zealous in their displays of success and have been over-powered in their past. They have a right to that fear, and to keep themselves back amongst those who aren't sensitive to it. That understanding is what empathy is for x

Smiler
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi Kate ~I love your thread.

IMO radical self-honesty.. is truly a sign of self ownership and definitely the sign of self love.
Many of us look out and don't look in. Takes a brave person to look at their faults (or perceived ones).
Got a few of my own I am working through.

I don't believe any human is perfect and I do believe one has to have love respect and especially know themself first before they can know love and respect another.

A key to where one is on the path is in their thoughts , for example does any one really annoy you? ( not you literally Kate) ..What is balance in this...?

Example a person is rude loud obnoxious and hurtful to others ..whilst sitting on their throne of I am perfect ..do we sit in our bubble and say ..that is path aren't I lovely :) lol . Oh and LOUD ..lets add that to the list.

The screamer in a restaurant..
What if ..a person took a healthy reality chomp and stated "You hurt other people with your actions or please shut up "etc.
The painful person may very well need another's Truth ( or perceived truth )..to actually grow, the delivery of that truth may need to be expressed in a way totally ..un spiritual to main stream thought.

A good clean of the mind cupboard is healthy ..lol

Lots of Love Kate
Debs xoxoox

Emmalevine
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I like to think I'm honest with myself. I try to explore my thoughts and reactions so that i can become more aware and change them if I feel the need.

Feeling compassion is more difficult but it's something that is becoming easier.

Self honesty is really the key to spirituality in my view...it's facing ourselves head on...knowing all of who we are...then feeling compassion for even the bits we dislike.

I can struggle with people without thinking about what their battle is about...I am quick to judge and feel frustrated, but then I know the frustration is really about me.

charly233
12-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Great thread.

I get annoyed and irritated every now and then. Sometimes my best friend annoys me and goes on and on about his problems. I just put up with this as I don't want to upset him.

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and sometimes sleep for up to 16 hours a day. And I hear voices and am on medication to keep them under control.

I have a part of me that feels I am enlightened and that I am God/Goddess. And another part that feels very unenlightened and still mired in suffering. A part of me feels that I am Christ and another part of me feels that I am Satan. A childlike part of me fears that I may go to hell as a punishment for this connection with Satan.

Yet another part of me is very atheistic and feels that there is no God at all.

I cannot always practice radical self honesty. I have to feel that I am in a very safe space before I can begin to open up. I have a lot of fear and anxiety to work through. I am afraid that I will be exposed as a fraud and an impostor. I hate being criticized. I keep reminding myself that Love is letting go of fear.

Dr.Truth
12-03-2013, 09:40 AM

The whole truth is that the soul is perfect but the body-mind organism never can be.

Gem
12-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Now yer speaking my language.

Gem
12-03-2013, 10:49 AM
The whole truth is that the soul is perfect but the body-mind organism never can be.

Yep the seperate perfect soul as opposed to the imperfect mind organism, somehow that needs to be reconciled, so it isn't the whole truth, is it?

in progress
12-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Yep the seperate perfect soul as opposed to the imperfect mind organism, somehow that needs to be reconciled, so it isn't the whole truth, is it?
Does it need to be reconciled or merely acknowledged?

missrachel300
12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
We are all people and should acknowledge that we all contain light and dark, good and bad traits. Some have more bad than good and vice versa. To be aware of this in yourself and others will build integrity. And in effect, give you a better sense of wholeness. imo.

Dr.Truth
12-03-2013, 12:16 PM

The soul is just the energy of who you are. You can make a conscious decision to merge with this pure energy if you wish.

Otherwise your mind will just occupy itself with the usual stuff.

sound
12-03-2013, 02:18 PM
of course it is easier to work with the whole truth. i would say the whole truth is to acknowledge ones fallacies along with virtues. the question for me is, can i accept myself as i am?

What arises for me when i read your question at the end there Gracey is another question ... ' What occurs when we don't accept our self as we are?' Is it actually possible to not accept self on some level, at least? Self-acceptance ... what does that mean for different people?

Fallacies is an interesting word to use ... an 'error in reasoning' or ... a 'lack of soundness' lol ...

Gracey
12-03-2013, 04:08 PM
What arises for me when i read your question at the end there Gracey is another question ... ' What occurs when we don't accept our self as we are?' Is it actually possible to not accept self on some level, at least? Self-acceptance ... what does that mean for different people?

Fallacies is an interesting word to use ... an 'error in reasoning' or ... a 'lack of soundness' lol ...

the rose colored glasses do mess up our hearing don't they. :D

for me self acceptance is to acknowledge whatever is and be okay with it and if not okay with, take action to be okay with it.