PDA

View Full Version : My parents both have abundance energy blocks...

Hanalei
08-03-2013, 02:56 AM
So, I'm pretty certain that both of my parents have energy blocks, speficially those affecting abundance. My mom knows she does, as she's aware of all of the spiritual things like I am. My dad, on the other hand, is a typical American who is getting better with the open-mindedness, but if I told him he had energy blocks he'd say I'm nuts and leave the room.

His became pretty obvious today when I was watching an interview with my favorite musician. He made a few comments about him - and does here and there, even though I don't think he doesn't like him - that really gave me the impression that he's either jealous and/or has some huge energy blocks. He's had the same job for 20 years, doesn't like it but pretends to, wants to move but has some resistance, apparently. He was brought up with the idea that you go to college, get a job, and stay with that company until you retire. I know I can't change the way he was brought up.

My question is, is there any way I could help him out with this without explaining all of this to him? He is too closed minded yet to believe any of it.

Belle
09-03-2013, 09:38 AM
The best way you can help someone as such is to withdraw yourself from their circle of power, from their energetic field - and also remove them from your power.

sometimes, helping someone involves an active withdrawal so they can determine their own power, their own path, their own journey. Your father has had a role of provider for you which has shaped him for a long time - he wasn't free to follow his heart as he might have been. So honour him for his sacrifice.

Also, be wary of projection. It's very very easy to see another route someone is taking as being unfulfilling - and indeed it might - but given their history it might just be the very very best they can do at that time in their life.

Another thing, what we see in other people is often a mirror to ourselves. If your parents have made mistakes / are making mistakes - then be happy that you can see this and you are therefore empowered to change your own life and shape your future. It is a gift to you.

Family relationships are very complex energetically, what your father has chosen to do he chose for various reasons, and being fully you - apart from him - then that may be more of a help than actively engaging with his life.

CJ82Sky
15-03-2013, 02:42 AM
i have a friend that is in a tough spot, and it's hard to find the answers to the questions you have. i have many of the same. sometimes i distance myself, but she is one of my best friends, so i also try to be supportive, talk to her from a place of love and caring so that she is less likely to get defensive and more likely to listen, and hopefully it will help.

i don't talk to her about spiritual stuff often, but i do try to talk to her in real terms about self esteem, stress, issues, and other stuff she is dealing with. maybe just talking in a way that makes sense to your dad will help, but coming from a place of love and understanding and acceptance. rather than thinking of it as trying to change/help, think of it as hearing things from his point of view, and see if you can't help him see things in a way that makes sense to him, but helps him grow at the same time.

turtlelover111
29-04-2013, 10:43 PM
So, I'm pretty certain that both of my parents have energy blocks, speficially those affecting abundance. My mom knows she does, as she's aware of all of the spiritual things like I am. My dad, on the other hand, is a typical American who is getting better with the open-mindedness, but if I told him he had energy blocks he'd say I'm nuts and leave the room.

His became pretty obvious today when I was watching an interview with my favorite musician. He made a few comments about him - and does here and there, even though I don't think he doesn't like him - that really gave me the impression that he's either jealous and/or has some huge energy blocks. He's had the same job for 20 years, doesn't like it but pretends to, wants to move but has some resistance, apparently. He was brought up with the idea that you go to college, get a job, and stay with that company until you retire. I know I can't change the way he was brought up.

My question is, is there any way I could help him out with this without explaining all of this to him? He is too closed minded yet to believe any of it.

I have a pretty similar situation at home with my parents. My mom is less closed and will listen to some of the stuff I have to say, but my dad is very stuck in his beliefs. He usually listens to the spiritual things I have to say, but it just doesn't register in his head at all. It is clear when he answers in a way that only verifies his opinion, barely acknowledging what I said. I have learned to not be offended by that, because it used to be a sore spot. I can be thankful for my ability to see why he's acting the way he acts.

I haven't done much of this (that i can think of off the top of me head) but I might suggest showing him examples of what you mean rather than explaining the ideas to him. Try telling him about something that has already happened, something he will believe actually happened, and then explain the spiritual reasoning behind it. Don't get discouraged if he still disregards what you say; with enough of this type of learning he may be more open to the other things you have to share.

Good luck with everything because I understand, from experience, how complex it is to be more spiritually advanced than your parents. Many struggles and issues to deal with but when you can sort them all out, you gotta realize how lucky our generation is to be so much more advanced.