PDA

View Full Version : Becoming the Higher Self

Royalite
18-10-2010, 05:07 PM
I hear a lot of noise lately, and a lot of quarreling back and forth in my head. And I THINK that I may be talking to my higher self at many points. Very encouraging, very support, very different from the other voices (And here I am trying hard not to sound crazy :icon_frown: ). But how does one become incorporated with this higher self? Instead of having to receive constant encouragement from it to keep going, to start living and being and doing, how does one become one with it so that the strength becomes a natural part of one's life?

Emmalevine
18-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I think it's about trusting your intuition, your gut feeling, more. It sounds like your mind is trying to sabotage you by getting into conflict with itself and you don't know which to listen to or believe. Your higher self knows what best for you and as that is YOU at your deepest level, you know what is right for you too. Let go of the surface conflict and listen to what you are saying deep down. Maybe try meditating for a bit so you can get back in touch with your deepest consciousness. While your mind is in battle it will be difficult to hear your inner voice.

As a personal experience, once I started letting go of my mind's need to control and analyse and work everything out, I began to relax and trust myself. Then it was natural. Once I began to drift off to that state of half awake, half asleep, when I found myself staring at an image of me giving myself the thumbs up! I believe this was my Higher Self telling me I was on the right track. It gave me a lot of comfort. I generally know when it is a messasge from my Higher self because I will feel peaceful, calm, energetiv and know on a intuitive level it is right. When it's a message from the ego/disruptive mind my energy level will drop and I'll feel unhappy and/or stressed.

Royalite
18-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I think it's about trusting your intuition, your gut feeling, more. It sounds like your mind is trying to sabotage you by getting into conflict with itself and you don't know which to listen to or believe. Your higher self knows what best for you and as that is YOU at your deepest level, you know what is right for you too. Let go of the surface conflict and listen to what you are saying deep down. Maybe try meditating for a bit so you can get back in touch with your deepest consciousness. While your mind is in battle it will be difficult to hear your inner voice.

As a personal experience, once I started letting go of my mind's need to control and analyse and work everything out, I began to relax and trust myself. Then it was natural. Once I began to drift off to that state of half awake, half asleep, when I found myself staring at an image of me giving myself the thumbs up! I believe this was my Higher Self telling me I was on the right track. It gave me a lot of comfort. I generally know when it is a messasge from my Higher self because I will feel peaceful, calm, energetiv and know on a intuitive level it is right. When it's a message from the ego/disruptive mind my energy level will drop and I'll feel unhappy and/or stressed.

It seems as though not even meditation or mindfulness tactics are working anymore. When the mind gets quiet (like right now), I feel something tugging on my forehead and then my breath gets hot and all these other things. Maybe you're right...my mind has definitely waged war on me. Can't even sleep through the night, visuals of bizarro characters, images of people rejecting, ending up crazy or in the mad house or drugged up with a bunch of pills that I don't want.....

Out of curiousity............has anyone ever gone crazy from this stuff?

Verunia
18-10-2010, 08:19 PM
I hear a lot of noise lately, and a lot of quarreling back and forth in my head. And I THINK that I may be talking to my higher self at many points. Very encouraging, very support, very different from the other voices (And here I am trying hard not to sound crazy :icon_frown: ). But how does one become incorporated with this higher self? Instead of having to receive constant encouragement from it to keep going, to start living and being and doing, how does one become one with it so that the strength becomes a natural part of one's life?

As far as I know, the higher self and all aspects of it teach us things and guide us. They work through our intuition and subtle messages in our life that lead us to accept ourselves and open our 'selves' more. More importantly, realize that the strength is a natural part of you. You are the constant encouragement, life, and being that it encourages. It merely seems separate because of our ego, the thing we identify ourselves with. These things are you- always. Believe me, I've been there. The separation is hard to deal with at times. Don't be saddened or confused by it, pull through- hope and faith are powerful manifesting techniques in our lives, because they come straight from our heart.

Out of curiousity............has anyone ever gone crazy from this stuff?

I have gone through a period where I seriously contemplated my sanity, and really thought about giving up this spiritual path.

That moment is when I had one of my most profound recognitions- that I forgot the love in me, and I had completely hid in my mind and analyzed everything to avoid the fear of insanity.

I'm sure there are some 'crazy' people out there, I think a better term is that they are misunderstood. But if you follow your intuition you will be just fine. People all over this forum can empathize with you on this, it's a steep path sometimes to the next revelation.

Good luck :hug3:

Royalite
18-10-2010, 08:38 PM
As far as I know, the higher self and all aspects of it teach us things and guide us. They work through our intuition and subtle messages in our life that lead us to accept ourselves and open our 'selves' more. More importantly, realize that the strength is a natural part of you. You are the constant encouragement, life, and being that it encourages. It merely seems separate because of our ego, the thing we identify ourselves with. These things are you- always. Believe me, I've been there. The separation is hard to deal with at times. Don't be saddened or confused by it, pull through- hope and faith are powerful manifesting techniques in our lives, because they come straight from our heart.

I have gone through a period where I seriously contemplated my sanity, and really thought about giving up this spiritual path.

That moment is when I had one of my most profound recognitions- that I forgot the love in me, and I had completely hid in my mind and analyzed everything to avoid the fear of insanity.

I'm sure there are some 'crazy' people out there, I think a better term is that they are misunderstood. But if you follow your intuition you will be just fine. People all over this forum can empathize with you on this, it's a steep path sometimes to the next revelation.

Good luck :hug3:

:hug3:

Thank you :smile:

duff
18-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Just thought I'd add a bit from my experiences. It seems to me, that whenever you have a higher thought, realization, just think about something nice, whenever these appear, grasp them for what they are, think about it, and when you are inspired to act on that higher self, there will you be.

-duff

Royalite
18-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Just thought I'd add a bit from my experiences. It seems to me, that whenever you have a higher thought, realization, just think about something nice, whenever these appear, grasp them for what they are, think about it, and when you are inspired to act on that higher self, there will you be.

-duff

My Higher Self suggested something that isn't at all agreeing with my mind. I asked for a "Plan B" or some sign that this path has been set for me already. I think my Higher Self is in direct contact with God so I was asking about a sign of some sort so that I can know if what I'm being told is really from a higher place. I also asked for two more years so as to make my mom happy and for the sake of my own vanity and pride.

To think...all of this started at age 12 when I sought to be truely happy. :/

duff
18-10-2010, 09:25 PM
My higher self had a plan A for which I had to wait a long time. And resist false paths all along the way. It falls to the moment tho, in the moment of actualization, you will either take the path or choose the alternative, be whatever that may be. You shouldn't worry, just trust your higher self, contemplate what it gives you, once your mind settles with accepting what your higher self has given you, you should find peace. If there comes a moment of inspiration, there you will be, no harm, no foul.

d

-edit:
started at six for me, when i picked up a robin, held it, then let it fly away.

Royalite
18-10-2010, 09:33 PM
My higher self had a plan A for which I had to wait a long time. And resist false paths all along the way. It falls to the moment tho, in the moment of actualization, you will either take the path or choose the alternative, be whatever that may be. You shouldn't worry, just trust your higher self, contemplate what it gives you, once your mind settles with accepting what your higher self has given you, you should find peace. If there comes a moment of inspiration, there you will be, no harm, no foul.

d

-edit:
started at six for me, when i picked up a robin, held it, then let it fly away.

That's cute! I enjoyed the image I got from the beginning of your search. :smile:

duff
18-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't think of that moment much. Its one of those moments that when you grasp, it becomes you, and you don't know what your grasping for.

Anyway..

Royalite
18-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't think of that moment much. Its one of those moments that when you grasp, it becomes you, and you don't know what your grasping for.

Anyway..

I caught a glimpse of the last part before it disappeared. I understand and I very much appreciate the honesty. I think that's one of the things I fear. In facing myself, I worry that my ego defenses will create alter egos for me to deal with things or that I will begin to hallucinate.

How did you get past the schizophrenia?

John32241
18-10-2010, 10:09 PM
My Higher Self suggested something that isn't at all agreeing with my mind. I asked for a "Plan B" or some sign that this path has been set for me already. I think my Higher Self is in direct contact with God so I was asking about a sign of some sort so that I can know if what I'm being told is really from a higher place. I also asked for two more years so as to make my mom happy and for the sake of my own vanity and pride.

To think...all of this started at age 12 when I sought to be truely happy. :/

Working with the logical mind is a task in itself. Forget about "Plan B" and learn about love. True self love that is, with your higher self, which is You.

Now being truly happy and always living a joy filled life will happen when that love has been found. At my web site on this stuff, I have a discussion thread that may be of some interest to you.
http://www.telepathyacademy.com/community/index.php?topic=103.0

That and the secret that I share in my experiences section.
http://www.telepathyacademy.com/community/index.php?topic=178.0

Life is about love is it not.

John

duff
18-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Dynamist-

I was called out of a dream [since 6] before my time was due. I just had to handle my business, the after effects of those states was delutional thoughts which led to a schizophrenic episode.

Right now, I've woken up yet again, and its the stuff your just not allowed to say. I've woken up sane in an insane world. Just my being is creation.

As far as hallucinations go, I have to explain specifics. I've never seen anything that was not there. I've never heard voices. I've had a lot of higher thoughts intertwined with my thinking. Personally, drug use has led higher thoughts, but I was at the point where I 'knew' I was prematurely enlightened during a trip, and that was shortly before my first episode.

So as far as hallucinations go, from my experiences, it may just be someone else's dream for all i Know.

-d

edit:
didn't mean to zap your thought about alter-ego's. I'm simply thinking about it. - i can say recently, i've been expressing myself in my entire life, and I've seen different facets of myself that one could maybe see as seperate. In my analyzing my experiences, I find that I am in 'the state' I need to be 'in' to fully express myself in that and every moment.

edit2:
apologize for another edit. But thank you for thanking me about my honesty. If anything could, that would be my undoing.

Rah nam
18-10-2010, 11:48 PM
I hear a lot of noise lately, and a lot of quarreling back and forth in my head. And I THINK that I may be talking to my higher self at many points. Very encouraging, very support, very different from the other voices (And here I am trying hard not to sound crazy ). But how does one become incorporated with this higher self? Instead of having to receive constant encouragement from it to keep going, to start living and being and doing, how does one become one with it so that the strength becomes a natural part of one's life?

The higher self does not quarrel.
It is usually a very soft voice in the background.
For this reason, most use some form of meditation, to to quieten the noise, coming from the mind.
If the higher self wants to have a more direct contact, connection, it will find a way. When we are ready.
Some call it a soul merger. One can not miss it when it happens.

duff
19-10-2010, 12:40 AM
DetLef-

To give voice to something such as the higher self does not quarrel, brings it's very existence to people's minds. to suggest quietening a mind to hear a soft voice sounds like a dark delusion that will end in nothing pretty. Let the mind quieten enself is good. To quiet it, means its not quiet. The higher self is the good you see out of the corner of ur eye in urself. We won't miss anything.

Royalite
19-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Dynamist-

I was called out of a dream [since 6] before my time was due. I just had to handle my business, the after effects of those states was delutional thoughts which led to a schizophrenic episode.

Right now, I've woken up yet again, and its the stuff your just not allowed to say. I've woken up sane in an insane world. Just my being is creation.

As far as hallucinations go, I have to explain specifics. I've never seen anything that was not there. I've never heard voices. I've had a lot of higher thoughts intertwined with my thinking. Personally, drug use has led higher thoughts, but I was at the point where I 'knew' I was prematurely enlightened during a trip, and that was shortly before my first episode.

So as far as hallucinations go, from my experiences, it may just be someone else's dream for all i Know.

-d

edit:
didn't mean to zap your thought about alter-ego's. I'm simply thinking about it. - i can say recently, i've been expressing myself in my entire life, and I've seen different facets of myself that one could maybe see as seperate. In my analyzing my experiences, I find that I am in 'the state' I need to be 'in' to fully express myself in that and every moment.

edit2:
apologize for another edit. But thank you for thanking me about my honesty. If anything could, that would be my undoing.

Honesty? I see it as a blessing. I enjoy hearing people speak their truth.

Rah nam
19-10-2010, 01:21 AM
DetLef-

To give voice to something such as the higher self does not quarrel, brings it's very existence to people's minds. to suggest quietening a mind to hear a soft voice sounds like a dark delusion that will end in nothing pretty. Let the mind quieten enself is good. To quiet it, means its not quiet. The higher self is the good you see out of the corner of ur eye in urself. We won't miss anything.

Can we hear a voice without the involvement of the mind?
I would have to explain how the mind is constructed and how we interact with the mind. This would go beyond the intent of this thread.
Dark delusions, a term fitting to be used in an inquisition.

Royalite
19-10-2010, 01:26 AM
The higher self does not quarrel.
It is usually a very soft voice in the background.
For this reason, most use some form of meditation, to to quieten the noise, coming from the mind.
If the higher self wants to have a more direct contact, connection, it will find a way. When we are ready.
Some call it a soul merger. One can not miss it when it happens.

No, it's never the higher self quarreling. I hope I didn't give that impression. It's "ego" (I think I want to create a new word for this as it's becoming played out and overused) trying to make noise to stop me from remaining in the present, where it's useless. I've been tapping into the now alot more than I use to and I think it's causing "ego" to have a panic. I had a panic attack twice surrounding this, the first after losing that dire "want" of illusory things and the 2nd when I saw a long haul of possibilities that I could be separated from God ("ego" had taken hold that time and I feared sinking below the line again).

Anyways, my mind is very quiet now and I feel more connected than I have since Sunday! :happy3: I may just go meditate right now. :smile:

duff
19-10-2010, 01:29 AM
a bit more on alter ego's... and honesty... during my first 'state', I attached 1 representation of a girl representing 'logic' to my right side, and a girl representing intuition to my left, unknown to them, that I couldn't decide one or the other. My being became those 2, till I realized mySelf was a 3rd. No voice. flat refusal on the one offer that as been made after my first episode.

that's the honesty that could be my undoing. chalk it up to fate.

i should add i dance.

-d

Royalite
19-10-2010, 01:36 AM
a bit more on alter ego's... and honesty... during my first 'state', I attached 1 representation of a girl representing 'logic' to my right side, and a girl representing intuition to my left, unknown to them, that I couldn't decide one or the other. My being became those 2, till I realized mySelf was a 3rd. No voice. flat refusal on the one offer that as been made after my first episode.

that's the honesty that could be my undoing. chalk it up to fate.

i should add i dance.

-d

That sounds confusing. Especially for a 6 yr old. Having to choose between logic and intuition. I'm guessing the real you was the one in the middle, the one whose right ear had logic whispering into it and the left ear being filled with intuition? That would be nice because then you could choose which one to use in any given moment.

duff
19-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Detlef-

My closest bro has heard voices during his lifetime. I wouldn't discredit him, as I won't discredit you. But when you look for something long enough, you'll usually find it, or at the least, an exemplary alternative. That's not to say that voice is your higher self. I don't mean to say the higher self may or may not show up as a voice, but from my experiences, it's best to stick to your own voice.

Royalite
19-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Detlef-

My closest bro has heard voices during his lifetime. I wouldn't discredit him, as I won't discredit you. But when you look for something long enough, you'll usually find it, or at the least, an exemplary alternative. That's not to say that voice is your higher self. I don't mean to say the higher self may or may not show up as a voice, but from my experiences, it's best to stick to your own voice.

I have no voice.

I think I should elaborate. I may very well be a doer. Beyond that, i can't explain in words.

edit- Sorry duff. I didn't realize that was for Detlef.:)

duff
19-10-2010, 01:45 AM
well, i am certainly not alone.

tho I think i took the day off for these purposes.

thank God for the real world.

-d

edit:
yeah, you know.

duff
19-10-2010, 02:00 AM
That sounds confusing. Especially for a 6 yr old. Having to choose between logic and intuition. I'm guessing the real you was the one in the middle, the one whose right ear had logic whispering into it and the left ear being filled with intuition? That would be nice because then you could choose which one to use in any given moment.

Dynamist-

Sorry, i missed that. yes, yes, that's nice. hmm, i fear tomorrow.

edit:
dang... you've effectively blown my mind. perhaps perma-grin will be my undoing...

Greenslade
19-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Your Higher Self is in the Spirit realms then he/she becomes incarnate. Did I get that right?

Logic is one of those things for the 'real world', but many would say it's not so real after all. Logic is great for a realm where everything is solid - or at least appears that way. Spiritually the rules change and we can't use the same logic any more.

John32241
19-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Your Higher Self is in the Spirit realms then he/she becomes incarnate. Did I get that right?

Not exactly. The higher Self remains aware and sits in our 6th layer of DNA. The incarnation process is essentially splitting up all that we are.

Logic is one of those things for the 'real world', but many would say it's not so real after all. Logic is great for a realm where everything is solid - or at least appears that way. Spiritually the rules change and we can't use the same logic any more.

Absolutely true as I see it.

John

duff
20-10-2010, 02:27 AM
not sure what I experienced today. It's like my higher self was outside of myself in the real world. As if people were talking to themselves about myself. I've been experiencing days like this intermittently this school year. I think I have left what I consider 'normal'.

i get the feeling I am talking to myself with others.

Royalite
20-10-2010, 03:20 AM
not sure what I experienced today. It's like my higher self was outside of myself in the real world. As if people were talking to themselves about myself. I've been experiencing days like this intermittently this school year. I think I have left what I consider 'normal'.

i get the feeling I am talking to myself with others.

Hmmm...I sense you're walking on egg shells. Am I wrong?

Royalite
20-10-2010, 03:24 AM

Yeah like the Holy trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost equals One (Father (1) + Son (1) + Holy ghost (1) = 1) :D I remember that use to really trip me up as a kid. Spiritual math...lol

duff
20-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Dynamist-

As for walking on eggshells, I am striving to be true to myself, as I have all my life. I get a feeling that it matters more so now, then say, last year. But my behavior is not changing, tho I have chosen to enter a slow-motion state in the here and now. It's like people i don't know recognize me now.

But it doesn't feel like walking on eggshells. It feels more like I have the power of God behind me. don't take that the wrong way, tho, i expressed that thought correctly.

Royalite
20-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Dynamist-

As for walking on eggshells, I am striving to be true to myself, as I have all my life. I get a feeling that it matters more so now, then say, last year. But my behavior is not changing, tho I have chosen to enter a slow-motion state in the here and now. It's like people i don't know recognize me now.

But it doesn't feel like walking on eggshells. It feels more like I have the power of God behind me. don't take that the wrong way, tho, i expressed that thought correctly.

hmmm...I enjoy talking to you. Just had to put that out there.

duff
20-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Dynamist-

See, its like that. You put that out there, even here, online, but i suspect that either 'is' or 'will be' a common thought other people share. I'm not scared. I'm being patient.

And I enjoy talking to you too :P

Royalite
20-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Dynamist-

See, its like that. You put that out there, even here, online, but i suspect that either 'is' or 'will be' a common thought other people share. I'm not scared. I'm being patient.

And I enjoy talking to you too :P

Yeah, I'm wondering if that has to do with an awakening. I remember someone I use to speak to said that people would come up to them and actually tell them their life story, problems and all. :cool:

duff
20-10-2010, 04:34 AM
[just my thoughts]

On logic, logic is perfect. it is not flawed. Logic based on truth is in sync with intuition. I see intuition as a straight line, where logic takes different directions, from point to point, arriving at the same destination.

I could sum this up by saying one could arrive at God as easily with logic, as with intuition. Just different methods for different minds, I'd assume.

duff
20-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Dynamist-

I say i woke up from a dream. That sounds like it means the same thing as an awakening, but I don't wanna put myself into an 'awakened' mold.

Everything is click, click, click. Clicking into place. Locking into position. I can sense it. Honestly, not everyone in my life will come out of this better off, but most likely a better person from it in the long run. I am not thinking much about the role I am playing in this. I think I've arrived in this place unwelcome to some, perhaps the majority when all is said and done. But this doesn't concern me, as the few that appear to welcome me are simply on another level.

edit:
I must confess, when all of this is said and done, I cannot see there. Perhaps no one will be worse for wear. Nah, can't shake that, i just tried...

Greenslade
20-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Not exactly. The higher Self remains aware and sits in our 6th layer of DNA. The incarnation process is essentially splitting up all that we are.
John

Thanks John, that's a nicely 'technical' explanation for what I believe in.

Greenslade
20-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah like the Holy trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost equals One (Father (1) + Son (1) + Holy ghost (1) = 1) :D I remember that use to really trip me up as a kid. Spiritual math...lol

Thank you, that works for me.

duff
20-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I want to share for the sake of my higher self.

My long term goal is still is writing a book, Trinary, ever so subtly chronicling the next age.

If you have serious issues with any of my ideas, please share.

thanks

-d