PDA

View Full Version : Empathy and Empathic - Differences / Similarities

Lynn
04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
What is Empathy and Empathic differences.
What can one do to with Empathic Abilities ?
What is the Feeling One Has ?

The act of Empathy is being able to identify with another’s feelings. It is to be able to emotionally put one’s self into their place. To truly have Empathy though one has to have experienced something similar in one’s life. IE the death of a family member. If one has never had this experience then one does not truly Empathize with the feelings but with the words alone.

Empathic is the psychic ability to link or hear the inner mind of another. It goes deeper than just feeling the Empathy level of emotions or compassion's for another’s situation. In the Emphatic level one feels directly what the other feels.

It is said that one in Five are Psychic Emphatic s. For Children this can be a huge thing to learn to deal with . One need first and foremost understandings and compassion's.

Now the above is how I personally have come to see it and work with it. Over the year's I have come to meet so many that do not understand why when around certain people or places feel totally energized or totally drained. We are all open channels to outside forces I feel; it might just be that some are more sensitive to it all and there are ways to find peace with that.

So in this space I would like to share in discussion on what some have experienced in life, or give support to questions one's have. Remembering always we all have our ways of taking in information and dealing with the complexity of emotions.

For me being so open to everything has been a blessing and at times a curse. Funny how a song has meaning on a different level "You Dont Want Me" I so felt that way growing up. I did not want me.....

Lynn

Ivy
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I find coping with what I pick up more difficult lately...much because I am trying to come out of my shell and allow people into my life more lately.

I have a tendency to take peoples attitudes and emotions too personally, but this brings out my own issues to deal with. I'm pretty good at dealing with the minds tricks. But as I say, I'm challenging myself more at the moment, so I'm a bit sensitive.

Lynn
04-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Hello Meadows

It might just be that one is more aware of those feelings coming in as it is new and different for ye. Oh the coming out of the shell that is the hardest thing to do but when it happens trust me its worth the journey. Its like a door that slowly creeps open, suddenly ye have it full open and one is a whole new person. Be patient with it though....

If one feels that other's are opening one to face personal life issues, I would be inclined to embrace that I was getting some assistance to clear things from me. If we do not deal with taking out our own trash can we ever be open to more outward social functions?

I would say that one never looses ( or for me anyways) that place of being sensitive but one learns that it does not have to control whom one is. I had to change to keep up with the mate I choose in life, I was inwards and shy she is a social butterfly at home anyplace.

What helped me the most was Toast Master's Public Speaking. It gave me the foundations of the footings I needed to see I had something to share of value.

Walls are always up with me but I too have stepped out more, but I do find I too still need that "me" alone time.

Lynn

Niebla0007
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
At least, I found most of the people of the western world
and americans as well have a better sense of empathy
which is more linked with morality according to my former husby.
While it is not something to be expected as much in very big cities of the world,
and especially in countries like Malaysia - because if you go down helping somebody for example in an accident, you would be resposible to take care of that casualty from then on.

Michelle11
05-03-2013, 12:30 AM
I realized at one point I may have a bit of empathic abilities when I was driving past the mall one Christmas and all of a sudden felt sheer panic about getting my shopping done but realized I had already finished my shopping. It seemed clear to me that the thoughts and feelings were not mine. Though that was the only time it fell clearly distinctly not mine but I also don't try to hone the skill either. But it was a rather aha type moment for me for sure.

Ivy
05-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Hello Meadows

It might just be that one is more aware of those feelings coming in as it is new and different for ye. Oh the coming out of the shell that is the hardest thing to do but when it happens trust me its worth the journey. Its like a door that slowly creeps open, suddenly ye have it full open and one is a whole new person. Be patient with it though....

If one feels that other's are opening one to face personal life issues, I would be inclined to embrace that I was getting some assistance to clear things from me. If we do not deal with taking out our own trash can we ever be open to more outward social functions?

I would say that one never looses ( or for me anyways) that place of being sensitive but one learns that it does not have to control whom one is. I had to change to keep up with the mate I choose in life, I was inwards and shy she is a social butterfly at home anyplace.

What helped me the most was Toast Master's Public Speaking. It gave me the foundations of the footings I needed to see I had something to share of value.

Walls are always up with me but I too have stepped out more, but I do find I too still need that "me" alone time.

Lynn

I've been empathic and over-sensitive always. The reason I isolated myself for a time, was to deal with what was mine and to extracate myself from what was not.

Now, I am at peace without people in my life.

I struggle with people when they aren't very very open, because I feel more than they choose to share...and I find that uncomfortable because I have experienced genuinely dangerous situation amongst people who's external character and the inner feeling differ considerable.

But because I have experienced numerous dangerous situations, I struggle to distinguish between what I ought to listen to and what I should ignore. My fear is failing to recognise danger and meeting the consequences of such.

Belle
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm just opening up to the idea that I am an empath. Added to that I'm a somewhat shadow magnet so have a tendency to the negatives.

All of this I'm exploring at the moment, all unconfirmed.

But examples would include
- senses of being disliked from an early age, senses of being talked about - and yet behaviours might suggest otherwise.
- frequently isolating myself from others
- finding crowds somewhat awkward and confusing
- highly charged emotions as a teenager - of course could be raging hormones but my teenage years were unhappy in the extreme. I believe that I was a dumping ground (inadvertently) for my sister's lack of confidence - there were behavioural issues with her that I think were simply channelled through me for various reasons
- difficulties with a lot of personal relationships, the more I open my heart the more unhappy I would become around that said person, leading me feeling the need to reject them before they reject me

Of course, it wasn't all bad!

Latter years, in particular of late I have noticed
- ability to see energetic exchanges.
- ability to sense that someone hates me when actually again their behaviour doesn't. I suspect that I might sense this even if they are not aware of it themselves
- awareness that feelings i have aren't mine - as soon as I register that these are not mine they dissipate
- group work - where I find I get dragged down by energies (shadow magnet) which of course the shadows having left individuals leaves them feeling great and me feeling yuck
- unreasonable crying at sad things in movies / people's livees / so on
- ability to differentiate between someone saying something really nasty to me and not meaning it, and someone saying something quite innoccuous and actually meaning something quite unpleasant.

As soon as this was suggested to me, there was the lightbulb moment, when it felt as if a lot of stuff fell into place. It was as if spirit said, now was the moment for you to understand this and we can move you forwards positively but it was not the right time for you to have the full knowledge of the word.

I've started taken the time and trouble to watch my moods and feelings and try and associate them with myself or something else and then deal accordingly. Because at the moment, and always has been, very detrimental to me - and whilst it might have served a purpose (I believe everything is perfect), now is my time for sorting it.

Belle
06-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I struggle with people when they aren't very very open, because I feel more than they choose to share...and I find that uncomfortable because I have experienced genuinely dangerous situation amongst people who's external character and the inner feeling differ considerable.

I don't struggle so much with people who aren't open but when people don't match what they say and what they mean, particularly when there is an unkindness behind something that is not always apparent.

I am more relieved about the label of empathic after a lifetime of over-sensitive, reading too much into a situation, over-reacting, etc.

Whilst I'm sure I am not always correct in my reading of a situation, the amount of awkwardnesses that are explained away are endless.

Lynn
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Hello

The thing that bothers me the most is that I feel what is wrong with someone or I know that its the last time I will see them. That was the hardest thing growing up to deal with and why I would be shown such things. I understand now that its so I am prepared for what is to come, and in some case be there for the call that comes in.

Lynn

Absolutetrip
06-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Lynn,
I am a Empath and for me I feel physical ailments and issues as well as the emotions as well as changes within the earth and am sensitive to planetary shifts and moon phases and stuff.
I mean I actually get terrible pains and aches and such in my own body when I am around people with issues. Makes it hard to decide if it is my issue or not. I have had a very hard time dealing with it.

Mostly in my own home where I thought I was safe and protected. Come to find out I am wide open and I thought I had major issues going on a few weeks ago thinking I needed a ambulance and the ER and thought I was going to die. Well The next morning I walked outside to see the ambulance came for my neighbor and unbelievably so the ambulance came 3 more times that day one neighbor 5 houses down did pass on. I felt better afterwards when I learned the pains and issues were not mine.

So I do well when I am out and about but how do I go about life happily when I always have to keep asking is this my pain, my emotion ect.

What to do? I am feeling drained a lot lately as the intensity of things increase dramatically.
Peace,
Ron

Belle
07-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Lynn I'm wondering if empaths work on different levels and your empathic gift is regarding the passing of souls. A tough call, I feel for you (not empathically but it is a burden).

I've not had dramatic experiences such as Absolutetrip but my level would be similar. Emotions, earth changes, moon phases, also of late - animal energies.

I sniff malice towards me a mile off, and I am the recipient of a malice at work at the moment. It's a low level bullying but it's triggering a lot of alarms within.

It's really hard to know what is the self and what is the other.

I have a wonderful healer who works with me and says that I need to be really grounded, more than most.

The work of this, I know it's a healing role, but being empathic I see the road as being a myriad of choices with no defined way - at least I think that is empathic. I can see how one person might lean towards one way over another, or another person would prefer a different route. It feels like a myriad of different options when wanting to do something.

My mind works super overdrive. The information drives me crazy, it makes me smile and I smile at myself for the endless "stuff" there is there.

Neville
07-03-2013, 01:13 PM
I had a very good Friend , Right Here at SF as a matter of fact who was/is an empath, a very beautiful soul who was a veritable sponge for everyone else's woes, Forever the ear to listen and the shoulder to cry on.

So People would go to her and , for want of a better expression, unburden themselves of all their negativity and and go away feeling lighter of step having unloaded on to her.

She never complained. not once, so selfless was she, but the truth is, the people who unburdened their woes might just have well taken her outside and rained blows upon her, such was the build up of damaging negativity .

It is a cautionary tale. by all means feel another's energy. but please don't store it up, that way lies exhaustion.emotional and mental.

I understand that we each experience empathy to a degree but at the risk of sounding selfish, If you are still feeling the pain and anguish of the last person you came into contact with, you may not be of the best service to the next person that seeks your empathy.

I think grounding helps.

However , If you have given all there is to give of yourself, what left is there to give ? A vessel to be drunk from needs to be replenished.

Empath.. The first two letters of the word are an anagram of an important ingredient in interpersonal relationships.

I don't know what brought this on.. On some level I must have been guided to say it , while to those who knew this already, I apologize.

Suffice to say there is (if you look) an abundance of selfless love in the world and the healer needs to take good care of themselves in order to take care of others to the best of their ability. this will include the avoidance of becoming overwhelmed .

Ivy
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Lynn I'm wondering if empaths work on different levels and your empathic gift is regarding the passing of souls. A tough call, I feel for you (not empathically but it is a burden).

I've not had dramatic experiences such as Absolutetrip but my level would be similar. Emotions, earth changes, moon phases, also of late - animal energies.

I sniff malice towards me a mile off, and I am the recipient of a malice at work at the moment. It's a low level bullying but it's triggering a lot of alarms within.

It's really hard to know what is the self and what is the other.

I have a wonderful healer who works with me and says that I need to be really grounded, more than most.

The work of this, I know it's a healing role, but being empathic I see the road as being a myriad of choices with no defined way - at least I think that is empathic. I can see how one person might lean towards one way over another, or another person would prefer a different route. It feels like a myriad of different options when wanting to do something.

My mind works super overdrive. The information drives me crazy, it makes me smile and I smile at myself for the endless "stuff" there is there.

Belle, what you feel sounds very very similar to my own abilities. I do believe that empaths work on different levels too...or are sensitive to different energies. Your understanding as to why makes a lot of sense to me.

Belle
07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
I had a very good Friend , Right Here at SF as a matter of fact who was/is an empath, a very beautiful soul who was a veritable sponge for everyone else's woes, Forever the ear to listen and the shoulder to cry on.

So People would go to her and , for want of a better expression, unburden themselves of all their negativity and and go away feeling lighter of step having unloaded on to her.

She never complained. not once, so selfless was she, but the truth is, the people who unburdened their woes might just have well taken her outside and rained blows upon her, such was the build up of damaging negativity .

It is a cautionary tale. by all means feel another's energy. but please don't store it up, that way lies exhaustion.emotional and mental.

I understand that we each experience empathy to a degree but at the risk of sounding selfish, If you are still feeling the pain and anguish of the last person you came into contact with, you may not be of the best service to the next person that seeks your empathy.

I think grounding helps.

However , If you have given all there is to give of yourself, what left is there to give ? A vessel to be drunk from needs to be replenished.

Empath.. The first two letters of the word are an anagram of an important ingredient in interpersonal relationships.

I don't know what brought this on.. On some level I must have been guided to say it , while to those who knew this already, I apologize.

Suffice to say there is (if you look) an abundance of selfless love in the world and the healer needs to take good care of themselves in order to take care of others to the best of their ability. this will include the avoidance of becoming overwhelmed .

So this is a different energetic of emapth - one which occurs in speaking. We have Lynn who is picking up on energies who are about to pass, Neville who is referring to people who give themselves in talking (or receive via talking) and then the me who senses a vibrational energy - from afar or in an inoccuous email or something.

I guess for me, because I have just picked up on it in the last month, it's a big big box of curiousity and there is a lot of sifting thru in this so apologies for a lot of thinking out loud.

But yes, Neville, for a long long time, I've been very very selective about whom I spend my time with. My public is somewhat disappointed (I hope!) And just as I can choose to manage physical energies - my journey at the moment is about choosing to manage the more subtle energies that seem to invade oh so easily.

And Neville: I have to discern from the joy to the less cheery energies as well - I don't know if your friend only got the difficult energies or if she succumbed to the same onslaught from cheery thoughts. For example - at the moment I am gloriously happy having booked not one, but two holidays for the next few months. But just as I filter through whether the feeling I am experiencing is mine for the glum - I have to do the same for the happier ones. It sounds terrifically tedious but it's really not that onerous as they (the energies) seem to identify pretty quickly.

But it's strange to consider that all your thoughts / feelings - etc - you wonder were they yours or not. And that's a lot to get your head round. I can take charge of the future and the past is the past.

Neville
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM
But it's strange to consider that all your thoughts / feelings - etc - you wonder were they yours or not. And that's a lot to get your head round .
Absolutely, this is a very broad subject matter that clearly incorporates channeling along with creativity and really good eureka type ideas (flashes of inspiration).:smile:

Saggi
07-03-2013, 06:49 PM
The thing with empathy is it’s mostly misunderstood and feared

It’s become more substantial nowadays, corporations highlighting that their employees use empathy when they actually are dealing with people, which actually just amounts to people not being a number anymore

Compassion, is more based on that than empathy, it’s almost like using empathy they become new agey and more accepted,,, Is that a judgement? Meh!

Empathy, on a spiritual level, is being described within this post and is actually showing it to be a beautiful gift, once the personal hurdles are overcome, or even at least lived with,,,

Being an empath is about being a channel, having the ability to recognise someone else’s feelings through your own body, which alongside healing can be really beneficial.

If you look on it more as helping you to raise your awareness regarding other people, rather than feeling it and keeping a hold of these feelings, it’s much easier to recognise if in fact you’re have a pooey day or if it’s someone else’s feelings or indeed projections,,,

As Lynn stated, ground and looking after yourself is up most

If the EM part of empathy is about the opposite of ME, then look at it as yourpath, as in theirs, just with me, as in you, just being aware

There are many threads on here that can be used as a support, Your current mood, mini readings, to name two

It doesn't matter if you offload onto them, it will only reach who it’s meant to.

It also acts as excellent confirmation for you to sit back and say, Woah, that wasn't mine, or even it was and on this realisation, you can deal with it.

I kept a diary and started it every morning with how I felt, some days I wrote pages and pages and came to realise what was mine and what was someone else's

Getting to know you is what is most important and at times through feeling is the only way to do it, so get to know them

You will love your gift

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Lynn
07-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Hello Belle

Is it on a different level of vibration yes but it is always still me that holds the controls. I struggled with it greatly as a child and more so as a teen, but too I embrace now fully that without those struggles I would not know what I do today. I have come to accept its the path I am on and to be on and that is fine. I am ok with it all as I have one's that I can talk to about it all now.

What bothered me was when me eldest Son came to me with a vision he had at the age of 4 of a very brutal event to find out it was real. I was like no, this is not fair that he will have to struggle. It would seem he came in with the understandings on whom he was on that level as he is fine with it all totally. Understands that there is a reason for the abilities and that they can be used for positiveness things.

The Moon effects me....and now I do work around that with a meditation on the Full and New Moons. I have come to understand the power in crystals as have my kids.

I took my Reiki and I got my Master/Teacher Level yet I had always been able to do energy healing work and know things. What the Reiki did for me was more on a personal level. Every Psychic that would read for me (that was good) would say I felt "Pulled in two" as I am equal as a Medium and Psychic and usually one path is choosen not both as they are different in vibrations.

Adding the Reiki put that balance line of Ying and Yang in me and I feel more balanced to other's. It has helped me be a bit more emotionally open to. I now do work with those in Hospice Care at times. Being that I can see those around the one to go over I can at times bring in some peace.

Grounding is important but too we need to be free to wonder. So I make sure that part me is well grounded on the Charkira levels but not all of me.

Lynn

Lynn
07-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Hello Neville

Thank you so much for what one put forth. Its true one's have to work in that place of balance and know that we can not save the World. We have to always make that times for the "self" to have that balance and find that down time. We too also need someone to talk to about things we take on but it helps if it is someone that is part of our Soul Family that can read us. I am blessed to have a few in that circle that if I feel off the IM or phone lights up with "ok out with it whats wrong".

I remember that it was ye Neville that was the first to welcome me to SF many a Moon ago now and too worry on me some being that I was so open to other's energies. Yes. I have at times to learn that I take on too much and that I need that reminder but too its all good.

We can all burn out that LIGHT is not an eternal flame.....its good to have the personal reminder there. Neville as always ye are a gift of that LIGHT.....

Lynn

figaromelting
07-03-2013, 08:33 PM
What is Empathy and Empathic differences.
What can one do to with Empathic Abilities ?
What is the Feeling One Has ?

The act of Empathy is being able to identify with another’s feelings. It is to be able to emotionally put one’s self into their place. To truly have Empathy though one has to have experienced something similar in one’s life. IE the death of a family member. If one has never had this experience then one does not truly Empathize with the feelings but with the words alone.

Empathic is the psychic ability to link or hear the inner mind of another. It goes deeper than just feeling the Empathy level of emotions or compassion's for another’s situation. In the Emphatic level one feels directly what the other feels.

It is said that one in Five are Psychic Emphatic s. For Children this can be a huge thing to learn to deal with . One need first and foremost understandings and compassion's.

Now the above is how I personally have come to see it and work with it. Over the year's I have come to meet so many that do not understand why when around certain people or places feel totally energized or totally drained. We are all open channels to outside forces I feel; it might just be that some are more sensitive to it all and there are ways to find peace with that.

So in this space I would like to share in discussion on what some have experienced in life, or give support to questions one's have. Remembering always we all have our ways of taking in information and dealing with the complexity of emotions.

For me being so open to everything has been a blessing and at times a curse. Funny how a song has meaning on a different level "You Dont Want Me" I so felt that way growing up. I did not want me.....

Lynn

I agree with all that has been said. I am an empath and really getting to know myself, learning to really like who I am and not care what people think of me has helped me so much. I know now, when is the right time to use my empathy and when not to and I have also created a lot of balance in my life. In knowing myself I realise I am a very positive person so if I feel other things I know straight away it is not from me and then I can identify where it is coming from so I can understand it better. Also, I know now not to give people too much unless it is the right environment, that is why I am going to study to be a nurse because it will be useful and people won't take advantage because of course being an empath you do have to stand your ground because if you can have empathy but be tough and strong too, you have created the perfect balance for yourself and others and people will be drawn to you even more, but they will be aware of your boundaries.

It's important to be in an environment where you can flourish.

Belle
07-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Much kindnesses in this thread to which I'm grateful.

In understanding what one is, it is like the cage door is opened. It's a big world out there but will ultimately be liberating.

It's important to be in an environment where you can flourish.

Indeed. And in knowing thyself one can flourish.

How lucky am I to know people here who have gone before - and with humour.

How lucky am I to have red wine to drink :-)

rayosunshine
12-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks for posting this topic...

I understand how being sensitive to those around us, the energies around us which = empathy is draining

if an empathic individual does not properly protect themselves by placing a bubble of protection around them or properly grounding themselves another entity, person can drain the energy out of them

I equate it to our positive energy being sucked off by energy vampires when trying to explain it to others, that in being so positive which I believe many empaths are... negative energies are attracted to us in huge amounts

In order to keep balance the negative energies should not be able to drain our positive energy to a point where we are drained or attach their negativity on us and skip off which is how I visualize "Energy Vampires"

Light to you all

rayosunshine

missrachel300
12-03-2013, 06:31 AM
This is a super important topic. It can be so hard dealing with empathic abilities. Depending on how you pick up others energy and what kind. I have many such traits and it was often detrimental to me as I was growing up.

I did a LOT of internal work and can now regulate my emotions in a much healthier way. I can now see my abilities as a gift. Developing healthy boundaries is paramount! Its important to imbibe yourself with positive energy (this may also mean being alone, to contemplate with your spirit :))

Belle
12-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I confess to being slightly confused between being a shadow magnet - ie being a type of person where all negative energies come hurling towards you - leaving someone else joyous and you depleted. And then there is empath where you feel alongside someone else. Or the energy vampires who suck our energy?

All slightly different but it is hard to establish which is which?

missrachel300
12-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I confess to being slightly confused between being a shadow magnet - ie being a type of person where all negative energies come hurling towards you - leaving someone else joyous and you depleted. And then there is empath where you feel alongside someone else. Or the energy vampires who suck our energy?

I see energy vampires as people who use you... at your expense. While exchanging energy, one person may suck up all the positive energy they can get, while often times not recognizing it and failing to return positive energy back to you. (You dont have to be an empath to encounter this, but I believe it more severely/negatively effects empaths)

Then sometimes you run into people who are just really negative and its kinda infectious. They just make you feel bad.

I consider both to be shadowy characters.

Dunno if that helped...

I believe some people(empaths) attract/absorb/tune in to more negative energy than others... I deal with a lot of negative energy. You have to learn how to transmute it... or get away from it. :icon_eek:

in progress
12-03-2013, 10:44 AM

For the record, I don't consider myself as having empathic abilities.

Being a shadow "magnet" you are saying you attract energies to you. Does this mean you are a sort of psychic vampire too when you do this?! Just like you think the others are energy vampires drawing from you? I would think there has to be some sort of unconscious agreement going on for this to happen. It's a weird thought though. Back to that duality thing.

Is exchanging energies the same as sensing energies like an empath would? This is what you're asking. Is being an empath merely being able to resonate with someone else without an energy exchange? I know there are psychics who can see energy exchange. I wonder what they would say.

missrachel300
12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
For the record, I don't consider myself as having empathic abilities.

Being a shadow "magnet" you are saying you attract energies to you. Does this mean you are a sort of psychic vampire too when you do this?! Just like you think the others are energy vampires drawing from you? I would think there has to be some sort of unconscious agreement going on for this to happen. It's a weird thought though. Back to that duality thing.

Is exchanging energies the same as sensing energies like an empath would? This is what you're asking. Is being an empath merely being able to resonate with someone else without an energy exchange? I know there are psychics who can see energy exchange. I wonder what they would say.

I'm confused by all this confusion. Lol.

I think everyone attracts (or repels) energy and everyone exchanges energy.

I think poor energy exchange is not due to an unconscious agreement, but more of a lack of awareness in their consciousness.
I often feel like many people are unaware of how they unfairly use others... and many are unaware of being unfairly used by another.

Empaths are like sponges. They lack boundaries... for lack of a better explanation.
Or, its like they have built in antennas that pick up emotional frequencies around them.

in progress
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
but more of a lack of awareness in their consciousness.
Oooh, I like that.

Belle
12-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm confused as well but i think part of the problem is there are overlaps.

I agree - that an empath resonates. No energy exchange.

Shadow magnet - energy exchange. But I wouldn't describe as such as psychic vampire (I don't like that expression). With a vampire, positive energies are being taken.

I don't think everyone attracts / repels energies.

I think some people have a natural knack for boundaries. Others don't.

I would say I have seen energetic exchanges - there are a few occasions that I can think of. Not all involving me. I remember one notable one - a friend would say how he hated another person leaping upon him when he walked in the door. A day later, I watched him walk through the door and the energetic exchange summoned the other to leap upon him. It went down very badly when I said what I saw! Suffice to say we don't always act / behave according to what energy we are giving out.

The issue of duality is really interesting and helpful. It's an angle I hadn't thought of. It swings the dynamic from being a victim to being able to take charge. Very empowering!

missrachel300
12-03-2013, 12:43 PM

What do you consider to be energy?

I view everything as energy, and the attraction and repulsion is part of how nature operates. I don't think we control it, per se.

Belle
12-03-2013, 12:52 PM
What do you consider to be energy?

I view everything as energy, and the attraction and repulsion is part of how nature operates. I don't think we control it, per se.

Well after a conversation with my boss, he was absolutely in his own space and did not play with my energy. He wasn't repelling it, he wasn't playing with it.

But, what is energy - that is a different thread altogether.

Ivy
12-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm confused as well but i think part of the problem is there are overlaps.

I agree - that an empath resonates. No energy exchange.

Shadow magnet - energy exchange. But I wouldn't describe as such as psychic vampire (I don't like that expression). With a vampire, positive energies are being taken.

I think some people have a natural knack for boundaries. Others don't.

I would say I have seen energetic exchanges - there are a few occasions that I can think of. Not all involving me. I remember one notable one - a friend would say how he hated another person leaping upon him when he walked in the door. A day later, I watched him walk through the door and the energetic exchange summoned the other to leap upon him. It went down very badly when I said what I saw! Suffice to say we don't always act / behave according to what energy we are giving out.

The issue of duality is really interesting and helpful. It's an angle I hadn't thought of. It swings the dynamic from being a victim to being able to take charge. Very empowering!

I've seen energy exchanges for a lot of years, and I've never seen any where there isn't a willingness on both sides. And these exchanges seem to come from a need in the people they involve.

So if you find yourself attracting energies, it's helpful to look within at why...or at what your need for those energies is.

Belle
12-03-2013, 02:01 PM
I've seen energy exchanges for a lot of years, and I've never seen any where there isn't a willingness on both sides. And these exchanges seem to come from a need in the people they involve.

So if you find yourself attracting energies, it's helpful to look within at why...or at what your need for those energies is.

INterestingly, I have just been confirmed as a martyr achetype - that will throw up major negative words in people's minds I expect and it is something I need to look into.

I think I may have healed a past life whereby I was "martyred". And I expect the continuum of such pattern was showing me what needed to be healed. Or, quite simply, it was a role that I had agreed to take on. But I truly hope no more.

But we have got away from empath. Empath and martyr to me do not correlate.

CrystalSong
12-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Absolutetrip,
I'm in the same place as you in my journey as an empath. It's is only in the last 6 months I've realized that not all the emotions are inside me. In fact very few of them are.
It was in becoming a Healer that I realized for a fact I was an Empath as after I would be finished with a client and they would be driving away I would feel strong emotions of gratitude, relief, love and pervasive peace. It was then easy to realize it was the clients responce to the treatment.
If I do not cut cords after working on someone I will recieve any physcical pains they still may have. The same is true for peoples pets I've petted. If they have artritis, my joints will hurt, and upset tummy, mine begins to ache. On a few occasions I could feel what they felt when their owner of someone else was petting them.

It just goes to show we are all really ONE.
Put that's a bit impractical since many people feel negitive emotions and are in bad health. So how do we Empaths protect ourselves without having to deny a unique talent which could have much good come from it?

* Shielding is a big one of course.
* I also use a few types of stone which help with shielding, worn as jewelery.
* Cutting cords.
* Staying in an emotional nuetral state and also an Observer state helps creatly for knowing pain/emotion is not mine. The Observer state then allows one to simply observe it in a way in which it passes through and beyond and it is easier to determine if assistance can be rendered or not.
* Daily grounding helps to seperate teh signals and not get emotionally whammied by others incoming emotions/energy signals

I'm told by other empaths that it is possible to have others emotions and such play on the screen of one's own arua and thus feel the emotions outside one's self a few feet away and not internally. I've experienced this only once and the emotions were in the air about 8 inches away from me, the person feeling them was many miles away. I noted the time and asked the person what had happened to them at such and such time and was able to verify the time and exact emotion. They had expereinced it stronger tho than it had come to me.

It could be that manner of having the emotions stop in the aura but before entering the body is what we need to learn to develop to be Empaths who have control on incoming energy waves.

Being drained:
* First cut cords to any and all people, this claims your own energy field back.
* Cleanse and purify your auric and etheric fields. Smudge, sage, use crystals, light a candle whatever, the tools don't matter the INTENTION is what changes the energergy charge from negitive to positive.
* Do deep breathing, long and slow breaths. On each inhale visualize pulling in the energy in the air around you, or pull it down from the cosmos into your crown charka, or up from Mother Earth through your bottom chakra's. Do as many breaths as you need to in order to re-energize your cells. If I've been energy drained for some reason I will usually intake energy until my ears start to lightly pop, then stop. I discovered this from a Reiki practitioner who filled me up to that point. I later confirmed it as an 'energy full' signal in working with clients.
* You can also use Orgone Generators to refill your energy (I have about 6 in my bedroom!) they also keep all the energy in their area of influence positively charged which is very helpful for Empaths. I carry one in my purse also for when being out in public. Animals, particulalry cats can tell the different and are attracted to this positively energy staterated field.
* Certain stones like Amazonite do a simular service, tho not as multi-spectrum as an Orgone generator. Quartz crystal can be programmed to do it also. Orgone generators have them inside them and they recycle all charged energy tranmuting it all to positively charged.
* Asking Guides and Angels to help you recognize incoming energies from others as being from others is helpful too.

Cheers!

missrachel300
12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks for those tips, Crystal song.

Learning to detach from all those emotions can be ever so helpful.
And its important to not internalize negativity.
Sometimes its all to easy to get pulled into the undertow.
Seclusion, cats, and prayer are favorite practices of mine, lol.

in progress
12-03-2013, 04:13 PM

I totally agree with this even though I can't see energies. There has to be some kind of agreement or resonance or some such thing.

It's reflecting back something within. So you have to ask yourself how this is benefiting you? What is it teaching you? Appreciate from this POV then it will have served its purpose. You are then seeing it from the viewpoint of co-creator and not as victim.

Lynn
12-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Hello

It might well help to open to what is a Psychic Vampire and thoughts on how they work. Not all that energy drain another I feel are aware they do that its at times simply a case of not knowing how to ground and protect one's own energies is all.

What is a Psychic Vampire ?

The name Psychic Vampire is given to a person that is perceived to take our energies . It may not be obvious at first one is being drained or for some not understood one is being drained. Like the physical Vampire they work on much the same principal its an attack and it takes energy from one. Just not in the form of blood is all.

How to detect this is not always easy. One will fill tired (drained) , one might notice the drain is more obvious when your in the company of the one you think might be the Vampire. Some trains of thought go to this only being possible is the one being the victim of a Psychic Vampire has in some way let them in to be able to connect to them . This can be done by simply letting one’s protections down or feeling at ease in a situation and not sensing the energy of the other. Or letting them in purposely not seeing what they truly want.

The Psychic Vampire will target most often is a person that has trouble with saying NO or is more open to persuasions or more easily lead or trusting. There is a connection created that is not seen but is made in energy that binds one to the other.

How To Stop the Psychic Vampire Drain

If you suspect that you have become a victim your must become clear on that you have a role is this. You have to accept the attack happened but make sure that you truly want it to stop. In meditation make a statement like “My energy is mine and mine alone, no one can take that energy from me. I claim it as mine alone.” Now visualize the tie that binds you to the other. Visualize that tie being taken apart thread by thread. This might take several meditations to fully end the ties. Make sure that your clear in thought that this will end. When you feel this is clear from you then one will feel new energies flow back in. Make sure to forgive yourself for this happening and accept you did not wrong. Bless and forgive the one that did this to you and yourself. ( use a blessing that fits with your faith).

Forgiveness is very important. This will weaken the one doing the acts on others.

Ivy
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
It's reflecting back something within. So you have to ask yourself how this is benefiting you? What is it teaching you? Appreciate from this POV then it will have served its purpose. You are then seeing it from the viewpoint of co-creator and not as victim.

If you suspect that you have become a victim...Forgiveness is very important. This will weaken the one doing the acts on others.

Each to their own...and each has reason to follow the belief they do. But in one way there is a victim of an act being done 'to' them by others...and in the other there is mutual responsibility and lessons to be learned.

skeptical
16-03-2013, 03:10 AM
I was born an aware empath, and I first became aware that most others were not when I was about 2 years old. I always knew I could feel the emotions and energy of those around me, so most times I was fairly clear what was mine and what was not. When I was younger and for most of my life, I had filters that toned things down and kept me from being overwhelmed.

Later, I no longer needed them and they were discarded. I simply feel it all, let it flow through me and don't fight it. Since then, so many new abilities have opened as a result, all welcome. I accept full responsibility for me and what happens to me; I choose when to guide and help and when not to, when to focus on me, I follow my path and let it unfold. There is great joy in all of this...

The keys are to not fight yourself with what you think should be and to be responsible for you. Without those struggles, this gift is truly wonderful and amazing.

missrachel300
16-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I was born an aware empath, and I first became aware that most others were not when I was about 2 years old. I always knew I could feel the emotions and energy of those around me, so most times I was fairly clear what was mine and what was not. When I was younger and for most of my life, I had filters that toned things down and kept me from being overwhelmed.

Later, I no longer needed them and they were discarded. I simply feel it all, let it flow through me and don't fight it. Since then, so many new abilities have opened as a result, all welcome.

Lucky Duck! :icon_wink:
:duckie:

What kind of abilities opened up to you? If you don't mind me asking.

skeptical
17-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Lucky Duck! :icon_wink:
:duckie:

What kind of abilities opened up to you? If you don't mind me asking.

Oh where do I begin? Everything from sharing the realities of others literally as they experience it to seeing time/space flow to being able to reach into the future for information, to energy flows that are lazor hot to being able to sense emotions in auras as an alternate to feeling them directly (that one is fairly new)...the list goes on and more continues to open all the time.

I consider them all aspects of the same source, and they are infinite so no two people have the same set of ability. But we all can keep opening more and discovering more of what we can do.

missrachel300
17-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Oh where do I begin? Everything from sharing the realities of others literally as they experience it to seeing time/space flow to being able to reach into the future for information, to energy flows that are lazor hot to being able to sense emotions in auras as an alternate to feeling them directly (that one is fairly new)...the list goes on and more continues to open all the time.

I consider them all aspects of the same source, and they are infinite so no two people have the same set of ability. But we all can keep opening more and discovering more of what we can do.

Very cool. May your gifts continue to grow. :smile:

CrystalSong
17-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Skeptical I've noticed a connection between getting a new gift/talent and accepting, embracing and playing with it and it then opening to another gift, whereas not liking a gift or being freaked out by it can actually cause it to go away and another gift not come for a long time.

It also seems many gift are connected to each other, one is a starting point which if accepted and embraced then leads to higher versions of the gift. Remote viewing was like this for me, it lead to several other far seeing abilities and even moving my Consciousness between the realms.

skeptical
17-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Skeptical I've noticed a connection between getting a new gift/talent and accepting, embracing and playing with it and it then opening to another gift, whereas not liking a gift or being freaked out by it can actually cause it to go away and another gift not come for a long time.

It also seems many gift are connected to each other, one is a starting point which if accepted and embraced then leads to higher versions of the gift. Remote viewing was like this for me, it lead to several other far seeing abilities and even moving my Consciousness between the realms.Exactly, it's what I've noticed too.

Belle
17-03-2013, 10:09 PM

It also seems many gift are connected to each other, one is a starting point which if accepted and embraced then leads to higher versions of the gift. Remote viewing was like this for me, it lead to several other far seeing abilities and even moving my Consciousness between the realms.

Not so sure, I think it's all about timing and if you are meant to have something then it will re-present itself to you again and again and again - in various forms.

For me, the empath stuff, it's something I was born with but the awakening really only happened a month or two ago, even tho I was aware that I had a heightened sense I never really connected up with it. But a lack of awareness didn't make it go away.

Now I am aware, I can harness it for a greater good. I hope.

CrystalSong
18-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, I understand what you are saying Belle, like you even before Awakening I had several gifts. Precognitionous dreams, and a Certain Knowing when traveling in third world countries that allowed me to know when someone nearby had ill-intent for me. I avoided many a scam, pick-pocket, muggers and even dodged a couple bullets with the Knowing. Also could occasionally perceive dark energy pockets and know what had caused them. Like trauma pockets left when animals were killed on the highways.
They were random pre-awakening - just sudden little tid-bits of Knowledge.

Post awakening however, I know how to stay in a higher state of awareness and the gifts have multiplied greatly, many new ones opened up and the random firing of talents isn't so random now by more consciously allowed.

skeptical
19-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Each to their own...and each has reason to follow the belief they do. But in one way there is a victim of an act being done 'to' them by others...and in the other there is mutual responsibility and lessons to be learned.
This...and this:
The keys are to not fight yourself with what you think should be and to be responsible for you. Without those struggles, this gift is truly wonderful and amazing.

Restraining what you can do impedes the flow, not trusting in yourself. When you do trust fully, you know that harm can be healed and that you are fine. You no longer need protection for you are not a victim. Trust yourself fully, trust in your full being.