PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is channeling?

korryn92
21-02-2013, 04:22 AM
I have heard of channeling on many different occasions like in this forum, TV shows, reading material etc.

I have never known the exact meaning of channeling though. My understanding is that it is a way of talking to spirits or deities.

I am not sure if this is a correct definition or not. I have heard of people having the skill of controlled physical channeling (if that is what its called lol) when the spirit takes over the body and speaks directly through the mouth the of person. I am guessing that automatic writing is a type of channeling too.

But my main question about wanting to know more is a person simply having a conversation with an entity considered channeling? Or is it only considered channeling when the person has this conversation then passes information on to another person?

I am just curious and was wanting a better understanding of this skill/ability.

Thank you for your responses in advance! :D

Nameless
21-02-2013, 12:47 PM
My opinion is that channeling is anyone here connecting to anyone not here. If you think of yourself as a tuner and you can pick up different "channels" on your tuner, that is channeling. Picking up nonphysical beings on your radio station :).

However, you can also channel your Higher Self, who is focused in the nonphysical realm (for lack of a better word) and you can channel your inner self, who is focused in physical with you - some might call it Soul Self. So you can tune in to yourself as well.

dimslav09
22-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Channeling

Channeling is a phenomenon, process, during which human being is going beyond his usual consciousness, is making himself free from the conventions of his consciousness and commonly accepted consciousness and by connecting to consciousness of other beings, transmits information verbally, making it available to many people who themselves could not do channeling.

Channeling, as widely phenomenon, flow, appeared recently, about fifteen years ago, although, of course, there were always people with such abilities.

Now more and more people with these abilities appear, the flow expands, and very quickly.

This phenomenon is related with the processes that are going now on Earth, and not only on Earth, and is a very powerful tool - both for people as a means of comprehension of reality, and for spiritual forces - as a means of communication.

But this is a temporary equipment and temporary phenomenon, because soon it will stop to be isolated phenomenon, but will be a natural state for many people. Temporarily this is called channeling or channel.

MU!!
23-02-2013, 09:10 PM
You can find the answer for yourself but don't start by examining non-evidential people and entities. Start with physical mediumship specifically Independent Direct Voice. That is, listen to the spirits talk in conversation with humans about the spirit world.

Here's a start.

www.leslieflint.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/www.leslieflint.com)

Once you wrap your head around the evidence for survival of death, the afterlife and the eternal existence of the ethereal realms, then you can fall back and understand what channeling is...and is not.

Neville
24-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I have been trying to come up with ways to demystify channeling, break it down into understandable laymans terms . However my articulatory skills desert me, so I 'll write and you can piece together the message with relative ease.

Firstly the Brain is a transmitter and a receiver, all micro electrics , synapses neurons and other technical stuff I do not understand properly.

All things have a vibration or frequency or wave.

The Brain operates at varying frequencies. There is one called Theta that you get to as you are dropping off to sleep , dreaming, and just before waking up.

Some people when they are dropping off to sleep hear noises, voices and the like, In some cases they sound so real and close that the person wakes up fully to go and investigate the noise or voice , only to find no physical source for the sound. This is called non proximal hearing and means that you have been tuned into Theta Brain Frequency a frequency that enables you to see hear and feel things that are not in your physical vicinity.

Mediums and channeler's get into this mind set by replicating the deep relaxation of dropping off to sleep (without falling into deep sleep) through practicing meditation, This is why spiritualist circles practice meditation in the development of mediumship.

Anyone, with patience and practice can develop the ability to get messages from a non physical source in my opinion.

This is my understanding of this matter.:smile:

WhiteWarrior
25-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I have spent some time with several channelers and have found it to be not as much a talent as a vulnerability. Speaking as an observer:

The basis of channeling is a gate to the spirit world, set within the channeler's energy fields. This gate goes both ways; it allows the channeler to reach out to the other side, but also attracts spirits like a lit window in a world of darkness. Some channelers have a small gate and good control over it. Others have a big gate, and fight daily battles to keep it under control. Ideally the channeler can open and close this gate at will, and gets help to guard it from one or more gatekeepers. The gatekeepers are spirits, usually the channeler's guides who do this as part of their job or spirits who are dedicated to this task alone. However, it is my experience that the pressure from the other side can range from none to a massive continous inflow of spirits who seek various things: ghosts who wish help in some way so they can go to the other side, roaming spirits who merely see an opportunity to say hi and have taste of the physical world through the channeler's body, other people's guides and other spirits who need help to communicate with someone, and unfortunately there are also many negative spirits who will jump at the opportunity to enter any body and stay until they get thrown out, having what fun they get the chance to take. The latter are the kind most likely to try and fight down a gate's defenses against the channelers wish.

As I said, there are levels of channeling. In fully conscious, well controlled channeling the channeler has a normal dialogue with the spirit, with his voice replying to the spirit's voice he hears in his mind. I have listened to this many times as I asked a spirit something and the channeler told me of the reply. But I have just as often heard the channeler's normal voice go away and be replaced by the spirit's voice, who often is noticeably different in intonation and depth, choice of words and accent. At times the visiting spirits are there by pure chance and don't even speak the language the channeler's knows, so instead the channeler's mouth spouts fluent sentences in languages they don't normally know a word in. I have experienced this a number of times. This state of having the spirit take over the channeler's mouth and body is an intrusive one, and the more bossy or mean spirited ones do not ask before taking over. It happens in just an instant, too - even midsentence. Some times the channeler knows what was said afterwards, other times he/she 'goes to a quiet corner of the mind' and waits until the spirit is done. An aggressive spirit might simply shove the channeler away. I have witnessed this some times now and it is both unpleasant and unnerving. In the worst cases the channeler went to the astral planes and had trouble returning to the body.

There are other ways to channel, too. Some receive texts to their mind like it was a faxed message, and find themselves sitting down and writing long pages of words that aren't theirs. Automatic writing is the word-by-word version of this.

The channeling method I have observed most beside talking with them and the spirits by voice, is online chat. Again I divide between the channeler relaying the communication by writing the spirit's answer down as they hear them, or giving short versions of what they are told, and when the channeler's body is taken over so the spirit types directly with me. To me it seems the channeler merely relaxes for a few moments before entering the channeling state.

I have yet to see a channeler spend more than a minute or two to reach the channeling state, and often it happens within seconds.

--------------

To speak with your own guides is a specialiced form of channeling which many can do; you are much closer with them than with any other spirits. In my opinion this does not make you a channeler or medium as there is no gate involved. They are right there with you.