PDA

View Full Version : Yoga for healing

divinejoy916
18-02-2013, 05:13 AM
I've been depressed and stuck lately, just laying around, hopeless that nothing will make me feel better and kept recieving gudiance to do yoga. Ignored it, its not going to work. Finally I do it and it felt amazing! (I have a dvd) I could feel powerful healing energy throughout the day. How does yoga do that, why is it so healing? it was the ONLY thing that worked for me!

Belle
18-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure how it works but I do find it is amazing - make sure you work the whole cycle of yoga tho - the breath, the physical, the mind work, the relaxation - and so on. In the west we typically focus on the exercise which is indeed stretching, invigorating and helps still the mind, but there are so many nuances and aspects to it that we don't have time to explore as a rule.

Adler99
18-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Obviously it plays a very important role in our mood,Physical activities change our mood completely.
That is why when we feel stressed or depressed doctor recommend us to do any kind of activities which change our focus and do something which makes us physically strong.

HarmonyWithTheUniverse
29-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I believe that just the deep breathing itself is a big part of why it helps us feel better. I have always been a shallow breather and never had taken air in to that deep of a level in my body until yoga. I believe we starve our cells for oxygen when we breathe shallow, therefore once we begin breathing more deeply, I believe we bring those cells back to life. Also, I believe in yoga we are realigning with the oneness of the universe and therefore feeling oneness with all-the way nature intended:smile: With yoga we are also allowing space which clears the mind to allow a time frame of peace of mind. Glad you are noticing a difference and feeling better!

divinejoy916
07-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Harmonywithuniverse, that makes so much sense. I realize I breathe pretty shallow most of the time too, and it feels so much better and makes sense to breathe more deeply. Will make more effort to this throughout the day other than in yoga :wink: . Thanks!