PDA

View Full Version : Who here thinks green Tea is extremely calming

Spiritlite
16-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I have an anxiety disorder and am on meds for it. Recently I've been drawn to drinking green tea, and when I say drinking I drink a whole load at a time, maybe about .75liters of it and I find that for the rest of the day I'm so calm that at times I don't need my meds for anxiety.
I know green tea has Thiamine in it that is the relaxing agent. I just want to hear if anyone else has had this effect.
Spiritlite
:tongue:

Gerryh
29-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Careful about your blood pressure lowering too much from Green tea.Friend of mine had a stroke from too much green tea.Otherwise it is very healthy for you.

LightFilledHeart
29-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Is green tea naturally caffeine free?? I have had it both ways.
What is in it that lowers blood pressure to dangerously low levels? I had not heard that. Thanks in advance for your answer! :hug2:

BlueSky
29-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I have an anxiety disorder and am on meds for it. Recently I've been drawn to drinking green tea, and when I say drinking I drink a whole load at a time, maybe about .75liters of it and I find that for the rest of the day I'm so calm that at times I don't need my meds for anxiety.
I know green tea has Thiamine in it that is the relaxing agent. I just want to hear if anyone else has had this effect.
Spiritlite

I drink alot of green tea and I am pretty calm but I haven't made that connection.
I just wanted to note, in case you didn't know, that milk negates the effects of green tea so it is best to drink it "green".
James

Spiritlite
29-10-2010, 03:51 PM
yeah I don't put milk in my tea thanks WhiteShaman.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
29-10-2010, 09:02 PM
There is L-Theanine (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FTheanine) in Green Tea

You can buy L-Theanine by itself in capsules as I used to take it.

Spiritlite
29-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah I take l theanine too and it really seems to help.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
29-10-2010, 11:28 PM
It's helped me for quite some time - I've pretty much tried it all: Valerian (and one year I had been so distraught that I took 6 caps. a day and it didn't do me any good in relaxing me), Passionflower (only at night), Melatonin (again only at night), L-Theanine (day and night was ok for me)...but I'm finding that Ashwagandha helps me the most because it helps me get very good sleep.

Spiritlite
29-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Ashwagandha huh okay is that a herb?
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
29-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Yes it is.

I got it to help with my CFS

Reducing Inflammation – According to a study published in the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, ashwagandha inhibits inflammation in animals, and many herbalists believe the plant may have the same effect on humans. Ashwagandha is often used to treat arthritis and other chronic inflammatory diseases.
Treating Stress and Anxiety – Because the herb is a calming adaptogen, it's frequently used as a natural treatment for anxiety, stress and stress-related ulcers, and insomnia caused by stress or anxiety.
Treating Exhaustion – The ashwagandha herb is a popular choice for individuals suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and exhaustion.
Increasing Weight – A study published in the Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Siddha performed on underweight children found that body weight and red blood cell count improved significantly after patients took the herb for 60 days.
Improving Immunity – Ashwagandha has been shown to stimulate the activation of immune system cells such as lymphocytes in a study published in Phytomedicine in 1994. Herbalists often prescribe the herb for individuals suffering from infections or weak immunity.Other traditional ashwagandha benefits include preventing cancer, treating senile dementia, enhancing sexual function in men, increasing fertility, inducing sleep and enhancing physical performance in sports, although all evidence is anecdotal and no supporting scientific studies exists to support these claims. The plant's leaves and bark are also sometimes applied externally to sores and swollen, inflamed skin.

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow thankyou for this so much
Spiritlite.

BlueSky
30-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Yes, thanks Kap! I didn't know most of that.

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Kap do you take it as a tea, tincture or pill? And how much do you take to help you sleep, is it something that works immediately or does it have to be in your body for a while?
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Just bought some Ashagandh!!!
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
30-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I take the NSI Ashwagandha extract - capsule (from Vitacost).

It's 470 mg. per capsule. It doesn't seem to take too long to have an effect on me to help me sleep.

Spiritlite
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Yep I have the Vitacost brand too.
My husband loves it it really relaxes him and helps him to sleep
Thanks Kapitan you're a life saver
Spiritlite

Kapitan_Prien
05-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Sure thing. *wink*

I also like Lucky Vitamin too - they're another great low cost health store to shop from online. If Vitacost doesn't have it, Lucky Vitamin may have it.

I wouldn't be able to survive without discount stores!

Spiritlite
05-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Yeah I'm too impatient plus I usually trust my coop to have good brands :)
I know I spelt it wrong LOL I'll get the hang of it.
My husband is also taking it and he says he feels so much better lately like he's more in control of his emotions and much more relaxed.
Thanks Kapitan.
Spiritlite.

norseman
06-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Just as a side question. Has anyone tried Green Coffee yet ? Not sure about any benefits, it seems an odd thing to be.
It's a Nescafe Instant.

Silver
06-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Just as a side question. Has anyone tried Green Coffee yet ? Not sure about any benefits, it seems an odd thing to be.
It's a Nescafe Instant.

I'm a coffee lover from way back, but never heard of this green coffee. It really is green and not brown/black?

I put green tea in my coffee then add the other goodies at my local 7-eleven store.

So, what' swith the green coffee? it has green tea in it or what?

Littleflower
06-11-2010, 02:44 PM
i drink green t on occasion but have never made the association with calmness..........i'll notice next time if this is the case, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

xx

Spiritlite
06-11-2010, 03:51 PM
No problem Little :)
Spiritlite.

norseman
06-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm a coffee lover from way back, but never heard of this green coffee. It really is green and not brown/black?

I put green tea in my coffee then add the other goodies at my local 7-eleven store.

So, what' swith the green coffee? it has green tea in it or what?

Apparently, it is made from unroasted coffee beans and the roasted variety. I suspect it is a marketing dream.

Spiritlite
06-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Green coffee? Nah I would suspect NOTHING to do with green tea...
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
06-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah I'm too impatient plus I usually trust my coop to have good brands :)
I know I spelt it wrong LOL I'll get the hang of it.
My husband is also taking it and he says he feels so much better lately like he's more in control of his emotions and much more relaxed.
Thanks Kapitan.
Spiritlite.

It's ok - I think it's also spelled 'Ashwaganda'. That's cool that it's helping him out.

With regards to my last comment - when I said 'it', I meant if there is something you're looking for in Vitacost but can't find it - try Lucky Vitamin. Vitacost is the only place I know that has the NSI line and I've used quite a few of the items which I had all liked. Because the Ashwagandha works so well for me, I gave my mom the Melatonin - I haven't taken it since I've been using the herb.

And you're welcome *wink*

PrincessKLS
08-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I found chamomille to be very calming.

Katiecat
08-11-2010, 11:22 PM
I love green tea...caffeinated preferably. My weight fluctuates, and when I'm trying to lose, that's what I drink. It also helps my nerves.

Kapitan_Prien
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm here drinking a Matcha steamer at the cafe I like to go to...and boy, would I love to try plain Matcha. I like it because it is naturally sweet - and I find Sencha very good too for the same reason.

Kaere
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Just a note about the green coffee - the first thing I would have thought is that it's grown in a green manner, maybe something like shade coffee or irrigated with the first dew gently dropped from the last remaining three rainforst trees sometime before 6am on a Tuesday.

Unroasted makes more sense heehee.

BlueSky
09-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Just a note about the green coffee - the first thing I would have thought is that it's grown in a green manner, maybe something like shade coffee or irrigated with the first dew gently dropped from the last remaining three rainforst trees sometime before 6am on a Tuesday.

Unroasted makes more sense heehee.

I think Green Tea is unfermented which means less processing which means more natural and more healthy.
James

Kaere
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I think Green Tea is unfermented which means less processing which means more natural and more healthy.
James

Yes, but I was referring to the green coffee mentioned by Silvergirl earlier on - just making silly is all.

BlueSky
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, but I was referring to the green coffee mentioned by Silvergirl earlier on - just making silly is all.

Sorry, I've been away from this thread somewhat so I might have missed that post. lol.
By the way, absolutely love the Avatar!

Kaere
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks very much - I thought she was quite pretty :)

norseman
13-11-2010, 03:45 PM
One that has not had a mention yet is Bancha or Kuchika tea. Its made from the roasted twigs of the tea bush and is naturally v. low in caffeine. Very refreshing drink and big in Japan/China/Korea.

LightFilledHeart
13-11-2010, 05:21 PM
One that has not had a mention yet is Bancha or Kuchika tea. Its made from the roasted twigs of the tea bush and is naturally v. low in caffeine. Very refreshing drink and big in Japan/China/Korea.

Thank you for sharing your knowlege, Norse :smile: I'm not familiar with either of those. Where does one find them and what are the beneficial properties?

Kapitan_Prien
13-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I plan to try Kukicha...

kews99
13-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I know what you mean i feel very calm having drunk green tea ..lol

norseman
14-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Thank you for sharing your knowlege, Norse :smile: I'm not familiar with either of those. Where does one find them and what are the beneficial properties?
HiyA LFH :smile:. Where to get it ? Health Food Shops, Oriental Shops, that kind of place. If you were in UK, I would advise Neals Yard in Covent Garden, London who sell the Clearspring Organic variety by mail order.
Beneficial properties - it is an every-day drink with none of the problems of caffeine. So, all the essential oils of tea but no boost. However, it does form the base of several other "teas" with health benefits. Some people have it with a few drops of Shoyu or Tamari for a savoury drink or, as a stomach-problem sorter [:D], cup of hot bancha with a pea-size portion of Umeboshi plum mixed in with or without Shoyu.
Ref [if you want it] Macrobiotic Diet by Michio Kushi.

Rah nam
14-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Not sure if it is calming, I am calm by nature.
Over the last 15 years I drink your .75l about 4-5 times a day.

According my divine self green tea for me is essential.

Adrienne
14-11-2010, 11:13 AM
According my divine self green tea for me is essential.

Interesting reply Detlef ~ may I ask why it is essential ?

I drink green tea on occasion, haven't really noticed a calming effect. Maybe I am not drinking the required quantity to notice the effects ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Silver
14-11-2010, 08:18 PM
I buy a brand here in the states ~ the brand is Good Earth and it's called Super Green Tea wth 70% more antioxidants than their standard Green. It says it contains Matcha, Sencha & Orange, and it's a very popular brand, there's a girl at work who really loves their stuff. I am always trying to boost my 'like' level of teas, because as much as I love coffee, the caffeine isn't good for my blood pressure problem. On the back of the box, this tea has a 'Caffeine Meter' and it says that the average 8 oz. cup of coffee contains 100 mg, black tea 50 mg, green tea 30 mg, white tea 20 mg and so on. which is really nice to know.

I recently bought a new flavor of herbal caffeine free tea by Stash and it's called Licorice Spice with licorice root, cinnamon, orange peel, chinese star anise, vanilla flavor, sarsparilla, orange oil, cinnamon flavor, clove bud oil and cardamom oil. I really like it and so does my friend at work. We're always trying each other's teas.

Kapitan_Prien
14-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I think I'd like that Good Earth 'Super Green' since I love Matcha and Sencha...and like citrus flavors.

I'll be putting in a Stash Tea order tomorrow speaking of that company...they have a number of flavors I'd like to buy.

Silver
14-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Yep, the citrus really comes out in this particular green. Do you find Good Earth brand (or Stash) over there on the 'right' coast?

Rah nam
14-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Interesting reply Detlef ~ may I ask why it is essential ?

I drink green tea on occasion, haven't really noticed a calming effect. Maybe I am not drinking the required quantity to notice the effects ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx
It's the way I sense if a food or food item is OK for me, I can sense if it is nourishing, healing, what ever I want to know.
I just hold my hand close to the item and I feel it. The stronger the energy responds the greater the benefit I get from the item. And green tea is strong, not as strong as spirulina, but quite strong.

Adrienne
14-11-2010, 08:58 PM
That is very cool Detlef, thank you for explaining.

Kapitan_Prien
14-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Re Silvergirl - thanks for letting me know. Yes we get both brands actually even in this rural area. But I requested a Stash Tea catalogue because I was getting kind of tired of what's offered at the stores and wanted to see what they had.

Spiritlite
21-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Oh Kapi how I miss you :(
Spiritlite.

GoldenBoy72
24-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Spiritlite

Aww I have anxiety issues too :hug2: I take Zoloft for it and it works pretty good. What do you take, also try any teas with chamomile that stuff can really calm you down.

hippocratie
24-12-2010, 01:58 PM
A lot of claims are made about Green Tea but the problem is that after a year of storage most of the benifical ingredients in green tea no longer exist. The export regulations in China are so messed up it is imposible to get any Green Tea that hasn't been locked up in storage for at least a year waiting to be cleared for export.

Ciqala
29-12-2010, 07:00 AM
oh man, i think green tea is good for everything! it helped me lose weight back in the day, helped me calm down at night, helped with my insomnia (even though it's supposed to have caffeine) and made me healthy in every aspect. I should really get back into drinking teas.

flutterangel
31-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Just bought some Ashagandh!!!
Spiritlite.
Hi Spiritlite,
Just curious, how are you still liking this? Is it helping? It's been recommended for MS, which I have, so am considering it to help for nervous system inflammation.
thanks!
flutterangel

7luminaries
31-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks very much - I thought she was quite pretty :)
I like it too...
That's me in healing mode...but no wings (LOL) and more blue & green energy :smile:

I drink coffee in a.m. and green tea in p.m....real or herbal...and it *is* calming...

These are my only vices...plus dark choc...so I try to indulge daily :)

Spiritlite
01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Flutter so now I've taken the Ashawagandha for quite a while now and I love it. I do find that I'm less nervous and that my nerves don't feel so underfed, they feel nourished. My husband is taking them too and he loves it as well.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
01-02-2011, 11:12 PM
^ That's good to hear it has kept helping you both out. I had ordered more last month to take it at night like I do. I don't mind if I have to keep using this for the rest of my life to help me get proper rest.

Spiritlite
02-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Kapitan yes and I have you to thank for turning me onto Ashwaghanda.
Spiritlite.

in progress
02-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Spiritlite
Does green tea really have thiamine?? It's a B vitamin and I've read on many occasions that people w/ anxiety benefit from B vitamin supplementation. I've read up on it a bit because I've taken meds for panic disorder in the past.

Adrienne
02-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I wonder if this calming effect of the green tea works differently with different people ?

I have been drinking quite a lot of green tea recently and haven't really noticed a calming effect. It does seem to make make one less hungry, but can't say it helped at all yesterday at a time when being calm, would have been very helpful. Or maybe it was because of all the negative energy that I felt coming towards me, from those around me, that overpowered the calming effects of the tea ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Spiritlite
02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
well for me drinking any tea is calming. I grew up in South africa so we had tea a lot and it's kind of like a meditation really....so I guess drinking any tea is relaxing for me. However I have found that with my husband who has really never drank tea if he drinks green tea he's very relaxed.
Spiritlite.

Verunia
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM

I have anxiety as well, drinking tea or coffee of any kind (besides herbal) sends my body into a crazy state... Anything with caffeine just gets my anxiety going, heart palpitations, blah blah blah.. I used to find tea very calming though.

It's been like this ever since I had my first 'awakening'... Strange!

Kapitan_Prien
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I've been drinking mostly green teas, but also enjoy white tea too. My favorites tend to be Earl Grey Green, Pear Green, Rose (in Green and White), and this 'Green Bouquet' by Kusmi which tastes like Bergamot and Rose, and Jasmine Green tea.

Spiritlite
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
lately I've been on a black tea fix :)
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I used to drink that but had to stop a few years ago because it was too strong for my stomach (I had a burning feeling in it)...so switched to herbal, 'red', tulsi, green tea and white teas...and so far - so good.

Spiritlite
03-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Kapitan I grew up on black tea...made with milk and sugar...yummy :)
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
04-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Ah...I don't like milk at all in tea. Give it to me straight with or without a sweetener. To me milk in tea is like ice cubes in wine...kills the flavor (waters it down).

Spiritlite
04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
lol Kapitan most people agree with you...but remember I grew up in another culture where that is how it is made.
Spiritlite.

Silver
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Tea, and tea kettles. I've got to get me a new one because the whistler stopped working and I've boiled away all the water or almost all of it at least 3 times in the past week or so.. Argh! Idk what happened, it USED to whistle when it was ready! I wish I knew how to fix it, it's a nice one.

Recently, I've been big into getting some coffee with flavored creamers and making a cup of green tea (various flavors of it) my recent favorite is Bigelow's Constant Comment which they now have in Green Tea mode. So good to just add the tea into my coffee and it cuts down on the caffeine. Doesn't taste any different, maybe a lighter flavor than straight coffee. I Love it!

{anyone know what the hecks' wrong with my tea kettle?!)

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Silvergirl, did I read correctly ? You add Green Tea to your coffee ?

Doesn't that kind of neutralize the effects of both the caffeine in the coffee for the " kick start " and the " calming effect " of the Green Tea ? so where does that leave one ? lost in space ? :icon_eek: :D

Dream Angel xx

Silver
04-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Silvergirl, did I read correctly ? You add Green Tea to your coffee ?

Doesn't that kind of neutralize the effects of both the caffeine in the coffee for the " kick start " and the " calming effect " of the Green Tea ? so where does that leave one ? lost in space ? :icon_eek: :D

Dream Angel xx

Uh, I'm already lost in space!

I went to a 7-11 store and they had a pot of fresh greentea along with all their coffees, which I normally get. I said to myself, self, if I add about half green tea, then the rest coffee and my creamers, it will help cut back on the caffeine consumption. That in itself is calming. I thought of it as the best of both worlds! No? Coffee and the tea both have good things in them, right? Idk, Dream Angel, Idk~*

Kapitan_Prien
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Re SpiritLite: Yep I know. The folks on the one vintage living forum that I rarely visit were talking about tea (a proper British brew) and one of the members stated that I should at least have either the cream or sugar in. But the thing is...I don't drink black tea and typically green and white teas you don't put milk in. Besides the caf. in black tea is a bit much for me anyway (although I know I can get it in de-caf mode). So that put me out of the 'tea crowd' over on that forum...*laughs* :D

Response to SilverGirl: Green Tea in Coffee? That sounds like the time I was drinking a Starbucks Vanilla Coffee (in the little jug) because I was craving real coffee, but at the same time was drinking a Sobe 'Calm-o-mile' drink with Chamomile and Lemon Balm extracts...:tongue: (Actually the caf. in the coffee didn't really bother me but I think that was because there was more to just the coffee, sweetener, and cream in it...there was the flavoring, etc. But who knows really...)

Silver
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM
The Sobe Calm-O-Mile sounds nice with the Lemon and all.

So, nobody knows how to fix a tea kettle?
Well, it's a good excuse to go shopping anyway!

Kapitan_Prien
04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
It is. I haven't drank any lately though.

I don't use a tea kettle. There's several ways I make my tea. If I'm using 'loose leaf' - I do the two teapot method. If I'm only making one cup, then it's water and in the microwave. I also bought these teabags that make one small pot (got them from Davidson's Tea) to try.

I'd like to get one of those electric kettles...I should write it on The List.

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Uh, I'm already lost in space!

I went to a 7-11 store and they had a pot of fresh greentea along with all their coffees, which I normally get. I said to myself, self, if I add about half green tea, then the rest coffee and my creamers, it will help cut back on the caffeine consumption. That in itself is calming. I thought of it as the best of both worlds! No? Coffee and the tea both have good things in them, right? Idk, Dream Angel, Idk~*

yes, I would say then " best of both worlds " ~ interesting idea !

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
So, nobody knows how to fix a tea kettle?

Good question for a tea leaf reading ! They should know :D

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Kapitan, what is the two teapot method ? one for you & one for a guest ?

Kapitan_Prien
04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
It's where you steep the leaves without a filter in the one teapot, and then strain it into another pot. This way you get the full 'benefits' of the leaves because they can expand fully.

Spiritlite
04-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Kapitan I love how tea is an art form...
Spiritlite.

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Thank you Kapitan, nice to know !

and thank you Spiritlite for starting such a thread, where everyone can share so many interesting ideas and learn new things !

:hug3: Dream Angel xx

Spiritlite
04-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm just happy people are enjoying the thread...thanks Dream Angel.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
04-02-2011, 09:11 PM
You're Welcome. I unintentionally wound up with two tea pots and so figured..."what the heck, why not?" So that's how I do all my loose tea from now on. From my view - it comes out much better. I also have some vintage Art Deco tea cups to drink from and bought 4 powder blue with silver accent tea cups from Salvation Army. They were in excellent condition - no crazing or chips. I don't know if they're vintage or not, as they aren't stamped, but they sure are beautiful...for the low price of $2.08 (total) :D

Spiritlite
04-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I love my loose tea and I love my kettles or tea pots as some of you say.
Spiritlite.

Celeste
06-02-2011, 04:06 AM
I drink green tea to boost my metabolism. But in moderation!!!

Gem
06-02-2011, 04:09 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/drink_your_tea_slowly_and_reverently_as_if_it_mug-p1688775855304521822otmb_400.jpg

Silver
06-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Kool Kup Gem

I broke down and bought me a nice new little teapot, yesterday.
The whistle works! Hurray.

Gem
06-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Kool Kup Gem

I broke down and bought me a nice new little teapot, yesterday.
The whistle works! Hurray.

The difference is, a kettle sits on the stove (hence the pot calls the kettle black) and a teapot is the serving thing which tea is brewed in, so it is the kettle which whistles and the teapot which doesn't. Hehehehehe.

http://www.kitchenwarecom.com/products/antique_teapot/2.jpg

Silver
06-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Wups. I got my pots 'n pans mixed there for a moment.
Tea Kettle is what I bought and it does whistle verry nicely.

Adrienne
06-02-2011, 07:03 AM
The difference is, a kettle sits on the stove (hence the pot calls the kettle black) and a teapot is the serving thing which tea is brewed in, so it is the kettle which whistles and the teapot which doesn't. Hehehehehe.

http://www.kitchenwarecom.com/products/antique_teapot/2.jpg

OR if someone comes to visit you and is really impressed by your tea pot or your tea kettle, then this person just might start to whistle " woooo hooo ! " :D

OR forget the tea pot and the tea kettle, maybe the person is just impressed with YOU !

Gem
06-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Wups. I got my pots 'n pans mixed there for a moment.
Tea Kettle is what I bought and it does whistle verry nicely.

How can one have a tea kettle?

Do you boil the tea leaves on the stove?

Kapitan_Prien
06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
"I'm a little tea pot short and stout...

...here is my handle - here is my spout..."

Celeste
06-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes, Gem! In moderation. Especially since it has medicinal qualities. Too much of a good thing is bad.

And folks, you definitely need a teapot. It brews the tea with finesse. Looks pretty on the table. Sets the mood for a REAL tea party. The silver turing black kettle is for heating water, for a cup of tea, when you are on the run.

Spiritlite
07-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Tea is an art form.
Spiritlite.

NIRVANA
01-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Spiritlite

Alot of green tea can be very dodgy because alot comes from Japan and there was alot of nuclear spill a while ago.:icon_eek:

7luminaries
10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Spiritlite

I find it VERY calming and very, very tasty! I drink loads of it (decaf) at night. It helps make the other herbs a LOT more palatable :tongue:

Cheers :hug3:
7L

Adrienne
10-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Alot of green tea can be very dodgy because alot comes from Japan and there was alot of nuclear spill a while ago.:icon_eek:

now there is a scarey thought :icon_eek: ... so just out of curiosity, I looked at an unopened box of green tea that I have, it says " product of China ".

I never thought about it before, where the tea comes from ~

BigJohn
25-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Spiritlite

I love Green Tea but the caffeine in Green Tea does not love me.

Tobi
29-09-2018, 11:28 PM
I love Green Tea but the caffeine in Green Tea does not love me.

I was about to say that, Big John.
It may be that some don't know green tea contains caffeine. Some people seem to be pretty immune to caffeine, but others can be sensitive to it and it can give you the "inner jitters" quite badly.
Caffeine reaches a peak level in 30 minutes to 1 hour, then it's 3-5 hours "half life" (that is 3 to 5 hours before the body has eliminated half of it only.)

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-half-life-of-caffeine

Don't get me wrong. I love my morning coffee (just one) but more than that and it can sometimes take hours and hours to get rid of the creepy jitters.
Strong exercise will help get rid of it. Not much else.

Sapphirez
03-11-2018, 10:02 PM
I loved drinking green tea sometimes, especially if I found some that had a pretty yellowish green color, (was that even real? I don't know lol) but I must say that caffeine is toxic, even in green tea. it's a pesticide made by plants to keep predators away from them. I quit caffeine entirely more than once but I drank coffee recently.. and I admit I felt kind of creatively stimulated but I also get a "hangover" from it and feel horrible. anywayss caffeine is detrimental to pretty much the whole body and brain. on the other hand there are countless incredible herbs that are caffeineless and extremely healing and wonderful without crazy side effects

I read a book called Caffeine Blues some years ago (after which or near the end of I started drinking caffeine again but the book was good and I did quit again for a long time) and did some other research which is available for anyone to find

sebakpl11
22-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Green tea is very good for your anxiety to keep calm and it is also good as a med from thousands of years ago.🙂

Nitesh1206
28-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Hey there, that's a great question