PDA

View Full Version : The World?

RoseQuartz
31-01-2013, 04:20 PM
I did a small spread for myself and got a card I haven't gotten before and I am having difficulty interpreting it with the other cards I laid out.
The first card (things as they are now) is the High Priestess
The second one (course of action to be taken) is The World (this is the card I have not drawn before)
And the 3rd and last card is the Knight of Swords.
I did this spread because I wanted to know about a new job I am going for and how my finances and life will turn out overall in the immediate future. But I am sort of getting a bit confused. Can someone help me a bit so I can understand this spread a bit more?

mparkes
25-02-2013, 07:10 PM
I did a small spread for myself and got a card I haven't gotten before and I am having difficulty interpreting it with the other cards I laid out.
The first card (things as they are now) is the High Priestess
The second one (course of action to be taken) is The World (this is the card I have not drawn before)
And the 3rd and last card is the Knight of Swords.
I did this spread because I wanted to know about a new job I am going for and how my finances and life will turn out overall in the immediate future. But I am sort of getting a bit confused. Can someone help me a bit so I can understand this spread a bit more?

Hi littlewolf0911

I will take a shot at an interpretation for you!

Your question was:
"I wanted to know about a new job I am going for and how my finances and life will turn out overall in the immediate future."

The cards are:

1. Things as they are now - The High Priestess
2. Course of action to be taken - The World
3. Last card - Knight of Swords

Okay, well "things as they are now" seems to be somewhat veiled. I always think 'secrets' as the first meaning of this card. She is very quiet and mysterious, so I think in general you could be feeling that you being kept in the dark about this concern (the new job outlook, financial outlook short term).

Course of Action to be taken, is the World. That is a very positive card of achievement, reaching the goal, and as a "course" of action - and in light of the first card - it seem so far to move forward in confidence that this will turn out well for you. Faith and belief, that you will get the job seems to be a message here. Even though you may not be feeling that way, or may have some questions. The World card means "signature or mark" in the Hebrew keys, so that could be a sign of signing things, getting the marks you need, approvals seem to be forthcoming.

The Last card is a very focused energy of thoughts, words, communication... you did not mention exactly what that card represents. So I will take it be a further message as to the "course of action" and that seems to be stay in communication with them on the job application, maybe a followup call or something.

The immediate future then also seems to be communicative, and very focused on the intellect and philosophical concerns. There is a lot of "4" energy in your reading... in my deck the World is 4 wands + 4 cups, and the Knight swords is 4 swords... so 444 is a very strong number of stability and foundations in life.

As for the financial outlook, we don't see any pentacles showing up here, I would be looking for pentacles to see an answer to a financial question. However seeing as how the whole reading led with the High Priestess she is also a card of commerce and business, as that card is "gimel" or 'came' in the hebrew keys, and those are animals that were used for travel, commerce between cities. So even though this is a card of "things as they are now" I always look at all of the cards together to get a sense for where things are going. The World + High Priestess card are VERY positive energies I would be expecting great things to come your way!

GTN are the 3 letters associated with those 3 cards. I want to say "GETTIN'" the job!

I hope that helps!
Blessings,
Mike

RoseQuartz
26-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your help! I always make mental notes when someone helps me with these so that I can remember the best way to interpret them next time.

Thank you again!