PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected during meditation

MoonWalker
15-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Hello all,

I just started to meditate daily about a week or so ago and it's becoming increasingly easier to fall into that complete comfort zone and whatnot. But today when my focus was on my mind and not my body .. my arm suddenly jumped from being straight .. to say.. a 45 degree angle to the left. This came out of no where. I dont know if it was just a nerve twitch that did it or what .. but I just thought I'd share that with you guys (:

sunny shine
15-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Was this physical movement or some kind of astral movement?

MoonWalker
15-10-2010, 03:38 AM
physical because i saw that my hand had moved when i opened my eyes

astralsuzy
15-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Occasionally it happens to me. I am meditating and my arm or leg goes up in the air by itself. I do not know why it happens but I think it is a normal thing. One time my whole body jumped up by itself.

Moon Willow
15-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Hey MoonWalker,
I found that I had lots of twitches and movements when I first started meditation, but as time goes on things quieten down.

I'm not sure if this is correct but my theory is that it's your physical and spiritual bodies coming into alignment - your physical body getting use to all the extra energy and higher vibrations?

Keep up with your meditation and you'll have lots more great experiences!

Love, light and blessings,
Moon Willow x x x

in progress
15-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Sometimes meditating can cause involuntary movement. I've had that happen. I found a short article about it here: http://www.meditationoasis.com/2009/01/09/body-movements-in-meditation/