PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing!!

Emmalevine
18-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm so excited :D We don't often get snow here on the south coast of UK. We had a lot two/three years ago but before that our winters were always very mild and wet. Today we have a blizzard so I'm off out in my son's wellies to make the most of it and probably freeze myself stupid.

Squatchit
18-01-2013, 09:14 AM
HAHAHAHAHAAAHA - enjoy!

I think it's heading our way (Lincs) later on today.

:icon_smurfin:

Serenity69
18-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE

Belle
18-01-2013, 09:56 AM
I know I'm super excited as I'm going to be out of London so will get to see reams of unspoilt snow.

And the forecasters weren't bad, it started snowing about 10 mins earlier than predicted.

God keep us safe in the snow and prayers for those who are cold and without shelter.

Neville
18-01-2013, 10:01 AM
It's snowing!!

It is indeed :D The streets look so pure covered in their white wintry gown.

amy green
18-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Maybe it's the Libran in me but I always see both sides to snow descending. Of course there's the appreciation and fun part - especially for children but it also reminds me of the restriction (people not easily leaving their homes) and potential fatality that it brings too (perhaps stuck in cars for hours, being unprepared and the elderly struggling financially to keep their home warm enough to stave off hypothermia). I have a positive mindset but am also a realist and like to see things as they truly are.

Belle
18-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Maybe it's the Libran in me but I always see both sides to snow descending. Of course there's the appreciation and fun part - especially for children but it also reminds me of the restriction (people not easily leaving their homes) and potential fatality that it brings too (perhaps stuck in cars for hours, being unprepared and the elderly struggling financially to keep their home warm enough to stave off death). Sorry - I'm a realist.

No need to apologise for the touch of reality with the snow as there will be some sad stories associated with the snow.

Also remembering the elderly and vulnerable.

Emmalevine
18-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I understand as well Amy. It's actually very hard for me as I have an illness and am mainly housebound, plus it causes worries for me when I have my son here and school is shut. Carers can't get here to help him or me. Fortunately this year is a lot easier for me as my son is with his father full time but I'm still concerned about Sunday. Despite that I intend to enjoy it today.

AstralJosh
18-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Snowing beautifully in Bristol also :) I feel to grateful and connected when it snows gracefully like this.
Almost as if the entire city is being blanketed in good vibrations...
University is closed so snuggle up to your favourite Christmas music, hot cup of cocoa and watch the world pass by :)

Osian
18-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Everyone has snow it seems. What is it about snow that gets everyone excited? lol. Well the sun is shining where i live :smile:

StrandedSnowMonkey
18-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm mad about snow! Very excited to see it falling this morning... cute to see little ones asleep in a sledge, on the way back home.

Hopefully people will be careful.

Next week I'm off to Dresden, and it's snowing out there too! :)

Belle
18-01-2013, 09:10 PM
And the snowing world needs snowmonkeys.

JOHNTY
18-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Greetings to you All,

Yep! A right ol' blizzard going on where I am. Let me see now 1-2-3-4 ..... 5 ....... 6 ........... ummm? ....... Ah, there it is! Drifting past the window makes it ...... makes it ......... all of 7 flakes.

As I said: I right ol' blizzard! :D

norseman
19-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Been snowing here for 5 days solid so far and more forecast. I am supposed to be going to the Shetlands next Saturday for the Viking Fire Festival but problem atm with rail and air travel :icon_eek:

View from my nest in the sky
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/DSCF0116-Copy_zpsbcaf70e1.jpg

Saggi
19-01-2013, 10:55 AM
My buddha:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3df38b3127ccef2729d74bcc900000030O08AaNmrRo3YtA e3nwE/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

sesheta
23-01-2013, 06:49 PM
All of you can gladly keep the snow :D

Here in southern Ontario, Canada it has been a mild winter again this year so far - so from those of us who hate the snow, we gladly send it over to you .....Enjoy!!!! :icon_sunny: