PDA

View Full Version : Meaningful "Coincidence"

Raven Poet
17-01-2013, 01:26 AM
Hi. I won't go into detail here, due to the highly politicized atmosphere in our world regarding the interactions between Indigenous peoples and government policies ... but I wanted to share this meaningful coincidence that came at a very helpful time!

A parent in one of our schools complained all the way to the top about a particular Aboriginal teaching we`ve been doing in schools. She made it about a health hazard without any scientific data or research. We would never jeopardize the health of any child, but she relentlessly took her case to a higher ranking government official, and now this teaching has been banned in this school.

I came home in tears -- our kids so enjoy this teaching, it is a beautiful part of our culture, this teaching takes place on TREATY 1 LAND in Canada -- and it`s been shut down by one uneducated/ignorant voice. I was so angry but have been asked to keep this issue confidential (that's why I'm being vague, out of respect to my colleagues.) Talk about the agony of being muzzled and silenced!

So after my cry, I sat down with a book I'm reading (written by a medium about her experiences with children in spirit/the afterlife), to get my mind off this issue. I come to this line within twenty seconds of picking up the book: "Wherever prejudice, hate, and death separate us one from another, kids in spirit remind us that despite any perceived differences, we are all connected. ... No matter how terrible things may look, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we can imagine."

Thank you, Creator! I so needed to hear this, in a time of feeling isolated from my allies, disloyal to my Ancestors, and very, very angry at this woman whose complaints brought this all about. I am reminded to come from a place of love and Spirit, not rage and reverse racism. And I will carry this in my heart from here on in during the resolution of this issue.

Miigwetch!

Thunder Bow
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
We are one with everything.

Raven Poet
08-03-2013, 01:33 AM
You got that right, Thunder Bow!

Native spirit
08-03-2013, 01:50 PM
:smile: We are all one we all come into the world the same way and we all leave it no exceptions.

Namaste

Enya
08-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Is there any way you can gather forces and evidence of the well-being this practice has made and fight this decision?

Raven Poet
09-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Hi, Enya. I don`t see one - it is such an issue riddled with politics that I`d basically be taking on the provincial education system. The ban for the practice has been imposed on one school only - but I am required by my boss to be very careful in my approach when I conduct the practice in other schools. But I will definitely look for an opportunity for the joining of spiritual forces in a very secular system - I believe it can happen!

Thanks for your encouragement - you have posed a very enticing option!

Enya
09-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Thank you... there are always options. As my teacher Rita once said - miracles are only perceived impossibilities. I am sure there are others with your integrity in the system, prepared to state their truth.

spiritseeker123
05-04-2013, 03:20 AM
We are one with everything.
I really enjoyed looking at your home page. Great Job!
What website would be the best for me to go to learn about Native American ways? What one do you like best and are there more than one that you would recommend? Let me know.
May Creator Spirit empower you and may all of nature sing to you!