PDA

View Full Version : Can you please inform me if I any of my understandingabout Hinduism wrong?

lovethetruth
16-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Aum Namah Shivaya

Note : I need your help in understanding the true facts. The questions, positive points and negative points are blunt. I wish this results in an overall better state of Hinduism.

Can you please inform me if I any of my understanding/assumption is wrong?

1. Caste System.
1.1 It was first mentioned in Manu Smriti and not Vedas.
1.2 The ultimate objective was : Ideal society (everyone is happy)
1.3 Caste of a person was decided based on a persons inherent demonstrated qualities, and not based on a persons birth
1.4 Caste of a person was decided by oneself (I assume this)
1.5 At present the caste system that is followed is wrong. (Because it has become a sytem based on ones birth)
1.6 The factor "Caste System" is considered as one of the biggest draw backs of Hinduism by others.
1.7 Except Buddhism and Sikhism, nothing much has been done to follow the correct practice of Caste System
1.8 The factor "Caste System" is considered as one of the biggest draw backs of Hinduism by many of the Hindus, especially the SC,ST and OBC. Hence, their respect for "Hinduism" has decreased.

2. Scripture
2.1 Is it not possible that was a scripture prior to Vedas? A scripture that explained only the core concept. (Core concept = Concept conveyed in Mahavakyas in Vedas = Tat Tvam Asi)
2.2 At present we find people with power get their things done. But the honest and truthful people do not get their things done (except enlightenment) . Is it not possible that Vedas were also manipulated for selfish motives? Also manusmriti?
2.3 Mahavakyas (Tat Tvam Asi) in Vedas are the core of Humanity. Then why are we giving higher importance other parts of the Veda (like caste system)?
2.4 There are many points in Vedas, Manu smrithi etc which restricts a human beings freedom (freedom to choose the work). So are not these scriptures wrong? (Because Hinduism believes in 100% freedom)

3. Practice
3.1 Hinduism has always been perfect. Then how come we are not perfect now? Compared to any other country, India has been following Vedas better. Then, why is it that US, Germany etc are evidently superior to India in terms of scientific knowledge, wealth and general ethics?
3.2 Unless we start practicing the right way of Hinduism, wont the world risk loosing Hinduism? Other religions might try to eliminate / convert Hindus. Some will convert out of free will (Hinduism has declined by around 3% since 1961 and Islam has grown by 3% in India en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_India ). Ultimately is there not a risk that future human being might not even get a chance to understand Hinduism?
3.3 “Sati” was never a practice mentioned in any of Hindu Rules. (including Vedas and Manu Smriti). Neither did Shiva/Sati tell anybody to do this. It was followed in India by “people”. The religion had nothing to do with this practice.
3.4 Status of women. The status is same as men. There are references to certain restriction to women. But these restrictions might have been manipulations made by people. In Hinduism, everyone is equal.
3.5 We could have done much better. When one by one people came and tried to destroy Hinduism (including human beings and resources – Nalanda etc), we Hindus (including Brahmins, Kshtariya, Vasihyas and Shudras) did not do enough to protect the human beings. Our actions were not right. (We did not act as much as we should have)
3.6 Our discrimination was wrong. We did not know whether a visitor (Mughals, Britishers) came for our good/bad. We applied “Athithi devoh bhava” and forgot what Krishna says in Bhagavad gita about selfless action.
3.7 At present, most (95%) of the hindus (including Brahmins, Kshtariya, Vasihyas and Shudras) are selfish and do not follow their conscience.

4. Other
4.1 If you feel any other information might help me understand, please do mention that also.

Request : If you dis-agree on any of the point or overall, please do respond. Request you not to criticize on other aspects (like criticizing “You don’t even know that Hinduism is actually called Sanatana Dharma”). Please make this fully constructive.

kumarjitghoshal
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
interesting Lovethetruth ..... and i am amazed still this thread is silent ..... i will express my findings on these ...but as you know it needs time ..... so please have more patience. :)

kumarjitghoshal
02-07-2013, 06:46 PM
1. Caste System.

1.1 It was first mentioned in Manu Smriti and not Vedas. - Both mentioned about cast system. We find in Vedas a shudra shall be given the best result of Yagna first then Vaishya , then Khastriya then Bhrambhanas.... for the betterment of Lower casts for they suffer more from Tamo Vritti. To uplift them there are many system inscripted in Vedas.
More over Veda and Manusmriti both says is a Shudra (lower caste) becomes Bhrambhagayni m is more respectable than a son of Bhrambhana who have not attained Bhramgayan ..... and if a Bhrambhana act like a shudra is more punishable than a son of a sudra.

1.2 The ultimate objective was : Ideal society (everyone is happy) - Yes true .... but ideal does not necessarily means everyone is happy. Ideal society is about everybody is having same scope to flourish spiritually though there is differences in every atom of creation due to Gunas or property.

1.3 Caste of a person was decided based on a persons inherent demonstrated qualities, and not based on a persons birth - Yes very true.
But as a matter of fact ... a son of Sudra has much challenges to neglect his living and habitual Tamosic Environment to become enlightened.IF he succeed ...is more respectable than bhrambhanas. Similarly a son of Bhrambhana has all the required Sttavic influences around to become enlightened ... its rather easy for him ...but still if he become so compulsive and acts out of Tamosic Vritti is more condemnable than any shudras.

1.4 Caste of a person was decided by oneself (I assume this) - yes , its entirely your thought. IF one is enlightened , people will seek knowledge from him ..... if one is master of weapons people will seek protection from him ...if one knows magic in making wealth and enjoyes all the beauties abiding Dharma ,people will dare him as a Vaishya ...if one knows to serve physically only and to satisfy their sensualities by any means people will seek them to take their physical labor by giving them money that will fulfill their physical need.

1.5 At present the caste system that is followed is wrong. (Because it has become a sytem based on ones birth) - Yes ...at present ..whatever is going on is very wrong ..... veda is not followed ..... as per Manu smriti ... Kali Yoga is like this ... its just a preparation to follow again Veda .... just a natural part of creation and destruction kind of thing.
So ...in a way it was also predicted or predestined ........ in Manusmriti as well as in veda in some place.

1.6 The factor "Caste System" is considered as one of the biggest draw backs of Hinduism by others. - many thinks so. I don't. we have not experienced what it may feel like if we had followed a proper way of Vedic Castism. If i must defend those others ... i will say you can not abolish differentiation in society .... say for christian world ...there are so many churches .... and each oppose others ..... in Islam world ... there are 72 sects among Islam well distinguished and differentiated by Muhammad himself.In buddhism .... from one Buddha now there is so many branches ..... Nothing can be gained by such differentiation except frequent clashes between different beliefs ..... if you throw off all religion from the world .... still there will be castism in the name of Very rich , Rich , Middle class , Poor and Very poor from wealth perspective ........ so Give it a break.
What we need is an organized Class System that accepts and give place to all under one roof for achieving ultimate goal. More over ..... caste system of Veda is not only a separate system ..... it is imbune with Marriage act too ...... Gotram are very important for that.
World will praise Mendeley for testing on plants for gene crossing in an effort to produce higher quality plants , but the same world will condemn Hindus for following strictly Vedic Marriage rule to create higher qualities of human , why ! just because it stands in the way to fulfill ones physical compulsions ! only due to this castism and controlled Hindus have less Genetic disordered babies ...more stability to family structure ..... and atleast no one can say hindus don't have brains lol .... even Obama giving lectures to schools to study Maths and science more either those sectors will be filled mostly by Indians .already 33% of doctors in USA is Indians.
Don't worry .... if you don't like my opinion .... please remember its Kali Yuga ..... Marriage system will also falling apart as castism did already ...... :) and its also according to Manusmriti and Vedas.

1.7 Except Buddhism and Sikhism, nothing much has been done to follow the correct practice of Caste System - Like i said before .... Buddhism also have class ... may be they are not called by casts ... Sikhism .... i respect them ..... but everybody can't be a Sikh .... its a class in itself.
Truely ..there is nothing needs to be done ..... everything is going on according to divine rule .... what we need to do is just stay together in hard times ...not by religious tolerance but by religious appreciation. Those , who will not ..will only destroy themselves.

1.8 The factor "Caste System" is considered as one of the biggest draw backs of Hinduism by many of the Hindus, especially the SC,ST and OBC. Hence, their respect for "Hinduism" has decreased.
- LOL ..... Either Veda or Manusmriti have never mentioned about SC , ST and OBC . Its crafted politically. Like i said before ..... Vedic Castism is not followed anymore. A bhrambhana these days will be more happy if present caste system disappears lol ... know why .... there will be no reservation for SC , ST or OBC .... an a Hindu ...honestly i don't need this castism system ..... I have seen a Bhrambhana boy is studying by making copy of my text book because he is poor and can't buy books , neither he have any reservation in any govt job examination ....rather a Sc or ST or OBC get money to buy books though they may be a son of a banker .... or a businessman ..... and also have reservation in Govt. Jobs.
So believe me Bhrambhana poor boys will be more benefited if these SC ST and OBC system rooted out completely ..... but it will not happen so now .... Political parties needs votes.Bhrambhana may vanish , they are but few these days.

Going to sleep .... will reflect on Scriptures tomorrow sometime :)

kumarjitghoshal
03-07-2013, 03:07 AM
2. Scripture
2.1 Is it not possible that was a scripture prior to Vedas? A scripture that explained only the core concept. (Core concept = Concept conveyed in Mahavakyas in Vedas = Tat Tvam Asi) -
No my friend. It is not possible. WHy! because Vedas is not Scripture in first place (Krishna Dwaipayan Vedavayas devided and wrote in 4 pieces , 108 Upanishads , Aranyak , and Few Bhrambhana Sutras ) ...it was in Shruti , it has its existence in PASHYANTI sound form right from the beginning.......its the ultimate of Knowledge expressed in Creation ..... if you burn veda , if you burn all the work of Vayas all volumes ..... One can still found Veda in its original form in Shruti .... untouched ..... Vayas will again write them lol ..... this is imposible !! .... so you consider Vayas to be just human ! lol .... let it go ..... will discuss later ..... for now please go through this link of my another post to understand what is Veda.

What Veda or Manusmriti or any such sc
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32936

:) Tat Tvam Asi is stated in Upanishad , as i mentioned before it is none the less a part of Veda only.
In simpler words ..... we live in Illusion ...and how this Illusion works , is the subject of veda right from the beginning ..... those who became one with Maya ..knows it nature and laws about how it manifests automatically ...they will know Veda without reading veda :)
Veda is the one and only ultimate knowledge for this visible world of Maya, about how it is created .... how it can be maintained .... and how one can live life to benefit himself and the society while protecting personal goal (salvation - to escape this maya) as well as protecting this creation.

2.2 At present we find people with power get their things done. But the honest and truthful people do not get their things done (except enlightenment) . Is it not possible that Vedas were also manipulated for selfish motives? Also manusmriti? - honest people always do not get enlightenment :) .... anyway ...i understand what you mean by this sentence --- you might find the names of Male and Female Rishis writing Bhayasya (explanations)of VEdic Sutras ..... but you will not find the names of Who wrote veda if it is edited for some material gain ..... even Vayas didn't mentioned his name ..... if it was edited later .... those new editors didn't left their names ! its still a selfless job isn't it lol.
Manusmriti ... too ....King Manu is the only writer :) .... ah! you might be delighted to know .... Manu was a Khastriya and Bhrambhagyani , Many bhrambhanas went to Manu to learn! And also you might know Bhrambhanas still abide Manusmriti as another important Social Rule book and a spiritual scripture as well.
Don't fear about manipulation through means of Edition in Veda .... if it was so , we must have knew by now ...as we know there are different bible for different church .... all the branches of Sanathan Dharma follows the SAME Veda , it has a place for everyone ...even an atheist.... so what is the need to edit it lol.

2.3 Mahavakyas (Tat Tvam Asi) in Vedas are the core of Humanity. Then why are we giving higher importance other parts of the Veda (like caste system)? - when you realize TAT TVUM ASI ..... you are not fit for Veda anymore ..... Vedanta is for you ...Vedanta is about where Veda or Knowledge ends . Told you earlier ... Veda is about the laws and ways of this creation ..of this maya ....here no particle of sand are same .... no leafs of the same tree are same !if you accept this Illusionary realities you follow veda and accept Universal Brotherhood ..... if you realize what Maya is .... and if you honestly feel you are above any illusion ... you do not need to hold on to veda .... you will accept Vedanta automatically .... then you follow Oneness where there is no differentiation due to illusion.After all Veda is aimed for that purpose ..... to feel oneness through different expressions of creation ..... TAT TVAM ASI is a hint in Upanishad (which is a part of Veda directing knowledge to No knowledge state of being) in that direction.

2.4 There are many points in Vedas, Manu smrithi etc which restricts a human beings freedom (freedom to choose the work). So are not these scriptures wrong? (Because Hinduism believes in 100% freedom) - Animals are Animals without any effort .... Birds are birds without any effort ..... fishes are fishes without any effort ...trees are trees without any effort ...... But Human is Human after much and much hard efforts , do you agree Lovethetruth !
What are these effort .... !human must not live simply to fulfill compulsions as animals do ..... they must act out of Wisdom , those who looks like human and acts as animals ...we don't expect humanity from them ...do we !
Often you will see .... drunkards ... loose charecters ..... paranoid kids of rich father enjoy freedoms lol .......
What Veda or Manusmriti tells us is to restrain and control physical compulsions , to direct all our attention inward ..... many can't , many will try ... few will achieve ..... but its not said ...if you don't follow you are not Hindu .... lol ...as you know Hindu this term can not be found in any so called hindu scriptures such as Veda , Manusmriti ..Gita not even in any Puranas (which are stories only expressing internal Realities in whatever means possible ...because you know .... words have limitations ) .
There is a story of a saint .... talking to a spiritually eager person who asked him "how often you think sex is good for spiritual progress for common men?"
Saint said .... "if you are too compulsive about it ...may be once in a year "
The person said .... "if my mind wants more?"
Saint said ... "then do it once in a 6 month"
The person said " if still i feel strong urge , then?"
Saint said .... "ok ok ... you might ... do it once in a month then"
the person said .... " but Swamiji if i still feel physical need after a week of last sex .?"
Saint said .... "hmmmm .... do it then once in a week"
The person said ..... But swamiji .... i feel such compulsions more often , what should i do!"
Saint said " i am supposed to give instructions for Human ..... Spirituality is not for animals " :tongue:
so it depends what one thinks and understand about what freedom is ! from my point of understanding .... Those scriptures tells us how to be really free of any bondage .... but human bound by Indreas and Illusions thinks it is Dharma that binds ...!!!! its not the case.... well if one thinks like that .... its his loss .... :cool:
As from the point of view of choosing works ...... might not know ..... there were 18000 Universities...where education was free ... students used to learn EVERY subjects for 18 years ..... then they used to specialize in one subject they choose...... education system was broken down deliberately to destroy the backbone of Indian Civilisation and the. Even 150 years back there was many still active Universities like Takshila , Ujjain , Bishakhapattanam and many more .... see this link the work of students of Bishakhapattanam Universities through this link ...
http://www.indiatribune.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=2450:worlds-oldest-dam-is-in-india-it-is-still-in-use&Itemid=462
And
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDL8MlldM9U

this is only made by Bricks ..... :icon_eek:
What you have in mind my dear friend is a picture of Modern India Given to you to digest silently without any choice ..... Have you heard of Macaulay, who was paid to destroy the Education system of India ..... and institute a new kind of system ...more modern in appearence only to make Indian people British in every sense only they will look like Indians. We are the result of such system ..... we can speak in english , we can think in english ...but can't speak of think in Sanskrit.
What you will say to those barbarian Soldiers of Babar , around 6 million soldiers lived 2 years in camp beside Nalanda University (one of the most prominent University in the ancient world) and cooked their food by burning only Scriptures or say it books from University.
Those fools never knew Knowledge never lies in books ..... those are only words ..... :)
By the way ..... a son of Carpenter will generally choose and perform well in Carpentry if it meets up his family need well ..... material work was not important or Soul Goal like career goals of today .... it was salvation ...anyway ...still if one son of carpenter wants to become a Kaviraj or doctor there is no ban ..... like there was no ban if one sudra tries to overcome Tamo Gunas and become Bhrambhana someday :) .

Being Bhrambhana the head of the Maha Purusha ... Chest is Khastriya ...arms are Vaishya and legs are Sudra .... no one is less important in a Vedic Society ...anyway those days are gone and we are definitely in heaven , isn't it lol ..... no work is less ..... more over ..... when you bow ...you head bends ..... its always Bhrambhana , the head of the Maha Purusha that let go their ego ....others did not need to .

So yes ... all the scriptures are absolutely right.

Will reflect more later ... Namaste

kumarjitghoshal
04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
3. Practice
3.1 Hinduism has always been perfect. Then how come we are not perfect now? Compared to any other country, India has been following Vedas better. Then, why is it that US, Germany etc are evidently superior to India in terms of scientific knowledge, wealth and general ethics?
- i think i have already mentioned ..... the changes we are going through was already foretold in most of the scriptures like Manusmriti ... and Veda in some place..... so what ever is going on is too perfect :smile: ..... nothing stays stand still ...you know my friend.
As you have mentioned .... yes ..USA , Germany etc. are evidently superior to India in terms of Scientific Knowledge , Wealth and General ethics ,..... its good news my friend ..... i am hindu .... i believe in Universal Brotherhood ....... your point is why India is in such state ! ... isn't it ! ...... what do you think a Monkey will do when it is mad , then drinks a lot of Ale then a Scorpion bites it ! ..... Indians are like that today :hug3: ..... firstly even after Independence , we did not throw out western educaton that is not fit for our Country... because of this Monkey Madness.
Secondly ..... most developed country (China , Russia , Japan that you didn't named ) have their education system in their own Native Language ....... But here In India our great great Politicians and wealthy peoples drank a lot of Ale of English Language and throw out Sanskrit..... we forgot sanskrit .... we forgot our technology ...... Still what we know is nothing but a imported version of our own ancient technology.... don't you believe me ...ok giving you my findings ... if you have patience read this carefully ...........

In ancient India Spirituality and Science used to run side by side .... there was no confrontation like today .... all the ancient scientist were Rishis ...
ANCIENT INDIA had all the knowledge ..today modern science has.
Well u have started with Aryabhutta's Zero ... the soul thought of creation .... I agree with u ... and i am trying to explain some other mathematical or scientific work (done by ancient Hindus) ..............
1. Bhaskaracharyya ..u may have heard of..around 200BC..He was EKLINGA SWAMI (a sampradaya of sannyasi)- wrote SIddhanto Siromoni..
The last chapter has a slok...
akristishaktischya mahitaya jat swasthang gurung swabhimukham swashakta
akristye tat patatiba bhati same samastang kka pattatiang khe. -----------
Means .. when something is falling on the ground .. it may seem that the stuff is falling .. but the fact is the earth is pulling it by a force(AKARSHAN - in the sloke Akristi).. which is uniform towords everydirection .. this way all the planets are stable in their position due to this kind of force they apply to each other to maintain it.
This theory was told by Newton later we study in the school .. but no one tells us about Bhaskaracharyya ..
Again --- he told us in the same book ... that this is apparent (akarshan) -- it seems to be that way because all r in a different kind of velocity moving through time....
This is preety similar to the theory of relativity of Einstine !!Means beyond Newton.. its a theory of relativity we study today ... but no one tells us about Bhaskaracharyya.

AGAIN .... in another book named " GOLADHYYA" he calculated the peripheri of the earth - 4967 jojon and the diameter is 1581.03571428 jojon . (for referance .. 5.1 mile = 1 jojon according to MAGADH time.) AND THIS CALCULATION IS ALMOST EQUAL WITH THAT OF MODERN TIME!!!
WHEN Bhaskaracharyya did this ... barberians was prevailing western world.
AGAIN AGAIN .... the ratio of 4967/ 1581.03571428 or 119280/ 37945 or 3.14159 is first FIRST calculated by Bhaskaracharyya --- and the number modern scientist says "PAI" and WHITHOUT "PAI" there is almost no calculation in the phield of PHYSICS though we never taught about Bhaskaracharyya and his works... SPLENDID!!

2.Another Ancient Indian Scientist was LALLACHARYYA -- who proved that the earth is round shaped and slightly supressed at the poles .... Bhaskaracharyya .. in addition tells that ..
SAMO JATO SAYAT PORIDHE SATANGSHA PRITTHI NITARANG TANIYAN >
NARACHA TAT PRISTHAGTATSA KRITSNA SAMEBA TASSYA PROBHATATYA SA.
means ... man is too smaller in the relation to the size of the earth so ...he sees it as a round flat plane ,,where the truth is .. it is round ... or more specifically ..
"kopittha phalabat biswang" --- it looks like a fruit of BEL.
So they rightly calculated the structure of the earth ... in that time when after many many years Gallilio was punished for the same in Europe !!!!

3.Bhaskaracharyya again devided the earth perimeter 360degree in to equal 90 degree .. and gave a hints of allmost all the countries situated in those quandrants !!

4. IF U READ SOME DAY >>( I hope u read please ) THE SIDDHANTOSIROMONI u will understand ...
all kind of mathematics used in modern science today has the one and only origin that is India .... as for example """" PATIGONOT , BIJGONIT, STATIC, DYNAMICS, KYNETICS, HYDROSTATICS< BINOMIAL THEOROME, EXPONENTIAL THEOROME, VAYASKALAN OR DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS , INTRIGRIAL CALCULUS, CONIC SECTION .... and many more i dont know the english names ... here they r ... Jya - tatwa, Koti jya tatwa, Sparsha rekha tatwa, Koti sparsha rekha tatwa, Proghatsarani, Chakra Tatwa, Bhagan Tawta , Bhugol tatwa, Khagol tatwa ( relating to space) , etc.. etc .. etc ... etc .... I cant name them all SORRY !!
Now modern scientists tells us there is no books on Calculus in India ... !!!Newton Invented Calculus!!!
With due respect to Newton .. i must say .. how can some one calculate surface area of a GOLOK (or cuboical objets) ..?? Without Calculus it is impossible to know the diameter of the earth and surface area of a Golok.

5. Not only bhaskaracharyya ..Munanjal who wrote "Laghu Manas" also applied Calculus in the time of Aryabhutta.

6. RISHI GOUTAM, RISHI KANAD , ACHARYYA PRASTAPAD .,, all of them reached all the way a Modern Physics can go and reached beyond physics through spirituality.
U may have heard of 'KANA' the concept of smallets particle .. is named after Rishi Scientist Kanad.

7. lastly .. remember Heisenberg in the year 1925 and Shroedinger in the year 1930 explaind Quantum field when all scientists were stumbling with the explanation of the atom with the age old theory of newton .... Einstine proves that all is due to relative velocity... .. the theory of quantum field gave a relief to the scientists.NEWTON WAS DISCARDED BY THE FELLOW SCIENTISTS ...
Heisenberg, Einstein leaves a spiritual life afterwords ... when they know ... this universe after a subtle level does not maintain the relation of action and reaction .... The quantum physics born!!
MAHARSHI KOPIL ... saya many thousands years ago
"YUGAPAJJYAMANORNR KARJYAKARANABHABA" (sankhya1/38)
In the subtletily there is no Karjo karan relation ( cause . work relation)

8.Again Heisenburg told us after a certain level all experiments stops ... human cant' evade the truth with mere scientific instruments ,, which is covered by a mystic phenomena beyond sciencs.
Quoting Bridarabya Upanishad __
"HIRANMAYNA PATRENA SATYSAYAPIHITANG MUKHAM"
means ..the truth brambha is coverd by a Hiranmoy (golden) cover .. WHICH IS CALLED MAYA .

SON OF INDIA LOOK AT YOURSELF .. there is all the knowledge deep within, THERE IS NO TRUTH IN SCIENCE >> SO INDIA EMBRACED SPIRITUALITY TO EVADE THE KNOWLEDGE.
RECENTLY PROF.HAWKINGS calculated the diameter of the Universe is near about Zero and explained it in "the universe in a nut shell" his book. u can read it ....
But this is not a new to a HINDU .. we know from childhood ... Our grandparent told us ... that SHANKARAYA says
" BHRAMBHA SATYA ,,, JAG JHUTA"

My dear friend ..... human does so many rediculous things to achieve only one thing ...that is peace ..... IT is not possible until and unless Human finds he and his father .... self and supremeself are one . No technology can do that ..... you talk about US , Germany .... i appreciate their achievement in material world ....but you might not know the unrest inside ...... they readily and highly consume anti anxiety pills .... most relation is stable .... those are stable ..you will find religion is behind it.
Yes ...you can definitely ask ...India is also growing anxiety .. i will say Yes ...even sometime it show we have more unrest then them :smile: .... only because the last condition of that Monkey i told you before ..... A scropion of Material achievement biting us constantly ..... Bread , pulses and Krishna nam Japa with easy life style is fast disappearing from our country ...... well .... Darkness is needed ..... then one will value Light more and more.
A humanity which has done nothing for its inner well being – how can it create external well being? How do you expect it to work?

But still ..... inspite of my so much efforts ....you will see what you want to see ..... My dear Friend .... i accept you views too .... you must be yourself ..... :hug3:

(to the admin : don't worry ...it is my writing :hug: )

kumarjitghoshal
04-07-2013, 09:30 AM
3.2 Unless we start practicing the right way of Hinduism, wont the world risk loosing Hinduism? Other religions might try to eliminate / convert Hindus. Some will convert out of free will (Hinduism has declined by around 3% since 1961 and Islam has grown by 3% in India en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_India ). Ultimately is there not a risk that future human being might not even get a chance to understand Hinduism?
- don't panic ..... :D , like i said before ...all are perfect. The only thing you can do is giving yourself.

kumarjitghoshal
04-07-2013, 10:08 AM
3.3 “Sati” was never a practice mentioned in any of Hindu Rules. (including Vedas and Manu Smriti). Neither did Shiva/Sati tell anybody to do this. It was followed in India by “people”. The religion had nothing to do with this practice. - here is a useful link for this ...
http://koenraadelst.blogspot.in/2013/03/the-rg-vedic-reference-to-sati.html

AND .... this

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/hare-krishna-forum/244254-does-sati-practise-have-origin-teachings-veda.html

i can only tell you .... the last Sati happend in Rajhasthan in modern India around 1988 to 1992 , can remember properly and can't get any reference right now .... in a Village ..... with the full consent of the Woman ...... and everybody was in awe .... she never screamed in the process :icon_frown: .

3.4 Status of women. The status is same as men. There are references to certain restriction to women. But these restrictions might have been manipulations made by people. In Hinduism, everyone is equal. - yes you are very true. All core scriptures never restricts anything for women. but one must understand Woman must be respected for being a woman ...not because she can do things like men.
Mother is highly placed in Hindu society ..... we call our Country as mother .... even we see Earth with a feminine virtue.

3.5 We could have done much better. When one by one people came and tried to destroy Hinduism (including human beings and resources – Nalanda etc), we Hindus (including Brahmins, Kshtariya, Vasihyas and Shudras) did not do enough to protect the human beings. Our actions were not right. (We did not act as much as we should have) -
yes friend .... but it happens when dark time appears.do not forget ... Alexander was stopped by the river of Sindhu for which we got the name of Hindu lol .... after that he was spiritualised..... but those days are gone. Everything decays .... don't worry ....everything will be built up again .... :hug2:

3.6 Our discrimination was wrong. We did not know whether a visitor (Mughals, Britishers) came for our good/bad. We applied “Athithi devoh bhava” and forgot what Krishna says in Bhagavad gita about selfless action. -
Yes ...true. :D

3.7 At present, most (95%) of the hindus (including Brahmins, Kshtariya, Vasihyas and Shudras) are selfish and do not follow their conscience.
- Bhrambhans are sole to blame .... when fish starts to decompose ...it always start from the head. Bhrambhanas forgot to obey Vedas .... Bhrambhanas did sin .... they did not sacrificed themselves to Supreme consciousness. Rest of the society simply lacked Ideals for life.
If there is One Vedic Bhrambhana , 100 Khasthriya will rise .... others will simply follow.
All are due to unrest was injected ... no one is happy .... Only "when you are truly happy, you can be concerned about somebody. When you are unhappy you are only concerned about yourself" - Sadguru.

4. Other
4.1 If you feel any other information might help me understand, please do mention that also. - You ask ...i will try to reflect my opinion honestly.

:coffee2: i hope i didn't hurt you or anyone whoever is reading this post.:hug: i love all ...and appreciate each and every religion.

If a man is intelligent everything that happens is an opportunity; if a man is stupid everything that happens is a disaster. - Sadguru

SimplyHindu
22-11-2016, 03:27 PM
There is no right or wrong understanding. Just understanding. Hinduism enourages us to enquire the world around us. Self-enquiry is the first step to detachment and dispassion.

Regarding your query on casteism above, let me share an ancient story.

Lord Shiva meets Adi Sankara and teaches him about caste of a person

One day Adi Shankaracharya took a bath on the ghats of the Holy Ganga in Varanasi and proceeded towards the Vishwanath Temple to pay homage to Lord Shiva.

As he was walking towards the temple from Manikarnika Ghat, a cremation worker (lowest social class of that time) approached him along with four dogs from the opposite direction.

Adi Sankara realizing that the cremation worker, an outcaste, was approaching him, stopped and said, “Step aside and let me pass.”

The outcaste continued to move forwards and Adi Sankara spoke excitedly in a loud voice, “Stop! Move away and let me pass.”
The cremation worker stopped a few feet away and smiled. He asked Adi Sankara, “Whom are you asking to move away, sir? Are you demanding the self to do so or the body to do so? For this body is built up of food. Is it your wish to keep it at a distance from that body which is also built up of food? Or do you wish to separate the pure Awareness which is present here from the same Awareness present there?”

Adi Sankara was amazed at these words of the outcaste who continued speaking, “Sir, Does it make any difference to the sun when it is reflected in the waters of Ganga or in the dirty waters of the puddles in the streets of outcastes? Does space change if it remains in a golden pot or in a mud pot? Is there any difference between the outcaste and the Brahmin from the viewpoint of the knower of the Truth? Is your knowledge of the Brahman so bounded?”

Hearing these words of the outcaste, Adi Shankara was amazed. He realized he was in the presence of divinity. He folded his palms in adoration and spoke , “He who perceives all beings with an awareness of same-sightedness, he who acts in accordance with the perception of one consciousness in all and respects every being, he indeed is my Guru. You are my Guru. I bow down at your holy feet a million times”.

As Adi Sankara bowed before the cremation worker, the man and his canine company disappeared. In its place appeared Lord Shiva. Shankara’s mind was filled with intense devotion. He bowed down at the feet of the Great Guru of the Universe and then composed the profound five verses entitled “Maneesha Panchakam” which define the true stance of Hinduism on the caste system.

acorn
26-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Kumarjitghoshal.......wow....what an incredible read...I enjoyed every word of it.

that was so informative on many levels...real good stuff

SimplyHindu.
."There is no right or wrong understanding. Just understanding. Hinduism enourages us to enquire the world around us. Self-enquiry is the first step to detachment and dispassion"

this is nice too.

Love
acorn

woodmeister
19-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Oh, Simply, what a magnificent story about Lord Shiva. And how HUmble Adi was. This is inspirational. God, I love the Dharma. Sorry just compelled to song. lol.