PDA

View Full Version : avatars what do people think

peteyzen
08-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi folks, like so many I am trying to develop my spiritual side, I am serious about advancing and using this life to its utmost. My teacher works on me directly but he also recomends that in order that i advance in the safest and swiftest way that I ally myself to an avatar. I wondered if any other members have come across these beings and if they have, how their experience of dealing with them was.

My understanding of an avatar is quite simply the divine come to earth in human form, ie Jesus and krishna, but there are also one or two avatars around now, like sai baba and mother meera
love to hear what people think.

sprite
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
hi peteyzen, sorry about this but after reading your thread i had to look up what avatar ment :redface: sorry but only way i learn, and yes i had no idea what one was.. anyway thought id add a little more information of what i found out through research and maybe theres others on here who didnt know what an avatar was but didnt like to ask. Hope you dont mind

The word Avatara, from Sanskrit "descend, coming down", means the descend of God/des into a human body, in order to help and save the world. The Bhagavad Gita may have been the first literature to introduce the concept of Avatar, when Krishna says to Arjuna:
"Whenever there is decline of Dharma (righteousness, Religion) and ascendance of Adharma (unrighteous), then O scion of the bharata race, I manifest myself. For the protection of good, for the destruction of evil, and for the establishment of Dharma, I am born from age to age." (Bh.G. IV-7,8)

But, you may ask, has not every human being God within himself, can we not all discover our own Divinity? Sure, this is what it is all about. Just as we have not yet realized it, we are still growing to understand our own inner nature. We are therefore evolving 'upward' (or inward), while the Avatar does not need to evolve. S/he comes here to show us our true nature, and help us to recognize our own Divinity within.

Mother Meera: "Avatars come from the Divine, while self-realized persons go to the Divine. Avatars are always one with God and never lose awareness of the Divine, unlike gurus who began ignorant. To become self-realized, people - through spiritual practice, meditation, and japa - work hard and then reap the fruit. Since they have worked strenuously, they expect others to work as they have; they do not have as much patience as do divine personalities. Also, Avatars can change things faster."

DASA
09-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Hello Peteyzen,

I'd personally be very wary about anyone who called themself an 'avatar'. If you want to get in touch with a guaranteed avatar then by reading Bhagavad-Gita you are already personally hearing the words of the fountain of all avatars : Krishna ('krsnas tu bhagavan svayam').

There is a large book called 'Srimad Bhagavatam' which describes the lifetimes of a whole host of avatars throught history, you may find this interesting? It speaks in details of the avatars before Krishna, such as King Ramachandra, and Nrshrimhadeva and also after Krishna, such as Buddha and Kalki.

See online link here:
http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/3/en1

Best Wishes,

Das
:smile:

dreamer
09-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Quote from Sprite: But, you may ask, has not every human being God within himself, can we not all discover our own Divinity? Sure, this is what it is all about.

Hi Sprite -great post. I particularly agree with the quote above because you are right. You and everyone else is already that which is sought. Your true nature is always present, how could it not be? You are the manifestation of "God" right now and so is everything around you, there is nothing more than this, you are the dreamer and the dream, everything is just as it is meant to be, no need to do anything more than enjoy this perfect oneness.

Quote from sprite. Just as we have not yet realized it, we are still growing to understand our own inner nature. We are therefore evolving 'upward' (or inward), while the Avatar does not need to evolve. S/he comes here to show us our true nature, and help us to recognize our own Divinity within.

The great thing is this does not need to be learned just realised and it seems you know this already, it is already realised by you. Step up to the plate and live the dream, anything is possible if you have an open mind.

peteyzen
09-05-2006, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=DASA]Hello Peteyzen,

I'd personally be very wary about anyone who called themself an 'avatar'. If you want to get in touch with a guaranteed avatar then by reading Bhagavad-Gita you are already personally hearing the words of the fountain of all avatars : Krishna ('krsnas tu bhagavan svayam').

Hi Das, thanks again for your advice, I am already very close to the blue guy, as is my teacher. And I know what you mean about being wary, many claim the title but few really are. I have to say though for me personaly I have a good feeling about both mother meera and sai baba, althougn I know both at times have recieved bad press and bad feedback from ex devotees. I will however take your warning in the spirit it was meant. I do however find it strange that many people who are in very solid well founded religions, seem very reticent in believing that the god who they worship so strongly, might actually have popped back during what is the most serious and dangerous time for humanity ever, both spiritually and physically. In fact they seem to almost shy away from the possiblilty is this from fear do you think or just the fact that some religions (not yours by the way) are so diluted now that theyactually fear that god might come back and tell the truth and in so doing ruin their power base?

peteyzen
09-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi Sprite -great post. I particularly agree with the quote above because you are right. You and everyone else is already that which is sought. Your true nature is always present, how could it not be? You are the manifestation of "God" right now and so is everything around you, there is nothing more than this, you are the dreamer and the dream, everything is just as it is meant to be, no need to do anything more than enjoy this perfect oneness.

quote from dreamer

Hi dreamer, maybe I am wrong but I see it similar but different. I see us, as the divine, as you do, but on a personal level, through my own experience (or lack of it) thus far, we appear to be wrapped up in our egos,/characters/ humnan ness, which kind of stops us recognising our divinity, stops us merging with god , if you will. For instance, I take the point that we are all god, we are all everything, but I am utterly unaware of being anything but good old peteyzen. I have no sensations at all if you get kicked or fall in love. I do undesrstand the `spiritual knowledge that asserts that we are god and all one and I agree` but I need the realisation bit. And I think that this is what the avatars are here to do, their role is to lead us to this final break through, amongst other stuff,if indeed they are what they are puported to be.

Blimey that was deep, got to get more coffee now!!!

dreamer
09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi Peteyzen,

it sounds as if you are where i was last week. You know we are all one - tell me what does this mean to you? This is the key.

One thing I will say that might help is this, imagine this is a dream you are the dream and the dreamer, now you can understand how this can all be one. What you hold in your heart and head shapes the world around you, this is the dream, one actor playing a billion characters all at once, you are the actor not the character - and so is anything else you see around you, the more you believe this the more you will see it proved correct. Tell me do you feel shame when you dream - this is a dream. There is no limit beyond your doubts.

Hope this helps - be the best peteyzen that you can be, let your imagination run wild, it's great fun.

peteyzen
10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Tanks drreamer, yes it does help . I have heard the dreamer amd dream analogy before but you have deepend my understanding of it, thank you.

DASA
10-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I know what you mean about being wary, many claim the title but few really are.

From my experiences travelling and speaking with people it seems evident that there are number of people, (especially within India) who have developed certain 'mystical' abilities, (or who are born with them from previous lives) and that use these abilities to trick others into believing they are God. I obviously can't say it's true in every case, I just don't know ...

I do however find it strange that many people who are in very solid well founded religions, seem very reticent in believing that the god who they worship so strongly, might actually have popped back during what is the most serious and dangerous time for humanity ever, both spiritually and physically. In fact they seem to almost shy away from the possiblilty is this from fear do you think or just the fact that some religions (not yours by the way) are so diluted now that theyactually fear that god might come back and tell the truth and in so doing ruin their power base?

From Vedic scripture it's understood that the appearance of an avatar is a very rare, and special event, so I can very much understand people being sceptical when there have been literally 1000's of people claiming as such in the past 100 years. I agree with your points about people being fearful and being attached to power, but still even if that is the case it's still no proof that people are really who they claim to be...? Unless someone can display their 'Universal Form' to me as Krishna did to Arjuna then I'm personally not going to subscribe to anyone as God on Earth.:wink:

Best Wishes,

Das

dreamer
10-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Enjoy Peteyzen, you sound as though you are ready to and remember when you are having a bad trip the only way to make it good is to accept it and enjoy it. When you stop fighting against it the animating spirit will bring you nice things.

The world outside is a mirror for what you are inside, you cant change your reflection by telling it to change only by changing yourself, everything is you, now you can love yourself or play with yourself or whatever you fancy without guilt - well that comes with practice, but the skies the limit - enjoy.

peteyzen
11-05-2006, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=DASA]
Das

Hi dasa, yes I know what you mean about seeing the universal form, it is the ultimate. I do feel though that that experience, as was given to arjuns, is an earned one, in that God may require a show of faith before bestowing such a high honour. That would mean that, just as in the gita, one would need to believe before as did arjuna, before the form was shown. It is a dilema in a way,in your position one could argue that until you, personally or I have seen this vision of vishnu, we cant believe in krishna, do you see what I mean.
After all God is god wether it is krishna`s incarnation or, (if he is god as well), sai baba`s or another avatar

But I do take the simple truth of your warning to heart, of billions of souls it is unlikely any are avatars. However, in one of your own quotes (from the gita) that you posted recently where Krishna is speaking with arjuna , he mentions that he returns when things are really bad to get man back on track, well surely if he was going to come in one form or another, now would be the time?

Love your posts dasa they really make me think. love and light peteyzen

peteyzen
11-05-2006, 08:36 AM
dreamer, your crazy!! but in an odd way you make sense. You remind me of a persian poet called Hafiz, I think you two would have got on great, he liked a drink and to do the stuff that is frowned on but boy did he love god and understand how it all works.

DASA
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
It is a dilema in a way,in your position one could argue that until you, personally or I have seen this vision of vishnu, we cant believe in krishna, do you see what I mean.

Hi Peteyzen,

excellent point - we need some experience of Krishna in reality. That's where the maha-mantra comes in... Krishna's most widespread avatar in Kali-yuga is His Holy Name.

Gouranga !

Das

peteyzen
12-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey dasa, always a privilage to read your posts. I suppose the crux of the point I am swanning around is this: If avatars are here (big if, I know) then is it not in our interest to go and meet them. After all God is God, and what if one of them is actually kalki??? I know several people who assume he will just make himself known, but what if he doeasn`t, we can`t predict Gods actions. he may just want a sign of openness and trust from us before revealing himself.
I know many people who have benefitted from a visit to see one of these avatars, I think for myself , I`m prepared to take the risk that they may not be god, becuase if they actually are, then the least I can do is to go and pay my respects whilst here.

You know what the funny thing is, several years ago I couldn`t even enter a conversation with anyone who used the three letter G word, I found the whole thing ridiculous that people could even conceive of putting their trust in a ficticiois God but now look at me harping on, Now that is a miracle!!!

dreamer
12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi Peteyzen, thanks for the compliment above, two weeks ago I would have toiled somewhat against my crazy inclinations but now I don't think you could have said anything nicer thank you. It's funny how limiting "sanity" can be don't you think.

Have you listened to the words of Crazy by gnarles barclay, very apt, it is true there is a lot of wisdom in all music i feel. Listen with the right mind set and it is though God is speaking just to you. It is in the noticing of small details like this that God reveals himself - omens they used to be called.

I suppose an avator would always listen to the whispers of the universe, wei wu, if this is the dream no effort needs to be made, but how perfect a dream would you be brave enough to accept? At what point would the shame kick in i wonder. These are good questions to contemplate i feel. When things start getting a bit surreal will you go forward or pull back. I choose forward, i think. ha,ha,ha.

I notice your posts have become a litlle more free and easy - i like your style dude.

Take care.

Glorymist
14-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Dreamer - - Peteyzen - - All - -

Avatars are here - - tho perhaps not by that specific "title." And maybe in more numbers than one believes.

Follow the advice Dreamer put forth. Dream an audience with one. You may just surprise yourself - - tho not necessarily in the physical.

You people are incredibly aware. Just because you may not as yet have a specific and concrete definition of what you are aware of doesn't mean that you are not. Did that make sense ??

And Peteyzen - - Hafiz was a dude ! !

:->

dreamer
14-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey Glorymist,

great post. Ask for what you want and you shall have it dude. What ever you are thinking about most will come your way, as TzOlKiN said to me a couple of weeks ago, be careful what you wish for but you already know this.

Enjoy dude.

peteyzen
15-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Dreamer - - Peteyzen - - All - -

Avatars are here - - tho perhaps not by that specific "title." And maybe in more numbers than one believes.

And Peteyzen - - Hafiz was a dude ! !

:->

Tru glory, whats in a name any way
and as far as hafiz being as dude, wasn`t he just!!!
glorymist, have you come across any avatars or whatever they might be called, me old fruit???

peteyzen
15-05-2006, 12:09 PM
[ When things start getting a bit surreal will you go forward or pull back. I choose forward, i think. ha,ha,ha.

I notice your posts have become a litlle more free and easy - i like your style dude.

Take care.[/QUOTE from dreamer]

Things are quite surreal at times already my friend, and yet they are correct, although I have yanked my self back and stopped my momentum several times already... Why do we do that, especially when we know better, is it good old ego eyypoos do you think. I hold faith in the old warning given by a sage to his student who wanted advice about embarking on the spiritual path.
He said. `Best not to begin, if you start best finish`. so having started I`d best plod on.

I don`t know if your style is becoming clearer or if I am just tuning in more but I like your style to, me old muckker.

dreamer
15-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd say it's oneness getting clearer.

Glorymist
15-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Peteyzen - - yes.

peteyzen
16-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Peteyzen - - yes.

Thats good then
heh heh

DASA
19-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Dear Petey & All,

there is one recent avatar who'd I'd personally take as an incarnation of Krishna himself, based on evidence in the sciptures and the advice of devotees I have much personal respect for - and that is Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, (b1486) the 'Golden Avatar'.

From Mahabharata, Chapter 189 of the Dana-dharma-parva

"In His early pastimes He appears as a householder with a golden complexion. His limbs are beautiful, and His body, smeared with the pulp of sandalwood, seems like molten gold. In His later pastimes He accepts the sannyasa order, and He is equipoised and peaceful. He is the highest abode of peace and devotion, for He silences the impersonalist nondevotees."

From Srimad Bhagavatam (Bhagavata-Purana), Canto 11, Chapter 5, Text 32

"In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Krishna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krishna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions."

If Sri Caitanya does not perfectly match these two descriptions (and many others) then I really don't know who ever could...

For a short description of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's life-story see:
http://srimadbhagavatam.com/introduction/en1

For further information on scriptural predictions of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's appearance see:
http://www.acbspn.com/godhead/gaura_1predictions.htm

I'm not saying this as some 'brain-washed' fundamentalist, I'm saying it after a number of years of study & practice with the aim of finding out whether or not I think it could be the case. Anyone else interested is welcome to ask the question.

Gouranga, be happy.

your servant,

Das

peteyzen
19-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Dasa, I know of lord Caitanya, and as you say ythe evidence suggests that indeed he may have been an avatar, or at the least some form of avadhutta
Some folks think ramakrishna was and others suggest that budddha was etc., My argument, (actually argument is the wrong word) is that if they (other avatars) are here now, in a physical form, then they are surely here for us now, whilst we are in a physical form. That being the situation there must be a strong case to at least visit them to pay our respects.

I have to say and I knoiw I`ve mentioned this before, krishna speaks of avatars coming when man is sliding into decadence and the ways of true spiritual progress drop off, surely , especially with mans ability, for the first time, to annhialate himself, if god were to come nows the time?

P.S. what does gouranga mean (its not that I think your swearing aty us in hindi or anything I just am curious.

DASA
19-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi Peteyzen,

'Gouranga' is often said in a way as to mean 'be happy', however the actual literal translation is 'golden-limbed' referring to Caitanya Mahaprabhu's golden complexion. It is like saying 'Krishna!' or 'Haribol!' if you're familiar with people saying that at all in little India (Leicester).:wink:

I don't know much Hindi, except how to say 'my name is Das' and say 'I'm fine', which saw me through last time I visited Eastern shores...

In terms of incarnations of Krishna you are referring to the following statement by Krishna in Bhagavad-Gita?

"To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium." (B-Gita 4.8)

From this it is understood that in each millennium (the actual word used in sanskrit is 'yuga' - meaning 'age') Krishna descends in various forms:

In Kali-yuga (the yuga we have now been experiencing over the past 5,000 years) there is said to be an abundance of strife, ignorance, irreligion and vice, true virtue being practically nonexistent, and this yuga lasts 432,000 years. In Kali-yuga vice increases to such a point that at the termination of the yuga the Supreme Lord Himself appears as the Kalki avatara, vanquishes the demons, saves His devotees, and commences another Satya-yuga. Nothing is mentioned of any other avatara's except for hints regarding Caitanya Mahaprabhu in parts of the Srimad Bhagavatam etc...

Buddha is listed in Srimad Bhagavatam as an expected avatar. The modern day scholar called 'Ramakrishna' is not.

"Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha" (SB 1.3.24)

"Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Vishnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers." (SB 1.3.25)

So from what the Bhagavatam says we will have to wait another 427,000 years before Krishna's next major appearance. (Not that there won't be special teachers and pure souls on the Earth in the meantime to guide people)

Gouranga :D ,

ys, Das

dreamer
20-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi guys,

have you ordered your copy of the secret yet? It's worth a look you'll like it and it'll make you laugh.

peteyzen
26-05-2006, 02:07 PM
In Kali-yuga (the yuga we have now been experiencing over the past 5,000 years) there is said to be an abundance of strife, ignorance, irreligion and vice, true virtue being practically nonexistent, and this yuga lasts 432,000 years. In Kali-yuga vice increases to such a point that at the termination of the yuga the Supreme Lord Himself appears as the Kalki avatara, vanquishes the demons, saves His devotees, and commences another Satya-yuga.
ys, Das

Das, thanks for the above quote, your vedic knowledge is encyclopedic.
I have a question though, because I don`t agree with the figures. I think the time is now, my question is this, how much worse can it get!!!You see I have been told that other sources say it is 5400 yrs since he was here last and that there is a mistake in the traditional understanding of the yurga calculations and the time is actually now. But what do I know

peteyzen
26-05-2006, 02:14 PM
In Kali-yuga (the yuga we have now been experiencing over the past 5,000 years) there is said to be an abundance of strife, ignorance, irreligion and vice, true virtue being practically nonexistent, and this yuga lasts 432,000 years. In Kali-yuga vice increases to such a point that at the termination of the yuga the Supreme Lord Himself appears as the Kalki avatara, vanquishes the demons, saves His devotees, and commences another Satya-yuga.
ys, Das

Das, thanks for the above quote, your vedic knowledge is encyclopedic.
I have a question though, because I don`t agree with the figures. I think the time is now, my question is this, how much worse can it get!!!You see I have been told that other sources say it is 5400 yrs since he was here last and that there is a mistake in the traditional understanding of the yurga calculations and the time is actually now. But what do I know

DASA
27-05-2006, 09:59 AM

Hi Petey,

according to the Puranans, the Kali-Yuga began shortly after Krishna 'left' the planet around 5000 years ago, so we are already in the Kali-Yuga, but it has got a long way to go yet. In the 11th Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam it desribes exactly how bad it gets near the end... it sounds very much worse than now! I've also heard many people say that at the moment we are experiencing a mini 'Golden-age' inside the Kali-yuga, which lasts for around 10,000 years. That accounts for the increase in interest in spirituality that is happening at the moment, alongside the negative tide of Kali.

Gouranga :-)

Das

Bob23
27-05-2006, 11:01 PM
My teacher works on me directly but he also recomends that in order that i advance in the safest and swiftest way that I ally myself to an avatar. I wondered if any other members have come across these beings and if they have, how their experience of dealing with them was.

Hey Peteyzen,

Great question!

I once asked my uncle about this whilst he was on the Playstation and he answered without taking his eyes off the television, he simply said, "Let life be the avatar, let life be the guru, and if you can't let that happen or understand it...let that be the avatar as well!"

Then he paused the game and started jumping around the room pointing at all the objects therein, saying, "Avatar...avatar...avatar...avatar..."

When he sat down again and looked at the playstation projected image on the television he bowed and said in a voice full of admiration, "Oh great avatar", his face lit up like a little child as he pressed the 'start' button and he continued to play the game.

All the best,

Bob23. :wink:

eternity
29-05-2006, 12:18 PM
yes avatars are real.They come to the planet earth in times of crisis.They all know the past present and future at the same time.
sai baba who lives in india is an avatar so is the divine mother meera who lives in germany.
There are one or two other avatars living on earth at the moment who do not seek or wish to seek public recognition for the time being.however they are here for the good of mankind and all life forms.
Light and grace.eternity.

eternity
29-05-2006, 12:24 PM
as you say lord krsna left the planet approx 5400 years ago.having said this he did stay here for well over 100 of earth years.all the avatars on earth at the moment are making a big push for treta yuga to come in faster.the planet is desperate for spiritual guidance.The real masters are here now to help all who ask for help.
light and grace.eternity.

peteyzen
30-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey Bob,
your uncle has hit he dandelion firmly on the melon, I like the old girl, I really do.
Everything is the same, all is one you are me and your uncle is a pineapple
May all your answers be special
Hugs from the batman fan club.

P.S.
If you want a boost, spiritually speaking, grab an avatar, anyone will do and dance the night away.
After all this party is sooo short, make sure you get the finest partner possible.
nudge nudge, wink ety wink.

dreamer
30-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Going back a few posts to Bob but without the technological expertise to be able to do an indented quote, it's true the universe is just shouting back at you what you whispered to it only a few days ago. You are your own avator, if only you would wear a loin cloth and walk through the streets flagelating yourself with a cat o nine tails reciting the rosary in mumbled tones you would see, you do it to yourself.

Is it the knowing you can have everything or the having itself that loses the want?

Bob23
30-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Is it the knowing you can have everything or the having itself that loses the want?

Hey Dreamer,

Excellent question mate!

Maybe the answer is before, during and after the question asked.

There's a story of a follower asking their guru, "When will I know the ultimate truth and folly of the search for that?" And the guru stopped picking his nose for a moment and said, "When you don't need to ask the question." Just then, a puddle bathing idiot popped his head round the ashram door and asked, "Who's asking?"

Be,

Bob23. :wink:

eternity
31-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Hello Glorymist,
Yes there are three Avatars here on earth at the moment.Two are known one is known to few.One or two more are here but do not wish to be recognised for the entire stay here on planet earth.However the work they are doing is amazing and is to help all life on earth.
They do not just work on your plane of existance but on all planes.
The name Avatar is correct,they are here to do what is on the tin.
Light and grace.
Eternity.

eternity
31-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Hello sprite,
Well researched.Thank you so much.All you say,word for word is correct.I wish to thank you with respect and humility.
All human life is ascending,the more one wants the final truth the faster the truth will appear.
Light and grace.

Glorymist
01-06-2006, 01:13 AM
eternity - -

Avatars are known for focusing on the human condition. As with all learning / teaching situations - - there is a hierarchy where some are beyond an avatar and many are below. They all deal with service to Life.

There are quite a goodly number of entities that are very capable of assistance on any and all levels. And you are right - - in the sense that most like to go about their work quietly. Just look at the stir the Da Vinci Code brought. People do not like their religious beliefs shaken up at all. Whether it is fiction or otherwise.

There is assistance to be had. It all comes from the earning of same.

And dreamer - - it's not necessarily a matter of wanting anything. It's more a matter of living it.

peteyzen
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
There is assistance to be had. It all comes from the earning of same.

and to the yearning , hi glory, great to hear from you again
hope life s been kind

Glorymist
02-06-2006, 12:11 AM
peteyzen - -

"Yearning" is part of the "earning" of it. After all - - if you are yearning for something - - you are earning it thru your desire / focus. There is - - of course - - much more to the "earning" of it.

HeH ! !

See how it got out of that one ??

Was down in California for about two weeks and was away from computers. Now I gotta play catch-up ! !

Glad to see you're keeping me on my toes ! ! :->

peteyzen
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Ah glory, you remind me of my darling wife, once again I have been quelled,
and feel the better for it,

When last we spoke you mentioned avatars, are you able to go further into detail or, if not thats fine.

yours yearningly peteyzen

Glorymist
03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
peteyzen - -

Check PM's.

packwidget
11-06-2006, 03:54 AM
peteyzen,

All that you seek is within. Your connection to All-That-Is exists within you as a flame. You are a segment of the universe set out to discover itself. You are blessed. Another cannot give you what you need to rediscover for yourself. As a seagull once said, "You begin by knowing you have already arrived."

Mart
11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey packwidget,

within what? I don't understand, CAN YOU EXPLAIN AGAIN MORE CLEARLY - i shouted cos i don't know, or maybe i do and i just feel like shouting?

Cheers dude.

peteyzen
12-06-2006, 11:01 AM
peteyzen,

All that you seek is within. Your connection to All-That-Is exists within you as a flame. You are a segment of the universe set out to discover itself. You are blessed. Another cannot give you what you need to rediscover for yourself. As a seagull once said, "You begin by knowing you have already arrived."

This is true packwidget, but i am not an island,my development is not solely down to me, although some might say differently. Other segments of this universe who are at a higher level can help me/us.and there are beings around now who have immense power to aid others progress. I have not yet arrived tho you see, My spirit is eclipsed by ego and that needs to be dealt with. And yes I agree with your seagull, good old jonathon, you do begin by knowing that you have arrived, but that is the starting point from there much work has to take place.

love and huigs

Glorymist
22-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Okay - - time to stir the pot here ! ! People have run for cover way too long ! ! HeH

packwidget - - I agree with Mart / dreamer. What do you mean by - - "the answer lies within" ?? You know how often that statement is tossed out into the conversations ?? Like - - it's supposed to be some kind of "answer" or something. But - - is it ?? What does that statement mean ??

In other words - - exactly what facet of Self are you considering to be "within" ?? That ties into your statement that the seagull claimed to be true - - "You begin by knowing you have already arrived."

So - - "who" and "what" is "you" in that statement. It could be taken as the emotions - - if one wishes to focus on an emotional side to it all. The mind - - not necessarily the ego - - would quickly and delightfully wish to say to the owning individual - - "psst. I am the "you" in this statemtnt." The mind would love to convince each and every individual on this planet - - "Hey - - why look any farther ?? You have already arrived, and "you" is that "energy" that is observing these thoughts." Or - - something like that. Mind will twist it all around and convince the individual that "you have already arrived" - - so - - just continue on ! !

That philosophy is rampant ! !

There are a number of members on this and other forums that base their existence on this belief. I have already arrived" - - or - - "I already am which I seek" - - or - - some similar belief.

If this is something that they are just beginning to accept as true - - then they are in a marvelous position to take charge of it - - revise it a bit - - and make it work for them in a most beneficial way ! !

But the longer it is carried in the above context - - that "I am already that which I am" and I simply have to observe the thoughts (ego) and this then puts me beyond form / duality / etc. - - then - - these people are in for a wolrd of grief later on ! !

People simply have NO idea just how sneaky / cunning / tricky the mind is. The mind is fully capable of directing the individual to believe all of this. And a lot of it revolves around the concept that - - if the individual simply has to observe the thinker and then "step beyond" the thinker and this puts him / her beyond mind - - then this gives the false notion that this is actually so without having to go thru the effort to actually make it happen from the core of Self Itself.

That's why - - people who have actually done this - - can look back and see that the people who are trying to do it "this" way are just kidding themselves.

Which - - admittedly - - can be fun. For a while.

Glorymist
22-07-2006, 07:46 PM
(Ahhh - - It felt good to throw out a bunch of "stuff" to see what people do with it.)

hee hee hee