PDA

View Full Version : Intense Emotion

Remnantique
13-01-2013, 04:10 AM
After searching the forum, I think this is the correct place to post this as I feel it could possibly be a form of empathy or clairsentience (in this sense connection based on the level of emotions on an internal level).

So basically, this mostly happens when i'm watching a form of visual media, be it TV or Movie. Most of all it's usually fictional media but I get it with real life stories too. I would be watching an event and something extreme happens for example someone dies and someone else gets really distraught. At this moment, an intense wave of emotion fills me. You might be thinking...well it's just an expected emotional response to well done acting. It feels more than that...i could be perfectly in a good mood and all of a sudden it fills me and I could cry in the face of 5 seconds of seeing the event. (I'm not bipolar lol) It feels like I can imagine if they were real and feel what they're feeling, which is funny since they're fictional so they're not really feeling anything, just acting. It just feels really intense. It's not just sad things either, I get moments when I feel an intense moment of joy, so powerful that to me it feels more so than "your average emotion", it feels like heightened emotion. Like it's not just being happy, it's a feeling of pure joy and sometimes I feel I can't really control it. Sometimes i'll just let it unfold but sometimes I can briefly stop it by snapping myself back to my senses, kind of instant blocking.

The reason i'm posting this is naturally because I feel it might be something along the lines of empathy. Someone told me they felt I was once, and if I was I told them it would probably be with environments and not people. I can sometimes feel instantly if a place will harbor good or bad spirits in the future. But I don't fully believe in myself about anything since it's not one of those spiritual powers which is overt, it's more of a subconscious thing which leads me to believe i'm just fooling myself.

Anyways, i'm just wondering does anyone else get this in aspects of their life? Like for no reason whatsoever you could get an intense feeling of joy so much you feel you're going to burst? Or an intense feeling of sadness that you can sympathies with them as if you were that person (regardless of having ever been in the actual situation yourself) ? And if not empathy then what is it? I get it all the time but don't have a clue what it is. I'd like to know more if people have any ideas so I can develop myself further if I have some kind of ability.

Belle
13-01-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure if the same thing but if I get engrossed in a TV programme, I can find myself crying when someone dies or overwhelming joy at the birth of a baby. I laugh at myself for getting so engrossed in a TV programme that it causes such a reaction.

I do also have feelings of joy or sadness like you say, I don't know where they come from.

It does bug me as I can't relate it to anything, and also I push it off in many respects as I prefer to be me, and not an attachment of someone else's emotions somewhere else.

Saggi
13-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Do a search on posts and threads by Medium_Laura

I received lots of support from the things she wrote!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

loved48
13-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Don't we all cry at sad movies, tragic events that happen in the world? Not just the bad things, but good things as well. I copied and pasted this

"h t t p://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080123070309AAMH1sA"

PATHOS-1. A quality, as of an experience or a work of art, that arouses feelings of pity, sympathy, tenderness, or sorrow.
2. The feeling, as of sympathy or pity, so aroused.

EMPATHIEA-"Empathy literally means ‘the power of understanding things outside ourselves’ after the Greek empatheia, but has come to imply a reliance on ‘inner feeling"

Empathy in Mental Illness
The lack of ability to empathize is central to many psychiatric conditions. Empathy (or social cognition) is probably affected by several factors, such as neurodevelopmental problems, brain damage and the onset of psychiatric illness. It is also amenable to manipulation and can be measured by neuropsychological assessment (both state and trait) and neuroimaging techniques. This book focuses specifically on the role of empathy in mental illness. It starts with the clinical psychiatric perspective and covers empathy in the context of mental illness, adult health, developmental course and explanatory models. Psychiatrists, psychotherapists and related mental health professionals will find this a very useful encapsulation of what is currently known about the role of empathy in mental health and illness.
EMPATHEIA-2
Empath is a term coming into common usage to refer to a person with a feeling expanded sensitivity or clairsentience.
Empath is a term coming into common usage to refer to a person with a feeling expanded sensitivity or clairsentience.

Empath may also refer to:
Feeling strongly what someone else feels. Picking up emotion and pain from violent movies, or violence in the news. Feeling pain in the head while watching a character get beaten while in a boxing match.
Empath (comics), a fictional mutant in the Marvel Universe.
Empath (fiction), any fictional character that has a paranormal or psychic ability to sense the emotions of others.
The Empath, a third season episode of .
featured the empathic crew member Deanna Troi.
Clairsentience, feeling expanded sense.

IsleWalker
13-01-2013, 04:20 PM
It feels like I can imagine if they were real and feel what they're feeling, which is funny since they're fictional so they're not really feeling anything, just acting. ...

Anyways, i'm just wondering does anyone else get this in aspects of their life? Like for no reason whatsoever you could get an intense feeling of joy so much you feel you're going to burst? Or an intense feeling of sadness that you can sympathies with them as if you were that person (regardless of having ever been in the actual situation yourself) ?
Remnantique--I don't think this is a silly idea and I've wondered about it myself. I feel these things often, but you may be an empath and this may be the way it is manifesting for you. Do you feel it around others as well? It may be the next phase.

This may sound weird, but I've always been interested in energy and how it manifests in our world. I began to wonder when I took pictures of "my place" in the interior where I walk, and that I love--and there was a bright blue orb in the picture--across the canyon where I was looking. It was exactly the blue orbs that I had seen at night when I close my eyes. I even began to realize that when I began visualizing things, it showed up. I was never sure if it was "me" or my guides. After a while I realized they are essentially the same thing.

In some of these pictures there were four different orbs in a line, moving from deep blue to a mixture of golden and white light and pink, to white.

The skeptics, of course, said it was just anomalies of photography, saying it proved these weren't orbs but just artifacts of photography.

I felt these were aspects of me, my consciousness, that projects out into the area when I am there. It is where my consciousness was. The different orbs I felt showed a loss of energy as I moved and/or different emotional states caught by the camera.

Since then I've begun to notice the "orbs" that appear in movies, video on TV. Of course, it is a function of lenses facing light and the light bouncing against the lens. At least that's the accepted explanation. But it doesn't explain, in my mind, why particular colors show in particular scenes.

But I've begun to notice that the colors that are picked up reflect the emotional responses that are happening. If it is a feeling of love and delight, it is pinkish, purple. If there is excitement and growth, greens appear. If it is just excitement and movement, red. If there is hope, yellow.

Every time I see one on TV, I back up the TiVo and take a good look at the orbs and the "emotion" that is being expressed. I feel that those cameras are picking up emotional dimensions surrounding the scene. It's like a circular window into the emotional environment surrounding. [I've often wondered why science doesn't spend more time developing devices to pick up more light waves that are out of our range to see. That would be extremely useful.]

And, yes, it is "real" emotion shown from actors, dependent on the scene. If they are good actors, they are actually feeling what is called for in the scene.

So that's my weird obsession--and it kind of ties with your feelings of the emotions on TV or in video. You do seem to have a heightened reception for it. I don't think I'm as in tune. But I am aware.

Just one of my many thought strains that are probably best left as "inside thoughts"! :tongue:

Lora

korryn92
14-01-2013, 07:03 AM
I am an empath and have noticed my reaction to movies are more exaggerated than the average person as well. It could be TV show, movie, commercial, but especially reading a novel since they are so detailed and intimate with the characters.

Sometimes I will fell sad(or other emotion) for an hour or more after a movie that was very emotional. I can only handle one movie with anything emotional in it a day otherwise I will be crying for hours.

My boyfriend thinks it's a girl thing, but knows I am the most emotional when it comes to movies out of anyone who watches them with us.

My sister is also an empath (figures we are identical twins) and reacts in the same way. We are so closely connected that most of the time we can feel when the other one is upset, sick, or injured. Most of the time we feel something out of the norm even for an empath, such as an emotion, pain, or sudden illness, but less intense and we usually call the other one and about 99% of the time there is something going on.

Just thought I would let you know my experience since I know I am an empath and figured you might be able to relate to my experiences.:smile: