PDA

View Full Version : Are these symptoms normal after a reiki session?

mm86
04-01-2013, 12:45 AM
hello everyone,

I recently had an energy healing (reiki) done for an hour over the phone 7 days back. I had terrible anxiety, fear etc due to a traumatic event and this led me to the healing session. Also, this is the first time I am getting an energy healing done. However, for the past 4 days I am feeling very strange sensations all over that I have never felt before.

1. For the past 3 days, I have been getting symptoms of out of body experience when I go to sleep. The vibrations around me get stronger and stronger and I feel like as if someone is casting a spell on me to sleep.Day before yesterday the strong vibrations lasted 5 hours and the need to leave my body was so strong. It was so freaky that I was up all night with the lights on and had to fight off sleep which is strange cause I am an insomniac.

2. I am constantly in a spacey feeling and feel something buzzing around me all the time. Today I tried meditation for sometime and when I closed my eyes I felt something inside me moving to the left. I looked up to see if my chair moved but it did not. After sometime I started getting some disturbing thoughts about the traumatic event. I closed my eyes and asked myself " what it is that I need to know that will help me move on". I felt some hot air above my mouth like someone breathing near me and It had nothing to do with my breath as I tested it by holding my breath for sometime.This really scared me and I opened my eyes.

I will be getting a follow up session next week and the healer told me that she will be grounding me.I spoke to her about the vibrations and she said that it may be because I am a highly sensitive person.It could also be energy shifts as well.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? cause am really scared. Things like this have never happened before and am scared that some evil entity might be doing all of this.

Golden Angel
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi my dear, im sure this is all down to the shift in energy, i would suggest you drink plenty of water, and ground yourself regularly. Im sur ethe sensations will soon pass and i would suggest having a few more reiki sessions, to help unblock the chakra's, you may still keep getting these sensations but perservere as healing nedds to take place and release.
I hope this is of some help to you ;)
Love GA ;) x

Lynn
06-01-2013, 04:24 AM
Hello

I agree lots and lots of water...and grounding. What has happened is one got opened up maybe a bit too much or too fast is all. Its normal why I always have someone take a big glass of water from me before they leave me after a treatment.

Now when its done on line or phone then I have to trust that the person has drank but most times I can feel their energy if htey have not.

Too make sure that the one doing the Reiki fully disconnects their energy from ye. I knwo we are well trainned in that aspect of Reiki but we can all forget at times.

Lynn

Rin
06-01-2013, 06:28 AM
I recently had an energy healing (reiki) done for an hour over the phone 7 days back. I had terrible anxiety, fear etc due to a traumatic event and this led me to the healing session. Also, this is the first time I am getting an energy healing done. However, for the past 4 days I am feeling very strange sensations all over that I have never felt before.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? cause am really scared. Things like this have never happened before and am scared that some evil entity might be doing all of this.

IMO this healer has acted quite irresponsibly on 4 counts:

1. For westerners, traumatic events should be processed using standard procedures for such happenings. Reiki can then be used to mop up residual issues.
Reiki should not be used as the primary therapy of choice for traumatic event experiences if other methods are available.

2. A healing session of one hour duration is simple too long when dealing with traumatic events. More, and by implication longer, is not better.

3. The healer should have brought you down to earth, grounded, at the end of the session and should have given you some ways to achieve that, preferably a list of actions for you to perform even before the session started.

4. With such disturbing symptoms action should not be deferred to a session scheduled for a week later. It needs to be acted on now.

I would have doubts about entrusting my further well-being to this person.
My recommendation is to contact a counselor, psychologist, acknowledged spiritual director of a traditional religion, and consult with them.