PDA

View Full Version : Letting Go of Anger

Rebel*Child
29-12-2012, 05:44 AM
I am aware that negative energy from the outside can rot the inside of the self, but no matter how much I affirm that I forgive someone, or try to let go of the anger that builds inside from injustices around the world, my heart won't let me.

I can't heal myself or help others with this negative energy festering inside of me, but I don't know how to let it go. What do I do?

Seawolf
29-12-2012, 06:11 AM
I am aware that negative energy from the outside can rot the inside of the self, but no matter how much I affirm that I forgive someone, or try to let go of the anger that builds inside from injustices around the world, my heart won't let me.

I can't heal myself or help others with this negative energy festering inside of me, but I don't know how to let it go. What do I do?
For me letting go doesn't mean wanting it to go away but accepting it without judgment. When the anger comes up, first I try to remember it's all about me and not the 'outside' entity, then accept it as part of me. I try to remember to be thankful that it's come up to give me an opportunity to quietly observe and love my anger without judgment. For the deep resentments it's not a one time thing, it's a process and I have to be consistent.

Belle
29-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi rebelchild.

First, don't deny your anger, it is a powerful energy and it will lie dormant and it is there for a purpose.

Seawolf makes some very good remarks about anger.

Try to redirect your anger in a more creative way, the world isn't meant to be full of pacifists (I would class myself more as a passifist) but there needs to be people with your energy, to get up and make a difference in many different respects.

Be happy you are angry, be happy for this energy, see it as a blessing not a curse and in that way you will becoem the master of the anger not the anger being master over you. Don't see it as "wrong" but something to be directed carefully - as it is a powerful energy. BUt it is NOT a negative energy, let go of that concept!

Anger is a wrong energy when it destructs- and if you try and contain then it can destruct you or others.

What sort of things can you do with teh energy? Write letters highlighting injustices, campaign, volunteer, give time ... it's about creative channelling of the energy

And at the end of the day give thanks to the divine for your passion.

The only thing I would guard against is not so much your anger but judgment that might coincide, so always seek an independent view that you are not acting out of a bias, you are not ill-advised, you do know the whole story of the injustice, that you are not ego-driven and you are not seeking recognition or a kick out of your actions - but those are more subtle issues.

Separately, anger is healing for the self and if there are personal issues why you are angry, allow yourself to be so. Give yourself permission to be angry and give the anger the space to heal and transform - but in a way that you control it not it controls you.

Racer X
30-12-2012, 12:52 AM

Work with it!

Some useful tools:

Man And His Symbols by Carl Jung , this will help you understand the negative precedes the positive~

Teach Only Love by Gerald Jampolsky , this will help you understand how focusing on Love defeats the pull of polarity~

Anger: Cooling The Flames by Thich Nhat Hahn , this will help you better understand and weaken angers grip upon the Consciousness~

The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle , this will help you better focus on the moment and let go of the past which is an attachment to anger.

Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life: Do The Tao Now , Dr. Wayne Dyer meditation CD , this will help you RETRAIN your Mind so it works for you instead of against you.

Return To Love by Marianne Williamson , again focusing on the Cure helps to dispel angers hold.

A Course In Miracles by Foundation For Inner Freedom , this will disrupt old habitual patterns while retraining the Mind in beneficial patterns. It is tough for most but it is a Powerful and Direct method of breaking through EGOs hold~ Do not confuse it with "belief systems" as it is NOT.

The Secret Of Letting Go by Guy Finley

The Mystic Path To Cosmic Power by Vernon Howard

Autobiography Of a Yogi : Paramahansa Yogananda

Go Slow and steady , work a little each day ...... persist UNTIL FREE! Do not give in to nay-sayers ......... :smile:

Henri77
30-12-2012, 01:06 AM
OR
You can focus on more positive aspects of human life.

Regardless what I think-do the Arab-Israili thing will likely continue.
So you're letting this-whatever keep you off balance.

Anger itself is corrosive to our emotional-physical body .... and can cause disease over time... certainly weaken us.

Unless you're an activist, perhaps turning your attention to things YOU can improve might serve you better.

As suggested, emotional physical outlets are always an option. Whatever works to
clear you.

Tobi
30-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I can empathize with the feeling of anger.
But it is not of the Heart. Whatever it is, it does not originate from the Heart.
It is a primal energy which I feel comes from the sacral chakra. (in my estimation and experience, though others may not agree)
It carves trackways of habitual action/reaction. Like deep gouges in the Soul, down which energy flows because it has a habit of doing so.

Instead of being angry, try to create. Something -even on a small scale -that you would rather see, experience, and have others experience. Use the energy for that. Anger is only energy plus habit. Habit can be changed. Energy can be re-directed.
There are many injustices in this World that hurt the Soul of a sensitive person. The best you can possibly do is to start to change from within yourself, and radiate outwards a step at a time. If everyone did that, it would be a far different World.

Solace733
30-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I have been working on this also, and it is a process that i haven't fully achieved yet, but am determined to do so.

If this helps at all for you, I try to feel compassion for those that have caused harm to me, because if the person was truly content with themselves, they would feel no need to attack others. So i feel compassion(or i try to) for them by thinking, "wow, they must be really broken inside to treat others this way." This usually dissipates my anger a little at least. It doesn't make it ok what they have said or done, but, it takes the sting out a little.

Another strategy i use is to be in observer mode. When i am in ego, i react, when i am observing i can see my ego reacting but remain detached, which helps a bit.

One more thing i do is what i call "soul talks" . I get into a calm state of mind and i ask to talk to the person's soul. I then pour my heart out, all the hurt, anger, or my own guilt, whatever needs to be expressed as i feel at a soul level we are all innocent and aware of the energy intent and exchange, even if our conscious mind is not. After this i feel so much better like on some level i have achieved an understanding and healing... If any of this helps, great, if not, i send you understanding as i do feel for what you are going through.

MMM
30-12-2012, 01:02 PM
there can be stages to forgiveness
and anger can be one such stage

cleanheart82
31-12-2012, 11:22 AM
belle,
i love your responce, and really needed to see that! thank you so much!

Fergal
07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for sharing.

FlyHigh
07-01-2013, 03:06 PM
So many things that is not in ones control is going to happen. Lots of them bad and will hurt you. I try not to let them manifest in me and just focus on all the good stuff out there. It helps. Good conquers bad.