PDA

View Full Version : Self-love: The Greatest Healing Power

Sourcerer
28-12-2012, 11:32 PM
It is often stated that laughter is the greatest healing power, yet laughter (of the loving, joyous kind) is an aspect, an expression, of Self-love. Self-love and Unconditional Love are essentially the same Divine Force, and not only is it the "greatest" healing power, it is in fact the ONLY healing power. This can only be realized through careful observation of the nature of consciousness, which soul-searching and meditation are designed to accomplish. Quite often, the human ego wants to be "right" rather than be truly happy, and thus the healing power-flow of Self-love is short-circuited, which causes dis-ease. Self-hatred can manifest as cancer or any number of diseases. There are many "happy" people that develop such diseases, yet beneath the smiling faces of most humans is a deep self-loathing that needs to be addressed. Quite often when someone says to another, "You must love yourself," the other person immediately jumps to defend their ego with "I do love myself!" Practically speaking, loving oneself is not a "been there, done that" type of thing at all; rather it is a life-long process of Self-discovery, in which the incarnated soul learns to EXPAND in its practice of Self-love; the key is to ALLOW yourself to love yourself MORE and MORE. It is not implied at all in this article that most people do not have love for themselves; it is quite the opposite! The love is there, already present within us all, and only needs to be recognized, acknowledged and valued for what it truly IS--which is YOU. You ARE this Inner Self Love. Therefore, to recognize and increasingly accept this Self-love is exactly the same thing as loving yourself MORE. Self-love, Self-acceptance, Self-forgiveness, Self-confidence, Self-respect are all the same thing.

So, how is it that Self-love is the "only" healing power? Ask yourself, can one truly benefit from any medication and/or healing modality WITHOUT Self-love? Of course not. It is impossible. Self-love HAS to be present in order for any miracle to occur, without exception. Just as all hypnosis is really Self-hypnosis, as almost any hypnotherapist will wisely tell you, ALL healing is really Self-healing. "Physician, heal thyself," a wise master has said. No one can "curse" nor "heal" you against your own soul's will. No amount of prayer from others can override the subconscious conviction a person may have that says, "I cannot be healed." At the same time, no such belief as "I cannot be healed" can be permanent, and with assistance from the Higher Self the mind eventually begins to loosen up that arrogant conviction that it cannot be healed, no matter what the affliction may be (whether you find yourself healed while still physically-embodied or on the "other side"). There is really only one "affliction," and that is a false sense that love is lacking; it is a belief in being separate from one's Source. No one actually lacks love in their lives, but rather, again, it is a lack of RECOGNITION of the Divine Love that is ever-present within us, AS us. Just as in the novel and movie "Eat Pray Love" it is stated, "God dwells in me, as me," this is exactly the same as "Love dwells in me, as me," for Divinity IS Love.

No healing can occur without love of Self. This is a fundamental law of healing that needs to be recognized with crystal clarity. (Not even sniffing fresh coffee grounds can help you feel better unless you do it with a sense of inner Self-love. :D ) A major aspect of this recognition is learning to distinguish between the egoic "self" and the Divine Self. This is discovered through deep soul-searching, meditation, contemplation of one's True Divine Nature, with a true willingness to see beyond one's own illusions/delusions. As long you identify yourself with such tired cliche-ridden beliefs like "But I am only human," you will never learn to respect the True Nature of the Spirit. No one is denying your humanity here, your human reality. But learn to recognize the temporary, illusory nature of what you call the human body and the human persona. You are Spirit, first, and human, second, in this sense. The human IS a densified version of Spirit; at no point do you really cease to be Divine. Therefore, through remembering your True Nature as Divinity--not as some intellectual reasoning, but as a true, inner spiritual knowing beyond belief--you come to master the healing power of Self-love.

Self-love is the Foundation, the Mother, of all healing. May we all grow and expand in our multidimensional journeys of discovering more and more What we Truly Are as Unconditional Love. Amen.

Henri77
28-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Practically speaking, loving oneself is not a "been there, done that" type of thing at all; rather it is a life-long process of Self-discovery, in which the incarnated soul learns to EXPAND in its practice of Self-love; the key is to ALLOW yourself to love yourself MORE and MORE. No one actually lacks love in their lives, but rather, again, it is a lack of RECOGNITION of the Divine Love that is ever-present within us, AS us.

Ditto, allowing-accepting. Worth sharing-remembering.
No one can do really this for us, if we block it.
Yet if we truly love another, we get it also, in that moment.

Miss Hepburn
29-12-2012, 01:08 AM
I never knew that about laughing....I laugh pretty much the minute I wake up.
Somehow my hair looks like someone rubbed a balloon on it or some other
Tangled mess my pjs got into during the night and I can't stop laughing.
Then I tip over my glass of water as I go outside to get my one slipper the dog carried out into the snow...to only find now my sock is all wet from the dog's water dish slurp all over the floor...it never ends...I'm laughing all the time...I ask myself...why do I want to hang with anyone else I make myself laugh way more!!

:icon_lol:

Sourcerer
29-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Then I tip over my glass of water as I go outside to get my one slipper the dog carried out into the snow...to only find now my sock is all wet from the dog's water dish slurp all over the floor...it never ends...I'm laughing all the time...I ask myself...why do I want to hang with anyone else I make myself laugh way more!!

You, my dear, truly have a profound practical understanding of Self-love via the joy of laughter! :laughing8:

Sourcerer
29-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Ditto, allowing-accepting. Worth sharing-remembering.
No one can do really this for us, if we block it.
Yet if we truly love another, we get it also, in that moment.

Indeed, for Self-love is loving ALL, being that there is really only One Self, the Infinite Oneness; just as truly loving "another" is actually Self-love. Hence why there is ultimately no "other" way to love than Self-love, for God IS this "Self" that I speak of. Thus, Self-love = God-love. Excellent, brother. :smile:

Henri77
29-12-2012, 02:22 AM

Ditto, that''s a precious gift. We all likely envy.
I too laugh at myself but not nearly as often...

Ravens_Light
05-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Love your post, Sourcerer... Thank you for sharing..

Blessings, Cam/EM

running
05-05-2013, 07:31 AM

That's great!

in progress
05-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Excellent message. It's something I've been working on.

Sourcerer
05-05-2013, 09:03 AM
You are very welcome, my friends. You can see how super-popular the concept of Self-love is when it comes to healing, by the HUGE NUMBER of views and responses this thread has!! :icon_eek: :tongue:

running
05-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I think its helpful to spend time with ourselves. It seems life can be very busy. I remember having a business to deal with, and a million other distractions from myself. Its as if everything is designed to keep us from knowing ourselves. Trying to keep up with the in things society has at the moment. What's right? What's wrong? Should I be here? Should I be there? Should I wear this? I wonder what so and so thinks of me?

A million distractions and then some. I feel religious and spiriual ideas can also be distractions.

I thought to myself. This is to much. I'm gonna try a new life for me. I gave up on things little by little. I gave my small business away to my brother. I kept my friends and family but found a job that provides ample time to be alone. To find out who I am. The one thing I didn't know.

And love happend. I began to know me. I became content with me. And happybeing with myself . Now I don't need much cause I have me. The most important thing! Its awesome!

Arcturus
06-05-2013, 11:35 AM
i like the quote "self love is self doubt"...why does someone need to affirm their self worth to themself? because they feel worthless? self love, like positive thinking et al, is a reaction to a negative state and so contains it. we affirm a positive when we live in fear. understanding neither affirms nor deny's(?), it just is, and it may bring upheaval at first. why make any psychological action at all, ever?

running
06-05-2013, 01:16 PM
i like the quote "self love is self doubt"...why does someone need to affirm their self worth to themself? because they feel worthless? self love, like positive thinking et al, is a reaction to a negative state and so contains it. we affirm a positive when we live in fear. understanding neither affirms nor deny's(?), it just is, and it may bring upheaval at first. why make any psychological action at all, ever?

I'm a little lost on what your saying so I will try to answer the best I can from my perspective. I'm just gonna explain simply what I see about the topic.

We need language to describe how we feel so we may communicate.

If I spentt some time by myself and it made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. I would describe that as not being happy being with myself.

If I spent time by myself and I was happy and content. I would describe that as being happy or loving myself.

These are adjectives to describe an experience.

The importance I see of having a pleasant experience with myself are many. When I'm happy being with myself I am less needy. When I'm less needy its much easier to love and help others.
Self love expands outward because of this energeticaly and thru actions.

Its just describing an experience.

Arcturus
06-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm a little lost on what your saying

hi, which bit in particular or all of it?

running
06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
hi, which bit in particular or all of it?
How and why would someone not examine there condition of how they feel?

Arcturus
07-05-2013, 07:33 AM
How and why would someone not examine there condition of how they feel?

a question with a question...you said you are lost on my words. i was wondering if you could engage some of that self contented ability to help others (me), and point out how my thinking is flawed so that i do not delude myself.

i haven't suggested that anyone should not examine how they feel. usually, though, we do this through a window of desire, which invariably colours that which we are examining...generally we seek to emaphasize that which gratifies our needs and desires (so we are not disturbed inside our church of positivity) and deny that which doesn't. this is then personal bias, not truth. is it possible to watch ourselves without the past? to see ourselves as we are? not according to some "self love" theory or positive thinking ideal.

this is all part of the new age religion of positive thinking, with it's theories, followers, saviours etc.

'Where the Self Is, Love Is Not'-- j krishnamurti

Natalia
07-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Amen! Indeed :smile:
Enjoyed your post Sourcerer.

Thank you for being here.
Miss Hepburn, thank you also. Your presence is enjoyable. I love that you can laugh at yourself in these ways.

running
07-05-2013, 09:21 AM
a question with a question...you said you are lost on my words. i was wondering if you could engage some of that self contented ability to help others (me), and point out how my thinking is flawed so that i do not delude myself.

i haven't suggested that anyone should not examine how they feel. usually, though, we do this through a window of desire, which invariably colours that which we are examining...generally we seek to emaphasize that which gratifies our needs and desires (so we are not disturbed inside our church of positivity) and deny that which doesn't. this is then personal bias, not truth. is it possible to watch ourselves without the past? to see ourselves as we are? not according to some "self love" theory or positive thinking ideal.

this is all part of the new age religion of positive thinking, with it's theories, followers, saviours etc.

'Where the Self Is, Love Is Not'-- j krishnamurti

I wasn't asking you anything? I thought that's what you were saying and asking in reference to why you would try not to examine how you feel. I'm also not trying to attempt to teach you anything.

Honestly, there's things about spirituality or religion that I care for. To me there is some politics in it. I'm here because I experience something that cant be explained anywhere else. I'm not speaking of positive or negative. I'm not speaking of saving this or saving that. What I'm speaking of is intoxication. A liquid that springs out of your self. Swallowimg up all the ** and making you feel good. Its a drug. It requires nothing. Its what I would refer to as my self. Because I have to call it something. It can care less about what I call it. Or if I think its me, you, or god. Has nothing to do with it. Its just bliss. I have tryed. Nothing stops it because it requires nothing. I'm just trying to explain my experience so you may understand where I'm coming from.

So like I said. I'm lost of what your saying and how any way of looking at something has anything to do with it. I don't understand?

running
07-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Vecta3

I hope I'm not sounding sarcastic. If I am it has nothing to do with you. Its just frustrating trying to explain and understand this stuff. I may just have a strange experience. So I apologize in advance

Sourcerer
07-05-2013, 11:58 AM

My friend, the original post of this thread is about Divine Neutrality, and there is no way a person can be "neutral" unless one makes a POSITIVE DECISION. You are bringing up a very different subject than what this thread is about when it comes to the concept of "Self" that I gave, and your signature Krishnamurti quote speaks of "self" (which is more clearly signified by a lower-case "s," referring to the human ego, NOT the "Self" that this thread is REALLY about, which is about Divine Love Itself, in other words).

Krishnamurti mostly used the concept of "self" in a way that most Buddhists (and most people in general) use it, equating "self" with ego, and seeing it as an obstruction. The "Self-love" that THIS thread is about, in terms of the original post, essentially has NOTHING to do with human concepts of "self," but rather here the term is a pointer that references the Universal God-Self, the Divine Self, which is One. However, practicing loving the "self" in terms of the human ego is required before one can learn to surrender ego. And, even in "surrendering" ego to the "Higher Self," there will ALWAYS be ego in terms of the soul expressing itself as "human," even if you are Krishnamurti, Gautama Buddha or Jesus. There is no "extinction" of "self," of "ego," in the illusion of human existence.

Self-doubt is the OPPOSITE of Self-love, in the terminology of the original post here. What you speak of is another subject altogether, using the same words that I may use but speaking of a different subject. I am not speaking of egoic "self-love," for THAT "self-love" is indeed laced with feelings of doubt. I speak of Self-love in the same meaning that Krishnamurti, for example, would mean perceiving clearly beyond all beliefs. The ACT of expressing Self-love, which I also refer to as "Self-love" sometimes, is the same as practicing the "Art of Allowing," which is simply a willingness to release tension, struggle, resistance to one's True Divine Nature. That's essentially it. The exact same Inner Teaching that Krishnamurti expressed, in his own way (and even the same Inner Teaching that quite a few of the "gurus" that he himself had essentially stated that he "abhorred" have given. Even HE was essentially a "guru" in the minds of most those who admired him, and even in his own mind, as much as he and his "students" may have claimed otherwise!).

This thread has nothing to do with "needing" to affirm Self-worth, my friend. It is about surrendering even all concepts of "need." However, again, there is no full, lasting surrender when it comes to human existence, for human existence relies upon NEEDING the soul to fuel its illusory "existence" in the first place. You, yourself, always rely upon need--just as every other creature in the universe--for, again, your human consciousness "needs" Universal Consciousness in order to even "exist."

You have some ideas about Self-love that implies that there is something "wrong" about a person having a sense of needing to love oneself more. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with even very ego-based ideas of "self" and "love." Yes, a concept may be "erroneous" in terms of not being very much "in alignment" with Divine Truth, which is Unspeakable, but no one is wrong to express "need." Even YOU, if you were brave enough to admit it to yourself, express "need" every day, and very often, through your desires. Even the "most enlightened" or "liberated" of minds have varying degress of a sense of "needing" to do something, which is expressed through their desires. Be more honest with yourself when it comes to "need." NO human can operate, can function, without "need," "belief" and "desire." Impossible! :smile:

Humans are REQUIRED to learn higher ways of expressing love for "themselves," which of course is really the same as expressing love for "others." There is only One Universal Self, I sometimes say. It is not even "One," for It is Infinite and without number, but teachers like me speak of "Oneness," for it gives people a sense of Infinity, Eternity. I warmly suggest that you get clear about what "need" really is; it is DESIRE, BELIEF, as expressed within Universal Consciousness in any number of ways, for even the soul has desires and beliefs. "Desire," "belief" and "need" exist "prior" to human conception, in terms of the linear-time illusion, with EVERY thought and action we express being the "Universal Mind" at work.

Affirming a positive is RELEASING a degree of fear, my friend. What you speak of is actually the act of "pseudo-affirming" love, but even this has its place. The "positive" that I refer to in my teachings is about LOVE, not about a polarized "positive" that is an opposite to a "negative." I speak of Self-empowerment, awakening to one's True Self--which is ultimately the "ONE" True Self that is Infinite/Eternal. Affirming Self-love in ANY WAY it chooses is REQUIRED for the development of the soul fragment as it expresses itself in human form, and there is nothing that anyone can do to "stop" this development, this evolution. It IS illusory ("illusion" meaning "an interpretation"), but it IS part and parcel of human experience. "Positive thinking" is not necessarily a reaction to fear in the sense that you speak of. It often is for many, but it is not always so for everyone. "Positive thinking," in the highest sense, is simply a "letting go" of those thoughts that are not in close alignment with Divine Love. And even the "letting go" of positive thoughts is still a "holding on" to "positivity," in terms of Divine Essence. Even "Divine Neutrality" may be viewed as the "Ultimate Positive Which Has No Opposite."

You are reacting a bit strongly to this notion of "positivity," as did Krishnamurti often reacted in a knee-jerk way to what he heard, saw and read about "gurus." Be at peace with the notion that the "New Age" trends of positive thinking schools of thought are very much a love-inspired thing, despite the degrees of "corruption" that are apparent. Do not push *against* any particular teaching that you perceive, and realize that this is a "TRUE" attitude of acknowledging the Divine What IS, as expressed through the "is-ness" of creation, of human experience.

Remember that a true affirming of "positive" is THE SAME THING AS AN AFFIRMATION OF LOVE. You do not "need" to twist around words, equating "positive" with something that is "undesirable" or somehow unhealthy. Just because MOST humans often suppress fear when affirming "positivity," this does not mean that such expressions of "positivity" are ultimately without merit.

In this response I am not claiming that you personally see anything as being the opposite of what I am expressing, but simply giving a perspective that is generally seen in some circles as oppositional to some of the basic conceptions that you expressed, such as "self-love" as being a reaction to a "negative" state. Indeed, there is also a such thing as a "positive reaction" that is largely love-based as well. Reaction, in itself, is not unhealthy. It is rather how one chooses to react to the initial reaction, if that makes any sense to you. For example, often many people "feel bad about feeling bad." Placing guilt on top of guilt, in other words, instead of forgiving oneself for feeling "bad" or "guilty."

Understanding, in human terms, is still an "-ing," an act, an EXPRESSION, of Divine Understanding, which Itself is beyond all words to express. Yes, IT truly is neither an "affirmation" nor "denial," true. However, you are lying to yourself if you hold a belief that you (or anyone) can somehow humanly exist without affirming. "You," an as expression of Source, are ALWAYS affirming the "I AM," the fact that YOU EXIST--or shall I say the Fact of Existence Itself--no matter whether or not "you" humanly think "you" are or not, and no matter how "you" choose to personally define this "you." My friend, GET REAL about the "fact" that "you" (as an expression of Source, that is) will ALWAYS "affirm" and "deny," for this is something that human consciousness does, even those like the Buddha and Jesus, etc. It is Unchanging, Unmoved Source Itself--the Perfect, Permanent IS--that does not "affirm" nor "deny." "All else" (the illusions of separation, individual beings, time, space and movement) certainly does seem to experience degrees of affirmation/denial.

You are simply speaking of a "self-love" that is not what this discussion in this thread is essentially about, using a very different connotation of "self" (and even of "positivity") than what those like our brother Running and I are using in this discussion. To help, perhaps you can simply perceive the "self" that we speak of in terms of that Divine Love that Krishnamurti often spoke of, himself even using many different words to all mean essentially the SAME REALITY. Beware of basing your responses too much on word-play that you read upon a screen, as most people do, and GET the Inner Meaning.

Even dear Krishnamurti (BOTH Jiddu AND U.G.) KNEW that LOVE is the True Inner Essence of ALL, even of the "little self" that many call ego. A "True Master" clearly perceives Divine Love everywhere, even in "darkness," and not just as an opposite of "ego" or "self."

Be well.

Sourcerer
07-05-2013, 11:32 PM
why make any psychological action at all, ever?

Look in the mirror and see your own obvious contradictions. Your very post is the fruit of a "psychological action," by definition! No one, not even you, can function without a PSYCHE, a mind, and without that mind constantly performing ACTIONS. Your consciousness psychologically acts while you sleep (even in so-called "dreamless sleep"), while you meditate, while you are "awake," at all times. The psyche, the soul, performs numerous simultaneous actions, and it beats your heart for you and keeps you humanly alive. You could use a healthy dose of giving yourself more Self-love, my friend. Be more appreciative for what consciousness does for you.

Practically speaking, that question you asked makes absolutely no sense. See the obvious. You, yourself, always psychologically act/react. In fact, much more frequently (and psychologically attached) in this very forum than I do. You mentioned denial. Well, see how you are denying the obvious of what you, yourself, are already well aware of when it comes to the nature of consciousness in creation.