PDA

View Full Version : Spiritualism....newbie would like to know...

starling
28-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi

How do you define spiritualism?

How is it defined?

thanks,

David

krishna
28-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello,
For me it is what my form was in the very beginning of time.
How human form was accomplished.
Why the ego has such a strong hold.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

starling
28-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Hello,
For me it is what my form was in the very beginning of time.
How human form was accomplished.
Why the ego has such a strong hold.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

Hmmmm....

My golly that's a bit deep!

Interesting though.

Lovely
28-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I think it has a different definition for different person.

Me personally, it means getting in touch with the deepest part of yourself and nature. That's the best way I can describe it :)

Native spirit
29-12-2012, 01:01 PM
:smile: Hey David

Spiritulism is a philosophy a religeon

Namaste

Sslama
31-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I think it's an inner path which helps a person to discover the real meaning of their being...the deepest importance and meanings by which people live.

starling
31-12-2012, 05:28 PM
:angel4: :cool:

slaga
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
For me it is exploration. Exploring both rational and irrational thought. Science, art, music, philosophy, religion, psychology: it is all intertwined.

Neville
03-01-2013, 03:04 PM
I wonder if there is a definition..but here is my take. Philosophy is to me logic and fact based belief as far as is possible , where as spirituality is faith and feeling based belief... I know it's weak..but the words are eluding me, even as I write ..I think because Spirituality can be a bit ephemeral and indeed mercurial at times, so it's difficult to nail it down or pigeon hole it.:smile:

Shazzysun
10-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes, Neville, I agree, it cannot be clearly defined. And one of the reasons is because it is not associated with any of our five senses.

starling
19-08-2013, 09:32 PM
A willingness to experience and explore other states of consciousness?

Russell
23-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Thank you all for your interesting posts.

For me, Spiritualism is a science, religion, and philosophy of continuous life. It is a science because of the science of communication between this realm and the other realms of consciousness. Spiritualism is a religion because it seeks to help us awaken to the Source of all life. And it is a philosophy because the teachings given through mediums offer a broader understanding of life and help guide us in living right.

In a general sense, a spiritualist is a person who may not have a religion, but he or she does believe in spiritual principles. In a more traditional sense, a Spiritualist is a person who accepts and believes in the possibility of communication with those who have passed from this earth and who endeavors to lead his or her life based upon the highest teachings derived from such communication.

Spiritualism also is, at least in my understanding, an inward journey of awakening to our own divinity, a path to consciously experience our true being. It a real sense it is a conscious choice to act in harmony with the spiritual laws that govern all life and consciously evolve spiritually.

Hope this helps.

CrystalSong
23-08-2013, 03:48 PM
That was beautiful Russell, couldn't have synopsed it better myself.

Animus27
24-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Spiritualism is a religion based around 19th century mediumship movements, originally forming coherence in New York state.

Fairyana
26-08-2013, 06:25 PM
What Russell said. :-D

katyking
31-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi

How do you define spiritualism?

How is it defined?

thanks,

David

Hi David.
What an excellent question. You're sure to enjoy reflecting on the many answers that you'll get.
Here's another one...
"Spiritualism means many things to many people to some it is a philosophy, to some a religion, to some the science behind mediumship and evidence of life after death along with the natural laws of cause and effect, to some it is the life long study and attainment of spiritual wisdom.
Whatever Spiritualism may come to mean or be defined as by any individual, it is fundamentally a journey of unfolding one’s own spirituality with the aim of bringing about a transformation of the individual's spiritual qualities, morals and ethics for the betterment of self and to the benefit of all in this life."

I do hope that helps.
Love and Light attend your seeking.
:smile: