PDA

View Full Version : DOING HEALING WHEN UNWELL?

JOHNTY
17-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Greetings to you All,

I am seeking your opinions on doing healing when you yourself do not have a healthy body.

The first time I had healing given to me it was done through a lady in a wheelchair. I moved on from this moving experience, gaining my own healing certificate. I have been a registered healer now for 24 years. Since then I have been afflicted with a recurring lung ailment 1-5 times a year that needs antibiotics to get rid of it. Because I can no longer be ready for any patient on a regular basis I've basically giving up doing healing, except absent/distant healing.

I was told, in my early learning healing days, that healing should never be done if you are unwell as this could lead to being open and you yourself could pick up the patients ailments. I have never forgotten that advice.

So, what do you all think: Yes to doing healing when feeling unwell ... or no?

Native spirit
17-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey johnty.

I am a spiritual healer im what is knows as a natural healer its something i have done all my life,im not trained not that that makes any difference,but if you are doing healing and not well yourself, it can be tiring so i wouldnt do it,
as you know you are just the vesil in which healing is given through you.its not something i would do if i was unwell.

Namaste
:smile:

JOHNTY
17-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Greetings to you All,

Your feelings are mine Native Spirit.

But I have always wondered why it was I was led along a Spiritual Healing path when, after a few years 99% fizzled out. :smile: What prompted the question is that at this present moment I am yet again on antibiotics.

Of course I can guess at the reasons (and there are quite a few) as to why I was led down the Spiritual Healing path: but which one is the right one, or in their own way are they all correct. It must have been known by the Great Spirit that I was eventually going to have to pack it all in due to ill health. Not only that my job changed meaning I had to do shift work in a factory which was heavy going, meaning I was tired out and needed the weekends to recover. That was a long 33 years and 7 months - but it helped pay off the mortgage. :D

On top of that, booking healing appointments for mornings one week, afternoons the next, or even doing them once a fortnight did not suit a lot of people - no matter how ill they were. Eventually people stopped turning up, and to be honest I fully understood.

But I guess the whole of the Spiritual Healing process was something that was designated for me to go through, something for me to learn from. I just hope I did and have. :D One day the whole truth will come.

Thanks for your reply.

Glen
17-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Hi JOHNTY
I am also an "untrained" healer. Energy just moves. The way I see it is I am not doing anything. However when I am not feeling well I tend to be less sensitive to the energies. I too suggest not doing healings when the healer is not well.

Love and light

Glen

Belle
18-12-2012, 12:57 PM
A slight aside, I was thinking of doing a healing course starting this term, the bumph said not to do it if your awarenesses were a bit alll over the shop, or if you had traumas / etc. So I decided to wait. I was then talking to one of the leaders of the course and she urged me not to wait too long - and said that if we all waited til everything was ok, there would be no-one there including tutors!

Not sure where the balance lies but there is a balance.

JOHNTY
19-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Greetings to you All

Glen, Belle :hug3: ,

Many thanks for your thoughts, and in myself I believe you two - Glen and Belle - my Healing Teacher, are all correct: one should not do healing if we feel unwell.

The oddity being the very first person to give me healing was a lady confined to a wheelchair, and it's that thought which has troubled me all these years. Daft isn't it, to have such thoughts, because that lady might not have been feeling unwell - just minus two legs through an accident. And after all these years I'd never thought about that before. I'd just focused on the fact that she is in a wheelchair so therefore she must be ill.

Perhaps this is why I have had to ask this question: to bring this thought to the fore and with your help to basically answer it to myself about myself: the lady wasn't ill so did Spiritual Healing: I am unwell so must not do Spiritual Healing. Sheesh! I'm so glad to whoever it was in spirit who slipped that thought in (as they do), because somebody did.

Another thought was just slipped in and that, for the very same reasons I must not do Absent/Distant Healing as often as I do. I must give myself time to rest, to recover - and I am not doing that. The work is appreciated and it is understood as to why it is being done. But the work I must do now is to change direction. There are other tasks I must perform, other things for me to learn. Despite the traumas that surround me I must spend more time meditating. Doing this will help my body, my mind, my soul - I hear laughter, kind laughter - and my sanity.

And I've just been covered in a loving embrace. :hug2:

It's nice when things like this happens. They get at you wherever and whenever they can. :D I was thinking about not sharing this message with everyone, that it might be personal to me and to me alone, but I was told to ........... Submit Reply

Many thanks to all of you.

Nameless
20-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Very awesome. Just a note re: antibiotics...make sure you are eating one cupful of yogurt with each pill...the pharmacy/doctor may nothave warned you about that, but you do want to have a stomach lining left when you are done - that will match your healthy lungs!

Peace.

Golden Angel
20-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Johnty, i think that you need to self heal before sending healing to other's, you too are just as important and no good to anyone if you are feeling ill. This could possibly be why you are having a few chest infections.
Take some time out for yourself, self heal and when feeling back to your self then send healing ;)
Love GA ;) x

whitewing
20-12-2012, 02:41 PM
hello johnty,
i am whats known as a spiritual healer although trained by spirit i work in a spiritual church , and healing if you are unwell is not permitted, as you channel healing energy through your body it is possible to pass on whatever you are suffering from via that healing energy.
i am also a approved healing teacher as well. but on saying that you cant teach teach anyone healing but you can help to guide them along the right pathway

JOHNTY
20-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Greeting to you All,

Many thanks to you all for your replies.

Nameless: many thanks for the yoghurt suggestion with each pill. I've been on and off various types of antibiotics 1-5 batches a year (for bronchiectasis) since 1961(once, for two years solid) and so far you are the first person to tell me this. By the way I am allergic to penicillin (nearly killed me), Septrin tablets and dairy products so avoid yoghurt made from cows milk.

I have soya fruit yoghurt on a daily basis but only because I like them and not for any medicinal purpose. Do you know if these have a similar or partial healing effect? I say partial because two years ago it was discovered that I have what is called Barrettes Mucosa and am on two single pills for it each day for the rest of my life unless it turns into Barrettes Oesophagus when it could go cancerous - and then look out? :D

Over the years, as best as possible, and despite these problems, I've led a normal life coupled with a desire to try to help others (I learned First Aid and practiced it for 23 years in a factory) discovered God, spiritual healing and a load of things connected with spirit and am still learning - like the rest of us. But actual Spiritual Healing always seemed to take a back-seat, learn it yes but not do it on a regular basis. Along the way ordinary life also seemed to be part of the blockage for me to do more, but I accepted that as part of my life.

I'm 69 now and life down here on dear ol' Planet Earth will be getting ever closer to finishing. There is still things spiritual I wish to learn, to do and perhaps this is what I am being told: 'You've learned enough of this lot and more and now we wish you to experience something different'. And I guess I'm getting rather excited about it.

Anyway that's enough of my prattling. :D

Once again many thanks to you all for the helpful thoughts and advice.