PDA

View Full Version : Energy Vampires

Red-Ed
12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

I am a newbie and have a question on this matter. I have read about Energy Vampires on the internet as there is a lot of information regarding effects and prevention of etc.

However I was interested in specifics of energy vampires etc. I am single and have been using online dating recently. And have noticed a trend in the type of people I have been attracting. My recent online date (who I am soon to meet for the first time) recently revealed to me that she has been clinically depressed for the past 5 years, got over her breakdown, and is on medication. The last 5 online dates have all been similar (either suffering from depression, or back pain etc).

Have been chatting with the latest date for past 2 months, since which she has found herself a new job (Professional remuneration), and I have seen her confidence soar. Throughout our online conversations she has repeatedly stated how she loves my voice and my eyes (on the web cam) and has occasionally remarked that it makes her strong / more confident.

We are soon to meet; however, I am keen to remain as friends only. And cannot but help feel she is leeching (intentionally / unintentionally) on my energy and more importantly my opportunities.

Am I fantasying over something that does not exist, or do you think there is something in my observations. If so any tips or suggestions on how to protect myself would be appreciated.

Red-Ed

Lynn
12-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Hello

These are the thoughts I have on the topic.

What is a Psychic Vampire ?

The name Psychic Vampire is given to a person that is perceived to take our energies . It may not be obvious at first one is being drained or for some not understood one is being drained. Like the physical Vampire they work on much the same principal its an attack and it takes energy from one. Just not in the form of blood is all.

How to detect this is not always easy. One will fill tired (drained) , one might notice the drain is more obvious when your in the company of the one you think might be the Vampire. Some trains of thought go to this only being possible is the one being the victim of a Psychic Vampire has in some way let them in to be able to connect to them . This can be done by simply letting one’s protections down or feeling at ease in a situation and not sensing the energy of the other. Or letting them in purposely not seeing what they truly want.

The Psychic Vampire will target most often is a person that has trouble with saying NO or is more open to persuasions or more easily lead or trusting. There is a connection created that is not seen but is made in energy that binds one to the other.

How To Stop the Psychic Vampire Drain

If you suspect that you have become a victim your must become clear on that you have a role is this. You have to accept the attack happened but make sure that you truly want it to stop. In meditation make a statement like “My energy is mine and mine alone, no one can take that energy from me. I claim it as mine alone.”

Now visualize the tie that binds you to the other. Visualize that tie being taken apart thread by thread. This might take several meditations to fully end the ties. Make sure that your clear in thought that this will end. When you feel this is clear from you then one will feel new energies flow back in. Make sure to forgive yourself for this happening and accept you did not wrong. Bless and forgive the one that did this to you and yourself. ( use a blessing that fits with your faith).

Forgiveness is very important. This will weaken the one doing the acts on others.

Lynn

Jules
12-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi Red Ed, welcome to SF and it's very nice to meet you :)

Lynn's given you some very valuable advice there. I'd like to add my two pennorth.
Firstly like attracts like. Soooo look back over your own situation over the past few months since you've been on the dating site. You have self esteem and confidence issues .. you need to work on building these up. Try reading Louise L Hays book How to Heal your life. It gives you lots of affirmations and exercises to do. If nothing else it's worth a look. Whilst you're down on yourself, you can only expect to attract the same sort of women. So this is where you need to stand up and be counted. I also want to say, listen to your gut instinct. That's the most valuable voice you will ever hear. This is where your own truth lies. Start taking more notice and stop pushing that little voice of reason away. With regards to a protection, before you start to talk to her, imagine yourself in a bubble filled with brilliant white light, a tunnel of light going out of the top into the universe and a tunnel of light going out of the bottom into the ground connecting you to the earth. Hope that goes a little way to helping. Namaste Jue x

Summerland
12-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi Red Ed, welcome to SF and it's very nice to meet you :)

Lynn's given you some very valuable advice there. I'd like to add my two pennorth.
Firstly like attracts like. Soooo look back over your own situation over the past few months since you've been on the dating site. You have self esteem and confidence issues .. you need to work on building these up. Try reading Louise L Hays book How to Heal your life. It gives you lots of affirmations and exercises to do. If nothing else it's worth a look. Whilst you're down on yourself, you can only expect to attract the same sort of women. So this is where you need to stand up and be counted. I also want to say, listen to your gut instinct. That's the most valuable voice you will ever hear. This is where your own truth lies. Start taking more notice and stop pushing that little voice of reason away. With regards to a protection, before you start to talk to her, imagine yourself in a bubble filled with brilliant white light, a tunnel of light going out of the top into the universe and a tunnel of light going out of the bottom into the ground connecting you to the earth. Hope that goes a little way to helping. Namaste Jue x

Jules and Lynn, thanks to both of you. I work in a setting that has many people who will drain ones energy.In other words, the mentally ill. Luckily I work nites, but there are those times when we have a lot of interaction going on. I knew about the bubble, but did not remember to have it go down into the earth for strength and connect to the Universal energy from the top. And I can be very good at giving advice, but very poor about listening to my own advice.:hug2:

Red-Ed
12-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Lynn and Jules,

Many thanks for the feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Actually, when I did the energy cords cut off process - she rang me within 5 minutes to ask if every things was ok!

I am working on grounding and shutting down techniques, and I do accept the point about low esteem and confidence issues. My focus has been in the gutter for whatever reason... and like does attract like...

One of my colleagues suggested that the fault lies within myself for not shutting down appropriately, and that I am actually focusing on other people then complaining when having a link with them.

I need to heal myself regularly - learn to give away and renew!

Thanks for the feedback again.

Red-Ed

Jules
13-10-2010, 01:15 PM
(((((((((((( Summerland xxx Red Ed xxx))))))))))))

giving you both a hug coz I felt you needed one!! :)

You are both very welcome. If you need anything, just ask.

Namaste
Jue xxx

Red-Ed
14-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the hugs Jules!

I have cut ethereal cords, and nature of relatioship has changed. Have been accused of having changed, not caring, not the same etc.

I am a Reiki Master (recently Initiaited) and to be honest have not used signs etc. Feel that i need focus on closing down more effectively, and holding it.

Did cross post on another forum, and received interesting feedback. Received a particular good reply from Anstar - which I have reposted below FYI:

"Hi, there is no such thing as energy vampires, it is just a made up thing to put a name to something someone could not explain so they coined it that. We are all psychic each and every one of us, it is as natural to us as any of our other senses. Some of us go through life well aware of these abilities whilst others simply put it down to gut instinct and don't take it any further. We all however have the capacity to learn more about it, to enhance upon it and learn to control our abilities. Some will only ever be meadiocre whilst others will excell but all have the potential to learn.

Psychic Vampire stories imo stem from people feeling drained whilst in the presence of certain people or in certain locations, this is not down to their energy being drained. It is down to our own psychic ability and us not having control over such abilities. If you walk into a room where someone is ill and you start picking up on how they feel it is your psychic ability not them draing you of your energy. It is you who needs to learn not to tune into another person and to close down when in certain situations. Going into hospital is quite traumatic if you are tuning in to people as you can make yorself feel quite unwell but it is not them draining you, you are picking up on them not the other way around.

As for your lady friens she could simply be feeling more confident around you as you are somoene she feels is easy to talk to and who understands her it does not mean she is leeching energy off of you."

Sangress
14-10-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4395

this might help you out

Red-Ed
14-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Many thanks Sangress

Sangress
14-10-2010, 04:31 PM
No problem Red-Ed.

Do not hesitate to Private Message me if you want any more specific information. You might say vampires are my specialty.

Good luck with your research.

Michelle11
16-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I actually agree a lot with Anstar. Energy positive and negative is contagious. The key to not taking the negative energy in is to not make their problems our problem. Your online friend was very well sending out save me take care of me vibes that were making you uneasy for good measure. We can't save anyone but ourselves. Obviously any one of us would take steps to avoid getting into a relationship with someone who sends out vibes or guilt energy towards us but if we find we are in a relationship that we cannot walk away from (like a family member) always remember we don't have to make their problem ours and their emotional control over us will be broken. Best of luck in your search to find a partner.

Love,
Michelle

Red-Ed
17-10-2010, 10:56 AM
HI Michelle,

Thank you for your lovely message, I totally agree. Actually i have changed my opinion on this matter, and have stopped playing the victim role. I take responsibility & control for my actions.

We all have an element of choice.

Its just interesting when you have interactions and somebody has ulterior motives... i guess ina sense we all do (Consciously, or unconsciously).

Ex is still around, we did not meet during this pivotal weekend (has allowed me to catch up on work, set new goals etc). Still chat online, not as much though.

Cheers
Red-Ed

seekseek
17-10-2010, 04:13 PM
regarding anstar's post, how could he or she know what is really happening? if you are picking up energy or people are draining your energy? it could be either/or or both . . . no one can know how it works, exactly. the point is that it is up to each one of us to protect ourselves . . . and cutting cords does "work." my personal experience is that people do suck energy from you (some do if you allow it). it can be a negative pattern that has been set up and it can be undone. some people are more intuitive or sensitive than others . . . some can go to a hospital and feel nothing and have no negative effects . . . others can walk into a room and feel the pain of other people . . .the bottom line is that we can learn to protect ourselves. i think the term "energy vampires" is useful to describe the practice of other people plugging into your chakras and draining your energy without your knowledge or consent. without that term, it is more difficult to understand that you can, indeed, cut energy draining cords . . .

shepherd
17-10-2010, 04:40 PM
regarding anstar's post, how could he or she know what is really happening? if you are picking up energy or people are draining your energy? it could be either/or or both . . . no one can know how it works, exactly. the point is that it is up to each one of us to protect ourselves . . . and cutting cords does "work." my personal experience is that people do suck energy from you (some do if you allow it). it can be a negative pattern that has been set up and it can be undone. some people are more intuitive or sensitive than others . . . some can go to a hospital and feel nothing and have no negative effects . . . others can walk into a room and feel the pain of other people . . .the bottom line is that we can learn to protect ourselves. i think the term "energy vampires" is useful to describe the practice of other people plugging into your chakras and draining your energy without your knowledge or consent. without that term, it is more difficult to understand that you can, indeed, cut energy draining cords . .

It all sounds rather metaphoric to me, the cutting of cords is a symbol of letting go an emotional attachment / experience. This has a powerful effect on the mind and that ritual can help someone feel empowered. Maybe there is no energy being drained at all but the simple empowerment and belief that no energy is being taken helps the person to feel better within themselves and more energised in the process.

I also find that most people who feel the need to keep protecting themselves are quite anxious and low in confidence and self esteem. Is this due to seeing the world and its people as quite dangerous? Add to that spiritual dangers too from something that cant usually be seen, touched or explained and then you have even more anxiety.

Personally I think humanity has been conditioned to believe in evil and is still fighting that war. It's the biggest illusion man faces and people are very creative when it comes to creating enemies and dangers. The power of the mind is astonishing and yet spiritual communities play down how it can create and filter beliefs to feel and be experienced as true even when something totally different is happening.

Is it time to let this war go and is it time for more spiritual members to acknowlege and learn how wonderful, powerful and empowering their own minds are in creating their universe.

Royalite
17-10-2010, 04:50 PM
You know, from reading a few of the posts here, when I get in a down mood sometimes I feel like I am an energy vampire. While I'm aware that no one can save me but me, sometimes I really want someone help me share the burden (usually the person I feel is causing me pain) or to make the decision for me.

Eg: I don't want to be friends with someone anymore but instead of taking the initiative of ending the friendship, I slip into a depression and wait for them to do the cord cutting.

Anyways, someone on here was speaking on attraction and I do believe that often times when we look inward we see that what is happening in the external is a result of our own internal state. Like does attract like whether we are aware of it or not.

Red-Ed
17-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi,

SeekSeek, you are correct; there really is no manual on energy defence / protection etc. Maybe people 'charge' off each other - I cannot say for certain. What I can say is cutting the ethereal cords does work - instantly, and effectively. I have had times, when people who I have had no contact with in 6 months, would text, call or email within 1 hour of me having cut cords between us - coincidence maybe..? I personally doubt it.

I don't like hospitals, I sometimes pick up on the pain of patients there, and it can be draining, which was one of the reasons why I did not pursue a career in medicine - it requires a certain type of personality / character to thrive and succeed in medicine.

I have come across 'Energy vampires' not only in personal relationships, but also in sporting ones - competitors have a 'knack' of repeatedly crossing your path just as you are on the road to recovery / fitness.

However, the only thing I have control of is my reaction (which is where the protection element comes into play - and was the main reason why I posted this thread - to share tips etc). I would like to have control, and the belief that I am tuning into people is the one I prefer, as it places me in control - almost empowering, rather then that of the victim..

Shepard you raise excellent points, as a NLP-er and Hypnotherapist, I have explored explanations for this phenomenon (and techniques to protect etc). I can vouch that the effect is real. As somebody who is full of energy, almost in my prime, I am conscious of how exhausted I can feel after having communicated to certain people. Those who have worked in call centres may have experienced this as well.

I also add that most NLP-ers and modern Guru's like Tony Robbins, Tad James, Chris Howard (lol) all employ spiritual healing techniques into their courses / belief systems - be it Huna, power breathing, fire walking etc etc. It is often an integral part of their courses.

100% of reality is perception - this is a fact, and I can say with certainty, that certain people come into my life and have fed on my energy, only to leave when they are strong onto better climes (business, career, etc), draining me in the process.

Dynamist - yes we do attract what we focus on, I agree. I am attracting amazing professionals into my life, intelligent, confident, and characters. Unfortunately, of late they have also been depressed and nursing injuries (back pain etc).

Right, I am off to BUY / PAY FOR / EAT some fast food.... I will pay my respects to the animals that were killed to nourish and provide energy to their consumers...

Red-Ed

seekseek
17-10-2010, 10:12 PM
the point i was trying to make is that we can all offer opinions, but no one can say for sure what is really happening . . . just wanted to frame my belief that way . . . and also, to me cutting cords is not metaphoric. i never understood what the process of "letting go" was . . .BUT i do understand cutting cords and people hooking into your chakras through umbilical like cords. the reason i think this is not metaphoric is that i have felt the difference when cords are cut . . . (cutting involves going into meditation, or having a shaman work with your guides, or whatever . . . it seems to be a very tangible thing, not an imagined process) . . . wish i could articulate the experience better . . .

in addition, self-esteem is also a chakra issue (3rd), so if there is low self-esteem the 3rd chakra is deficient . . . and that can be balanced. see "western body eastern mind" or other such reference books on the subject.

knight777
17-10-2010, 10:19 PM
angels live off energy humans were once angels our basic instict is of energy vampire when we "fell" we quit learning how to harness energy. 99% of works on "vampirism" is nonsense. reiki and all healing is aspects of vampirism and it is mostly used in positive terms. Humans who ascend remain on astral that is how we can learn and connect with them and they feed off energy this is why prayers are done.. I am very sad to read most information on the internet on these topics is simply fear based. I study with Indian mystics and have been taught well on these topics.

Sangress
17-10-2010, 10:43 PM
SeekSeek, you are correct; there really is no manual on energy defence / protection etc.

For the sake of mentioning it. I'll be writing an article soon on basic energetic attack and defense. I've taught students this subject extensively, so I know my methods work.

There will be information there about how to deter overzealous or out-of-control energy vampires among other things.

So, soon enough you'll have your "manual" ;p.

seekseek
17-10-2010, 10:51 PM
reiki is not any form of "vampirism," knight777 . . . it is channeling divine energy when it is wanted/needed/requested . . .

sangress . . . why not give a preview of your methods here?

Michelle11
17-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Personally I think humanity has been conditioned to believe in evil and is still fighting that war. It's the biggest illusion man faces and people are very creative when it comes to creating enemies and dangers. The power of the mind is astonishing and yet spiritual communities play down how it can create and filter beliefs to feel and be experienced as true even when something totally different is happening.

Is it time to let this war go and is it time for more spiritual members to acknowlege and learn how wonderful, powerful and empowering their own minds are in creating their universe.

Nicely said Shepard.

Michelle

Rumar
17-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Most people who turn to online dating tend to have some form of depression.
They don't just jump into online dating, they use it as a last resort or after they've given up on looking around them (or waiting around).

Energy vamps can get people sick and harm others' emotions but they're not THAT common.

Sangress
18-10-2010, 12:11 AM
sangress . . . why not give a preview of your methods here?

With all respect, previews are incomplete and have the capacity to be misunderstood.

I don't want to take any chances with giving people the wrong ideas.

Energetic attack and Defence can be very dangerous and should be taught with the utmost discipline and respect. It's a tool that should be used for good rather than warding off "evil." And I want to make such things as clear and precise as possible.

I think an entire article would be much more fulfilling. Unless you would like a PM, which I'm willing to do if I have time.

*decides to stop overriding the original topic* sorry about that.

shepherd
18-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Shepard you raise excellent points, as a NLP-er and Hypnotherapist, I have explored explanations for this phenomenon (and techniques to protect etc). I can vouch that the effect is real. As somebody who is full of energy, almost in my prime, I am conscious of how exhausted I can feel after having communicated to certain people. Those who have worked in call centres may have experienced this as well.

I used to work in call centres too and have experienced the "drain" like many others but its more to do with giving energy away than having it taken. The same goes when working with clients, I am a Life Doctor using lots of tools to help people with anxiety, nervous disorders, depression, and so on, these people are classed as quite negative and yet I never feel drained working with them as my energy is my own. No-one can take it without my permission and thats just that. If I am tired it is due to other things in my life being out of balance. I dont wish to be part of the blame culture which seems to focus on others being at fault.

It's sad but the spiritual community has its own conditioning to break through and that is how it percieves negativity, evil, the illusionary spiritual war and how powerful their minds actually are.